The Steel City Revival 2016 till Forever

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 134
  • Views Views 37K

March

Lucas Joao's top form earns him a Portugal cap
Injury crisis as following a red card & Barry Bannan's leg break we are down to 14 1st team players, 12 outfield
Leads to our youngestever player making his debut. Vince Tumber at 15 years and 69 days

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 1-1 Rotherham
Joao

** Game of the Month **
Brighton 0-2 Sheff Wed
Joao
Pudil
View attachment 204538
Victory on the coast and just as satisfying it was our best away performance in a long time setting us up for the rest of the month.

Nottm Forest 1-3 Sheff Wed
Turner
Pudil
Joao

Sheff Wed 2-0 Charlton
Matias
Joao

Championship
View attachment 204537
The win against Charlton seen us hit the top spot for the 1st time with 8 games to go. Wolves on the final day too!!!

Player of the Month
Lucas Joao
View attachment 204536

Incredible results considering the injury crisis mate! Well done.

End of Season

A dodgy few weeks in April set up a thrilling May for the top 3

Fixtures

Huddersfield 0-3 Sheff Wed
Pudil
Lingard 2

Sheff Wed 1-1 Blackburn
Zivkovic

Bristol City 1-1 Sheff Weds
Matias

** Game of the Month **
Sheff Wed 4-2 Ipswich
Matias 3
Lopez
View attachment 204197
Marco Matias has come back at just the right time to save point form Bristol City and now leads us to victory against Ipswich. We were 4-0 up before resting for our future games. After two dodgy games this is hopfully the start of a run to the title.

Derby 1-3 Sheff Wed
Joao
Gourcuff
Lopez
With a traveling squad of 14 we fought from behind to beat play off contenders Derby. Champions performance? Thanks to goal difference a win against MK Dons will all but settle it

Sheff Wed 0-1 MK Dons
Lost for words!

Sheff Wed 1-1 Cardiff
Bentancur
Were doing EVERYTHING to avoid promotion but despite a 92nd minute Cardiff goals WERE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIERSHIP after Wolves defeat

QPR won at Burnley and either QPR or Sheffield Wednesday will lift the Championship. If results go Wolves way they can finish 2nd but they have to beat us and hope QPR win. I knew that final game would have a huge impact in the title race.
View attachment 204196

Final Day
Wolves 0-1 Sheff Wed
Joao
View attachment 204194
Split first half but we came out on fire in the second half and totally dominated the next 30 minutes after scoring. The final 5 minutes we were under siege and by a force of nature or act of god we kept Wolves out to secure the Championship for Sheffield

Final Championship Table
View attachment 204193
Birmingham, Preston & Rotherham go down. Playoffs kick off soon!

Well done mate - congratulations on the league win! Good luck in the Prem!

Season 2015/16 Review

We go up to the Premiership and how has it changed?
Chelsea were the Champions and the top 4 were as expected. Norwich & Bournemouth both went down as expected Southhamptons relegation was far more surprising
Roberto Mancini is Liverpools manager, Fernando Hierro is Crystal palaces manager, Diego Simeone is Man Utd boss, Sunderland have Brendan Rodgers
Arsene Wenger has just retired so a huge job is open at Arsenal

Sheff Weds 2015/16
View attachment 202998
Wing backs both worth there weight in gold while Matias is our surprising player of the year while Lucas Joao had a incredible year beating out Andrija Zivkovic for the starting striker job, earning Portugal cap and securing a spot in the Euro's squad

Championship - Winner
FA Cup - 4th Round
League Cup - 2nd Round

Key Players

Marco Matias
View attachment 202997
His season should be less of a surprise when you see what he did in the Portugese Premier League. Led the team in assists and 2nd top scorer. How will he get on in the top flight? He will get a chance

Lucas Joao
View attachment 202996
Filled the role of big target man to a tee. Not sure how many headers he scored but it seemed like a lot. Premier League might need a better quality striker though

Jeremy Helan
View attachment 202995
Wing bck came on leaps and bounds this season. Killed teams with overlap runs and crosses to Joao. Earned his chance at the Premiership

Season Awards

League Player of the year
Matt Phillips - QPR
View attachment 202992

Young Player of the year
Demarai Gray - Birmingham
View attachment 202991

Top Scorer
Adam Le Fondre - Wolves
View attachment 202989

Manager of the year
Me
View attachment 202988

Sheffield Review

Sheffield United
View attachment 202987
Double promotion in Sheffield as United take our place in the Championship

Sheffield FC
No mention

Last edited:

Season 2016/17 Preview

Sheffield Wednesday
Star players from last season force there way out of the club
Lots of early action left us with very little to spend relying on free's & Loans to fill the gaps in the squad.

Season 2 Targets
Premiership - Survival
FA & League Cups - Back up teams

I've spent every penny and more that we got given by the board to make sure we stay in the top flight.

Starting team 2016
View attachment 202910
Big personel changes & tactial tweaks to make us more solid at the back. Lots of Premier League experience at the back with two promising Bundasliga stars joining the party. 2 players playing the defensive roles so hopefully we'll be as boring but solid as Man Utd. More youth with Goretezka feeding the ball to Adam Johnson & Zivkovic on the wings and on loan Luiz Adriano expected to grab the goals. Actually looking at it we've put together a great side. 4-5 players could spend the next decade at the club. Miracle transfer window though as your about to read.

Summer signing
View attachment 202887
Plenty players joined us during the summer after 2/3 star players from last year forced there way out of the club.

Timo Horn - GK
View attachment 202908
Miracle 1 This guys release clause was £6.5m, nobody else put in a bid. Ta very much!

Neven Subotic - DC
View attachment 202906
Miracle 2 Dortmund transfer listed him for £5.5m, back in FM15 he was at worst a Europa League star so probably the best player we picked up in the summer

Leon Goretzka - MC
View attachment 202905
Miracle 3 The Germans really were kind to us! Again sitting on the transfer list was one of the most promising midfielders in the game. He and Bentancur will be fighting to progress there careers in our squad with few MC chances

Dejan Lovren & Luiz Adriano join on loan
View attachment 202904View attachment 202903

6 others join and will play a big role in our season with many free players with a point to prove
View attachment 202896View attachment 202895View attachment 202893View attachment 202892View attachment 202891

2 youth join. Messed up with Jhon Arango who didnt get a work permit and i've not managed to farm him out on loan.
View attachment 202890View attachment 202889

Out
3 Players that played a mega role in our promotion leave. Lucas Joao was getting offers from huge clubs and after his Portugal caps in there run to winning the Euro's he had clearly outgrown Sheffield, but his transfer fee covered the cost of most of our free signings. Jeremy Helan was a strange one. He was demanding a rise from £4.5k to £35k and then forced a transfer. By the end i was happy to get almost a million out of his grumpy ***! I hoped to keep Jonats Centeno but he chose Academica over us for some reason and Emmanuel Eboue has gone to retire in the USA.

Some great singings for the Premier League mate, in fact I made a lot of similar transfers in the second season of my Sunderland save and I'm sitting 4th in January so I predict you'll do very well if the squad gels quickly. Johnson and Zivkovic have both been great for me although they now fight it out for the same position on the right. Subotic has really helped me tighten up a defense which was one of the worst in the league first season. I even made the same mistake of signing Jhon Arango without getting a work permit!

Some great singings for the Premier League mate, in fact I made a lot of similar transfers in the second season of my Sunderland save and I'm sitting 4th in January so I predict you'll do very well if the squad gels quickly. Johnson and Zivkovic have both been great for me although they now fight it out for the same position on the right. Subotic has really helped me tighten up a defense which was one of the worst in the league first season. I even made the same mistake of signing Jhon Arango without getting a work permit!

Christ were a clone!

August

Mega tough schedule but we fight through it to take 4 points from the first 3 games
Defensive set up reeps rewards early on as we only let in 4 goals against tough teams, No clean sheets yet.
Penaltys required for the back up players in the cup

Fixtures

Liverpool 1-1 Sheff Wed
Gourcuff

Sheff Wed 1-2 Man City
Luiz Adriano

League Cup 2nd Round
Bolton 2-2 Sheff Wed Sheff Wed win 4-3 on Pens
Lovren
Dembele

** Game of the Month **
Stoke 0-1 Sheff Wed
Johnson
View attachment 201664
Our best performance of the season so far. Both sides had lots of chances on goal but we took the only goal to secure our first win back in the top flight

Premiership
View attachment 201662
More than happy with 4 points from trips to Anfield & Brittania and a game with Man City

Player of the Month
Andrija Zivkovic
View attachment 201661
Slowly getting there as a right winger. Has to learn more to fit into my system where his lack of interest in the defensive side of the game being his major flaw at this stage

Transfer Window
View attachment 201660
We do nothing as were out of cash but big spending elsewhere

What work in the window mate magic stuff!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

September

Almost a perfect month till Jamie Vardy showed up
Penaltys required in the league cup at West Brom but were into the 4th Round to play Swansea

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 3-0 Crystal Palace
Johnson
Loovens
Adriano

** Game of the Month **
Sheff Wed 2-0 Swansea
Cubas
Adriano
View attachment 200825
Home form will be vital for our attempt to stay in the division. On this day Cubas & Adriano scored within a minute to beat a team struggling for identity

Carling Cup 3rd Round
West Brom 1-1 Sheff Wed - Sheff Weds win 5-4 on Pens
Perez

Leicester 3-2 Sheff Wed
Adriano
Johnson
We fought hard and it was only a late Jamie Vardy goal that denied us a point

Premiership
View attachment 200824
Happy with our start. 3 wins already in the book and double the points of Ipswich the best of other the promoted teams. Already at this early stage the top 5 is no surprise with Liverpool & Leicester in the hunt too.

Player of the Month
Luiz Adriano
View attachment 200823
The AC Milan striker took his tally in the Premiership to 4 goals in 6 games

Great start mate! Love the idea too, unlucky on losing Joao but you've more than replaced him in my opinion!

October

2 stoppage time goals against QPR secure our only 3 points of the month
Fight back to win a huge point against Arsenal
Sadly the capital one cup challenge ends at Swansea

Fixtures

West Brom 1-0 Sheff Wed
A game we dominated but couldnt buy a goal

Newcastle 0-2 Sheff Wed
Bannan
Zivkovic

Sheff Wed 4-2 QPR
Boateng
Matias
Adriano
Zivkovic

Capital One Cup 4th Rd
Swansea 1-0 Sheff Wed AET
The only thing worse than playing my best team for the first time was having to put them through 120 minutes just to go out

** Game of the Month **
Sheff Wed 2-2 Arsenal
Bentancur
Dembele
View attachment 200683
This one looked like it was done just after half time as Ozil put Arsenal 2 goals ahead. So i decided to rest players that were tired from the league cup and play those looking for fitness after being out with injurys. Couldnt have timed there return better as they led us to a most unexpected point.

Premiership
View attachment 200682
Despite only picking up one win in October were up to 7th place ahead of Everton & Chelsea. Are Leicester the real deal? 2 points clear at the top.

Player of the Month
Andres Cubas
View attachment 200681
The Argentinian midfielder joined my experiment right at the start and continues to lead they team in spirit & performance from the middle

Doing a great job with Wednesday man - Keep it up!

Am really looking forward to you taking charge of the Blades in the future, as I am currently living about 5 minutes from Bramall Lane. So would be great to see them dominating Europe :D.

Doing a great job with Wednesday man - Keep it up!

Am really looking forward to you taking charge of the Blades in the future, as I am currently living about 5 minutes from Bramall Lane. So would be great to see them dominating Europe :D.

There doing pretty well on there own. Mid table in the Championship as we speak

Awesome job mate! Could European qualification be on the cards first season up? Would be a great achievement!

Your signings were incredible for a recently promoted side!
Keep up the good work in the league as well, you should finish above the relegation zone quite easily.

November

Short month but a big win at Everton followed by a point from a possession battle with Man Utd.

Fixtures

** Game Of The Month **
Everton 0-2 Sheff Wed
Adriano
Gourcuff
View attachment 200347
A Tight game with Everton went our way thanks too two goals right before the break.

Sheff Wed 0-0 Man Utd

Watford 1-1 Sheff Wed
Johnson

Premiership
View attachment 200346
Top 5 pull away a bit from the rest but were still in sight with Man Utd & West Brom in the chasing pack.

Player of the Month
Adam Johnson
View attachment 200345
The English winger is continuing to rebuild his career already thrashing his stats from his final year at Sunderland

Back