"The Titan" <---> OLIVER KAHN is back!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2019

KARLSRUHE vs MANCHESTER UNITED

This was the line up I went with... A few players not in their preferred positions, but it was 'coz I was looking to confuse the United defence- roaming players, interchanging positions, etc etc...
View attachment 223856

The line up seemed to be a bad one, as we were down 2-0 at half time! Off went Venancio, in came Marcelo. Calhanoglu went up at AOC's place, AOC at right midfield, Sallahi up at left midfield, and Marcelo at DL...
And what happened??
View attachment 223855
A miraculous come back, probably even better than Liverpool at Istanbul! We were huge under dogs, and at 2-0 down, everyone probably thought we were out, and that our lucky run came to an end!
No luck here- we are hard workers! And we have done it!

View attachment 223854

View attachment 223853

Gaudino, Martial, Bonazzoli, Benzema & Lucas Moura are some of the senior players coming in... Not regular starters, they would be back up and rotation options..
Glen Barnett is a talented English CB, and he'll be a backup as well..
And the other 15 players coming in out of 21 are young players for the II team and youth set up..
Benzema came on a free on okayish wages, Lucas Moura was wasted at Chelsea so I bought him for the wings, Gianluca Gaudino is a talented midfielder, out of reckoning at Bayern, and he came for a very low price... Bonazzoli and Martial were available cheaply, and are good back ups.. The rest are youngsters I scoured over time, and deals were agreed for a fair number of them like years ago.. If they make it here, awesome.. If not, they'll be moved on having learnt from our coaches in that time!

Last edited:
Kahn Jr... He's only 15! And he is ineligible to play this season.. not sure if he can even play in the next!
View attachment 948892

in Germans Bundesliga a player is eligible to play when his 17th birthday is in the starting year of the season

(hope you understand my english, it s a complicate fact)

his birthday : 03/07/2003 - eligible from season 2020/21

other examples:
birthday 01/01/2003 - eligible from season 2020/21 (-> not from winter break 2019/20 !, even he is 17 then)
birthday 31/12/2002 - eligible from season 2019/20 (-> even he is only 16 at season start)

Last edited:
in Germans Bundesliga a player is eligible to play when his 17th birthday is in the starting year of the season

(hope you understand my english, it s a complicate fact)

his birthday : 03/07/2003 - eligible from season 2020/21

other examples:
birthday 01/01/2003 - eligible from season 2020/21 (-> not from winter break 2019/20 !, even he is 17 then)
birthday 31/12/2002 - eligible from season 2019/20 (-> even he is only 16 at season start)

not sure how I missed your post..

thanks for the info.. I checked that out on the net sometime ago, and was wondering whether going into his 17th year Kahn would be eligible to play, but it wasn't to be..

The rules state that players must be 17 as on 01/01/xxxx , ie, by 1st of January in the season we are talking about... and blah blah blah.. so in short, Kahn was not able to play in the league this season...

THOUGH.........

he has made his debut in the CL! & played a number of games in the CL..
and leads the table of key passes going into the QF's! And also, has the highest rating of all players in the CL..

updates later..