"The Titan" <---> OLIVER KAHN is back!

xtremeRED

Reaction score
***OLIVER KAHN***

View attachment 241205

News from 2.Bundesliga, and Karlsruher Sport-Club have parted company with manager Markus Kauczinski.

Markus led the club to a 5th place finish in the previous season (2013-14) after seeing them relegated 2 years back, and subsequently bringing them up the previous year.

It has been 5 years since the club were last seen plying their trade in the top league in Germany, the Bundesliga competing against the likes of Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Schalke and others.

Chairman Ingo Wellenreuther believes it is the right time for change.

The club have expressed their gratitude to the departing Markus, and wish him best for the future.

Markus issued a statement while departing, and has thanked the club for everything. He also mentioned that the club should be in safe hands, with the supporters likely to be delighted with whoever replaces him.

Last edited:
Taking a look at the season preview... it is quiet clear that the club is not up to the scratch to compete at the top level as yet...
View attachment 241189

But... can things change?

It's not something that a manager likes to see, but well, then again, one can't even help it!

The amazing, amazing transfer fee and wage budget we are bestowed with, is something I have to deal with...

View attachment 241188

View attachment 241187
Karlsruher SC have confirmed their new manager, and the fans couldn't be happier.
The city of Karlsruhe at the moment is absolutely vibrant, and one might mistake the celebrations to be that of a team winning the 1.Bundesliga, or even the Champions League!

Without further delay, we present the new manager, a former player at the club, and an undisputed legend!

View attachment 241185

View attachment 241186

View attachment 241184

Reporter: Oliver, what do you have to say on returning to the club you started your career with?
Kahn: It's a proud, proud moment for me. The last few years I have studied coaching, collected my badges, and for most of you who do not know, I hold an MBA degree as well! so a few days ago while speaking to the chairman here, someone- I don't remember who raised this question whether I would like to lead this club... and as you can see, here I am!

Reporter: There's no doubt in this that you are a legend as a player. Does it make it difficult to adapt as a manager?
Kahn: That's something I would better answer at the end of this season (wink). We shall see how it goes.

Reporter: What about the ambition this season?
Kahn: The chairman, players, fans all want the best for the club, at the moment we will take things as they come, keeping our feet firmly on the ground, but looking up at the sky and hoping to soar and fly in a matter of time!

Reporter: All the very best, Oliver. Final words on transfers?
Kahn: I am yet to analyse this team, our strengths and weaknesses.. once we do that, you are sure to hear more from us.
(raising up, smiling) That should be all for today.

Oliver Kahn's 14 year old son has started playing for Karlsruhe...

View attachment 241178

David Kahn joins the club where his father started his career..

After Oliver Kahn split with his first wife, Simone, in 2003, Simone moved to England with children Katharina-Maria and David.

It's probably in his genes, as they say..
David started as a striker in his early days, but eventually moved to a deeper role in the midfield.
He can operate anywhere in the midfield or up front, and has been touted as one of the best footballers of his generation.
Uncertain about which nation he would play for, if the opportunity arises, he has thus far opted to represent the nation he grew up at.

Oliver Kahn is delighted to have his son at the club where he himself started, and more so, having his son at the club he is managing currently.

Last edited:
KAAAAAAHN!

(shakes fist at sky)

haha.. should be fun!

Good start! Looking forward to this.

Good luck.

thanks a lot mate.. still trying to learn about the club and players, and playing first time in this edition as a low league team, it's a task finding the right players at the moment, more so, the ones who would be available in my budget..

It's not something that a manager likes to see, but well, then again, one can't even help it!

The amazing, amazing transfer fee and wage budget we are bestowed with, is something I have to deal with...

View attachment 915104

Must of been a tough choice on what transfer budget to go with.

Best of luck with what should be a fun yet tough challenge.

David Khan looks like he can do a good job already. :) good luck with the story.

David Khan looks like he can do a good job already. :) good luck with the story.

created him in game through the editor.. a PA of about 190(Kahn's son deserves that, no?), the CA came out random..

I chose a top half finish coz the budgets are same throughout, and it'd be better to over achieve, than under achieve!

created him in game through the editor.. a PA of about 190(Kahn's son deserves that, no?), the CA came out random..

I chose a top half finish coz the budgets are same throughout, and it'd be better to over achieve, than under achieve!

Agreed i I think it's fair, I would of enjoyed seeing him as a GK too, just for his dad to be making comparisons to his he would of done it.

mind you some of the players who have famous dads are looking very good so far with the new update.

The Telegraph

Reported by Olwez DeLaayer

According to latest reports coming from Germany, newly appointed KSC coach Oliver Kahn is looking at an overhaul of his squad. What is surprising is that the team has next to nothing available as far as any spending budget is concerned.

We are told that Kahn is not convinced with the players and believes they need strengthening in key areas if KSC are to go against all odds in their bid to achieve promotion any time soon.

Our source revealed the board will clearly not provide for any funds for now, and Kahn will surely have to sell to buy.

We are even told that any player could be sold as long as the price is right, and KSC are definitely looking to offload some key players in order for Kahn to bring his own targets.

Last edited:
We are even told that any player could be sold as long as the price is right.

Everytime I see that, I cant help but hum this...

[video=youtube;13tnjh3dZw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13tnjh3dZw4[/video]

Anyway, lets hope Kahn Jr can live up to his dad's legacy..and help out his dad along the way! :D

Last edited:
Oliver Kahn has publicly hit out at the latest reports indicating that any, and every player at KSC is for sale.

Kahn issued the following statement via the club spokesperson:

KSC is a club looking forward. We want to improve, do better on the pitch, and do better as a club, and also as a business.
That means we want to keep our best players at the club.
What our budgets are, and our transfer targets, should remain undisclosed. As far as I am concerned, whoever "leaked" that information should be penalized.
No, we are not actively looking to sell any of our players.
Everyone here at the club want what is the best, and the players and fans should not worry about at reports indicating otherwise.

The source for that leak has not yet been found, but the investigation into the same is ongoing.

Some fans revealed they were astonished on reading the earlier reports the club was looking to offload any player.
However, a number of fans have come up with a list of players they want the club to bring in, if the club could generate a good budget selling some players.

Last edited:

Preseason friendlies- I just wanted to assess the team, find our strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately, plan out for the upcoming season- the targets we would need, and so on.
The problem at clubs in lower leagues that I have observed over my career is the lack of quality in depth in times of injuries, and that was something I needed to address.

For now, here is how our preseason happened.

View attachment 240419
And here is the result against Inglostadt, a strong team given the 2.Bundesliga. Happy with 2 wins in a row! (Missed taking Screenshot for the 1st game).
View attachment 240418

1st round in the cup.. The Board wants me to go at least into the 2nd round..It took us extra time to get the win, but at the end of the day, I'm sticking to Board expectations as far as the Cup is concerned!

The guys had a week to prepare after the Cup game for this match and inspite dominating the game, we just couldn't get another goal or two for a positive result!
View attachment 240415

Much, much better performance. 3 points, and total domination! KAHN CAN!