The Scottish Revival

• Thread starter Thread starter th3king
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 56K
Great story so far. Well done with the league. What team instructions are you using?

Great story so far. Well done with the league. What team instructions are you using?

Thanks mate.

I'm using: Pass into space, play out of defence, work ball into box, exploit the middle, push higher up, use tighter marking, high tempo and prevent goalkeeper distribution.

Cracking story mate, Dominating with Dundee!! Keep this up and you could improve quicker than you think! The graphics you have made for this too are of the highest quality!

View attachment 213939
SEASON 2: THE RUN IN

View attachment 213938
LEAGUE NEWS

Cummings’ goal wins League Cup

We breeze through the final five matches to win consecutive SPL Titles.

Jackie McNamara appointed Ross County manager.

Robbie Neilson struggles early but leads Celtic to a second place finish.

Bring up my 100th​ game in management.

RESULTS

View attachment 213930
The end of the season was quite inconsistent compared to earlier in the season. We were able to do what had to be done for us to win the league, but were unable to string massive streaks of wins together, which could come down to the fact that players are starting to become tired after playing in more competitions this season.

LEAGUE CUP FINAL

DUNDEE vs PARTICK THISTLE

View attachment 213932
View attachment 213931
A fairly boring final saw just one goal from Jason Cummings deciding the result. We had eight shots on target to their three, but other than that it fairly even throughout.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 213933
We win the league for a second consecutive season. Celtic still can’t overcome Hearts who finish in second, an improvement from last year’s 8th​ position. St. Mirren are relegated but Ross Country survive the playoff to stay up for another season and Ranger finish a surprising 4th​ after promotion last year. They will probably qualify for Europa League football due to Celtic winning the Scottish Cup.

KEY PLAYER

View attachment 213937

ABDUL RAZAK

Probably not our best player this month, but I just felt he deserved a mention. For a player that doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, Abdul Razak, is our rock in midfield and is an integral part of our rise to success, even if he doesn’t get massive ratings. After coming in for free after failing at Crystal Palace, Man City, Anji, West Ham, OFI Crete and Doncaster, I’m really happy to see him finally finding his place in the footballing world.

DUNDEE AWARDS

View attachment 213934
Kevin Holt surprisingly wins Fan’s player of the year, with Gary Irvine finishing second. Don’t get me wrong both players were outstanding for us, but I’m not really sure they were our key players this season.

Jeremie Boga deservedly receives signing of the year after coming on-loan from Chelsea. He put in some lovely performances especially earlier in the year which put us in prime position to win the league.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 213936
View attachment 213935
Great to see we have been able to tie down two of our best players from this season. Rossbach was unbelieveable in goal for us and Cummings has kicked 60 goals in 71 games since moving from Hibernian two years ago.

Last edited:
Just came upon this little gem and I must say that you have done a very impressive job so far! You are simply dominating Scotland at the moment. The results in the Champions League were to be expected as you faced some very strong opposition. Next year you should aim for a 3rd spot in the group stage so that you can get into the Europa League were you could stand more of a chance. Anyway really enjoying this story so far so I'll definately be watching this one very closely from now on.

View attachment 213660
SEASON 2: REVIEW

View attachment 213661
The 2016/17 season has official concluded, so it's time to review the season that was. After 228 matches and the return of the Old Firm Derby, let’s have a look back at where teams shone and where they failed.

PRE-SEASON TARGETS

SPL: Challenge for the Title.
SCOTTISH CUP: Final of either cup.
SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP: Final of either cup.
EUROPE: Champions’ League Group stages.

Another season of success lead to all our preseason targets being ticked off. Obviously it would have been great to be a bit more competitive in the Champions League, but with a small squad lacking depth, it was always going to be unlikely.

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP WINNER
View attachment 213659
After falling short last year, Dundee came back with fire in the belly and took out their first League Cup since the 1973/14 season with a 1-0 win against Partick Thistle. Dundee have had a quick rise to fame and will be contenders for this competition for years to come.

SCOTTISH CUP WINNER
View attachment 213658
Celtic finally win a piece of silverware beating Partick Thistle 3-0 to win the Scottish Cup. They had a very easy draw up to the final playing only one Premier League side, Motherwell, in the Semi.

CHAMPIONS
View attachment 213659
It was Th3 King’s men who raced to the title, winning with three games to spare and often looking like they had it in the bag from match day one. They lost just five matches all season, and finish with 89 points and an impressive 57 goal difference. Jason Cummings and Ryan Christie had incredible seasons to fire the Dees to their second consecutive league title.

EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 213658View attachment 213657View attachment 213656
Celtic will be again competing in the Europa League, accompanied by Hearts and for the first time in five years. Celtic must improve on their previous stints in Europe, otherwise it’ll be all up to Dundee to improve Scottish football. The big improvers this year Hearts, will look to strengthen and keep pushing for the title.

RELEGATED
View attachment 213655
St. Mirren are the only team to be relegated this year after Ross County beat Raith in the relegation playoffs 2-1 on aggregate. St. Mirren were outplayed all year, but were unlucky to be demoted to the championship having only been six points of safety.

PROMOTION
View attachment 213654
Dundee United will be back in the top flight of Scottish football, which means the Dundee Derby will be contested once again. After losing almost a full first eleven that were relegated last year, Ryan McKinnon was able to lead the club to a first place finish.

FULL TABLE

View attachment 213653
There was a significant gap from the top three to the rest of the league with a massive 13 points gap between Celtic and Rangers. Hearts were the most improved team, and were able to settle the ship midseason when manager, Robbie Neilson, left to take the job at Celtic, finishing four points ahead of the Parkhead club.

SPL REVIEW

View attachment 213652
View attachment 205607CELTIC – 5/10 Celtic with yet another disappointed season but were able to pick up silverware after winning the Scottish Cup. They failed again on the European front being knockout out in the group stages of the Europa League, in a group consisting of Leicester City, Lyon and Zurich. Disappointing to say the least.

View attachment 205606DUNDEE FC 9/10 winning the double for the first team in the clubs history, what more can we ask for. Big season for the Dees in Europe next year, with Scotland’s hopes upon our shoulders and hopefully we can win the Scottish treble.

View attachment 205605ABERDEEN - 5/10 Aberdeen were consistently average again this season, Nothing really to note from them, just a mediocre team that finished midtable. Struggle scoring goals, with their leading goalscoere being 21 year-old, Lawrence Shankland, who would even make the bench of my team.

View attachment 205604INVERNESS CT – 7/10 although they finished 6th​ Inverness relied much less on English loanees and also lost their best defender, Josh Meekings to Bournemouth. They brought in some fresh young talent, so hopefully they’ll keep improving.

View attachment 205598MOTHERWELL - 5/10 after being relegation bound midway through the year, they appoint Paul Lambert who steadied the ship and led them to a safe 8th​ place finish. They spent a fair chunk of cash on League One English talent, which isn’t all that special.

View attachment 205599ST JOHNSTONE - 5/10 another mediorcre team who did enough to stay up but aren’t good enough to break the top four or five. Chris Kane had a break out year scoring 15 goals. Keeping a hold of him is their main priority.

View attachment 205597ROSS COUNTY - 4/10 a team that sat in the relegation zone for quite a substantial period of time but pulled it all together later in the season and survived quite easily. They a long way from competing with anyone half decent in this league. You could say they were the best of a bad bunch.

View attachment 205600PARTICK THISTLE - 3/10 after a breakout year last year, Partick were back to a bottom half finish. They had a very steady rise in Scottish football finishing 10th​, 8th​ and then 4th​ for past three season but could improve again. Ryan Edwards was their only bright spark, with the Australian winning FW Young Player of the Year.

View attachment 205601ST. MIRREN - 1/10 couldn’t survive relegation after winning the Championship last year. Unfortunately they really struggled to put the ball in the back of the net, even with Craig Wighton leading the line.

View attachment 205602HEARTS - 8/10 really good year for The Jambos finish a very respectable second place. Never really had a chance with us nestled nicely at the top of the table, but after some youthful signing there only way is up, fingers crossed.

View attachment 205603RANGERS - 7/10 after getting promotion through the playoffs, Ranger finished 4th​, a great season for a newly promoted side. Relied heavily on loans, which they won’t be able to do every year.

View attachment 205596HAMILTON- 3/10 saved themselves from relegation due to beating teams around them, can't see them staying around for long.

TOP GOALSCORER

View attachment 213651

Cummings has made a name for himself in Scottish football after winning the Top Goalscorer for the second consecutive year. After scoring 29 goals in last season, Cummings has outdone himself scoring 32 goals in 35 league games. Falling just short of Henrik Larsson’s league goal scoring record, Cummings will destined to improve and maybe even take out this 15 year-old record.

FOOTBALL WRITERS’ PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 213650

After making the move from Celtic to Dundee for first team football, Christie has shown to all Scottish fans just why he was named Young Player of the Year last season. With 5 goals and a league leading 15 assists in 28 matches, Christie was one of the hottest players in the SPL this season.

SCOTTISH PLAYER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 213651

Jason was award with POTY to go along with the Top Goalscorer Award. He was miles ahead of anyone in the goal tally and thoroughly deserved the award after a stellar season with Dundee leading them to their second consecutive league title and a Scottish League Cup win.

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 213649

After moving from Liga Adelante side, Tenerife, for £1.5mil, Jorge had an heir of expectation to perform after Dundee spent so much money on him at just a young 19 years of age. Just a year later, he had become a stalwart of the Dundee defence, a defence who conceded the least goals this season.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

View attachment 213648
Six Dundee player featuring, with three of the back four again making the team. On-loan midfielder, Sheyi Ojo also made the team alongside Dundee attacking duo, Ryan Christie and Jason Cummings.

Last edited:
A good showing for Jorge this season! Wont be long before some big teams start to circle him, Probably the same for Christie as well!

A good showing for Jorge this season! Wont be long before some big teams start to circle him, Probably the same for Christie as well!

They've both been class for the kind of money they cost!

Jorge is staying, but Christie.. well

View attachment 211616
SEASON 3: PRESEASON

View attachment 211614
LEAGUE NEWS

After only 215 days in charge, Paul Lambert leaves Motherwell. They appoint Partick Thistle’s Alan Archibald.

Tough, but we make the group stages of the Champions League once again.

Only Celtic make group stages of the Europa League. Rangers put up decent performances but are knocked out by AZ Alkmaar in the playoffs.

PRE-SEASON TARGETS

SPL: Win the League
SCOTTISH CUP: Win either cup.
SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP: Win either cup

2017/18 KIT LAUNCH

View attachment 211576
I'm very happy with these kits, with a new metal grey away strip to go along with the regular dark blue home strip.

It's our last year with Puma, so we could be seeing a new kit manufacturer designing our kits next year,

BACKROOM STAFF

View attachment 211612
Two massive backroom staff appointments for Dundee. Paul Scholes and Alessandro Del Piero will join Th3 King and acts as coaches for the first team squad. Although the club is still on the rise, they have been able to attract some bid names even if they aren’t playing.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 211609
Obviously it would have been perfect to keep some of the core players that served the club well last season, but money talks which meant there was three departures this summer for what I call outrageous fees for the players’ ability.

View attachment 211608
Derby came in for Kasper Skaanes with a bid of £9.75 million and boy was I never going to turn that type of money down. Skaanes was influential in his first season at the club winning fan’s Player of the Year, but struggled for consistency averaging only a 6.99 rating compared to the previous year’s 7.81.

View attachment 211606
Alvaro Vallido came in on a free in in the summer and leaves a year later for a massive £10 million. I can’t turn down a profit like that, and for a player who did struggle with injury it was always my idea that he would be sold sooner rather than later.

View attachment 211605
After joining Dundee on deadline day last season for just £1 million, Ryan Christie has moved to Southampton for £16 million. He was good last year, winning Football Writers’ Player of the Year, but he wasn’t £16 million good.

View attachment 211604
Due to the funds we were able to recoup from sales over the summer, there has been a massive turnover of talent especially to the academy. I feel like the squad may be a little weaker than last year, but the potential superstars I have been able to bring in, I’m very happy. Obviously we have relied on loans for the last couple of season, but this year not one player has been loaned in which is a great sign for the future of Scottish football.

View attachment 211603
View attachment 211602
Although our fullbacks have performed outstandingly for us for the past two seasons, it was a position I felt needed to be strengthened. Rico Henry and Pascal Itter have come in for relatively small fees for the ability and potential these players possess.

View attachment 211601
View attachment 211600
View attachment 211596
We were able to poach three players from Chelsea that were in their eyes ‘failed prospects.’ Well ill show them how to grow and nurture young talent. The truth is, I’ll probably sell Loftus-Cheek to Liverpool for £25 million in two seasons. All three players are good enough and will feature in the first team regularly as possible.

View attachment 211599
Olsen was signed at the end of last season during the Norwegian youth intake, but only joined this summer. The kid is absolute class and has bags of potential. He will hopefully take over from Abdul Razak as the holding midfielder in the first team.

View attachment 211598
Finally, our last first team signing is Rafal Wolski a 24 year-old from Fiorentina for £1.7 million. Due to the departure of Ryan Christie, we need a player to fill the role of the advance playmaker. We have Craig Wighton who I will be looking to play regularly but still don’t trust in massive games. Wolski will play Champions League football and any big matches, probably be moved on for profit at the end of the year.

View attachment 211595
We had funds to burn, so I went out this transfer window to bring in some talent that we can grow and hopefully profit off in the future. I won’t talk about these player individually, but just know they’ll soon feature in the first team squad.

HENNING BANGERT

View attachment 211594
BOSKO DOMJANOVIC

View attachment 211593
ARILD HERMANSEN

View attachment 211592
TOMISLAV MILIC

View attachment 211590
MATEO MICHEL

View attachment 211591
JAMIE NAISMITH

View attachment 211589
DANIEL PERSSON

View attachment 211588
MATKO SERIC

View attachment 211587

RESULTS

FRIENDLIES

View attachment 211611
Another year of friendlies and another load of cash. This year was quite surprising though, finishing with three wins, three draws and three loses, hopefully we can perform against big teams like this when it counts.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFIERS

View attachment 211585
We made it comfortably in the end, but it wasn’t all smooth sailing. The loss at home to Olympiakos could have been the ending of any further European aspirations, but we were able to perform when it mattered and win with on the away leg in Greece.

View attachment 211579

Now this group is much better than last year. Could there be a chance a Scottish team makes the knockout rounds for the first team since 2012/13 season?

KEY PLAYER

View attachment 211584

JOHN SOUTTAR

Souttar has been incredible this season, taking on the role of the ball playing defender next to Jorge. His passing ability and his eye for a pass have been amazing for the team, contributing to many counter attacks as the first outlet pass to a running winger. Hopefully he can continues these stellar performances in the regular season.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 211583
We jump up three places into 16th this season with the Czech Republic, Greece and Croatian first divisions closely in our sights.

View attachment 211582
We also improve on the Club Coefficients as well, sitting in 17th​ place. Due to this we have been guaranteed another sport in the Europa League Qualifying stages, which means the top three teams in the league will play in Europe as well as the winner of the Scottish Cup.

View attachment 211581
View attachment 211580
We moved up 168 places and now sit as the 186th​ best club in Europe. If we continue to qualify for the Champions League, I can’t see why this wouldn’t continue to improve.

INDEX

Sorry about the gap between updates, but this was a massive Preseason that took a little bit of time to document.

I'm really keen to see what this group of players can do after a few massive departures.​

Last edited:
View attachment 211287
SEASON 3: AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

View attachment 211286
LEAGUE NEWS

Gordon Strachan sacked as Scotland manager with Aderdeen’s Billy Stark appointed.

Queen of the South manager, Callum Davidson, takes over at Partick Thistle.

10 match unbeaten run to start the season.

Celtic relying on loanees but look the goods early on.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 211285
View attachment 211284
Our final purchase of the window was Dutch midfielder, Marco Van Ginkel. The tireless midfielder has been on the books of Chelsea since he moved from Vitesse in 2013. He has had a number of spells out on loan at clubs such as AC Milan and Stoke City, but hasn’t played a competitive match for a season and a half. For a measly fee of £3.5 million, this kid has serious talent and could become world class with some first team exposure.

RESULTS

View attachment 211283
It’s a wonderful start the season going ten matches unbeaten until we were surprisingly undone by a weak St. Johnstone team. Obviously it wasn’t a great end to September, but I’ll take the initial start we had.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 211281
So at the midway point of the Champions’ League Group stages, we sit a very respectable 2nd​, with both Marseille and Red Bull Salzburg sitting below us. As you can see Jason Cummings has been just as crucial to our Champions League form as he has for our League form. The kid oozes class in the final third and bangs in goals for fun.

View attachment 211254

SPL TABLE

Completley forgot the screen shot of the table, but we sit top of the table with Celtic following closely behind us in second, with Inverness rounding out the top three. The gap between 3rd and 4th is starting to become prominent as per usual at the moment.

KEY PLAYER

View attachment 211282

JASON CUMMINGS

Need I say more about this him? If his first and second season at the Dees weren’t enough, Cummings has shot out of the blocks and leads all comers in both the Champions League and SPL goal scoring tallies. It’s scary how good this kid is and the fact he’s still only 22 means he’s still going to improve.

Last edited:
Great first two seasons! Love the layout & how your first two seasons went with Dundee and the inspirational quotes signing of Cummings up top. Hope your first big summer payday funds Dundee to the next level! KUTGW

amazing story and even better layout, following this religiously :)

Cheers mate, hope you're enjoying it as much as I am!

Great first two seasons! Love the layout & how your first two seasons went with Dundee and the inspirational quotes signing of Cummings up top. Hope your first big summer payday funds Dundee to the next level! KUTGW

Thanks for the appreciation man, I don't think it'll ever be as good as the original Saving the Scottish game though.

Cummings is the best striker I've ever had on FM, he's crazy and he's only getting better!

View attachment 211113
SEASON 3: MIDSEASON

View attachment 211112
LEAGUE NEWS

We fail in miserably in Europe, after securing a stable position at the midway point.

Continue to smash the league but Celtic are right on our tale.

Our Academy continues to grow and improve.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 211109
The USA defender comes in from PSG for £7.25 million after a lack of first team exposure at the French giants. John Brooks is a very capable Ball Playing Defender and being left footed really suits the likes of Jorge and John Souttar as a defensive partnership. It’s great to get in a player of this calibre, showing that the game in improving in Scotland.
View attachment 211106
Another two prospects come in this transfer window to again bolster our academy. Czech, Michal Silhavy, comes in from Teplice and Thuso Mahlangu comes in from South African club, Kaiser Chiefs. Thuso is a massive coup for the club after also being followed by Chelsea and Arsenal, he’s absolutely rapid and has some keys stats for his position. He will being in our u/20’s but will most likely be added to the first team squad by the end of the season.

View attachment 211086
Paul McGinn leaves the club after serving Dundee for four season. He was outstanding under my rein as manager but did not like the backup role he was given this year and demanded a move.
The rest are youngsters going out on loan. Dom Thomas looked like a good little player but as we sign Thuso Mahlangu, he just wasn’t going to get enough first team football.

RESULTS

View attachment 211103
We contine to dominate the league. We are formidable, losing only one match away against Inverness. We are also in to the Final of the League Cup again and should really look to make the Scottish Cup final as well.
You may also notice Jason Cummings hasn’t scored lately, well he was injured in the Celtic 2-2 draw and was out for 4-5 week with Cartilage damage in his knee. This should hinder his chances of winning the Top Goalscorer again as he’s miles ahead.

View attachment 211089
We let our stable position slip with the loss to Red Bull Salzburg. It’s heartbreaking, but we finished third, meaning we play Roma in the 1st​ Knockout Round of the Europa League. They’re a quality side, so I don’t expect to get anything from the round expect for an absolute smashing from the Italian’s.

View attachment 211088

SPL TABLE

View attachment 211101
Up until a couple of games ago Celtic were right behind us, but have started to drop off losing two of their last five. Dundee United are sitting just above the relegation zone but are looking less and less likely to survive as every match day passes. It’s also surprising to see Motherwell sit 5th​ after they brought in some player for hefty fees.

KEY PLAYER

View attachment 211095

MARCO VAN GINKEL

What a purchase this guy was. He’s the prefect all-round midfielder and suits the roaming playmaker position so well. I’m sure I won’t have this guy around for too long so I’m trying to enjoy it as much as possible for now.

OTHER NEWS

AROUND THE LEAGUE
View attachment 211091
We are involved in the five biggest transfer in and out of the league while Motherwell are the most active besides us, spending some serious cash.

After bringing in Asmir Begovic late last year, Celtic sell him for barely any profit and then sell Keiren Tierney one of their better prospects.

Last edited:
Awesome story so far, having the same fortune with Jason Cummings in my save with Rangers has 100 goals in 3 seasons with me. Only trouble I'm having is being able to negotiate large fees for my players when clubs are coming in, I seem to have to sell them for a fraction of their value. Seems you're having no such problems. Excited to continue to follow this.

View attachment 210761
SEASON 3: THE RUN IN

View attachment 210760
LEAGUE NEWS

St. Johnstone sack Tommy Wright as their fate looks almost certain for relegation.

Gary Caldwell leaves Wigan to take Ross County job.

We struggle with consistency, with Celtic right on our heels, could we throw it all away?

Alan Archibald sacked at the end of the season, due to not delivery in the league.

RESULTS

View attachment 210759
We lose convincingly to Roma 4-1 on aggregate. I don’t feel too bad about this as they ended up playing Juventus in the final, although lost on penalties.

View attachment 210755
We were very inconsistent compared to earlier in the year drawing five games and losing two. The league came down to the final day, with us needing to win to continue our run of league titles. We were too strong for Motherwell with Cummings scoring two and Wolski scoring the other.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 210758
We win the league by a single point piping Celtic on the final day. They were at another level this year, but relied way too much on loans. Four of their starting eleven were loaned in, which can’t be happening at one of the top clubs in the country.

KEY PLAYER

View attachment 210757

DOMINIC SOLANKE

Dominic Solanke has had a very good year that has been overshadowed by the likes of Jason Cummings and Lucas Piazon. He really brought us home on his own performances playing well in key matches and scoring at crucial times.

DUNDEE AWARDS

View attachment 210754
Cummings was prevelent throughout the statistics finishing the year with 54 goals, 13 player of the matches, and was awarded Fan's Player of the Year. Dominic Solanke fought off Rafal Wolski and Lucas Piazon for the Signing of the Season, hoepfully the ex-Chelsea wonderkid can continue to improve.

After the stellar year in front of goal, Cummings surprised world football.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 210756
So after initially rejecting the improvement of the training facilities, they finally allow the upgrade. Hopefully by this time next year we have very reputable facilities that can be compared to the best in Europe.

Last edited:
View attachment 210316
SPL SEASON 3 REVIEW

View attachment 210317
The 2017/18 season has ended once again, so here the review of the ever exciting SPL. After 228 matches and the return of the Dundee Derby, let’s have a look back on how it all unfolded.

PRE-SEASON TARGETS

SPL: Win the League

SCOTTISH CUP: Win either cup.

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP: Win either cup

It was another great season on the domestic front, winning the treble for the first time, although we were less convincing in the league compared to previous years. Our Champions’ League run was cut well short after a great start, but we can’t be expecting miracles here.

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP WINNER
View attachment 210315
Dundee win their second consecutive Scottish League Cup after a convincing 5-1 demolishing of Rangers. They breezed through the stages to win cup proven by their 5-0 win against Hearts in the Semi Finals.

SCOTTISH CUP WINNER
View attachment 210315
Dundee complete the domestic treble beating Partick Thistle. They were just too good for any competitors, and deserved all the accolades that came along after their historic season.

CHAMPIONS
View attachment 210315
Dundee continues their dominance in the SPL winning their third League Title in three years. Jason Cummings was again at his very best this year scoring 38 goals at more than a goal a game. New signing’s Rafal Wolski and Lucas Piazon were also valuable member in there title defence.

EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 210314View attachment 210305View attachment 210304
Celtic again finish second securing their qualification for the Europa League. They were a massive shout at winning the league late in the year but weren’t able to outrun Dundee on the home stretch. To accompany them is 3rd​ placed Inverness and 4th​ placed Rangers who both put together excellent domestic seasons.

RELEGATED
View attachment 210313
Dundee United fell short again after their promotion last year. They were looking like they could save themselves before the league split, but were outplayed when it mattered and sadly were given the boot.

PROMOTION
View attachment 210312
St Mirren win the Championship for the second time in three years and become the true definition of a leapfrogging team. They were head and shoulders above anyone in the Scottish Second Division, winning the league at a canter.

FULL TABLE

View attachment 210311

SPL REVIEW

View attachment 210310
View attachment 205595CELTIC – 7/10 Celtic were much stronger this year, especially in the league with us only pipping them at the final hurdle. They were also able to make the knockout rounds of the Europa League, only to fall agonisingly close when Fiorentina put three past them late in the second leg.

View attachment 205594DUNDEE FC 10/10 we in the treble and make the knockout round of the Europa League, what more can we ask for?

View attachment 205585ABERDEEN - 4/10 Aberdeen were consistently average again this season, but keep slowly slipping down the leagues with every year that passes. Loaned in Jerome Sinclair who finished behind Jason Cummings as top goalscorer.

View attachment 205586INVERNESS CT – 7/10 continue to improve finishing 3rd​ in the League. Hope to see them continue their impressive run into Europe soon.

View attachment 205587MOTHERWELL - 6/10 after spending a bucket load in both windows, they still can’t make the top three or even the top four. Clearly shows just how mediocre their signings have been, for the money they spent.

View attachment 205593ST JOHNSTONE – 3/10 only just survive the drop as they beat Raith the relegation playoff. They need to strengthen their squad significantly if they have any chance next year.

View attachment 205588ROSS COUNTY - 4/10 similar to last year, sat rock bottom until the league split and won games when it mattered and survived by the skin of their teeth.

View attachment 205590PARTICK THISTLE - 3/10 Partick Thistle again slip into mediocrity. Although they do well enough to meet us in the final of the Scottish Cup. Another team who needed to strengthen in the summer but didn’t.

View attachment 205592DUNDEE UTD - 1/10 our close rivals are again relegated after being promoted last season. Not much to say, they were just never up to the quality of the league.

View attachment 205591HEARTS - 6/10 The Jambos weren’t able to replicate a magical year like last, finishing 5th​. No real Transfer activity was their downfall this year.

View attachment 205589RANGERS - 7/10 Rangers finish fourth, make the League Cup final and keep on improving a youthful first team squad. If they continue to improve as they are, they’ll soon be a threat in the league.

View attachment 205584HAMILTON- 5/10 very surprising to see them finish outside the relegation zone. Steven Evans may have turned a new leaf for the Accies.

TOP GOALSCORER

View attachment 210309
Cummings wins his 3rd​ consecutive Goalscoring title. This year he was able to crash the goal-a-game ratio and even recorded the most goals scored in a season with 38 goals in 31 games.

FOOTBALL WRITERS’ PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 210308

Martin Boyle was a significant factor to Partick Thistle finishing above the drop this year, and was acknowledged for this by receiving the FW player of the year. Scoring 7 goals and producing 17 assists, he was a much improved player for the Jags.

SCOTTISH PLAYER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 210309
Jason was award with POTY to go along with the Top Goalscorer Award. He was miles ahead of anyone in the goal tally and thoroughly deserved the award after a stellar season with Dundee leading them to their third consecutive league title and a Scottish League Cup win. Averaging a 7.80 and scoring 38 goals to go along with 6 assists, he was sensation for the Dees.

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 210307
Rico Henry, after moving for English club, Walsall, at the end of last season, has shown to many why he was so highly rated by English supporters. With pace, stamina and a technically sound game, he was a key figure in guiding the Dees to another title winning season.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

View attachment 210306
Only four Dundee players feature this year down on the six last year. Three new signings in Piazon Henry and Wolski, were deserved of a place after adapting so quickly to the Scottish way.

Last edited:
Back