The Steel City Revival 2016 till Forever

Mr_Grieves

Reaction score

The Steel City Revival

View attachment 208255

Hoping to make this my main save for FM16

Sheff Wed
View attachment 208254
After spending most of the 80's & 90's in the Premiership Wednesday have not been close to making a return to the top flight since, only 1 top half Championship finish in 2009.

Sheffield United
View attachment 988999
Sheffield United were one of the so close yet so far team that were always of the verge of promotion from the Championship from 1995 to 2006 when the finally got promoted for 1 season in the top flight. Since then its been all down hill even slipping into League 1 in 2011. By some act of nature or force of god, and some awful managerial appointments have seen them stay in the 3rd tier of English football. Will they finally sort it out and get back to the Championship this year?

Sheffield FC
View attachment 208245
The oldest football team in the world! They an be found in the 8th tier of English football 2 promotions away from being playable in the game and 3 promotions away from the conference. A league bellow Salford FC. I will be trying to get them as an affiliated to try and get them some players and get them promoted

Managers Ambitions

My plan is to start of with Sheff Weds who are the strongest team at this stage with there rich owner, solid championship squad and good enough reputation to attract decent players. I have no time limit of no specific time scale target except i would like to bring all 3 of the Sheffield teams into the Premiership while obviously winning as many trophys ect as i possibly can. Save will only be accomplished if they finish 1-2-3 in the league, win FA, League cups & the Champions League!
2015/16

Manager Trophy Count
2015/16 English Championship

2018/19 > Premiership
2018/19 > Community Shield
2020/21 > League Cup
2020/21 > Premiership
2021/22 > League Cup
2021/22 > FA Cup
2021/22 > Premiership
2021/22 > Champions League

Club records

Sheff Wed
2015/16 > 1st Championship
2016/17 > 5th Premiership
2017/18 > 9th Premiership
2018/19 > 1st Premiership
2019/20 > 10th Premiership
2020/21 > 1st Premiership
2021/22 > 1st Premiership

Sheff Utd
2015/16 > League 1 Playoff Winners
2016/17 > 18th championship
2017/18 > Play Off Runner Up
Championship
2018/19 > Runner Up Championship (Promoted)
2019/20 > 19th Premiership (Relegated)
2020/21> Championship Playoff Loosers
2021/22> Championship 2nd

Sheff FC
No History

Last edited:
This looks interesting. Would like to see Sheffield FC a little higher up the pyramid if possible.

Sheffield Wednesday

Season 1 Targets
Championship - Top 6
FA & League Cups - Beat all non Premier League teams

All my attention is on the League. We need to get into the Premiership as quickly as possible to start building a monster!

Starting team 2015
View attachment 208196

Summer signing
View attachment 208195
We broke the bank after trying to clear out as much of the back up depth we have. Still looking for a midfielder to complete our team which should be good enough tot challenge for the playoff spots. My biggest signing did not make this list as i got Phil Cannon to be our head of youth development. GAMECHANGE!

Emmanuel Eboue - DR
View attachment 208193
Right back was our weakest position and Eboue was probably the best free player available. One season wonder i hope!

Rodrigo Bentancur - MC
View attachment 208192
Boca loose one of there top prospects who is already good enough for the Championship. If i can keep him happy he could turn out to be a career player at Wednesday.

Andrija Zivkovic - AT
View attachment 208191
One of the stars from FM15 and i was in no doubt i was going after him in this years save too. Cant believe we got him so cheep. He'll lead the strikeforce from day 1

August

A good start in the league but the points & goals dry up at the end of the month. Marco Matias is our surprising goal scoring leader in the 1st month of the season as our new players still gel together.

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 2-1 Bristol City
Matias
Loovens

Capitol One Cup 1st Rnd
Sheff Wed 3-1 Crew
Zivkovic 2
Bannan

**Game of the Month **
Ipswich 2-2 Sheff Wed
Matias 2
View attachment 208017

Sheff Wed 2-2 Reading
Bentancur
Lopez

Leeds 2-0 Sheff Wed

Capitol One Cup 2nd Rnd
Burnley 3-2 Sheff Wed
Joao 2

Sheff Wed 0-0 Middlesbrough

League
View attachment 208016
Brentford lead the way as the only team to win 4 games. Were in 15th but very early days. Blackburn make an abysmal start and are bottom with no wins. We kick off September with another match against Burnley

Player Of The Month
Marcos Matias
View attachment 208015
What an amazing start to the season by the former Nacional Da Madeira player. Pre season stats 6 games 10 goals, League form 4 game 3 goals 2 assists

Transfer Window update
We clear out some more dead wood while adding the defensive midfielder i wanted and we hooked up with Man Utd as a feeder team landing Sam Johnson & Jessie Lingaard for our squad. Outside of Sheffield Chelsea made the biggest moves for Fabian Johnson & Mattia Di Scigilo

Andres Cubas MC
View attachment 208014
Argentine U20 star is another player who turned out great in FM15 and looks to have all he tools at a bargain price.

September

3 Wins in a row pus us in the play off picture
Sweet revenge over Burnley
Could Lucas Joao turn out to be our lead striker?

Fixtures

** Game of the Month **
Burnley 1-3 Sheff Wed
Bentancur
Hutchinson
Lopez
View attachment 207486
Some turn around from the Cup game that Burnley bossed on there way to the 3rd round. We learned from our mistakes and put on quite the show in the league game or in my opinion the game that mattered.

Bolton 1-2 Sheff Wed
Lopez
Loovens

Sheff Wed 1-0 Fulham
Joao

Brentford 2-1 Sheff Wed
Joao

League
View attachment 207484
We played our part in Brentford keeping there spot on top as we beat fulham to decided who ended September top. Were only 3 points off a automatic promotion spot and join the chasing pack of teams on 18-13 points after we had a pretty good month!

Player of the month
Jeremy Helan
View attachment 207482
Former Man City youth prospect has been a stand out player for years at Wednesday and this month he had his share of impressive displays after my pre season doubts of him.

Being from Sheffield, this is really interesting :) although I hope you're not quite as successful with Wednesday as you are with the other 2 ;)
Good luck anyway!

October

Three more wins with a draw and a defeat, more than acceptable work by the Wednesday!
Finished October with 8 goals in our final 2 games
Signed a superstar international player, guess who the top free player in the beginning is!

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 3-0 Preston
Zivkovic
Joao 2

Sheff Wed 1-1 Hull
Matias

QPR 2-1 Sheff Wed
Lees

** Game of the Month **
Rotherham 1-4 Sheff Wed
O'G
Bannan
Pudil
Lopez
View attachment 207421
Neil Redfern has been giving us hassle all season so it was pretty sweet to get this one over him!

Sheff Wed 4-1 Nottm Forest
Bentancur
Helan
Zivkovic
Pudil

League
View attachment 207420
Were in 9th place but only 3 points away from top spot. Anyone in the top half is well in the hunt just now!

Player of the month
Andrija Zivkovic
View attachment 207419
Scored a few and made even more on his way to being Championship young player of the month.

New signing
Yoann Gourcuff
View attachment 207418
32 caps for France but on the footballing scrap heap. I have no issues picking him up a month before he's due back especially when he asks for FAR less money than Michu.

If Sheffield United get promoted high enough will you manage them?

Seems a bit much. But what if one team goes against each other then what

Seems a bit much. But what if one team goes against each other then what

Wont manage them at the same time. here's a rough guide

2015-2022 - Sheff Wed
2022 - 2027 - Sheff Utd
2027-2035 - Sheff FC

Make each side a top premiership side at least then move on

November

We go down to 10 men for the 1st time and Blackburn hump us
Injurys start to pile up with 5 of the starting 11 out as we end November
One win from four games but were still in the top half and only one point from the playoffs and 3 points from automatic promotion.

Fixtures

** Game Of the Month **
Sheff Wed 2-2 Brighton
Pudil
Matias
View attachment 206938
Not our highlight of the month as we threw away a two goal lead and highlighted our weak spot in defense. Player of the month Pudil had us ahead at the break before Matias should have settle the game but for 2 goals we gave up leaving us hanging on for just a point

Charlton 0-2 Sheff Wed
Bannan 2

Sheff Wed 0-0 Huddersfield

Blackburn 4-1 Sheff Wed
Matias

Championship
View attachment 206937

Player of the Month
Daniel Pudil
View attachment 206936
With all the injury problems it was nice to have left winger Pudil back in the team. He's at the club on a year long loan from Watford and is doing a far better job than the former Watford striker Forestieri who the previous manager sunk £3m on!

Nice concept mate - looking forward to seeing how this one plays out!

December

Last minute goals from Lindgaard & Pudil turn 2 points into 6
We put up a steel curtain and shut up shop going 5 games without letting a goal in till Middlesborugh grabbed a few
All this leaves us 2nd in the table
2 Sad points though. Fernando Forestieri threw a strop about being dropped so he was sold to Palermo for £1m and even with that we're struggling to come up with fund to make any January moves and are also looking like we might not keep all the players i'd like to who's contracts are up in the summer.

Fixtures

** Game of the Month **
Sheff Weds 1-0 Derby
Lindgaard
View attachment 206470
The French superstar finally made his debut off the bench and went on to make the winning goal right at the death

Cardiff 0-2 Sheff Weds
Joao
Matias

MK Dons 0-0 Sheff Weds

Sheff Weds 3-0 Wolves
Matias
Lees
Bentancur

Sheff Weds 1-0 Birmingham
Pudil

Middlesbrough 2-4 Sheff Weds
Bentancur 2
Joao
Wallace

Championship
View attachment 206469
What a month as we march into 2nd spot. Did some work on the tactics which have firmly shut up shop in the cold winter months and helped us to the best goal difference in the league.

Player of the Month
Rodrigo Bentancur
View attachment 206466
The Uruguayan won the leagues player of the month so only fair he gets our award too!

Cracking idea for a save matey, just to let you know might wanna check the screenie of your latest player of the month :p

January

We continue our 9 game unbeaten run in the league until we went to Reading.
League results falter with a few draws and a defeat to round out the month.
Two good results in the cup with mostly youth and back up players
No players coming in this transfer window since i spent my budget in January and the wages in the u21s have cleared any spending money

Fixtures

Fulham 1-4 Sheff Wed
Joao
Matias 2
Pudil

FA Cup 3rd Round
Sheff Wed 4-2 Burton
Joao 2
Zivkovic
Lopez

Sheff Wed 2-2 Bolton
Joao
Zivkovic

Sheff Wed 2-1 Leeds
Bannan
Gourcuff

Reading 2-1 Sheff Wed
Joao

** Game of the Month **
FA Cup 4th Round
Everton 2-2 Sheff Wed
Joao
Bannan
View attachment 206081
A youthful Wednesday team was put out for our FA Cup game with our attention being on the Championship. Barry Bannan gave us a shock lead in the 1st minute but Everton were back in front before the half hour. Top scorer Joao equalized and that was enough to earn a replay with the Premiership side. Brighton will wait in the 5th round if we win the replay

Championship
View attachment 206082
Despite dropping a few points were still right in the fight for top 2 and were 9 points clear of Fulham in 7th. While we were loosing to Reading Wolves were winning 3-0 at QPR meaning we missed our chance to go top of the table. Middlesbrough still in the bottom 3!

Player of the Month
Barry Bannan
View attachment 206083
Scored some vital goals in his busiest month of the season. Not been willing to sign a new contract yet however so might end up loosing him for nothing in June.

February

Still tight with the top 3 and with 12 games to go we sneak ahead of Wolves into 2nd spot
Eventon end our cup dreams
Injurys is the tale of the month with 5 starting players missing at some stage.
League 1 Barnsley win the Carling cup!
View attachment 204870

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 2-5 Burnley
Bannan
Brown

Birmingham 1-2 Sheff Wed
O'G
Helen

FA Cup 4th Round replay
Sheff Wed 3-5 Everton
Zivkovic 2
Tracey

Sheff Wed 2-0 Brentford
Bannan
Bentancur

Preston 3-3 Sheff Wed
Bannan 2
Joao

Sheff Wed 1-1 QPR
Bannan

** Game of the Month **
Hull 2-4 Sheff Wed
Zivkovic 2
Bannan
Joao
View attachment 204873
What a start to this game with 3 goals in the first 10 minutes that saw us go from a goal up to 2-1 down. We then took control of the game but had not taken our chances up till half time. In the second half we destroyed Hull and ran out easy winners but lost Zivkovic for a month during the game.

Championship
View attachment 204872
QPR are starting to look like the best team in the league. We fought a close draw at Hillsborough but that game in hand could see them go 7 points clear at the top. Ourselves and Wolves have been dropping silly points but for now stay far enough clear of the chasing pack.

Player of the Month
Emmanuel Eboue
View attachment 204871
Well he's come back to England for more than just a final pay check. At 32 he's been the top right back in the League since Christmas

Love to see another story from you, mate!

Great concept, I can't wait for the next updates.