The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Here's a question. Even if Redknapp doesnt get the England job, do you still see him at the club next season?

I'm not entirely sure he'll last the entire season, Levy's got quite a jerky knee and if results don't pick up soon, and we have some very difficult fixtures coming up, heads could roll. There's also the imminent court case, but he's likely to stay out of jail with that. I can't really see him at the club next season, if he doesn't get backed and his relationship with Levy does't improve then it's only a matter of time.

What's wrong with some profit? Arsenal make loads, and you normally make losses via transfers (correct me if I'm wrong). Also, aren't you in debt? I agree with most of your points, though.

We're usually very steady with our net spend and the only season(s) that we've spent big are when we were in relegation trouble and that was funded by the Keane and Berbatov money.

No, we're not in debt, not with Levy as our chairmen, very well run club.

No set return date still, unfortunately.

Christ, Dawson and Kaboul it is.

I'm not entirely sure he'll last the entire season, Levy's got quite a jerky knee and if results don't pick up soon, and we have some very difficult fixtures coming up, heads could roll. There's also the imminent court case, but he's likely to stay out of jail with that. I can't really see him at the club next season, if he doesn't get backed and his relationship with Levy does't improve then it's only a matter of time.

We're usually very steady with our net spend and the only season(s) that we've spent big are when we were in relegation trouble and that was funded by the Keane and Berbatov money.

No, we're not in debt, not with Levy as our chairmen, very well run club.

Christ, Dawson and Kaboul it is.
No debt? Wow, basically all successful clubs have debt. My bad, but I agree Levy is a good chairman just sometimes making bad managerial appointments!

What on earth is 'good old Arry' going to do with Giovanni?

I can't remember him giving him one start/game for him and I have no idea why...

Since he's still there and over 21 do you think he will put him in his 25 man squad?

His only option is a loan to a Championship club until January if he doesn't make it, can't understand why Harry doesn't like him.

What on earth is 'good old Arry' going to do with Giovanni?

I can't remember him giving him one start/game for him and I have no idea why...

Since he's still there and over 21 do you think he will put him in his 25 man squad?

His only option is a loan to a Championship club until January if he doesn't make it, can't understand why Harry doesn't like him.

Should be registered in the squad, we have an empty space (or two) now.

I'm not even sure if Giovani is registered in our squad at the moment. Haven't seen hide nor hair of him anywhere.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out whether or not Rose and Walker and free squad picks this year as they are both 21. Though you might have had to be born at the latest January 1990 to be qualified as a free pick but i'm not sure.

Fantastic article.

Agree wholeheartedly with the entire thing. I honestly can't fault it.

The main highlight for me, was regarding Redknapp's rants towards the fans. That was the point of no-return for many of us.

Saw the article a couple of days ago. Absolutely spot on.

I find the constant reminder (As cloaked as it may be) to this whole Spurs thing being down to him essentially. I mean if you played a drinking game with 1 bottle of vodka every time he said ''You know when I came in we were bottom of the Premier League'' I guarantee you would be dead within 13 weeks, he says it EVERY week.

I mean don't get me wrong the top four was an amazing achievement but his W/L record is almost identical to Juande Ramos (Who won a trophy) and Ramos got crucified and Harry gets praised left right and centre.

My thoughts on Harry Redknapp are he would make the best club director of football in the world. No doubt about it, imagine him at Real Madrid wheeling and dealing for Jose with a 60m budget...

I find the constant reminder (As cloaked as it may be) to this whole Spurs thing being down to him essentially. I mean if you played a drinking game with 1 bottle of vodka every time he said ''You know when I came in we were bottom of the Premier League'' I guarantee you would be dead within 13 weeks, he says it EVERY week.

I mean don't get me wrong the top four was an amazing achievement but his W/L record is almost identical to Juande Ramos (Who won a trophy) and Ramos got crucified and Harry gets praised left right and centre.

My thoughts on Harry Redknapp are he would make the best club director of football in the world. No doubt about it, imagine him at Real Madrid wheeling and dealing for Jose with a 60m budget...

No thanks, he can't commit to big money spending.

Speaking of DoF's, we desperately need one, we used to get all our business done early in the window and under Arneson/Comolli we brought in players such as Berbatov, Modric, Dawson, Lennon, Huddlestone, Bale, BAE etc...

Ancelotti + a DoF next season for me please.

No thanks, he can't commit to big money spending.

Speaking of DoF's, we desperately need one, we used to get all our business done early in the window and under Arneson/Comolli we brought in players such as Berbatov, Modric, Dawson, Lennon, Huddlestone, Bale, BAE etc...

Ancelotti + a DoF next season for me please.

I was about to mention Carlo, there's a man who can take Spurs places

Think I'll stick the link for that article in the OP. Thanks Jamie.

I mean if you played a drinking game with 1 bottle of vodka every time he said ''You know when I came in we were bottom of the Premier League'' I guarantee you would be dead within 13 weeks, he says it EVERY week..

and dont forget 2 points 8 games lol

The existing thread was depressingly bare-bones, and didn't warrant much interest.I have spoken to Lee, and he has agreed to merge the existing posts from Sam's thread with this one, so they don't get overlooked and I can maintain and update the OP frequently.
No probs, I agree it was very plain though this is awesome. Feel I should get credited though ;)

No probs, I agree it was very plain though this is awesome. Feel I should get credited though ;)

Still waiting for Lee to merge the previous thread posts with this one, if he still plans to.

actually is a great article, thanks for posting

I remember talk of Roy Hodgson succeeding him in one of the papers...

I think Spurs policy of youth (Gio, Coulibaly etc) and Levy's policy of young players is completely polar opposite to Harrys of bargain buys and wheeler dealing.

Carlo would be good, Luis Enrique would be better is he's available.

Interested on your thoughts on this superb piece on Harry Redknapp and his time at Spurs/Media bias towards him.

I think it's an excellent piece and there really isn't much I can disagree with in it, interested in Spurs fans thoughts...

Why Harry Redknapp is no longer the manager to take Spurs forward | One in the Hole Blog

I mean let's face it we all know Harry has never heard of Car windows actually being wound up...

Great article, agreed with it all especially the tactic sub-section