View attachment 199527
SEASON 7: REVIEW

View attachment 199525
Another season ticks over and it's time to look back on who excelled, who surprised and who failed in the 2021/22 season. After 228 matches and countless transfers over 9 months, let's see who ran and who stumbled to the finish line.

PRESEASON TARGETS

SPL: Champions League Place.
Scottish Cup: Win a Cup Competition.
Scottish League Cup: Win a Cup Competition.
Europe: Europa League Knockout Round.

We comfortably outdid our targets winning the league, the League Cup and the Europa League. Next year will be even more important as we will be competing in the Champions League.

SCOTTISH CUP
View attachment 199524
Motherwell win their first piece of silverware since they last one the Scottish Cup in 1991. They were outstanding in this competition beating Aberdeen and Dundee United along the way to the final where they dominated Celtic.

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP
View attachment 199523
Aberdeen were in fine form in the league cup securing the competition win with convincing victory over Hearts. Whilst on their way to the final they beat formidable opposition in Motherwell and Dundee respectively.

CHAMPIONS
View attachment 199523
Th3 King again sits at the top of the league winning his first SPL Title with Aberdeen since moving from Dundee in 2019. New signing, Clement Hlalele and Michael Novikov, were key performers for the Dons.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 199516
Celtic will again be competing in the Champions League after finishing second in the Scottish Premier League. They were almost able to pull the title from the jaws of Aberdeen on the final day but a brace from the Don’s Miguel Martinez kept them from winning a second title in two years.

EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 199515View attachment 199524View attachment 199514
Three Scottish team will again be competing in the Europa League, that was won by Aberdeen who beating Roma 2-1. Dundee will be the only team that will be guaranteed a group stage position after finishing 3rd​. The other clubs that will feature in the qualifying rounds are Motherwell and Hearts.

RELEGATED
View attachment 199491View attachment 199490
Both sides that made the jump from the Championship will again drop down to the second division of Scottish Football. Hibernian struggled all year and sat at the foot of the table from Game Day 24 all the way to the final day. Queen of the South on the other hand were much more competitive and were only relegated on the final day of the season after losing 1-0 to Inverness.

PROMOTION
View attachment 199489View attachment 199488
Ross County will again feature in the SPL next year after finish top of the Championship and securing promotion automatically. The other club making the jump will be Dunfermline who beat Queen of the South on penalties in the Relegation Playoff.

FULL TABLE

View attachment 199487
The league continues to become tougher and stronger with this season coming down to the final days play. Celtic and Aberdeen were to face off in the league defying match with only a win between Celtic and their second league title in a row. It was not to be and Aberdeen win the league after many years of mediocrity.

SPL REVIEW

View attachment 199513
View attachment 199502ABERDEEN – 10/10 we won the ****** League and the Europa League what more could you ask for? Our biggest priority this summer is to try and keep our main players.

View attachment 199503CELTIC – 7/10 They couldn’t back it up after finally winning their 47th​ League title. They also only took one point in their group, they’ll really need to improve next year.

View attachment 199504DUNDEE – 6/10 Raphael Van der Vaart is tearing down the walls I built at Dundee. They just can’t seem to sign anyone that can break into the first team and then sell them on for a cut price sale.

View attachment 197495HEARTS - 7/10 another decent 4th place finish for the Jambos. It's hard to see them improving anymore than this as they can't break into the later stages of the European Competitions.

View attachment 199505MOTHERWELL – 6/10 I felt like if a club is going to spend £20mil in the SPL you should be at least making the top 3. They were probably our bogey side his year but they still can’t seem to beat the mediocrity of the league.

View attachment 199506DUNDEE UTD– 6/10 after dropping all the way down to 10th​ last year, they were able to improve and finish 6th​. I think last year’s finish was a blip and they should continue to improve over the coming years.

View attachment 199507INVERNESS – 5/10 another year, another mid table finish. With a few sides like Motherwell and Hearts starting to split off from the pack of mediocrity, Inverness are starting to find it harder and harder to break into the European places like they were earlier.

View attachment 199508HAMILTON – 4/10 still a very mediocre team but with some younger players coming through they are starting to improve. Again they relied heavily on an Aberdeen product, Scott Wright.

View attachment 199509RANGERS – 2/10 the real let down of the competition this year, they sacked two manager with in four months and we nowhere near the European places, improvements are necessary.

View attachment 199510ST MIRREN – 3/10 I really thought St Mirren could improve and even break into the top 6 this year, sadly they couldn’t and with a few player’s contracts expiring they may struggle to fight off relegation.

View attachment 199511QUEEN OF STH – 2/10 I really expected them to survive the drop here. They had kept out of the relegation zone for the whole year and even sat 9th​ with only a couple of round left.

View attachment 199512HIBERNIAN – 1/10 nothing more than a team who came up expecting big things but couldn’t crack it at this level.

TOP GOALSCORER

View attachment 199501
It was Aberdeen’s South African International, Clement Hlalele, who won the 2021/22 Golden Boot scoring 26 goals in 31 appearences, beating Dundee’s Borja Mayoral (25) and Hearts’ Alexander Thomasson. It was a great debut year for Hlalele and was easily the most dangerous attacker in the league.

FOOTBALL WRITERS’ PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 199498
Celtic’s Portugese Attacking Midfielder, Miguel Rosa, was Football Writers’ Player of the Year scoring 15 goals and providing 12 assists in 32 matches. He was without doubt the Parkhead club’s most attacking threat and was well deserved of the award.

SCOTTISH PLAYER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 199499
Aberdeen’s Fares Bahlouli has been voted best in the league by his peers, with 17 goals and 10 assists in 31 appearances. His teamwork and work ethic is unparalleled and has been rewarded with Player's Player of the Year.

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 199500
The Northern Irish midfielder's form at the Dons continues, picking up YPOTY after an impressive campaign in which he contributed 8 assists in 24 games. Morrow, 19, will now look to break into the leagues class players after two great seasons since moving from Portadown.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

View attachment 199497Aberdeen hold 6 places in the team of the season with everyone one of their players deserved of a position. Two players from Celtic and Motherwell and a single player from Dundee rounded out the side.

CONTINENTAL STANDINGS

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 199496
EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 199494
LEAGUE RANKING

View attachment 199484
No changed in the League Ranking for Scotland. With us now in the Champions League hopefully I can continue to rise that has been halted for the last couple of seasons.

CLUB COEFFICIENT

View attachment 199483
Scotland still sit in ninth position below Turkey and Ukraine but if Turkey clubs struggle and we improve our performances in Europe I can see us jumping into eighth next season.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 199485
A massive jump for us in the European club rankings, we now sit 58th. We are closing in on Celtic and Dundee who sit 48th and 32nd respectively.​

Last edited:
How many more years at Aberdeen mate? I know I shouldn't be but I'm already looking forward to where you go next!

How many more years at Aberdeen mate? I know I shouldn't be but I'm already looking forward to where you go next!

I honestly think I've still got a long road ahead. We were very lucky in the Europa League I think, and the club financially still isn't in a great standing.

I'm looking at maybe 2-3 more seasons here at the Dons unless some massive transfers come in for my players that can quickly improve the money within the club!

I'm not sure if I've ever posted here before, though I have been a member for years. :p

Awesome story mate!

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to following it further.

I'm not sure if I've ever posted here before, though I have been a member for years. :p

Awesome story mate!

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to following it further.

Thanks Dave, it's been one of my most enjoyable saves in years!

well i think you got scotland beat ...and yeah 2-3 more seasons try and win the champions league..then maybe move on

well i think you got scotland beat ...and yeah 2-3 more seasons try and win the champions league..then maybe move on

I think that's probably the best idea! I feel like I need to build the club much more than I did with Dundee just from what I've seen from how they've completely destroyed what I built there in such a short period of time.

I think that's probably the best idea! I feel like I need to build the club much more than I did with Dundee just from what I've seen from how they've completely destroyed what I built there in such a short period of time.

thats always the case...i had an arsenal save on fm15 where i won the champions league 5 times,fa cup ad league cup 6 times...i even won in one season the league, fa cup,league cup,champions league,club world championship,charity shield,european supercup in one season and now they are mid table....

View attachment 198827
SEASON 8: PRESEASON

View attachment 198805
LEAGUE NEWS

Robbie Neilson is appointed Norwich manager, Celtic appoint the reputable Sergiy Rebrov who spent six years at Dynamo Kyiv, winning three league titles, three Ukrainian Cups and two Ukrainian Super Cups.

Dundee sell many of the youngsters I brought into the club for pennies.

Slaven Bilic take Scotland job, Henk Fraser appointed manager of Hearts.

Celtic loose to Sporting in Champions League Playoff but makes the group stages of the Europa League along with Dundee.

KIT LAUNCH

View attachment 198785
I’ve decided to change it up this year going with the gold and red rather than the regular white. I think they’re really nice and with the return of Champions League football at Aberdeen, I decided that a third kit was necessary.

The colours of white and gold on the away kit do clash a bit, making the Aberdeen logo extremely hard to see, but you can’t get them right every year I guess!

TRANSFERS

View attachment 198786
Two significant outgoing leave the club. Those two players were last year’s top goalscorer, Clement Hlalele and an integral part to our Europa League win, Hichem Boukadida.

Boukadida was very impressive while he was here in Aberdeen but with his release clause set at only £6.25mil his departure was inevitable. I tried numerous times to get him to sign a new deal but he had his sights set on pastures greener, with those pastures in Turin.

The biggest transfer was obviously the massive £29mil sale of Clement Hlalele. There were many inquiries sent in my clubs on the availability of the striker but it was until transfer deadline day that a deal become lucrative enough for us. It’s a massive fee for any player let alone a 20 year-old who has played one outstanding season for a team in the SPL.

Let’s take a look at the players that I’ve brought in.

View attachment 198787
Signing Alvaro Antonio is a massive coup for the club after he was not given a new contract at Bayern Munich. Signing Alvaro was a main priority as Hichem Boukadida was clearly on his way out of the club. At only 20 and many years of improvement left, I can see him bringing in massive amount of money for us in the future.

View attachment 198789
After an outstanding year on loan here at Aberdeen and his contract expiring at Manchest United, Timothy Fosu-Mensah was brought in on a permanent basis. He was arguably the best defender in the league last year and to bring him in for nothing and on a fairly small wage is really a miracle.

View attachment 198790
Probably our biggest transfer of the Window was Jamaican International, Denzil Scarlett. The kid could be world class in 1-2 years and could bring in a serious amount of money. We were able to sign him ahead of the like of Galatasaray, Fenebahce and even Dortmund, which just shows what Champions League football can do for your pulling power as a club.

View attachment 198791
So far easily the biggest risk as far as transfers go was buying Soufiane Benali, a 16 year-old Belgium Goalkeeper. Now it can’t be argued that this kid has serious talent but his price of £7.75mil is quite a large sum especially someone who still can’t even drive. On the other hand, goalkeepers currently are hard to find and if found normally cost more than double Benali, so I bit the bullet and signed the youngster. I just hope he doesn’t flop.

View attachment 198792
Two youngster strikers join the club as we start to bulk up the under 20’s squad. Scott Hall has already played 5 times for Australia at the tender age of 18 year-old and could become a serious goal scorer in the future. Zarko Hadzi is a Serbian youngster who also has some serious potential. He’s probably not as developed at Hall and is still relatively raw but with a couple of years in the reserves I’m sure he’ll start to grow as a player.

View attachment 198794
Another youngsters comes in to bolster our reserves. Sebastian Krautz, is a wingback with some really nice key stats and undoubted potential. As Graeme Shinnie has left the club we are lacking a backup left wingback so I’m sure Krautz will receive more than enough first team football for a 16 year-old.

View attachment 198797
A player I’ve been keeping my eye on for years now, Andrew Hufstader, is an American International signed from New York City FC for £5.25mil. His playmaking stats are incredible and I can’t wait to see him in action. The American is also just 20 years-old so he’s definitely not a finish article.

RESULTS

View attachment 198776
​We were just outplayed by a seriously good team, plain and simple.

View attachment 198798Can’t really complain with the start to the season we’ve had. The draw obviously isn’t magnificent especially as it was against Hamilton, but we have had quite a shakeup in the squad with some significant changes in personnel. We did dominate the match against Hamilton but just couldn’t finish our chances.

View attachment 198800
We have been draw an incredibly difficult group in the Champions League that includes the Bundesliga Giants, Bayern Munich, Seria A’s second placed team last year, Napoli, and the English Premier League Champions, Liverpool. We’ll have our work cut out to even make the Europa League Knockout Rounds in third.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 198799
It’s still very early in the season so I wouldn’t expect a massive gap, but there’s already a massive drop between 8th​ and 7th​. Dunfermline the newly promoted side are still without a point and Rangers are again struggling.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 198801

ALVARO ANTONIO

The new signing from Bayern Munich has been incredible for us so far this season. He started the year in stately form winning the Man of the Match in three of our first five matches averaging an incredible 7.94. I really can’t wait to see this kid improve as he is already a class player.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 198803
I decided to have a shakeup in the backroom as well bringing in some massive names. Thomas Vermaelen, Yaya Toure, Wesley Sneijder and Cesc Fabregas are just some of the names.

View attachment 198802
Although still in its early stages, we may have a takeover on our hands very soon.

AROUND THE LEAGUE

View attachment 198804
Dundee basically sell half their first team for half the price they bought them for. Raphael Van der Vaart is tearing down the club.

Celtic also sell significant players in their run to second place and for half the price

Last edited:
View attachment 197940
SEASON 8: MIDSEASON

View attachment 197939
LEAGUE NEWS

Celtic and Dundee both top their Europa League Groups but have been drawn to go head-to-head in the 2nd​ Knockout Round.

After a summer of transfers out, Dundee still look strong enough to challenge for the title.

Inverness sack Cha ***-Keun and appoint Paul Lambert after his unsuccessful stint at Rangers.

Motherwell and Ross County also sack their managers Callum Davidson and Neil McFarlane.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 197938
The club has finally been taken over, and by some rich bastards too! They gave me a fairly lump sum of cash, although I didn’t really think January was the right time to spend it.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 197931
David Anderson was a very high potential left wingback from Scotland and with a lack of home-grown players he was a much needed signing. He’ll begin his Aberdeen career in the U20s but with us still in both cups and Champions League, I’m sure he will be called upon for first team minutes.

View attachment 197932
Craig Barclay was a player I brought in at Dundee but after a couple of years out on loan (one of those years at Aberdeen) he is reunited with me. He’s arguably Scotland most talented youngster and I felt like I needed to get him away from Dundee and into an environment where he would at least be getting some first team football.

View attachment 197930
With a lack of depth on the wings especially younger depth, Dawid Kwiatkowski, was a perfect signing from Lech for £3.4mil. We may have overpaid a touch but with some quality stats already at the tender age of 17, I’m sure he will develop into a successful player here at Aberdeen.

View attachment 197929
We need some first team quality depth on the wings and through midfield and £5mil for Jorge Girard was a no brainer. After showing promise at Stade Malherbe Caen in France he joined Arsenal and in three and a half years did not make a single league appearance at the club. I just hope we can make a bit of money of the guy as he only cost us a minimal fee for a player of his talent.

RESULTS

View attachment 197933
What more can we really ask for one lost in about five months of domestic football. Obviously the lost wasn’t to a side challenging at the top of the table which on one hand was disappointing but on the other I think it really refocused the boys.

View attachment 197935
Obviously with four very competitive teams in the group it felt like anyone could beat anyone on their day and that was basically how the group unfolded. We were lucky enough to top the group only helped by a draw in the final group against Bayern, who really did deserve the three points.

We will be playing Chelsea in the First Knockout Round..

View attachment 197934

SPL TABLE

View attachment 197937
We and Dundee have really pulled away from the pack, so it’ll be a two horse race come the end of the season. I just can’t see Celtic with such a weak squad this year making ground on either of us.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 197936

PABLO BALEANI

Our wingbacks this year have been superb. Pablo has averaged an outstanding 7.59, contributing with 4 goals and 4 assists from the right hand side. He’s yet to make his International Debut for Argentina but there have been many games played under the watchful eye of La Albiceleste manger, Diego Simeone.

View attachment 197621
SEASON 8: THE RUN IN

View attachment 197620
LEAGUE NEWS

Brendan Rodgers hired as new Motherwell manager, bringing in his so called ‘philosophy’ to the Scottish Game.

Chelsea are too much for us in Europe.

Celtic make the Europa League Semi-Final only to be beaten by eventual winners, Liverpool.

Hamilton become unlikely top 4 contenders.

RESULTS

View attachment 197612
There were probably a few to many losses in this period especially against teams that I’d expect us to get all three points against. We were sadly knockout out of the League Cup by Hearts but it’s not a massive disappointment as it’s used to get the youngsters a bit of playing time.

View attachment 197613
Convincing win against a Hearts side who were still getting over a poor SPL season.

View attachment 197614
Unfortunately the draw for us was luckless and we were paired up against a world class outfit in Chelsea. We were competitive throughout both legs but they were just the better side over the two matches and we were sent packing.

ABERDEEN STATS

View attachment 197616
Our defence was outstanding this year with all four averaging over a 7.20 rating. Alvaro Antonio was a part of this defence that conceded only 22 goals in the SPL this season and was deserved of the Fan’s Player of the Season, Signing of the Season and Young Player of the Season.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 197619
We win the league for the 2nd​ season in a row, although more convincingly than the final day title defying match against Celtic. The most surprising team of the season was Hamilton who finished in an outstanding 4th​ place.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 197617

DENZIL SCARLETT

A player who was brought in on a free at the beginning of the season with more 50 caps for his country and a massive reputation. He has shown late in the season that he is arguably the more influential player in the league averaging a 7.65 in the league.

Congrats on the 2nd league win! Here's hoping you can go even further in Europe next season!

View attachment 197487
SEASON 8: REVIEW

View attachment 197453
SCOTTISH CUP
View attachment 197461
Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup showing their domestic dominance beating Hearts 2-0. The final was a no contest as Hearts were utterly outplayed only conjuring up a measly two shots on goal in the full ninety minutes.

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP
View attachment 197462
Hearts made the final of both domestic cups but were successful in winning the Scottish League Cup beating Celtic 2-1 in a wonderful match for all viewers. They were able to beat the likes of St Mirren, Aberdeen on their way to the final.

CHAMPIONS
View attachment 197461
Aberdeen win their second league title in a row, recording 27 wins, 7 draws and 4 losses. It was a special year for the Dons after many years of mediocrity, their new signings Alvaro Antonio and Denzil Scarlett were key cogs in their defence of the title.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 197460
After a less than satisfactory season Dundee were able to secure a place in the Champions League beating out Celtic for second place in the SPL.

EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 197458View attachment 197456View attachment 197455
Celtic and Motherwell will again be competing in European Competition, with most surprising representative being Hamilton Academicals who had outstanding season but the question on all Scottish fans lips are, can they do it again?

RELEGATED
View attachment 197463View attachment 197459
Dunfermline and Ross County will be going straight back down to the Championship after woeful years. Dunfermilne were only able to tally 11 points all season and shipped for than 110 goals. Ross County were still a long way off finishing 12 points behind Dundee in 10th​.

PROMOTED
View attachment 197464View attachment 197457
Queen of the South and Hibernian come straight back up, it’s starting to become a bit predictable with no other sides in the Championship putting up a fight.

FULL TABLE

View attachment 197465

SPL REVIEW

View attachment 197486
View attachment 197477ABERDEEN – 9/10 not a bad season for us, but we were unable to get further in Europe as I’d wish we could.

View attachment 197475DUNDEE – 7/10 finished 2nd​ but couldn’t even beat Real Betis in the Europa League, how do they stand a chance in the Champions League next season?

View attachment 197476CELTIC – 8/10 they finished the season in 3rd​ which is satisfactory but they were able to make it all the way to the Europa League Semi-Final losing to Liverpool who went on to win the competition.

View attachment 197473HAMILTON – 8/10 an outstanding year for the Accies securing 4th​ place, their highest placed finish since 1934/35. Could be a year of failure next year though with them competing on a European front as well.

View attachment 197471MOTHERWELL – 5/10 they are seriously wasting all their money bringing in some good players but not producing on the park. Maybe they just need to right manager to make all their fans dreams a reality?

View attachment 197472ST MIRREN – 6/10 top 6 finish this season after a poor year last year shows that Ian Murray and his squad had an off year. They’ve got some potential Scottish superstar that hopefully with a few more seasons of development can push them up the league. As long as they keep them at St Mirren Park that is.

View attachment 197469INVERNESS – 4/10 another mediocre season, they seem to be pretty happy finishing midtable every year. They are spending money though, which is a positive. Let’s just hope it’s on some talent.

View attachment 197474HEARTS – 3/10 a really poor year for a club who were competing at European places on a season ago. They did bring in no less than sixteen new signings last year, so maybe it was just a season of transition.

View attachment 197468RANGERS – 2/10 they seem to think that a manager should be able to come in and automatically bring the club success. It’s not that simple, especially for a club who have finished 9th​ and 8th​ for the past 4 years.

View attachment 197470DUNDEE UTD – 3/10 there league positions seems to really fluctuation bouncing for 10th​ to 6th​ for the past few seasons. They relied heavily on Bordeaux loanees, which isn’t great for them or the league.

View attachment 197467ROSS COUNTY – 2/10 another drop back down to the second division, they just aren’t good enough, simple as that.

View attachment 197466DUNFERMLINE – 1/10 nothing more than a team who came up expecting big things but couldn’t crack it at this level.

TOP GOALSCORER

View attachment 197478
After a stellar first season in the Dundee first team, Deni Plantic was crowned 2022/23 Golden Boot winner. He was able to beat out a late season surge from Hamilton’s Dominic Samuels (24 goals) and Celtic’s Diogo Jota (23) to top off a successful season at Dundee. His 24 goals have certainly justified his spot in the first team after a few years of being loaned out.

FOOTBALL WRITERS’ PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 197478
After an amazing season, Deni Plantic was also award the Football Writers’ Player of the Year. If his goal tally wasn’t enough, his 6 assists, 6 player of the matches and 7.47 average rating surely shows just how influential the Croatian striker was to the Dees.

SCOTTISH PLAYER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 197479
Dundee’s Vice Captain Ashley Maitland-Niles has been voted best in the league by his peers, with 7 goals and 13 assists in 28 appearances. His creativity on the ball and determined personality was unparalleled and was undeniably deserved of the player’s player of the year.

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 197480
Alvario Antonio was arguably the best player in the league averaging a league best 7.87 match rating. He was a key figure in Th3 Kings first team, and in some people’s views robbed of the Player of the Year award.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

View attachment 197481
Five players from Aberdeen feature, all of them deserved of their position. Players from other teams on the other hand were gifted spots, because they definitely weren’t better than any of my players.

CONTINENTAL STANDINGS

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 197485
EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 197484
LEAGUE RANKING

View attachment 197483
We retain out 9th​ place. I feel like another decent year in Europe and we could leap frog the Turkish first division.

CLUB COEFFICIENT

View attachment 197482
The same as the League Ranking, we are knocking on the door of 8th​ place. We need to see more Scottish team performing in Europe!

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 197454
We sit 44th​ jumping 14 places over the year. Dundee drop one spot to 33rd​ and Celtic push up to 39th​. The next best are Hearts and Rangers who are 121st​ and 122nd​ respectively.

Congratulations on the story! Really! It's amazing!

I'm fan of Scottish Football as well, so it's good see someone trying to make it fantastic again!

Do you have twitter or something, so I can talk to you about some doubts that I have?

Great story

Interested to know how you seem to snap up the best young players on the game every year?

Do you have the best scouting system on the planet? Or is In Game Editor enabled to see all players and Hidden Attributes??

Congratulations on the story! Really! It's amazing!

I'm fan of Scottish Football as well, so it's good see someone trying to make it fantastic again!

Do you have twitter or something, so I can talk to you about some doubts that I have?

Thanks mate, but I don't have twitter, you could just private message me on here if you'd like!

Great story

Interested to know how you seem to snap up the best young players on the game every year?

Do you have the best scouting system on the planet? Or is In Game Editor enabled to see all players and Hidden Attributes??

I'd like to think my Scouting System are of high quality but I can't take all the accolades. I play my saves without Attribute masking which people could say makes it easy, but I've never really enjoyed playing FM waiting months for players to be scouted.

I also take many hours, and I'm talking heaps of hours to scout teams and look through teams individually. It can get quite long but If you're looking to get the best youngsters it's something you've got to do. It's probably why it does take a couple of days to write up my preseason updates!

I'd also like to say these players are not the best young players on the game every year. I play on quite a big database so their so many youngsters full of potential out there. I'm only able to get youngsters from clubs that are of a lower reputation than mine. I would never be able to get a youngster who has gone through the Ajax or PSV academy to come to Aberdeen. I'm kind of getting the best I can from what I have.

Thanks for the questions!

I'd like to think my Scouting System are of high quality but I can't take all the accolades. I play my saves without Attribute masking which people could say makes it easy, but I've never really enjoyed playing FM waiting months for players to be scouted.

I also take many hours, and I'm talking heaps of hours to scout teams and look through teams individually. It can get quite long but If you're looking to get the best youngsters it's something you've got to do. It's probably why it does take a couple of days to write up my preseason updates!

I'd also like to say these players are not the best young players on the game every year. I play on quite a big database so their so many youngsters full of potential out there. I'm only able to get youngsters from clubs that are of a lower reputation than mine. I would never be able to get a youngster who has gone through the Ajax or PSV academy to come to Aberdeen. I'm kind of getting the best I can from what I have.

Thanks for the questions!

Still loving this mate, absolutely great stuff. Would be amazing to see this run throughout FM16 if you can keep the motivation for the save.

I've started a save with Horsens in the Danish first tier (won the Danish cup and promoted first season, maybe champions, not finished yet) and I'm tempted to do something similar in Denmark. The only issue is I tend to get too attached to one club and my interest in saves normally drop once I move clubs so I may end up just playing 20 years there.

As for the attribute masking, I accidentally had the attribute masking off for my Union Berlin save and enjoyed it much more that way. Forgot to turn it off before starting this save though!

Still loving this mate, absolutely great stuff. Would be amazing to see this run throughout FM16 if you can keep the motivation for the save.

I've started a save with Horsens in the Danish first tier (won the Danish cup and promoted first season, maybe champions, not finished yet) and I'm tempted to do something similar in Denmark. The only issue is I tend to get too attached to one club and my interest in saves normally drop once I move clubs so I may end up just playing 20 years there.

As for the attribute masking, I accidentally had the attribute masking off for my Union Berlin save and enjoyed it much more that way. Forgot to turn it off before starting this save though!

Thanks for kind comments man! I really hope that I can keep the story going, obviously I'm going to have peaks and troughs with my motivations for the save, so sometimes the updates may become infrequent but I really want to push the 30-40 season mark or at least until the SPL are in to top 5 European Leagues in the world.

The Danish Leagues are really interesting and it was definitely a league I looked at doing this story with. I do agree that I had trouble letting go of my Dundee side and especially now seeing the club I built get teared down in such a short period of time! Maybe you could try it but save the file before you leave your club and if you don't enjoy it then go back.

Your Union Berlin story was an amazing journey and one that I read from front to back at least a couple of times! I never commented but I really did enjoy it!

I can understand if people think I'm making the game easier, because I do agree! But you only play the game for your enjoyment!

Thanks for kind comments man! I really hope that I can keep the story going, obviously I'm going to have peaks and troughs with my motivations for the save, so sometimes the updates may become infrequent but I really want to push the 30-40 season mark or at least until the SPL are in to top 5 European Leagues in the world.

The Danish Leagues are really interesting and it was definitely a league I looked at doing this story with. I do agree that I had trouble letting go of my Dundee side and especially now seeing the club I built get teared down in such a short period of time! Maybe you could try it but save the file before you leave your club and if you don't enjoy it then go back.

Your Union Berlin story was an amazing journey and one that I read from front to back at least a couple of times! I never commented but I really did enjoy it!

I can understand if people think I'm making the game easier, because I do agree! But you only play the game for your enjoyment!

The challenge of improving a whole nation of football is always my favourite type of save in FM. In FM13 I had a long term save with Aberystwyth in Wales and then on FM14 I managed FC Inter Turku in Wales until about 2040. In fact, I even simmed an extra 30 seasons or so last year when I got bored just to see what would happen to the league. Just look at the size of the Inter Turku ground and how many people were watching Finnish football in 2070 XD

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...e-daniello-building-legacy-interturku2070.png

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...elle-daniello-building-legacy-finland2070.png

So it can be done with managing just the one team, but I think it's far more interesting the way you are doing it. Do you have an eye on any particular club you would like to take over next or is it just all eyes on the job in hand with Aberdeen for the time being?

Great story, keep it up!

What size database do you play with? How many players.