View attachment 120705

View attachment 120704
It was Ayr up next for us in the Betfred Cup and we were forced into a couple of changes through injury as Dylan Easton and Liam Caddis were both ruled out which was a big blow. Easton is only out for a couple of days, thankfully, while Caddis is out for at least four weeks with a broken shoulder. Polish defender Krystian Nowak makes his debut as he joins Sam Evans and Joe Thompson in the starting line up. We shouldn't have been the team to take the lead. We were. Steven Ross on one of his solo runs and he takes a dig at goal, it bounces off the bar in a downward trajectory and embarrassingly over the red faced goalkeeper. We only went and took a two goal lead fifteen minutes later didn't we! Ewan McNeill with the free kick out towards Thompson out on the right wing and the winger drills it into the middle for Ross to tap it in for his second. The dynamic duo of Thompson and Ross combined once again as Ross completed his hat-trick with a composed strike after Thompson's chipped ball into his path. It was all getting a little bit silly. 4-0 Clyde!! Second's later Ryan McCord's long ball over the top finds Ross and Ross once again finds the net! Ayr pulled one back just before half time to give them a slightly better chance of getting something from the game. It was a crazy first half that one and as it turned out the only one we were going to get any goals in as the match finished 4-1. Great win!

View attachment 120703

View attachment 120702

View attachment 120701
Our new number one goalkeeper Amadeusz Skrzyniarz makes his debut in goal for us in place of Mark McMillan. I wanted to give McMillan the chance but the choice to play Skrzyniarz was made easier by McMillan conceding in both of our matches thus far. It took us just fifteen minutes to get the opening goal and it came courtesy of a Ewan McNeill cross and a Ryan McCord tap in. McNeill turned goalscorer next as he scored a good free kick from the edge of the box. Goal number three swiftly followed and McCord was provider this time as his free kick was headed in by Krystian Nowak. Three up before half time, superb. An absolute howler was made by debut boy Skryzniak as he came rushing out to clear a long ball over the top but instead kicked it straight off Arbroath forward Rory Boulding who reacted quickly to reduce the deficit to two. Things went from bad to worse for us from there. After making our three subs we conceded a goal not long afterwards and then one of our subs had to be taken off injured! Ten minutes to play with ten men protecting a one goal lead.... We just managed it. That was close!!

View attachment 120700

View attachment 120699

View attachment 120698
Despite returning to full fitness Dylan Easton only makes the bench for this game as Sam Evans and Ryan McCord have played well in his absence. No changes. Whether Morton were regarded as favourites or not I expected to win this game. To ensure qualification for the next round was in our hands we had to. That goal was past the f**king added time ref you absolute tw*t. 0-1. Morton took the lead after the forty-sixth minute as we went into the break undeservedly behind. Bullsh*t. That is an absolute joke that we lost that game to that goal. It's a waiting game to see if we qualify now... We need Hearts to beat Ayr and Arbroath to at least draw with Morton.

View attachment 120697

View attachment 120696

I am so gutted that we were knocked out of the Betfred Cup after playing so well in our matches. The only match we should have lost in our group was the Hearts game. Morton were terrible and got the win over us through luck. I am bitter about this I really am. For Arbroath just to lie down and take a six one defeat grates on me big time as well. Anyway, I guess we have to move on from it. The league campaign is just about to get underway and I'm looking forward to a good season. Stephen Maher joins Liam Caddis and Matt Flynn in missing the opening league game of the season as he becomes the latest midfielder ruled out by injury but I feel we have enough cover to cope, for now. Our opening game of the season against Albion Rovers will be a fan day and any season ticket holder can bring along a friend for half price. Get down here and enjoy our first game of the season!! We've got a Irn-Bru Challenge Cup tie against fellow League One side Queens Park to look forward to in the next month as we look to make some progress in cup competitions this year.

View attachment 120644
View attachment 120643
After one win and one draw in the league it was back to some cup action as we welcomed Queens Park to Broadwood to play our Irn-Bru Challenge Cup second round tie. Liam Caddis makes a return from injury and starts in the heart of midfield in place of trialist Lewis Spence. Dylan Easton loses his place in the side to another trialist as Sean Ellis takes his place behind the striker. Pat Kanyuka also makes a return to the side as he Krystian Nowak has been ruled out for two months with a stress fracture of the lower back. We managed to take the lead inside ten minutes as Steven Ross headed in from a Joe Thompson cross. The second soon followed, Scott Linton the provider this time and Liam Caddis the scorer. Thompson to Caddis... And we have goal number three!! We haven't even played twenty minutes!! Thirty five minutes played and it's four nil to the Bully Wee! Steven Ross on the double too. It's only a minute into the second half and Queens Park have scored an own goal to make it five nil to us. This is incredible, truly incredible. Less than thirty seconds later and it's six nil, Joe Thompson once again down the wing, whips a cross in and Steven Ross heads it in for the hat-trick. A fantastic victory as we sail through to the next round, where recently relegated St. Mirren await, with an easy win. It was a truly great display of counter attacking football which has worked a treat for us recently. After some of the displays today Sean Ellis' will have been a bit outshone but the trialist was superb for us and I am definitely interested in signing him up after that.

View attachment 120642

View attachment 120641
Monthly report

View attachment 120640
When I was given the upcoming season expectations by John Alexander I really was surprised that he expected so much from us this season. Given that we had only just managed to get fourth in the league last season it's not like we came up as the unbeatable champions! However, after the past month of football that we have played I am really confident that we can achieve what John expects of us. After conceding in our four games in the Betfred Cup we have since gone on to keep seven clean sheets on the bounce!! We have been working a lot on defensive positioning and general defending in training since returning for pre-season but I'm still really shocked that we've managed to pull of seven in a row! Our defence has been outstanding although I must give a special mention to Ursene Mouanda who has been phenomenal in front of our back four. A great piece of business with him so far. As is standard procedure; Steven Ross has been leading the way at the other end of the field as he has eleven goals in thirteen games. Joe Thompson has been class on the wing too as he's set up seven goals, mostly all Ross' I believe. The performances that we put in against Queens Park and St. Mirren was just phenomenal. I'm relishing every game that we play at the moment. Three wins and three draws is a pretty decent start to the league and I'm thrilled to be sitting in second position in the league at this point. It was good to see six of our players make the team of the week all at once. Both myself and Steven Ross picked got runner up in the respective manager and player of the month awards. I'm still yet to receive first place! Maybe this season..

View attachment 120639

View attachment 120628
View attachment 120626
With the form that we are in I was actually looking forward to facing St. Mirren in the Irn-Bru Challenge Cup rather than dreading playing them like I was last time out. We've already hammered them four nil so anything less than a win wouldn't be acceptable. There's just the once change to our line up as Ewan McNeill replaces Callum Donaldson after serving his one match ban for picking up too many yellows. There was little to no action worth talking about for the majority of the first half until Quade Taylor decided to have a say in the match on the fortieth minute. Sean Ellis hit a long free kick into the box from the half way line and Pat Kanyuka headed it down to his defensive partner who volleyed the ball past The Buddies 'keeper and into the net. Ten minutes into the first half and we managed to grab a crucial second. Joe Thompson and Sean Ellis played some nice first touch football as they played one two's with each other before Ellis drilled the ball in low and hard for Steven Ross to smash in his fourteenth of the season! Final score; 2-0. It's another clean sheet, how long will this go on?

View attachment 120625

View attachment 120600
Monthly review

View attachment 120599

The month of September was another good one for us as we progressed to the Irn-Bru Challenge Cup fourth round where Dundee United would be our opponent's. We also managed to win three out of four games in the league too. The clean sheet streak was ended by Queens Park's Billy Mortimer late on in our game as we just failed to get to ten games without conceding. We won that game three one and beat Brechin one nil in the game before that whilst we sailed to a three nil win over Albion Rovers in our last game of September. Inbetween the Brechin and Albion Rovers game we played Stranraer and we lost our first game in the league against them as we just couldn't take our chances in the match. We were the far superior and more dominant team in that match but just as we had done against teams more dominant than us in games, Stranraer got the counter attacking just right. We're three points ahead of Stranraer who are in third and just one behind league leaders Livingston. A steady start and a great platform to build on that's for sure. Unlike myself Steven Ross managed to go one better than runner up in the monthly awards for September as he came first in the player of the month category, I was once again second in the managerial one.

View attachment 120598

View attachment 120390
View attachment 120389
After a dominant performance against Albion Rovers in the league we got the news that seven of our players were named in the team of the week! Our attention was now on the Irn-Bru Challenge Cup now though and we had a tough opponent in Dundee United. After eighte weeks out injured Krystian Nowak makes a return to the defence in place of Pat Kanyuka in our only change from the last match. Sean Ellis is still a big miss and it's a real kick in the teeth he's out for three months. Still, we're doing well but can we continue that against Uniter? Steven Ross picking up a knock in the opening minutes isn't a good sign, not good at all! And still he scores!! Liam Caddis with the through ball and Ross with the composed finish, 1-0 Clyde. It's two!! Dylan Easton with the corner and it goes well wide but reaches Joe Thompson who crosses the ball back in only for it to deflect off of Blair Spittal and into the net. We take a great lead into the second half and despite being wary off it backfiring, Steven Ross is coming off. He's doing alright with the bruised ribs but I just don't want to risk anything with our main man. We don't actually have any other strikers at the moment so Caddis goes up top and Ryan McCord comes on to take his place in the centre of the park. It was the best outcome for us in the second half as the game fizzled out without a further goal scored. We are through to the next round! The young cousin Conor Bell was man of the match today which was nice to see. What wasn't nice to see was the confirmation that Ross will miss upto ten days of action. Not the worst news but as I've said, we've no other strikers! Our quarter final opponent's are Stranraer, one of only three teams to beat us this season.

View attachment 120388

View attachment 120387

@ChrisBurns99 - @RyanNicolson I don't get how the stats could be misleading? We won the game against the favourites, we bossed possession, had more shots and generally controlled the game from start to finish. What's misleading about that? Are you really a fan? #Deluded #ClydevsDunU

Last edited:
View attachment 120376
Monthly review

View attachment 120377
October turned out to be a really good month for us once again as we won four out of four matches and progressed to the quarter final of the Irn-Bru Challenge Cup. Amadeusz Skryzniak is having the season of his life as he kept another three clean sheets this month. He is now just one more clean sheet away from breaking a record and we've only just reached the start of November! Steven Ross had an unlucky month as he only managed to play ninety minutes between two games due to niggling injuries. One of our trialist's Liam Buchanan stepped up to the plate in our final game of the month though as we once again saw off St. Mirren. I want to play them every week! Aside from Skryzniak we didn't have any standout players this month but we showed how fantastic a team we have at the moment. The William Hill Scottish Cup draw was made this month and we will face our fellow League One side Brechin in an away tie. I am buzzing to say that I managed to finally get that ever elusive first place in the manager of the month awards. A really good month all round there and hopefully there's many more to come.

View attachment 120375

As much as the comment's may have dried up a little here I am happy to see that almost 5000 people have read this! I have this story posted on another website and the activity has dried up big time and while I have 5000 here there's just 678 over there! Still, I'm happy with almost 6000 readers :p I plan on making this a really long save so expect plenty more ;) It would be nice to get some new comments too :)

View attachment 120280

It's been more sadness and confusion than love and laughs for me these past few weeks as I finally feel that it might be time to break up with my boyfriend. We've been together for three years but I just feel like things have become really boring and mundane recently. In his job he practically works 24/7 and gives me no attention when he is at home. I've been trying to put it to the back of my mind for ages and I've just been pretending like everything is all fine but it really isn't. I don't know how much longer I can pretend, I'm so tired waking up alongside someone I'm growing to hate. He's not a bad person, although he has been in the past, infact he's such a thoughtful and kind person most of the time. I think he actually tries harder to be a better person because of his past. I can't see any way back for us and it's probably for the best if we split up I just can't seem to find the right time to do it. I finally make up my mind to do it this weekend and he books a weekend away for us! Maybe going away together will give us a chance to talk about things and decide the best way to end it.

View attachment 120278

View attachment 120276
Having made all the preparations for a weekend away with Georgia I was now getting very, very nervous. You see, This wasn't just a weekend away, oh no, I was preparing to ask my girlfriend to marry me! I had been thinking about it for a while and finally decided it was time to make my move. As we went for a romantic stroll through the snow filled streets I thought that this would be a really picturesque moment for me to propose. Here it goes; Georgia, this is something I've been wanting to ask you for a long time.. You have been an absolute rock for me these past three years, I really don't know what I would do without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to have kids with you, I want to grow old with you. I may not be perfect and for that matter you may not be either but I believe that we are perfect for each other. Will you marry me?

View attachment 120240
What do men do when they are heartbroken? We drink, we go to the strippers and we drink some more. I'm sorry it's just the way it is. I had laid out the perfect proposal for that woman I spent three years with and she turns me down? Who does that? She wasn't happy? Well why didn't she tell me? I swear, women drive me crazy. Always have done and probably always will do. I could have dealt with Georgia telling me she didn't want to be with me, I really could have but she didn't let on that there was a single problem between us. I thought things were going better than ever as she didn't seem to be moody or anything like that in the build up to the end. I guess that should've been a tale tail sign, women are always moody. There was only one way I could think of to recover from my broken heart and that was to turn to drink. And strippers. Pretty much on repeat. I was having a really good time of it until I was brought back down to earth with a text from John Alexander which read; "Chris, we need to talk. Come in to the office as soon as possible." Ohhh **** what now? "Sorry Stacey I've got to go right now, we can meet up later if you want? I asked my latest squeeze. Or the stripper from last night rather. I didn't wait around for an answer, what did John want?

This is very good, still constantly reading man!

This is very good, still constantly reading man!

Cheers mate, I've got quite a bit to catch up on with yours as I haven't been reading anything I've purely been writing and playing FM during my time off work! Got a couple I want to read through. Happy to have some regular readers!