Free CD Key? Suspicious I am. And if illegally got hold of, asking for help with earns swift retribution with the ban hammer

cant play fm12!

steam error - this game if currently unavailable at the moment, please try again another time

can any 1 help with this???

Been having the exact same problem, Tried all the above but still isnt working :( !

Jake, I just feel the response from steam is shocking. I sent emails before about issues with my account and they take days to respond. I dont mind steam the program its just the response rate isnt good. My problem anyway is the "this game is currently unavailable" i will try the post of solutions on front page. But if i have to uninstal the game will i lose my current save? thanks

Jake, I just feel the response from steam is shocking. I sent emails before about issues with my account and they take days to respond. I dont mind steam the program its just the response rate isnt good. My problem anyway is the "this game is currently unavailable" i will try the post of solutions on front page. But if i have to uninstal the game will i lose my current save? thanks

Your game is stored in a seperate location to Steam (...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\Games ). So it's perfectly safe, but if you're worried you can always make a backup of it by copying the game to a different location or to a USB pen etc.

Thanks Jake for the step by step guide, I think I'm on the right track but I've just got another pop up appear ( see pic ) should I just locate the crash dumps and delete it? will this fix my game?

View attachment 199955

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me :)

never mind, I re-did the steps again and now its working fine for now :)

Alright, cleared up up 1 of my problems, about 'game is currently unavailable' with the opening post, so cheers :) But I've got another 2 issues;

1. Not a massive problem, but just windering why is it that everytime I installed football manager normally (without steam), the icon would show, but now the red 12 icon doesn't come up on the desktop or when I presss start.

2. My main problem is the fact that I cant minimize the game, on FM's I installed without steam I would just press either ctrl+alt+delete, or press the windows key, but now when I do either of the, I get some error message about crash dumps or something (sorry I can't post the exact error message, steams updating my game atm, and so I cant open it)

Thanks in advance :)

cant play fm12!

steam error - this game if currently unavailable at the moment, please try again another time

Hi all

I'm having exactly the same problem. From the first post I'm thinking its because Steam is downloading some update - but can someone please confirm? Is there anyway I can check the status of this update within Steam, rather than just guessing?

I'm totally all for change / improvement and preventing piracy... however, after a **** day at work I just wanna play the ****** game!!! Rant over, thanks in advance for any help!

Problem

Hi guys, I've tried everything from your list up there and it still wont work....I have a mac and have the updated snow leopard software. Every time I go to play the FM12 icon appears quickly on my dock then disappears. A pop up error report appears saying that FM unexpectedly quit. Help would be much appreciated!!!!

Hi all

I'm having exactly the same problem. From the first post I'm thinking its because Steam is downloading some update - but can someone please confirm? Is there anyway I can check the status of this update within Steam, rather than just guessing?

I'm totally all for change / improvement and preventing piracy... however, after a **** day at work I just wanna play the ****** game!!! Rant over, thanks in advance for any help!

yes it means the game is installing an update. If you switch to offline mode it should load up. Once loaded you can switch back to online mode so steam can continue the update.

Am getting the Game Unavailable message aswell. I have tried everything that was suggested even going offline but still nothing. Please someone help as I think I might cry in a very manley way.

Ok, everythin´s just fine with Steam, .....but how can I get offline?

it says that fm2012 is already running..but i can't play..when i see task manager, fm.exe is running..but im not playing the game..can someone help?

cant play fm12!

Been having the exact same problem, Tried all the above but still isnt working :( !

Ok, everythin´s just fine with Steam, .....but how can I get offline?

If the game is currently unavailable it is for one of two reasons.

Because steam is updating it for you. You must be in online mode with the internet connected to allow steam to do this. So anyone who is getting this message for more than a few minutes either has an incredibly slow internet connection (update took 2 minutes for me on a 5 meg connection) or they are not connected to the internet, or steam is in offline mode.

You have opened steam in online mode without an internet connection. Steam must register and sync with the servers before you enter offline mode and play the game without the internet connected. To prevent this problem in future, open steam with your internet connection on, switch to offline mode and then never close steam again.

Alright, cleared up up 1 of my problems, about 'game is currently unavailable' with the opening post, so cheers :) But I've got another 2 issues;

1. Not a massive problem, but just windering why is it that everytime I installed football manager normally (without steam), the icon would show, but now the red 12 icon doesn't come up on the desktop or when I presss start.

2. My main problem is the fact that I cant minimize the game, on FM's I installed without steam I would just press either ctrl+alt+delete, or press the windows key, but now when I do either of the, I get some error message about crash dumps or something (sorry I can't post the exact error message, steams updating my game atm, and so I cant open it)

Thanks in advance :)

1. Not sure, i have one, but i usually open steam then press the play button next to FM12 anyway. Try looking in:

C drive - program files (or program files x86) - steam - steamapps - common - fm2012

In that folder there should be an FM12 icon that you can make a desktop shortcut from.

2. Try pressing alt+enter in game to enter windowed mode, then minimise that way.

i have done the Verfy integrity of game files on steam but now FMRTE now does not work because it says my version of steam is not recognised any ideas??

FMRTE is only currently compatible with the initial release. The game has now been patched, and updated release of FMRTE will be out soon though.

it says that fm2012 is already running..but i can't play..when i see task manager, fm.exe is running..but im not playing the game..can someone help?

What are the specs of your PC?

amd athlon (tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4400+ 2.30 ghz
ram - 2gb

Do you ahve any other games on steam? Do they load ok?

Have you tried restarting steam or your computer?

Do you ahve any other games on steam? Do they load ok?

Have you tried restarting steam or your computer?

this is my 1st game..my display is
standard vga sistem...is it affect?

"Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated" How do I restart Steam lol?