OK... getting a bit P.O'd and frustrated now tbh but here it goes

I have completed all aspects of the opening post on my mac, now im at a point where iv uninstalled fm and installing it again and it still says its busy!

I have had this message now in online mode of steam when trying to play the game, in offline mode when trying to play the game, and when trying to install the game back onto steam!

help anyone?

View attachment 200294

I hope to get some feedback. This is not a prob, just questions about steam.

I still didn't buy the full game yet, just play the demo till now. Would like to know more of steam, and if it satisfy me, will buy the game..

1. Sega said i will be able to play the game in offline mode. But even with demo, if any updates available, i cannot play the game with error that "game not available". I can only play after the updates is downloaded. Is it an option where i can still play without updating the game? Even when i'm not online and use offline mode, i still can't play the game..

2. What does it means it can be played on multiple pc..? Other pc need to install Steam and download the full game too... right? Basically i can't play with other pc without an internet connection (to download the full game)..?

3. Only playing DEMO..?!! 2 days ago update 300++ mb.. Tonight need to update another 100++ mb..? What is the update for? We are forced to update without knowing what the update things are.? Are there list of things updated somewhere..? (nearly 500mb is big for me, and without knowing what it is, is the main question)

Thanks...

Last edited:
Hello,

i have downloaded steam, i have downloaded fm12, but when i go to play it, a error messgae appears and says that the game is already running. But i cant see a game running. Can you give me any advice pls. i am desperate.

Have resolved this, good job Im persistent...

Application Errors

Hi all, I had problems getting the game to start, I had an Application Error' box appear and the then a crash dump.

I went through all the solutions that Jake posted, uninstalled & re-installed several times, all to no avail, but thanks to the SI site I found out that if you have Bit Defender Antivirus installed, it may cause problems.

I went to this link - Football Manager 2012 *OFFICIAL* FAQ

Everything is fine now, hope this helps!

i keep getting crash dumps when trying start game through steam tried everything that jake said and im re installing game AGAIN now but not holding my breath had game since wednesday and havnt played it yet its getting depressing :( help please

Hi all, I had problems getting the game to start, I had an Application Error' box appear and the then a crash dump.

I went through all the solutions that Jake posted, uninstalled & re-installed several times, all to no avail, but thanks to the SI site I found out that if you have Bit Defender Antivirus installed, it may cause problems.

I went to this link - Football Manager 2012 *OFFICIAL* FAQ

Everything is fine now, hope this helps!

I tried doing this and adding FM2012 to BitDefender exclusions list but it did not work. I kept on receiving the crash dump error. However I then uninstalled Bitdefender from my computer and FM2012 is now working fine.

I think a lot of the problems people are having could be anti-virus/firewall related or certainly the crash dump application errors. Having said that though a lot of errors are with Steam and I am not just having a go at Steam for the sake of it. I have used Steam over the years and used it to play both FM2010 and 2011. I have found it sometimes automatically update the games and after it does you receive the error messages people have been complaining about...ie:game is already running. I have found with past FM games on steam that if Steam attempts to start running when you start your computer and you have no internet connection but then after you do have an internet connection and steam connects it will still give you error messages when you try to start FM even if you are online and the "steam already running" error will come up. Try either closing Steam through task manager and re-starting (If you close Steam down through Steam it will say its closed but if you look on Task Manager it will still be running!) so you must close it using task manager or do a complete computer restart making sure your internet connection is active.

Unfortunately whilst there has been a lot of unwarranted Steam bashing on here it certainly has a few bugs..I know,as mentioned above I have been using Steam with FM since FM2010.

Good Luck Everyone

Last edited:
Thanks Jake..

It's kinda late here in my area, and very sleepy..
Will read it tomorrow and hoping it will be resolved. Will write back about it tomorrow..

Thanks again Jake..

No problem, a lot of people blame steam for crash dumps, but non steam versions of fm10 and fm11 sufferred from crash dumps too.

I still dont like Steam to be honest! I live in South Africa where our interent is farking expensive if you do not have uncapped (which is equivalent to £55 a month) if not more! as well as not having the best infrastructure here (even though we had the World Cup here) I spent R350 (£32) for the CD game as I cannot download the game via steam as its just way too big!

I had several hours of fighting and swearing on Friday evening at home! I had to reinstall it twice (each time eating at least 150-200mb of my flash USB internet (which cost me £15 to buy 500mb to make sure I had enough data to complete the installation off the **** frikkin Cd)

It downloaded so many farking patches etc before I could even wipe the **** out of my eyes! But anyway, that is Steam and it was a given which I accept!

Steam aside (after many hours of research and trial and error going offline etc etc, doing the verifying etc etc) I managed to load up Fm12 for the 1st time around lunch time on Saturday to only be met with a crash dump!
Now I know its not Steam, I loaded quite a few nations as I always do (not exceeding the player limit as I know this does cause them) and boom crash! eventually got it to work!

I still experience random crash dumps either while processing or viewing a match (whenver, they are random) but not too frequent thank God! A good tip is to set the file saving to one only, not the 3 rolling save for anyone reading this and also take off the crowd and a few other things via the 3d match engine if you do not have a great GPU!

My system is a bit old and I think my GPU has a problem, my RAM is a tad faulty etc at times and the inside must look like a nuns ****** with all the dust! but a new upgrade is on its way!

there are several questions I have about Steam which I would like some assistance on from the Pro's as I never use Steam due to the reasons mentioned above here:

1) I see you can take off the auto updates for the patches! If I wanted to download them like I have been doing for years via this website I cannot locate the Sports Interactive folder in Program Files or anywhere to be honest (not in Steam either) will this still work the "manual" way if I had to patch it. If I had to patch my Steam acc (Fm12) from my office would it have the latest patches when I get home later that evening and everything be A ok? Will I have to go online quickly in order for it to register the fact that it has been updated?

2) If I had to uninstall Fm12 again due to issues! Would I have to go through all that downloading again before I can play it? i.e: when I get my new Pc I will have to reinstall it or will my Steam account be up to date regardless of what I do? On my Steam at home I have unlocked over 20 achievements (offline) however when I am online at work it says 0 hours played and nothing has been unlocked?

3) Is there Anyway to play Fm12 without using Steam once installed? If I wanted to play Fm12 at work via my Steam could I just click the Install button and boom it will work like it does at home? (of course my saves etc wont be here)

4) How do I get the game installed like the old normal way mentioned above? Is there anyway?

5) Will it allow me to play (in offline mode as is right now at home if there is an update for it) i.e: even though I am offline will it detect and update and force me to update before I play again? Or could this be done via my Steam here at work like metioned earlier?

6) I cannot think of anymore questions right now even though I had quite a lot! thank you

4)

think I found where the folder is! Is this correct?

C: Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012

I am experience major problems with FM12. I'm not sure whether it is Steam related or graphics or whatever, but could really use some advice.

The only time i get a problem is actually during matchday. While watching the game in the normal 3D mode, my laptop will just close itself down. The screen will go black and only the power button light will be lit up. The only way i can restart my laptop is to take the battery out and unplug it, then start up all over again. It has all the spec required for the game and is only a year old. It doesn't happen every single match, but i have played a maximum of 3 friendlies before it happens.

This is really annoying me now as i just wanna play the game! Can anyone help? Please!!

I am experience major problems with FM12. I'm not sure whether it is Steam related or graphics or whatever, but could really use some advice.

The only time i get a problem is actually during matchday. While watching the game in the normal 3D mode, my laptop will just close itself down. The screen will go black and only the power button light will be lit up. The only way i can restart my laptop is to take the battery out and unplug it, then start up all over again. It has all the spec required for the game and is only a year old. It doesn't happen every single match, but i have played a maximum of 3 friendlies before it happens.

This is really annoying me now as i just wanna play the game! Can anyone help? Please!!

Black screen issues MAY be fixed by trying the following:

Windows XP:
C:\Users\
Vista and Windows 7:
C:\Users\\App Data\Roaming

Once you can see inside those folders delete the Sports Interactive Folder.

If you can’t see those folders you will have to make “Hidden” files viewable.

For Vista and Windows 7:
In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

For XP:
Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:
When in a window, go to 'Tools'->'Folder Options'->'View'-> and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

Also some users have reported getting around the 'Black Screen' issue by creating a new account on their version of Windows and starting the game through this user. We suggest doing so if the above advice does not work for you.

Hi I have been having serious problems and I think this is my last hope.Okay I bought the game two days ago,everything fine,finished season one.This afternoon tried to get in and I could not,kept trying but this just came up"Connecting steam account" but would not go further,tried re-installing etc,still the same,don't understand it,hoping you can help but I'm a bit dis-heartened at this stage.Thank you,Keith

Hey, just wondering if any of you can help me please!

I've had FM12 working fine on my Mac with OSX for the last few days, been playing happily, then today I go to play it and I click on the "play" button in Steam and it goes "Preparing to Launch" but then the game never starts...

Anyone got any answers? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Right then, I don't like using Steam - prefer using the disc to avoid issues that are nothing to do with the game.

But anyway, using Steam as I have no idea how to use the game without it. Loaded it up and clicked "Play" on Steam and it comes up with "Steam error - Game unavailable. Try again another time." I've tried switching Steam to offline mode and it still doesn't work and I'm getting really frustrated.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Right then, I don't like using Steam - prefer using the disc to avoid issues that are nothing to do with the game.

But anyway, using Steam as I have no idea how to use the game without it. Loaded it up and clicked "Play" on Steam and it comes up with "Steam error - Game unavailable. Try again another time." I've tried switching Steam to offline mode and it still doesn't work and I'm getting really frustrated.

Anyone know how to fix this?

There have been a couple of patches already. The game is usually unavailable when steam is still downloading/installing them.

Check your steam downloads for any activity.