I still didnt get it how to run FM 2012 in offline mode.Do I have to disconnect internet or is there a function for offline mode in Steam app?

can anyone help me i have just defrag and verify the game the a press play the loading comes upbut after it nothing just black picture can anyone help me i´m playing on vista need help :(

Ive still not been able play the game even tho ive installed and uninstalled,defragged and verifryd the cache several times.still not working im getting the crash dump message all the time its driving me mad please please help!!

Hi Jake,

I need your help. I have a steam account username what_sux and has been using steam for the past 3 seasons of football manager - this is my 4th consecutive season. The problem I encountered is that my computer will give me this: ~A serious error was encountered and the application will clos. An error file has been generated in: C:\Users\whatsux\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\crash dumps\....dmp~ and then ~To help protect your computer, Data Execution Prevention has close Football Manager 2012~. I tried verify integrity of game cache but it is to no avail. My laptop here is Windows Vista Home Premium With Service Pack 2 RAM 4GB Operating System 32-bit. Thanks much for your help and cheers :D

how do i fix it all i want to do is play my belovid game.lol

Hi Jake,

I need your help. I have a steam account username what_sux and has been using steam for the past 3 seasons of football manager - this is my 4th consecutive season. The problem I encountered is that my computer will give me this: ~A serious error was encountered and the application will clos. An error file has been generated in: C:\Users\whatsux\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\crash dumps\....dmp~ and then ~To help protect your computer, Data Execution Prevention has close Football Manager 2012~. I tried verify integrity of game cache but it is to no avail. My laptop here is Windows Vista Home Premium With Service Pack 2 RAM 4GB Operating System 32-bit. Thanks much for your help and cheers :D

Crash dumps are nothing to do with steam. Both you and Mark need to read the opening post of this thread:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-dumps-failed-set-up-graphics-xml-errors.html

Ok, everythin´s just fine with Steam, .....but how can I get offline?

open steam, click on the steam button in the top right corner and click go offline

hi jake i did wot that link said about crash dumps and still no luck this is wot ive done

For XML Issues and crash dumps, please delete your settings folder as described below:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:
My Computer
'Tools'
'Folder Options'.
The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
My Computer
'Organize'
'Folder and Search Options'.
The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:
1. Open “My Computer”
2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
4. Delete the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click “Start”
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
5. Delete the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.

Mark, there are many more suggestions in the OP of the thread i linked.

my fm 2011 plays fine so why aint this one straight forward.lol ive installed and re installed many times and defragged on steam and on my comp one and verified cache many times too im begining give in.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

when i defrag my game through steam it stays clusters 0/2 no matter how many times i do it.

Are you using any customs graphics? Logos, skins, kits, facepacks etc?

no mate nothing custom at all

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

all ive done jake is get the game out of box put it on my steam account and it wont work at all

All steam is good for is cooking carrots, cabbage and broccoli.

And industrial large scale heating systems.

Can anybody help with my issue the game is runing but after the initial loading screens it just goes pitch black i havent changed nothing and have tried doing the above but still nothing.
cheers

I know this problem was solved already but just today I started having trouble with it what to do when in the attributes window various information is blank under the circle?