• yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great Casey. Keep up the awesome work!

Transfer Budget and Expectations Released

Coventry's board are expecting at least a top half finish this season after last years wonder season. Casey has been provided with a budget of £28million and £325k a week on wages.

Expectation for the other competitions are as follows.....

Champion League: Playoff?

FA Cup: 5th Round

League Cup: None set

Last edited:
Pre Season Report

Friendlies (Assistant in charge):

Coventry 2-2 AS Monaco FC
Coventry 2-1 Ajax
Hartlepool 0-3 Coventry

Transfer News:
Coventry started july linked to many but after difficult attempts to sign player such as Lukaku, Bent, Diouf, Witzel and Bently went sour Caseys approached changed. In an interview the Sky Blues manager said, "i will be going back to my old ways looking for bargain buying youngsters who i believe will become stars and players who have the talent look to turn they career back on track ." The manager has had great success with such deals like Kadlec and Kazim an example of both his style of signing.

Players In

Michael Mancienne (£3.8m AC Milan)
England+U21+v+France+U21+Lq_VwDmdYbHl.jpg

Henok Goitom (£525k Almeria)
Barcelona+v+Valladolid+La+Liga+cgV-kMH3LXdl.jpg

Artur Boruc (Free Transfer)
Boruc2_468x529.jpg

Yago (£850k Juventus)
yago_cover.jpg

John Mensah (£3.1m Lyon)
mensah.jpg

Jan Vertonghen (£2.5m Juventus)
a2b5ff3c-1867-43c4-b9ad-506423b883fa_1218636841765-Vertonghen400jpg.jpg

Morgan Schneiderlin (£4.9m Southampton)
article-1084848-0224EF2100000578-374_468x384.jpg

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (£1.3m Arsenal)
article-0-07FF6137000005DC-350_468x385.jpg

Freddy Adu (£700k Benfica)
freddy-adu.jpg

Jonjo Shelvey (£2.8m Charlton)
image-5-for-coventry-0-0-charlton-gallery-310336311.jpg

Sergio Urbina (£4.4m Chivas)
attachment.php

Loic Nestor (£4m Havre AC)

1770749608_1.jpg

Players Out:

Jonatas to Hertha for, £2.1m
Ronnie O'Brien to Middlesbrough, £120k
Richard Hughes released
Westwood to Siena, £2m
Davenport and Clyne to Barnsley, £1.2m and £875k
Dudek retired

First Team :
attachment.php

incredible. wonderufl stuff, and great signings too. love shelvey (y)

i need the best signings so i dont embarrass myself in Champions League

UEFAChampionsLeaugeBanner.png

The Day We Have Been Waiting For

The Champions League Group stage draw has taken place. The draw saw Coventry seeded 4th. The Sky Blues managed to miss europes major big boys as they where drawn against German side Werder Bremen, Ukraine champions Diamo Kiev and Russia's Zenit.
sp7.jpg

Coventry's biggest challenge Werder Bremen

The other Groups are as follows.
attachment.php

The squads present look quite weak, With teams like AC Milan, Juventus, Ajax, Valencia, Porto, Man Utd and Liverpool not in this years competition. This makes it a more open contest but im sure the smaller teams will miss their chance to play in places like Old Trafford, the San Siro or the Amsterdam ArenA on a European night

_41185457_gerrardtrophy.jpg

Wont be making it six this year

August Report

On The Pitch:

Man City 5-3 Coventry
Not the best start to the new season for Coventry with a defeat to Coventry biggest rivals during Casey's reign at the club, a brace from Tevez with other goals from Jovetic, Ayoze and Robinho getting Man City the win. Coventry Goals from Conway, Kadlec and Vagner Love.

20tevez.jpg

Two from Tevez secure another Man City win

attachment.php
Conway (11)
attachment.php
Kadlec (18)
attachment.php
Vagner Love (90+2)
attachment.php
Tamas
attachment.php
Urbina
attachment.php
Vagner Love.

Coventry 2-0 Bolton
City gain their first win of the season after a victory over Bolton. Vagner Love finishing with two goals to his name both scored within first ten minutes of play. A solid Coventry defence where able to hold onto their lead ,something they failed to do on many occasions last season.
vagner-love-brasilien.jpg

Cant stop scoring

attachment.php
Vagner Love (1, 8)
attachment.php
Gohouri
attachment.php
Urbina
attachment.php
Shelvey
attachment.php
Vagner Love

Blackburn 2-3 Coventry
Coventry where very lucky to win this game after a poor performance , Coventry started the quickest taking the lead in the 1st minute, but Kalinic equalised. Soon after Michal Kadlec gave City the lead again putting it past his own keeper making it 2-1, but again Rovers came back with a goal from Morten Gamst Pedersen. Substitute Traore clinched the winner on the 88th minute with a header inside the 6 yard box.

article-1241282-07C8890F000005DC-138_468x380.jpg

Super sub Lacina

attachment.php
Vagner Love (01)
attachment.php
Kadlec o.g. (37)
attachment.php
Traore (88)
attachment.php
Kadlec
attachment.php
Urbina

Coventry 1-1 Chelsea
City shown their improvements made this season with a suprising 1-1 draw against champions Chelsea. After Joe Mattock but the ball is his own net to put the champions ahead Coventry battled hard as again it was Traore on as a substitute bagging a vital goal with another point blank header

traore_ingenuncheat.jpg

Lacina "the giant" Traore is hero again for Coventry

attachment.php
Traore (83)
attachment.php
Urbina
attachment.php
Vagner Love

Off The Pitch:

A good start to the season when taking into account who we played. Squad has more depth and the impact on Traore as a late target man to change the game has been immense. A nice draw in the Champions League and good performances make it look like Coventry are in for another good season proving it was not a fluke.

attachment.php

Have your say.... how far will Coventry go in this seasons Champions League?

Casey Rejects Udinese
Udinese-icon.png

Casey has seem to be linked with every job going lately, Udinese is the latest team to offer a contract to the talent manager. This is the fourth contract he has been offered since the season ended.Casey released a statement saying:
2309742807_9dae52cacf.jpg

"I'm currently happy at Coventry and i plan on staying here at least till i bring the club some success to the club, but after then who knows i can not see into the future"

The vague comment then end the speculation of his recent linking but were his long term future will be is another question due to the poor relationship between chairman and manager.

Love the Boruc and JET signings...Can you post a Screenshot of JET (Jay Emmanuel Thomas) as some stage over the next season I am interested to see how he develops.

Love the Boruc and JET signings...Can you post a Screenshot of JET (Jay Emmanuel Thomas) as some stage over the next season I am interested to see how he develops.

will do i have already seen an improvement in 1st month

Casey, since you finished 3rd last season, who did you go against in the qualifying round of the CL?

Very entertaining to read good luck. I'm also managing Coventry in my second season in the premier devision, however it's not going as well where I'm battling against relegation.

Casey, since you finished 3rd last season, who did you go against in the qualifying round of the CL?

No idea was confusing at one point i tout i didnt make it cause i kept waiting for the draw, Also the 4th(Liverpool) place time didnt make it due to fact that Arsenal(who finished 6th) won the Champions League. It was quite odd no english teams had to Quailfy i have some screenshots of it below.

if anyone can example please do... i thinks it to do with Arsenal winning the year before

Very entertaining to read good luck. I'm also managing Coventry in my second season in the premier devision, however it's not going as well where I'm battling against relegation.

Im sure u will stay up good luck with the season

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

i might start doing smaller updates as the time need and effort is starting to annoy me and effect my enjoyment of the game

good stuff casey, good luck in the champions league, on my brothers coventry save he made it into the champions league and got inter, shakhtar and bordeaux, appears you are more lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.