The Scottish Revival

• Thread starter Thread starter th3king
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 56K
Outstanding career at the dees

Now to watch you get the dons back up to a decent level

I love unique FM stories like these! Top notch. Will keep an eye on this.

View attachment 204741
SEASON 5: THE RUN IN

View attachment 204740
LEAGUE NEWS

Rangers appoint Paul Lambert after his two year stint at Bournemouth.

We couldn’t get past Dundee as I record my first defeat as Aberdeen manager.

Dundee eliminated by Atletico and Rangers knocked out by Sporting Lisbon, meaning no Scottish teams left in Europe.

I loose on my long awaited return to Dens Park in the Scottish Cup Semi.

Rafael Van der Vaart officially named Dundee FC manager.

YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 204739
So after 5 years in the save, I may have found myself a star from the club I’m managing. Martin McMillan born and raised in Elgin is an attacking midfielder who could be a shining light in a very poor season at the Dons. Some very nice stats for an attacking midfielder and has an ambitious personality. Obviously he’s still very raw and doesn’t possess great physicals, but at least he’s something we can work with.

TRANSFERS

EMILIO NAVARRO

View attachment 204733
The goalkeepers at the club are mediocre at best, so I felt that if we were going to have an average goalkeeper he may as well have room to grow and get better rather than be 32 and slowly decreasing in ability like our current number one, Ivan Kelava, is.

RESULTS

View attachment 204735
What more can you ask for after coming in with a mountain to climb. Obviously Dundee were our stumbling block in the Semi Final of the Scottish Cup but let’s face it they are the best team in the league without a doubt.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 204736
After a wonderful end of the season only losing three matches, we have survived quite comfortably. Dundee win another League Title, but that is expected at least for the near future and Celtic finish second, again.

ABERDEEN SEASON STATS

View attachment 204738
Unsurprisingly Moses Blackwell wins Fan’s Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year. Sadly he’s still only on loan from Chelsea, and I can’t see them giving him to us for nothing. Of course trying to keep him on loan is a main priority going into next season.

KEY PLAYER

View attachment 204737

CALVIN MILLER

A player I brought in as cover on the wings become an intergural part to our rise up the league after January. He’s obviously not a long term option in the side but producing 6 goals, 4 assists and an average rating of 7.32 in 14 matches isn’t too shabby.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 204730
With a heap of key player's contracts expiring it was a priority to get as many of them signed on for the future as I could. Ryan Fraser was probably the most important of this players and will be a key player going forward here at Aberdeen.

Last edited:
Read this whole thing yesterday, great stuff. Note to self Get Cummings in my Rangers game.

I loved it when stonecold did this and this is just as good. Brilliant to read and looks fantastic too, keep up the good work!

Read this whole thing yesterday, great stuff. Note to self Get Cummings in my Rangers game.

Yes mate, Cummings was a star for me! he's not even getting played at Dundee now, might have to bring him to Aberdeen for a spell!!

Cracking story to read!!

Cheers, hope you continue to enjoy!

I loved it when stonecold did this and this is just as good. Brilliant to read and looks fantastic too, keep up the good work!

I still read Stonecold's story weirdly enough, it was ****** amazing! Even if mine is half as good I'll be happy.

View attachment 204434
SEASON 5: REVIEW

View attachment 204433
TARGETS

SPL:
Avoid Relegation atall costs.
SCOTTISH CUP:
Reach the Quarter Finals.
SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP:
N/A
EUROPE:
N/A

Basically we did what we wanted to do and also reached a Semi Final to go alongwith it. Hopefully after finishing the season in blistering form, we take itinto the next season.

DOMESTIC TREBLE WINNERS

View attachment 204421
After Th3 King handed in his resignation quite unexpectedly, Rafael Van der Vaart took over a very talented Dundee squad and was able to lead them to their 5th​ SPL Title to go along with the Scottish Cup and League Cup, securing the Scottish Treble for the second time in Dundee's history. Martin Kucera and Tete Pozo were both on fire this year for the Dees.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 204415
For a second year in a row Celtic qualify for Champions League football again. They struggled in this season’s tournament where they were unable to make the group stages and were therefore placed in the group stages of the Europa League. Hopefully for both Celtic and Scotland they can produce on a continental front next season.

EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 204417View attachment 204416View attachment 204414
Three teams qualify for the Europa League this season, led by a 3rd​ placed Hearts outfit who were outstanding this season. Dundee United are back up in the European places in Scotland after a few years jumping between the Premiership and Championship.

RELEGATED

View attachment 204418View attachment 204422
Another two teams are relegated this season with Hibernian finishing at the bottom of the table. Aberdeen sat rock bottom up until the end of January until Th3 King was able to do wonders for the Dons who eventually finished 7th​. The other side who will be playing in the Championship next season is Partick Thistle who lost to Livingston in the Playoff.

PROMOTION

View attachment 204420View attachment 204419
Ross County will again be playing in the Premiership after just once season since being relegated. The surprise package of the Championship, Livingston, are the other side to gain promotion, a side who sat 4th​ all year but put together some key performances when it mattered and were eventual winners of the Playoff beating Partick Thistle 3-0.

FULL TABLE

View attachment 204423
It was a very interesting season this year for all sides in the SPL. Motherwell and Rangers fell extravagantly down the table finishing 8th​ and 9th​ respectively and on the other hand St Mirren and Dundee Utd, two teams who were both stuck in the mediocrity of Scottish Football each finished in the top 6.

SPL REVIEW

View attachment 204424
View attachment 204413DUNDEE FC – 10/10 won the league the Domestic Treble that should have been mine and made the 1st​ Knockout Round of the Champions League, quite an effort without me at the helm for the last half of the season.

View attachment 204412CELTIC – 6/10 another season overshadowed by the dominance of Dundee. They also couldn’t even make it out of the Group Stages of the Europa League which was quite poor.

View attachment 204411HEARTS – 7/10 great season for Hearts who were led by ex-West Ham manager, Slaven Bilic. With Motherwell and Rangers being poor this year, they beat the teams they needed to and therefore deserved their high position.

View attachment 204410INVERNESS CT – 7/10 another fairly decent year for Inverness, they seem to struggle playing in multiple competitions and seeing as they qualified for Europe I won’t be surprised if they finished outside the top 6 next year.

View attachment 204409DUNDEE UTD7/10 a wonderful season for the orange half of Dundee. After jumping between the Championship and Premiership for a couple of years, hopefully they can continue and get back to where being a strong side in Scotland.

View attachment 204408ST. MIRREN – 6/10 another surprising team in the top 6. They produced early in the season and couldn’t win a game in their last 11.

View attachment 204407ABERDEEN – 5/10 obviously our first half of the season wasn’t great, to be honest, it was ****** horrible. Hopefully we can take our finish into next year and challenge for a Europa League place.

View attachment 204406MOTHERWELL – After showing such potential last year they fell in a heap. They’re going to need to reconstruct a very poor defence going into next season.

View attachment 204405RANGERS – They were atrocious in the league but made the Knockout Rounds of the Europa League losing to Sporting Lisbon who actually went on to win it. Hibs where the only team with a worse goal scoring record.

View attachment 204403HAMILTON3/10 accies have been the 10th​ worst team in the league for years. They’re relegation is inevitable in the future years.

View attachment 204402PARTICK THISTLE – 1/10 it was a poor year for the jags. They were horrible especially late in the year and with a squad like theirs they shouldn’t have gotten relegated.

View attachment 204404HIBERNIAN – 1/10 they were just too weak to stand a chance and couldn’t sign a proven goal scorer for the Premiership which was inevitably their downfall as they had the worse goal record.

TOP GOALSCORER

View attachment 204428
For the first time in four season we see a new top goal scorer after Jason Cummings was barely played by Dundee. Moses Blackwell a Chelsea loanee at Aberdeen scored 24 goals in 37 appearance and was an integral part of Th3 King’s system that saw the Dons survive relegation and push up the table quite convincingly.

FOOTBALL WRITER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 204427
Italian winger, Matteo Politano, who moved from Roma two season ago was outstanding for Celtic this year recording 10 goals, 11 assists and a 7.35 average rating in 34 starts. Surprisingly though his output last year was much better. Hats off to him though for backing up two years in a row at the Parkhead club.

SCOTTISH PLAYER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 204425
Martin Kucera was undoubtable the best player in the league this season finishing 2nd​ in the goal scoring tally and leading the league in assists. He was Dundee’s main attacking outlet that was the best in the league, it’ll be a priority for them to keep his services in the summer.

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 197488
Toby Macneil a product of the Celtic Youth Acedamy spent the year on loan at St Mirren. He was oustanding for the Buddies playing 25 times and recording 3 goals and 10 assists with an average rating of 7.06. He has undeniable talent and with this strong showing could be given a chance in the Celtic first team next season.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

View attachment 204426
We only have one player represented in the Team of the Season. I don’t really understand how Dundee don’t have more players and how Maitland-Niles makes the team with a 6.98 average rating?!

CONTINENTAL STANDINGS

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 204432
EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 204431
LEAGUE RANKING

View attachment 204430
We jump the Eredivisie into 10th​ with next on the list Russia who we are only just below.

NATIONAL CLUB COEFFICIENT

View attachment 204429
We move up to 9th​ in the Coefficient with next on the list Turkey and Ukraine to leapfrog.

Last edited:
Just read all of this in one go, absolutely fantastic. Layout is superb too. Keep up the good work. :)

Just read it all as well great work with Dundee and doing well with Aberdeen so far, you have a great eye for bargains

Great story man! Could you pls tell me how you create all those banners and images, pls.

think you won't do worse than 3rd place if it all goes very wrong, you're too good at this! Your layout is even better though :)

Can you post a screenshot of Borja Mayoral please? I'm kinda curious to see how much he developed in your save and if he really is worth 30 million £.

You've done a more than impressive work at Dundee (work that your replacement will throw away in a flash... as seen with the sales of Dundee's two stats for what I consider pocket money for players of such caliber), and definitely you had a nice start with the Dons... Saving them and getting pretty close to European football.

At this rate Scottish league's reputation will skyrocket in no time flat.

.P.S.: Are there any plans regarding the Tartan Army? Or the resurrection only applies to the Scottish clubs?

Just read all of this in one go, absolutely fantastic. Layout is superb too. Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks for the nice words mate! I do pride myself on the layout ahah

Just read it all as well great work with Dundee and doing well with Aberdeen so far, you have a great eye for bargains

I've always loved to find the diamonds in the rough as people say, and it's a very easy way of building up clubs finances when you buy small and sell big.

Great story man! Could you pls tell me how you create all those banners and images, pls.

I use Photoshop mate!

think you won't do worse than 3rd place if it all goes very wrong, you're too good at this! Your layout is even better though :)

Thanks mate, I think 3rd or 4th is what I'll be aiming for, but if we can stay on par with Celtic come the end of the season anything is possible!

Can you post a screenshot of Borja Mayoral please? I'm kinda curious to see how much he developed in your save and if he really is worth 30 million £.

You've done a more than impressive work at Dundee (work that your replacement will throw away in a flash... as seen with the sales of Dundee's two stats for what I consider pocket money for players of such caliber), and definitely you had a nice start with the Dons... Saving them and getting pretty close to European football.

At this rate Scottish league's reputation will skyrocket in no time flat.

.P.S.: Are there any plans regarding the Tartan Army? Or the resurrection only applies to the Scottish clubs?

There's a screenshot of his stats in a spoiler at the bottom of that section mate!

I couldn't believe it when they'd sold both Carrasco and Emeterio for such low fees and then went and spend 30mil on a Mayoral, but hopefully that's the last we've seen of outgoings at Dundee.

I actually have been thinking about the Scottish National team job, but for now I think I'll just concentrate on building teams up and hopefully the more the clubs improve, the more the Scottish talent will too!

There's a screenshot of his stats in a spoiler at the bottom of that section mate!

Whoops! I don't know how could I miss that one...^^U
The kid looks decent enough, he's not Morata nor Alcácer but his stats are good for a kid his age.
However I wouldn't have paid such an amount for him though, 10-12 millions for a player like him tops seems like an accurate guesstimate to me.

Nice take on the national team the one you have. The more developed the league is and the more successful the teams become, the better the facilities they'll become and the better youth they'll produce.
Besides taking on the national army sounds like a nice finale to this challenge: after taking the league as far as you can all is left to do with Scotland is try to get the Tartan Army to leave its name carved in world history (and if you can end up higher than the Pross in the World Ranking the better).

I'll be keeping an eye on this one ^^

Whoops! I don't know how could I miss that one...^^U
The kid looks decent enough, he's not Morata nor Alcácer but his stats are good for a kid his age.
However I wouldn't have paid such an amount for him though, 10-12 millions for a player like him tops seems like an accurate guesstimate to me.

Nice take on the national team the one you have. The more developed the league is and the more successful the teams become, the better the facilities they'll become and the better youth they'll produce.
Besides taking on the national army sounds like a nice finale to this challenge: after taking the league as far as you can all is left to do with Scotland is try to get the Tartan Army to leave its name carved in world history (and if you can end up higher than the Pross in the World Ranking the better).

I'll be keeping an eye on this one ^^

Complete agreed they overpaid massively on him!

That's actually a great idea, taking on the Scottish National team job to win the world cup!

Thanks mate, hopefully you'll continue to enjoy.

View attachment 203650
SEASON 6: PRESEASON

View attachment 203649
LEAGUE NEWS

Dundee sell one of the best prospects at the club to Real Madrid.

Decent start for us in the league.

Celtic still can’t make the Champions’ League Group Stages.

Dundee draw group with Bayer Leverkusen, Dynamo Kiev and Sporting Lisbon.

KIT LAUNCH

View attachment 201420

Fairly simple designs to begin my first full season at the club. The kit sponsor, Saltire Energy, have told the club that it will be their final year of sponsoring the team, while Adidas will also let their contract expire with the club, meaning we'll have a fresh new look for next year.

PRESEASON TARGETS

SPL: Europa League place.
SCOTTISH CUP: Make a final of a cup competition.
SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP: Make a final of a cup competition.
EUROPE: N/A

TRANSFERS

View attachment 203648
We lose Jamie Allen who was a very important player in our late surge up the table last year but for that kind of money I couldn’t refuse and he was sent on his way to Reading. We also say goodbye to long time servant Mark Reynolds after 8 season at the Dons.

LOANS

We have loaned in three starting calibre players and two backup/cover players for the upcoming season. We were given a transfer budget of £3.3mil but only a £60k/week wage budget. Loaning players wasn’t ideal but I feel like some of them were smart business.

ARNOR INGVI TRAUSTASON

View attachment 203647
The 27 year-old Icelandic Attacking midfielder was a target for me early on at Dundee. He moved to Derby and hasn’t been given a chance, so hopefully he can step up and be an influential player for us this season.
CRAIG BARCLAY

View attachment 203640
A wonderkid I brought in late on at Dundee, has joined me again. I really feel like this kid has that special something but if he continues at Dundee he may not reach the potential I believe he has. It’ll be great to see this kid grow while he’s here.

NOE RAMIREZ

View attachment 203639
We were able to secure an affiliation with Atletico Madrid this offseason and with that we sign Noe Ramirez on a season long loan. He’s 23 so he’s still got time to grow and maybe if he can continue to impress he could join permanently.

SIGNINGS

RYAN HARDIE

View attachment 203634
With Moses Blackwell returning to Chelsea I needed a proven goal scorer and although he may not be ‘proven’ at this level, Hardie has shown he has the ability to score goals. Hopefully he can deliver although I won’t be expecting a Moses-like year.
DAMIR KIRSNER

View attachment 203638
A Serbian U/21’s International comes in to play as our Ball-winning midfielder this years. With 16 tackling, a high ethic and undoubted potential I’m sure this kid can be a mainstay in the first team for many years to come.

BARRY DONALDSON

View attachment 203637
A Scottish Talent who I believe could be another special player. He’s still very raw but has the key attributes already there to be a first team player here at Aberdeen.

MATTHEW MORROW

View attachment 203636
Bought from Portadown for £100,000 he’s another very talented but raw prospect. We have to take chances especially on younger players, so it was an obvious choice at such a minimal fee.

KOFI ANTWI

View attachment 203635
The Ghanian was unable to secure a work permit but I felt like he was worth to punt. He’ll be playing regularly for PEC Zwolle in the Netherlands where hopefully he can continue to improve and most importantly obtain a work permit.

EVGENIY PANTELEEV

View attachment 203632
Another free transfer who wasn’t able to acquire a work permit but he’s a player who has undeniable potential. He’s a serious player and with a year at Lierse in Belgium, I’m confident he’ll comeback in the summer much improved.

HICHEM BOUKADIDA

View attachment 203631
Now this transfer was a surprising one. Throughout the whole of preseason Boukadida had be reluctant to talk to us but after a couple of week without a team he decided that Aberdeen was the team for him and he was signed up soon after. A player who was being linked with Porto and Anderlecht, he clearly has a talent.

ROSS BLACK

View attachment 203630
Another Scottish Talent joins the club for pennies. He’s got some nice stats but another of these players that’s a couple of years away from the first team. I’ll probably look to play him as a sub or in cup matches to push on his development.

RESULTS

View attachment 203646
Decent start to league with our losses very unlucky. We went down to 10 men after missing a penalty at 2-2 against Hamilton and had the better of the game against Dundee with the score not showing what the game was really like.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 203645
We’ll be aiming for a Europa League place without a doubt, so as long as we continue like this I’ll be a happy man.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 203644

STEVEN JOHNSTON

Steven Johnston has been the most surprising player at the beginning of the year. He’s been able to hold down a first team place, keep our new signing, Ryan Hardie, out of the side. He’s scored 6 goals in 4 games to start the season which is a wonderful effort for the 20 year-old.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 203643
The European Championships have been and gone, with Portugal going all the way and beating France 1-0 in the final.

Last edited:
Back