View attachment 203600
SEASON 6: AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

View attachment 203599
LEAGUE NEWS

Dundee sit top of the league, with us and Celtic closely trailing.

Dundee go winless in their first three games in Europe and sit bottom of the group.

Celtic sit 3rd​ in their group.

Hearts sit just above the relegation zone after a 3rd​ place finish.

RESULTS

View attachment 203598
After a poor but expected result against Celtic we go on a five match unbeaten run in the league as well as beating Hamilton Academical in the League Cup. We’ve just got to keep beating the teams around us and I think we can finish 3rd​ as both Dundee and Celtic are significantly stronger.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 203597
We sit in 3rd​ and are starting to pull away from Hamilton in 4th​. Surprisingly Hearts and Inverness sit in the lower half of table, but Hearts are having to contend on a European front as well.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 203596

RYAN FRASER

Ryan Fraser absolutely dominates from the left wing through August and September. He is easily our best player but sometimes does go missing through portions of games, but I guess that’s to be expected playing out wide.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 203595
The rebuilding of both our Training and Youth Facilities have just been started. The Training Facilities are currently at a good standard but the Youth Facilities are below average and need to be improved significantly.​

Last edited:
Mate, this is absolutely brilliant. What tactics do you use?

I use a 4-2-3-1 on standard and flexible.

Instructions: Higher Defensive Line, Play out of Defence, Pass into Space, Closed Down Much More and Be more Expressive.

I regularly change the player roles to suit the individual player but mainly stick with Inside Forward on either sides and a Complete Forward up top.

View attachment 202807
SEASON 6: MIDSEASON

View attachment 202408
LEAGUE NEWS

We fall off the pace massively going on a seven match run of no wins.

No Scottish teams make it past the group stages of either European Competition.

Paul Lambert sacked by Rangers after a poor start to the year.

***** Caballero named new Rangers manager. That makes two of my previous staff become managers.

I finally beat Dundee.

TRANSFERS

FARES BAHLOULI

View attachment 202806
We bring in French midfielder, Fares Bahlouli, who was a well-known wonderkid when he moved to AS Monaco in 2015. Since then he’s barely been given a go at the French giants and was recently let go after his contract ran out. At age 25, he may not have the potential he did when he was young but he’s still a very talented player for us and I can’t wait to see him impress and show the world he wasn’t just all hype.
MICHAEL LALAS

View attachment 202804
The 19 year-old American Centre-Half joins us on a free after his contract expired at LA Galaxy. This kid is arguably out best defender and will slot straight into our first team. The only massive problem he has is his jumping reach. He’s only 6’0 tall so he may struggle against Target men, but he’s a quality signing.

RESULTS

View attachment 202803
There was a massive drop in form through October and December which saw us drop points against a lot of teams that are close to us, but we were able to stop the rot and haven’t lost in eight league matches while beating Celtic and Dundee in the cups along the way.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 202802
We slip all the way down to fifth and out of a Europa League place. Only two points separate 3rd​ and 5th​ so I’m not overly worried. The biggest surprise is Celtic at the top of the league a massive twelve points ahead of Dundee. I can’t see them losing the league now, but it wouldn’t be the first time they **** it up.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 202801

MATTHEW MORROW

One of the more surprising performers this year, the Northern Irish youngster Matthew Morrow, has been on-form scoring 5 goals and providing 4 assist. The 18 year-old has taken his chance in the first team at Aberdeen after not appearing for Portadown in his three previous years at the club.

AROUND THE LEAGUES

View attachment 202800
We see most Scottish teams buying this January which is only a good sign but Motherwell lose their best player for quite a small fee for the quality of player.

AND DUNDEE LET SCOTTISH STAR, JOHN SOUTTAR, JOIN SWANSEA FOR FREE.

Last edited:
Really enjoying this mate and the idea of the save is fantastic. Keep up the good work. :D

View attachment 202420
SEASON 6: THE RUN IN

View attachment 202418
LEAGUE NEWS

Dundee can’t buy a win for about a month and therefore gives Celtic an easy run to the title.

We surprisingly make two cup finals, losing both.

Injury Crisis hits us hard, with no less than nine player injured.

We get lucky late on in the season, as we go five games without a win.

YOUTH INTAKE

With our Youth Intake in late February this year, came a new Scottish Wonderkid. Kyle Munro, is a very promising young attacking midfielder whether that’s out on the right hand side, or running through the middle. He’s got some very solid key attributes and oozes potential, the best part is, he’s from right here in Aberdeen.

RESULTS

View attachment 202415
I put together a very consistent run up until the split. Luckily enough we were too far ahead of Motherwell and Hearts for them too leap frog us. We were absolutely depleted by injury by the end of the season, I was just happy we mate it out with a 3rd​ place position in the table. Inevitably, with the injuries, we got absolutely walked over in the Scottish Cup Final. The scoreline didn’t give Dundee any justice.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 202414
Celtic absolutely trounced the league, with Dundee finishing miles behind in 2nd​. I don’t want to say it, but maybe I didn’t build Dundee up well enough after their very poor year winning only the Scottish Cup.

ABERDEEN SEASON STATS

View attachment 202413
Frenchman, Fares Bahlouli, wins our signing of the year and I’m surprised he only finished third in the Fan’s Player of the Season. Steven Johnston was out top goalscorer with 20, which when you had Jason Cummings banging in 50 a season, is a very low total. Ryan Jack completed deserved a Fan’s Player of the Year though, he pulled the strings in our midfield all year.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 202411

FARES BAHLOULI

After signing with us earlier on in the season, it’s taken Bahlouli a bit of time to adapt to the style of football we play, but boy has he adapted now. After going his first nine matches without a goal or an assist, he ended the league season with 4 goals and 7 assists in twenty-three games.

INDEX

I'm really surprised at Dundee this year. They have the best and deepest squad in the league. They're still top the brim with young talent, yet get absolutely humiliated by a Celtic team who basically loan their first eleven.

Maybe it'll just be the this year, and they'll be back on top next year.​

View attachment 202358
SEASON 6: REVIEW

View attachment 202355
PRESEASON TARGETS

SPL: Europa League place.
SCOTTISH CUP: Make a final of a cup competition.
SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP: Make a final of a cup competition.
EUROPE: N/A

We complete all the targets I set out to achieve. Making both finals was something I thought we'd struggle to do, but next year hopefully we can bring some Silverware back to Aberdeen Stadium.

SCOTTISH CUP
View attachment 202353
After a very disappointed league season, Dundee were able to grab the Scottish Cup beating Aberdeen 5-3. Dundee were at their devastating best scoring every opponent off the park, averaging more than 3.5 goals per game.

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP
View attachment 202352
Celtic win the League Cup to along with their SPL title. They were the best team in the country all year and were deserved of the double. Romanian, Florin Tanase, was on fire for the Parkhead club scoring in every round.

CHAMPIONS

View attachment 202352
Celtic take back their rein as champions of Scotland after Dundee’s dominance for the previous five years. They were head and shoulders above the rest of the SPL, with Dundee struggling to find their new identity after the resignation of Th3 King last season.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFICATION

View attachment 202353
After a dreadful season for the Dees, they will still be playing in Europe’s most prestigious competitions, but this time they’ll have to qualify through the playoffs. There is no guarantee that they’ll make the group stages, but hopefully they’ll represent Scotland well.

EUROPA LEAGUE QUALIFICATION
View attachment 202297View attachment 202295View attachment 202294
Hearts will again be competing in the Europa League after performing poorly in the group stages, although next year it they’ll have their work cut out as they’ll be qualifying from the 3rd​ Qualifying Round. Th3 King’s Aberdeen side will be Scotland guarantee in the group stages and hopefully they will perform much better than Hearts last year.

RELEGATED
View attachment 202299View attachment 202298
Two teams will again be relegated this year and it’ll be the two teams who came up last season. Ross County and Livingston were much weaker than anyone already in the league, shown by 10th​ placed Dundee Utd who finished a massive 18 points above Ross County and 20 points above Livingston.

PROMOTION
View attachment 202301View attachment 202302
Hibernian will again be joining the top flight of Scottish football, while Queen of the South will be the other club join them, tasting Premiership football for the first time since 1963/64 after beating Ross County in the Relegation Playoff 5-2 on aggregate.

FULL TABLE

View attachment 202282
Other than the obvious, Inverness back up again which isn't usually what happens. Rangers again have a poor season, but they've finally sacked Lambert, so they may be on the way up.

SPL REVIEW

View attachment 202320
View attachment 202318CELTIC – 9/10 they finally won the league after a five year drought. They also picked up the League Cup, but they performed horribly in Europe again. They really need to pick it up for Scotland sake at least.

View attachment 202304DUNDEE FC - 7/10 very poor year for a team that had a strangle hold on every domestic competition. All they came away with this year was the Scottish Cup, and the board down at the Dees shouldn’t be happy with that.

View attachment 202306ABERDEEN – 8/10 we finished third behind the two class outfits in the country and lost to both of them in each of the cup finals. I can’t really complain, but it’s time to push for one of those Champions League spots next year.

View attachment 202305MOTHERWELL – 7/10 after a poor year last year, they push up the league and back to where they should be. They spend big compared to everyone else, and have one of the biggest wage budgets in the league, but they really need to push for Champions League football real soon.

View attachment 202307HEARTS – 6/10 Jambos did well in the league after having to contend with the Europa League as well. There squad is quite deep now, so maybe improving the quality is there next best option.

View attachment 202309INVERNESS CT – 6/10 another consistent year finishing in the top 6 for another year. They seem to be leveling out though, not really improving and don’t look to be challenging the European places.

View attachment 202310ST MIRREN – 5/10 backed up again this season, but with more team’s becoming competitive, St Mirren were always going to struggle to keep their top 6 place in the league. Relied heavily on Juan José Narváez’s goals, their priority will be to keep him over the summer.

View attachment 202311RANGERS – 3/10 another poor year down at Ibrox. After a season of European football everything seems to be going downhill. Although, their squad has potential, maybe they just need a decent manager instead of ****** Lambert.

View attachment 202313HAMILTON3/10 they just keep surviving because the teams that get promoted are just that much worse.

View attachment 202314DUNDEE UTD – 3/10 after finishing in the top 5 last season, Dundee United where straight back down to the bottom of the pile. They brought in some talent over the summer too, so their fall from grace was quite surprising.

View attachment 202315ROSS COUNTY – 1/10 the two bottom sides where a mile from surviving, they were always destined to go down.

View attachment 202316LIVINGSTON – 1/10 these guys never really stood a chance when it came to surviving. They were more here for the experience than to stick around.

TOP GOALSCORER

View attachment 202345
After moving to Dundee for a record fee of £30.5mil, Borja Mayoral had a point to prove and winning the league goal tally will only help prove doubters wrong. He smashed in 27 goals in 34 games but was unable to push Dundee to another league title.

FOOTBALL WRITER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 202345
To go along with his Top Goalscorer award, Mayoral has added the FW Player of the Year as well. He was the league’s most dangerous striker without doubt and was also a provided of assist adding 7 to go along with his 27 goal tally.

SCOTTISH PLAYER’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 202347
Dundee’s Spanish winger, Ayoze, moved to Scotland in the summer and didn’t take long to acquaint himself with the Dees fans. Scoring 17 goals and providing 9 assists with an average rating of 7.58, he was a class above the rest in the SPL.

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

View attachment 202348
After winning last year’s Player of the Year, Martin Kucera added this year’s Young Player of the Year award to his trophy cabinet. He was a star again for the Dees, and has attracted interest from many Champions League sides.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

View attachment 202349
We have one representative from Aberdeen in the Team of the Season, the rest is basically made up of Dundee and Celtic players. Somehow, St. Mirren’s keeper got the call over Celtic’s shot stopper.

CONTINENTAL STANDINGS

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 202328
EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 202327
LEAGUE RANKING

View attachment 202326
We move past the Russian Premier Division, into 9th right behind the Turkish and Ukrainian First Division.

CLUB COEFFICIENT

View attachment 202322
We stay solid in 9th position but if we continue to not have team in the Knockout Round of any European Competitions, we'll be slowly moving back down.​

Last edited:
View attachment 201927
SEASON 7: PRESEASON

View attachment 201926
LEAGUE NEWS

We bring in a massive amount of young African talent to the changing rooms in Aberdeen.

Hearts can’t beat Club Brugge in the Europa League playoffs.

We have Celtic representing Scotland in the Champions League and Dundee and Aberdeen in the Europa League.

It’s a tight tussle for the top spots early on in the season.

KIT LAUNCH

View attachment 201399

The kits this yeah have been manufactured by New Balance and boy and I happy with them. They're similair to the Liverpool kits of 2015/16 and they really suit the culture here at Aberdeen.

PRESEASON TARGETS

SPL: Champions League Place.
SCOTTISH CUP: Win a Cup Competition.
SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP: Win a Cup Competition.
EUROPE: Europa League Knockout Round.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 201920
There is only one out and it’s Ross Black, with heaps of Strikers coming through I felt that we needed to move one or two on and he was the one that unfortunately left us. £2.3mil was a decent amount for a kid who had barely even played for us though. We also move on Ryan Hardie, who was a bit of a flop last year for half of what we paid for him.

MARTIN CREANEY

View attachment 201919
A Scottish Gem labelled the next James McFadden by all reports, he’s still quite raw but I’m sure we’ll see him develop over the next few seasons. I just hope he doesn’t have the fall from grace McFadden did.

CLEMENT HLALELE

View attachment 201918
My star signing this year is the South African beast, Clement Hlalele. The kid has ‘amazing’ written all over him and I just can’t wait to see him banging in goals for an Aberdeen side who lacked a top marksmen last year.

NIKOLA MARKOVIC

View attachment 201915
A 16 year-old Serbian Gem who looks to be an outstanding player. Can’t wait to see him improve and grow, but the only problem is, I’m not really sure what his preferred position will end up.

PERICA STEVANOVIC

View attachment 201912
The second of our Eastern European Gems. I feel like if he was 16 years old, he’d have been snapped up by a top European Club, but luckily for us he’s not and he’s joined the Dons.

SIPHELELE MABENA

View attachment 201917
Mabena was a rare youngster who was able to secure a work permit and should be great backup for the first team until he grows and matures as a player. He’s still quite raw, but the only way he will improve is if we give him the games.

MICHAEL UDOH

View attachment 201916
Another of these African’s who was unable to secure a work permit but he’s much too good to just forget. He’s on his way to Belgium side, SV Zulte Waregem, where hopefully he can fire in the goals while we wait for a work permit.

TIMOTHY FOSU-MENSAH

View attachment 201911
Our only loan for the first team this year is from Manchester United. Timothy Fosu-Mensah is a class central defender and with the lack of them on the market, he should be one of our key players this season.

RESULTS

View attachment 201922
I’m not exactly impressed with the results we’ve been able to pick up, but we sit in 3rd​ only one point of the top of the league. Our best performances were definitely the Celtic and Hearts matches. The away win at Parkhead just showed that we can definitely push for a Champions League place.

View attachment 201921
We draw a fairly tough group, which was pretty much expected being a 4th seed in the competition. I think if we keep everyone fit and on the park we could definitely challenge for a spot in the next round, but that's a massive 'if.'

SPL TABLE

View attachment 201923
The league has been so competitive so far this season. We see a top 4 side from last year, Motherwell, right at the foot of the table and a recently promoted, Queen of the South in the top 6. Obviously it’s still very early but we could be in for an exciting season this year.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 201924

CLEMENT HLALELE

Clement Hlalele has been on fire to start the season, scoring 5 goals in 6 appearances for the club. He looks to be an incredible player and will be relied upon to score goals on all fronts for us this season.

AROUND THE LEAGUE

View attachment 201925
Dundee loose an ex-Player of the Year and most recent Young Player of the Year, Martin Kucera, for absolutely pennies compared to what he should’ve cost. They also lost their best young prospect and Dominic Solanke to go along with it. They’re ruining the team I built.

Celtic also lost one of their key players, Florin Tananse, from last year.

The biggest signing have been from Motherwell who spent over £24mil on players. They are really pushing for the title here.

Last edited:
Great work so far hopefully you can get the title this season with it being so open.

Where did Motherwell get all that money from?!

The layout is awesome with all the banners it looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 201518
SEASON 7: SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER

View attachment 201517
LEAGUE NEWS

The league is so close at the moment, with six team in the hunt.

We and Dundee make significant inroads in our Europa League Groups.

Clement Hlalele wins two consecutive Player of the Months.

TRANSFERS

BRAD GUZAN

View attachment 201516
The 37 year-old American Shot Stopper joins the ranks at Aberdeen as a Player/Coach. After an unfortunate injury to our number one, Emilio Navarro, I needed to get a backup keeper in and fast, luckily enough Guzan was sitting around without a club so I had to snap him up.
MICHAEL NOVIKOV

View attachment 201514
Novikov is a very impressive player for us to pick up on a free transfer. He can either player has an attacking midfielder or on the wing and I’m sure he will slot in and show he’s one of the best signing in the league this year.

RESULTS

View attachment 201513
Another decent period that saw us solidify ourselves as a title contender. The problem is, we still can’t find a way to beat Dundee regularly. Obviously they have a much better squad that us, but where is a bit of luck?

View attachment 201512
We absolutely smash our Europa League group going unbeaten after the first three matches. Beating Wolfsburg away from home was without doubt the best result I've had here at Aberdeen.

View attachment 201511

SPL TABLE

View attachment 201510
It’s still close so close at the top with Dundee all the way in 6th​. I can’t see Hearts sticking around at the top but Motherwell on the other hand look the good after spending all that money.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 201509

CLEMENT HLALELE

The South African International has again been our star performer scoring a goal a game in the league and performing on the European stage as well. It’s hard to believe he’s still only 19 year-old and still in the early stages of his development.

OTHER NEWS

View attachment 201508
The facilities are being improved for the second time during my reign at the club. The training facilities are already at quite a good level, but the Youth Facilities on the other hand still need considerable upgrade.​

Last edited:
Great work so far hopefully you can get the title this season with it being so open.

Where did Motherwell get all that money from?!

The layout is awesome with all the banners it looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate really appreciate it, the league is so close which on one hand gives everyone the opportunity to win but also means anyone can beat anyone.

Motherwell had a takeover in season two by a bit of a financial powerhouse who don't mind to spend their own money!

Hello,

Interested in some of the tactics you are using with Aberdeen.

When you took over they were obviously in a very precarious situation but you did amazingly to not just drag them out but make them one of the real form teams. Did you use a particular tactic to get the required results and then adapt for your first full season or have you kept them the same throughout.

Either way I would be interested in seeing the formation and instructions. I love a strong attacking tactic that and I am working on one with Derby that is getting mixed results - when everything gels (which is becoming less consistent) i can blow anyone out of the park but when it doesnt I get a hiding and hardly touch the ball.

By the way - great story, the best on the site in my opinion and is so tempting to do something similar in a different country.

Keep cool

Hello,

Interested in some of the tactics you are using with Aberdeen.

When you took over they were obviously in a very precarious situation but you did amazingly to not just drag them out but make them one of the real form teams. Did you use a particular tactic to get the required results and then adapt for your first full season or have you kept them the same throughout.

Either way I would be interested in seeing the formation and instructions. I love a strong attacking tactic that and I am working on one with Derby that is getting mixed results - when everything gels (which is becoming less consistent) i can blow anyone out of the park but when it doesnt I get a hiding and hardly touch the ball.

By the way - great story, the best on the site in my opinion and is so tempting to do something similar in a different country.

Keep cool

Hey mate,

thanks for the kind words!

At the time I was using a 4-2-3-1 that I'd been using at Dundee for the majority of my time there.
I had a standard mentality and flexible team shape.

I played with 2 Inside Forwards (attacks) and Complete Forward (support) up top with wingbacks (attack) on either side bombing on to support the attacking move. The midfield pairing were a Deep Lying Playmaker (support) and a Ball-winning midfielder (defend) with an Advance Playmaker (attack) at the attacking midfielder.

My instructions were: higher defensive line, close down more, pass into space, be more expressive and play out of defensive.

I tried to keep it as simple as possible, something I feel is best if you're looking to play a winning brand of football.

I'm currently playing a high pressing tiki-taka tactic with the current squad which I think I will persevere with through the save.

I hope I've answered everything, hopefully you continue to cut out the inconsistencies of your tactic and push for glory with Derby!

View attachment 199940
SEASON 7: MIDSEASON

View attachment 199938

LEAGUE NEWS

After being top of the group at the midway point, Dundee fail to qualify from their Group.

Celtic are unable to win a match in the Champions League.

Ranger sack ***** Caballero, appointing Onesimo in his place.

Queen of the South and Steven Whittaker part ways, with Alex Neil coming in as his replacement.

We go on an amazing run, with the Title in our sites.

TRANSFERS

TRANSFER OUT

View attachment 199927
We sell two players for massive profits this window. First to leave was Kofi Antwi, who spent much of last year in the Netherlands trying to secure a work permit. He was a magnificent contributor to the first team this year but after signing him on a free transfer, £16mil was was way over his value and he was sent on his way to Porto. The other sale was Damir Kirsner, which I was a little bit more disappointed about. He had so much potential and the deal was overridden by the Chairman who said the deal was ‘too much to refuse’ which is an absolute joke. Two or three years down the line we could have sold him on for £25mil in my opinion.

TRANSFERS IN

View attachment 199929
View attachment 199928
Two Cameroonian Youngsters join us for minimal compensation deals, their names Roger Garita and Jean-Claude Atangana. Obviously they aren’t as good as first scouted but for as cheap as they were, I’m sure they can bring in handy transfer fees once they start to improve and develop.

View attachment 199930
Our first big signing was Paraguayan International, Miguel Martinez. Martinez is a wonderful Deep Lying Playmaker and still only 20 years-old. I’m sure he’ll be able to adapt quickly to our style of play be a key cog in the midfield for many years to come.

View attachment 199931
To further strengthen our midfield after the loss of Damir Kirsner, I brought in Gilberto, a Brazilian Youth International. Still at 19 year-of-age he has some incredible stats as a holding midfielder. Another young midfielder I hope to secure for the long term future.

View attachment 199932
We lost our in-form right wing back, Kofi Antwi, for £16 million and brought in a younger and more skilled version for less than a quarter of the price. Pablo Baleani has never made a youth appearance for Argentina but he’s still got room to grow and you never know what happen with a few years of regular first team experience.

RESULTS

View attachment 199933
Great run of results here, which ultimately means we will fight for Champions League football come the league split. Obviously our finest win was the 5-0 drubbing of Dundee at home. They should really be on top of the table but seem to love to lose to teams like Hibs and Queen of the South.

View attachment 199935
We secure top spot with a draw at home to Wolfsburg, which is outstanding for a fourth seeded team. If someone had of told me we’d finish top of a group like this I would have laughed it off. The most surprising part of all this is the six losses by Club Brugge. They are quite a strong squad and compared to the group I would have backed them to progress.

View attachment 199934

SPL TABLE

View attachment 199937
We sit on top of the table three point above Dundee with a game in hand. Celtic and Motherwell round out the top four with Hearts only goal different outside of the European places. Rangers still sit far below expectations in 8th​.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 199936

FARES BAHLOULI

The Frenchman has been in outstanding form over December and January averaging a 7.79 rating. In 31 appearences this season he has scored 15 goals and provided 13 assists. He’s a huge influence on our attacking phases of play and I hope he continues to be a key player here at Aberdeen.

Fantastic story, really like the new balance kits you made for aberdeen (I've been an aberdeen season ticket holder for 14 years. What do you use for photoshopping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Smashing it mate. Fingers crossed you can pick up the title and Champions League spot.

Fantastic story, really like the new balance kits you made for aberdeen (I've been an aberdeen season ticket holder for 14 years. What do you use for photoshopping?

Thanks mate, I used SS kits templates that can be found on the net fairly easily.
They make it much easier to edit and create your own kits.

Smashing it mate. Fingers crossed you can pick up the title and Champions League spot.

Cheers, I really am hoping for at least a Champions League spot as a minimum but the league is too close to be able to call at the moment.

View attachment 199793
SEASON 7: THE RUN IN

View attachment 199791
LEAGUE NEWS

Hibernian sack Jim McIntyre and hire Darren Ferguson.

The European Dream becomes reality.

The League comes down to the final day of the season.

RESULTS

View attachment 199790
Again we really struggle after the league split winning only one of our last five matches. Luckily for us we did enough to secure top spot and the title, the first Aberdeen SPL win since 1985. While trying to compete in both the league and the Europa League we unfortunately lost 3-4 to an in-form Motherwell side who eventually won the Scottish Cup.

View attachment 199764
We were able to do a domestic double beating Hearts in the final of the League Cup 1-0. They were unfortunately given a sending of in the 2nd ​minute of the match and were always on the back foot.

View attachment 199769
We unfortunately got off to a less than convincing start to our Europa League Knockout Phase loosing away to Fiorentina 2-1, but with the crucial away goal I felt we were still in a strong position. Obviously, we were able to keep Fiorentina from scoring and went through 3-2 on aggregate.

View attachment 199773
The next round we found ourselves battling against the Turkirsh side, Fenerbahce. We were the much stronger side in both legs and deserved the 2-1 aggregate win even if we weren’t able to secure an away win.

View attachment 199775
When we drew Inter in the Quarters, I expected this is where the run would end. We were able to beat them 1-0 at home and scored a 74th​ minute away goal to secure a spot in the Semi Finals of the competition.

View attachment 199776
The Ukrainian Giants couldn’t stop us on our run to the final with us winning 3-2 on aggregate. The away 2-1 win all but secured our spot in final. They were nowhere near what I expected from a Semi Final Europa League side.

View attachment 199778
Could we do it though? Could we win the first piece of European Silverware for Scotland in almost 40 years?
View attachment 199780
Yes we could! The match was a very close encounter with both sides carving out chancing to win. We went ahead in the 22nd​ minute with a goal from South African striker, Clement Hlalele, and should have made it two but unfortunely Fares Bahlouli blazed a penalty wide, which saw them go down the other end of the pitch a minute late and inevitably score. From then it was deadlocked until an 120th​ minute winner from one of Aberdeen’s own, Ryan Fraser.

View attachment 199771

ABERDEEN STATS

View attachment 199784
Fare Bahlouli was absolutely outstanding on our fronts for us this season and duly deserved the Fan’s Player of the Year. Michael Novikov who took a bit of time to adapt to Scottish Football after moving from Hoffenheim was also outstanding for us and was without doubt our best signing.

SPL TABLE

View attachment 199787
The league was extremely close with 1st​ and 3rd​ separated by just five points. I feel like Motherwell were the most disappointed of all the clubs this year. Although they finished in 4th​ place they spent over £20mil on new talent and could break the strangle Celtic, Dundee and us have on the top three.

PLAYER OF THE MONTHS

View attachment 199789

RYAN FRASER

He may be slowly becoming a backup option, but he scored the winner to secure Aberdeen the Europe League. The 28 year-old moved back to his boyhood club after a failed English career and I bet he could never have imagined scoring such an important goal for the club closest to his heart.

o_O

You've only been one year and half in Aberdeen and you've already engraved the Dons' name in European football... And in what a fashion to boot! Knocking out teams like Fenerbahce, Internazionale, Shakhtar, Fiorentina, Wolfsburg, AND Roma.
Outstanding work with the Dons so far, you even managed to ****** the league away from Celtic and Dundee.

Keep the great work up.

.P.S.: Something tells me that you'll eventually go back to Dundee as your succesor is kinda ruining all you built there...

o_O

You've only been one year and half in Aberdeen and you've already engraved the Dons' name in European football... And in what a fashion to boot! Knocking out teams like Fenerbahce, Internazionale, Shakhtar, Fiorentina, Wolfsburg, AND Roma.
Outstanding work with the Dons so far, you even managed to ****** the league away from Celtic and Dundee.

Keep the great work up.

.P.S.: Something tells me that you'll eventually go back to Dundee as your succesor is kinda ruining all you built there...

Thanks Zlatan, I believe I got a bit lucky in the Europa League rather than the team being good enough but I'm definitely not complaining!

I can't believe Dundee at all, they're team is still the best in the league but they seem to loose when they shouldn't.