View attachment 120209
View attachment 120208

Stranraer are one of only a handful of teams to test us this season and this quarter final tie with them will be a tough, tough match. It's made even tougher by the absence of our winger Joe Thompson who will miss upto four weeks of action. We do have some trialists in at the moment and Ross Matthews is the one we're turning to in place of Thompson. After bombarding Stranraer with ten shots in half an hour we finally managed to take the lead. It was through some great anticipation by Steven Ross, as he nicked in to steal Ryan Thomson's intented pass to his team mate, who then dribbled with the ball for a couple of yards before placing the ball into the net from just outside the box. Goal number two followed just before half time as Ross got his second courtesy of a Liam Caddis through ball. There wasn't much to write home about in that second half and the match ended with us the 2-0 victors! Irn-Bru Challenge Cup semi finals here we come!

View attachment 120211

Last edited:
View attachment 120207
View attachment 120206
After salvaging a draw with Brechin in our last match we're hopeful that being the home team works in our favour this time as we hope to ease into the next round of the William Hill Scottish Cup. Krystian Nowak makes a return to the team after being dropped for his disastrous display four matches ago. He is a good player so hopefully he'll have took some time to analyse what went wrong and look to rectify it. The suspended Stephen Maher is replaced by Ursene Mouanda and trialist Chris Millar plays his first game for us in place of Liam Caddis. We took the lead through a cracking Chris Millar goal as he showed his class with a twenty yard piledriver just two minutes into the match. It was just the one goal lead we went in with at half time despite how quickly we scored it. We made a quick start to the second half too as Steven Ross headed in from Ross Matthews cross on the forty-eighth minute. After receiving the ball from Matthews Dylan Easton went on a mazy run before cooly slotting in our third of the match. This isn't the same Brechin we played in our last match that's for certain. A three nil win sees us through to the fourth round where Ladbrokes Premiership side Hibernian will be our opponents. It's a real shame that we don't have anything left in the budget to bring anyone in permanently as Matthews and Millar have impressed me big time. This is Matthews third and last trial game and he really stepped up to the plate for us in Joe Thompson's absence. Some bad news followed the match as we learned that Steven Ross will face another two weeks out injured.

View attachment 120205

Great updates mate. You got a good story here. Lots of work going into it.

What do men do when they are heartbroken? We drink, we go to the strippers and we drink some more. I'm sorry it's just the way it is. I had laid out the perfect proposal for that woman I spent three years with and she turns me down? Who does that? She wasn't happy? Well why didn't she tell me? I swear, women drive me crazy. Always have done and probably always will do. I could have dealt with Georgia telling me she didn't want to be with me, I really could have but she didn't let on that there was a single problem between us. I thought things were going better than ever as she didn't seem to be moody or anything like that in the build up to the end. I guess that should've been a tale tail sign, women are always moody. There was only one way I could think of to recover from my broken heart and that was to turn to drink. And strippers. Pretty much on repeat. I was having a really good time of it until I was brought back down to earth with a text from John Alexander which read; "Chris, we need to talk. Come in to the office as soon as possible." Ohhh **** what now? "Sorry Stacey I've got to go right now, we can meet up later if you want? I asked my latest squeeze. Or the stripper from last night rather. I didn't wait around for an answer, what did John want?
]
]

So what did John want? What else did you get up to other than drowning your sorrows and getting over you ungrateful ex?

Been on a mini break from this due to an eventful weekend, being a lot more sociable, looking, applying and having interviews for jobs, chasing a girl and playing a lot of Fifa hahaha! Possibly be an update tomorrow...

Got a message about this story today and it gave me a reminder of it haha.. So the break from FM has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. I do still have this save and I will be continuing it eventually but it will be in the New Year due to work unfortunately!

View attachment 112490

It was clear to everyone that I was heading down a shady route, once again, over the past couple of weeks and it took a right good ear bashing from John Alexander to bring me back down to earth. I can't let my life go downhill once again, not now, not after I've worked so hard to rehabilitate myself, not over a girl. No more drink, no more drugs and no more strippers! It's time to get my head back in the game again. I have a very promising team here and we want to push for promotion to the Scottish Championship, we're also in the semi-finals of the Challenge cup and have a fourth round tie against Hibs in the Scottish cup. Time to focus and get my priorities straight!

View attachment 112489

Really enjoying the the story mate, keep up the good work. Made it even more interesting, as your goalkeeper Amadeusz, is my goalkeeper at the team that I manage in real life. Yes he's very good and much better for the level we are currently playing. :D

Really enjoying the the story mate, keep up the good work. Made it even more interesting, as your goalkeeper Amadeusz, is my goalkeeper at the team that I manage in real life. Yes he's very good and much better for the level we are currently playing. :D

Thank you AndySams10 I'm going to be working away from home over the next month again so It'll likely get more frequent as the month goes on! That's a funny coincidence haha!

crazy story! been to broadwood a few times! also know one of the youngsters lewis andrews you probably released him by now lol

crazy story! been to broadwood a few times! also know one of the youngsters lewis andrews you probably released him by now lol

Cheers mate! I'm not sure but he's defo not in the team :p I'll have a look next time I'm on it. Just not getting the time to update this just now!

View attachment 108175

Monthly review

View attachment 108173

Once again, we didn't start the month off in the best of ways as we fell to a soul crushing 3-2 defeat to Queens Park. Having led 2-0 at half time it was embarrassing that we wound up losing that match. Slack play and a huge complacency factor without a doubt. Our man Ross continued his form while Scott Linton got just his 2nd goal of the season for us. Unfortunately Linton had to go off with an injury in the game and as a result he now faces 5-7 weeks out with a sprained ankle. Matt Flynn also agreed a transfer away from us this month and will play junior football with Cove Rangers come January 2nd. Sean Ellis and Liam Caddis came back into the side against Stranraer and Neal Eardley made his debut as a trialist. We didn't get the result we wanted against Stranraer either and as our luck would have it, once again, Livingston matched our result! Which is good and bad I guess.. They didn't extend their four point lead at the top but we also didn't make the most of their rare slip ups! Upon completion of that match Chris Millar had now made three trialist appearances. I would love to be able to get him in permanently and we'll continue to look at that possibility over the next month whilst he continues to train with us. Thankfully in our next match we were able to get back to winning ways and, better yet, managed to cut Livingston's lead at the top by two as their poor run continued with a 3-3 draw. It took just minutes for Steven Ross to score his twenty-eighth goal in twenty-seven games which kicked off our 3-0 rout over ninth place Elgin. It was a comfortable win which gave us confidence going into the final game of the month and calendar year. That game comes against Livingston who managed to get back to winning ways in their last outing. The winner of that game would go into the year 2018 top of the league. Our squad were in high spirits going into that game and the mood was lifted even more when four of our players were named in the team of the week; Conor Bell, Krystian Nowak, Joe Thompson and Dylan Easton. Yet just ahead of the match a bombshell was dropped.. Steven Ross pulled out with a cold! A cold! Now I don't want to go all Mourinho on my players but come on! Our trialist Yaw Osei was given a chance to shine in Ross' absence and shine he did!! The lad only put us ahead inside ten minutes. It's just a shame his team mates weren't as alert as he was as we quickly let our lead slip and we were 2-1 down after sixty-six minutes. A change was needed for us and Ursene Mouanda and Joe Dylan Easton were replaced by Stephen Maher and trialist Connor McManus. The latter had the impact we needed in the game as he sourced out Osei with a long raking ball over the top and the Ghanian under 20 internationalist struck home his second goal of the game and rescued a draw. We should have won but at least we didn't lose. Livingston are the ones heading into January sitting top of the table. Unfortunately that wasn't the worst news that day, St. Mirren had now pulled level with us in 2nd as we slipped up once again.

Not really been into FM lately but after starting several games last night with West Ham(was watching Green Street), Watford(like them on Fifa) and Man City(was bored and wanted to sign players) I ultimately got bored wit all three and have decided to get this going again. Have some free time just now so going to fire through this season and let's see where it takes us!

View attachment 108156
View attachment 108155
Even with home advantage it's fair to say that we are the huge underdogs in this tie. Hibs are in mid table in the Scottish Premiership while we're in League One. Still anything can happen in the cup and with a full strength squad at my disposal as well as a couple of new faces available we were well up for the fight. We made just the one change to the line up as new signing John Rooney, brother of Manchester United forward Wayne, came in for Sean Ellis to make his debut. Despite all of our best hopes and intentions though, Hibs were handed an easy way into the lead as Krystian Nowak gave away a penalty less than five minutes into the match, Stewart Murdoch stepped up to put the Hibees ahead. We had a fantastic opportunity to level on the thirty-seventh minute when Steven Ross smacked the post from a Joe Thompson cross. As we chased an equaliser late on in the match we were hit on the counter by the away side who swiftly made it 2-0 through substitute Jason Cummings. Game over.

View attachment 108154

View attachment 108152

Monthly review

View attachment 108153
We started off January with another tough game on the back of our last one against table toppers Livingston as we were set to play fellow promotion hopefuls St. Mirren next and we were hoping to retake our lead over them. After Yaw Osei's last game for us I was so tempted to leave Steven Ross out in the 'cold' but with no other strikers at the club and it would be Osei's final trial game I thought it best to save him for when we really need him. Jamie Cobain was the other change to our team as he replaced Ewan McNeil. A sub-standard display by all involved meant that we could only draw against St. Mirren and stay level on points with them. Livingston fared better and reclaimed their four point lead after beating Elgin City 2-1. It was a role reversal in the next round of matches in the league as Livingston were held to a draw against St. Mirren and we overcame a stubborn East Fife outfit as we eventually saw them off with a 2-0 victory. The Livingston - St. Mirren result couldn't have worked out any better for us as we once again close the gap on Livingston to two as well as taking a two point lead over St. Mirren. As we got set to face Hibernian in the Scottish Cup fourth round we were boosted by the arrivals of a famous footballers lesser famous younger brother John Rooney, sibling of Wayne, and also Connor McManus who had been on trial for around a month. As well as that we were able to field a full strength side as all our players were fit and raring to go. Despite our high hopes and aspirations for the tie we just weren't up to it on the day. We got off to the worst possible start by giving away a penalty inside five minutes and we just couldn't get going after that. We weren't embarrassed though and for that I'm thankful. We just have the one cup to play for now and we eagerly await our Irn-Bru Challenge cup tie against Rangers under 20's next month. Despite easily dispatching Alloa in our previous ties this season we just weren't up to scratch in our latest outing against them. We weren't helped by Ursene mouanda's first half red card or by Quade Taylor gifting the opposition a penalty either though. Adding to our misery, Livingston won their match and now sit five points ahead of us. As we enter Ferbuary we will certainly be hoping for a much better month.

View attachment 108151

View attachment 108143

View attachment 108142
With our form all over the place at the minute we could really have done without this match at this present time. We are up against a very strong and talented young side and I see a couple of stars when I look at my opposite numbers team sheet. However, we are certainly no push overs and I am looking forward to this match and hoping we can return to form! We got off to the best possible start as we scored after just seven minutes through Steven Ross. Having been dropped in the last game and then coming on as a sub and scoring he looks to have gotten over his mini crisis and linked up well with John Rooney who provided the assist, these two are looking good together. As predictable as ever we couldn't just win a game could we? Oh no that would be too easy. Fiftieth minute equaliser for Rangers courtesy of a Kieran Balfour wonderstrike. Cue more disappointment as we chase the game and concede once again and this time it was the lightening pace by Kevin O'Hara down the wing that was our undoing and the winger ran all the way into the box and netted past Amadeusz Skrzyniarz when he really shouldn't have. We are out.

View attachment 108141

View attachment 108140
Monthly review

View attachment 108139
February didn't get off to the best of starts as our poor run of form continued. Just one win in our past six games has resulted in us slipping down to third place in the league. A poor 1-1 draw with Brechin was followed up by the same outcome against Stranraer. Brechin scored early on and Steven Ross rescued it late in the match to salvage something out of a game we should have won by a big margin. The same could be said for the Stranraer match as they had a man sent off after twenty minutes. We took the lead after some inspired substitutions, John Rooney and Sean Ellis came on for Connor McManus and Steven Ross. Ellis' corner was played outside the box and Conor Bell passed the ball into the path of Rooney who scored his first goal for the club. Krystian Nowak decided to recklessly get himself sent off after receiving two bookings and subsequently Stranraer then equalised five minutes later. As we went behind once again I was mentally preparing my resignation letter when we were bolted back to life late on in the match after Quade Taylor's clearance turned into an excellent through ball for Steven Ross to nab an equaliser. AND THEN IT WAS 2-1!!!!! Steven Ross you little beauty... Ross comes back to life, Clyde come back to life.. No coincidence! Instant morale booster that was.. Just ahead of a semi final too. The timing couldn't be better. Yet as I was celebrating and getting ahead of myself the referee pulled it back for a free kick for offside. Nooooo. Devastating ending to a match. That one was hard to take I must admit. Another 1-1 draw, f**k. Despite taking the lead early on against Rangers youth side we struggled to get a handle on the game and can't have any complaints about the result and subsequent elimination from the Irn-Bru Challenge cup. Could it get any worse? Abso-f*cking-lutely. Conceding an 80th minute goal which turns out to be the winning one will do that to you.

View attachment 108138

I was live typing this during the Queens Park match and thought we'd snatched the win against them and had paused the match only to un-pause it and find out it was offside!! Thought I'd leave it there for impact. :(