The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Agree with GodCubed, in fact I tweeted the exact thing earlier.

Said that it opens up the chance for Kranjcar to go just behind the striker with Modric + Thudd/Parker behind in the two CM roles. Or if Redknapp is feeling really generous, give Giovani Dos Santos some games there. It's usually where he plays for Mexico and he does wonders for them. His pace and dribbling ability could be letahl alongside Adebayor.

My team for Wolves:

----------Friedal
Walker Dawson Kabs BAE
-----Modric--Parker------
Giovani-------------Bale
---Adebayor---Defoe---

so has Gomes been droped or is he just injured?

Ha no wonder Brad is 2x the better GK :)

Im still not totally sure who's better tbh, because i've noticed that Brad rarely comes off his line to deal with crosses, putting more pressure on the defence, but Gomes normally attempt to come to relieve the pressure from the defence, but when he doesn't get there, gets slaughtered. Give it a few more games and we'll find out.

Im still not totally sure who's better tbh, because i've noticed that Brad rarely comes off his line to deal with crosses, putting more pressure on the defence, but Gomes normally attempt to come to relieve the pressure from the defence, but when he doesn't get there, gets slaughtered. Give it a few more games and we'll find out.

Brad's only problems are that, and he can't save penalties for ****. Excellent shot-stopper and one of the most reliable keepers in Prem history, but has a bit of trouble with crosses.

If Gomes will stop being so mistake prone, I'd rate him being one of the best goalkeepers in Premier League.

My team for Wolves match, which should be a 3 pointer.

Friedel
Corluka - Dawson - Gallas (not updated with injuries) - BAE
Parker - Huddlestone
Dos Santos - Modric - Bale
Adebayor.

If Gomes will stop being so mistake prone, I'd rate him being one of the best goalkeepers in Premier League.

My team for Wolves match, which should be a 3 pointer.

Friedel
Corluka - Dawson - Gallas (not updated with injuries) - BAE
Parker - Huddlestone
Dos Santos - Modric - Bale
Adebayor.

Might not be a bad idea to employ two holding players (although Huddlestone is far from a traditional ball winner) in the sense that we're coming off the back of two league losses and are playing away against Wolves.

Friedel
Walker Dawson Kaboul Assou-Ekotto
Parker Huddlestone
Giovani Modric Bale
Adebayor​

I would trade Walker in for Corluka in your team, since the two holding players will provide sufficient defence to allow an attacking full back into the side. I also know that Gallas won't play, so Dawson and Kaboul get the nod.

Why Walker? He has been **** with United and he can't defend at all.
Kaboul? I'd rather give Bassong a chance.

Well done on basing your opinion of Walker on one game against United when he was ill.

WTF! Walker will prove to be fantastic signing for us, seriously, he has had a bad start to the season, being ill etc, but he will only get better. At QPR and Villa last season he was superb and fully merited his England call up earlier this season. Just as a QPR or Villa fan if they would have him back this season/ sign him full time, they’d rip your arm off!

Through no fault of his own (blame Redknapp, Bassong's confidence is nonexistent!!!!!!

Also Frutty, re your earlier comment that we're ****** with VDV injured, while I cannot argue he is pure class on the pitch, I think we're anything but ****** with him out. When VDV plays, Spurs tailor their game to suit VDV style of play, even giving him a free role if he goes RM in a 4-4-2, which has never worked for us or him (with exception of Ar$eholes 3-3 at home last season)

With VDV out, it will allow us a more balanced style of play, which hopefully when VDV returns, will mean he comes back to a side on a unbeaten streak and full of confidence, allowing him a more expansive style of play.

Also, get well soon Rafa!

Well what kind of illness he had then?

Alright, you're nit picking, you know what I meant man. Fine, get back playing soon Rafa........

Anyway, back on point, ******* GREAT news re Sandro!!!!!! I was saying earlier of rumours he wasn't settling well to life in London, then the talk of Roma coming in for him over this week, I was concerned. But for the lad to sign a 5 year deal (ok contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on nowadays, but at least we won't lose out in transfer deal for him) that is declaration of intent by both club and the player. Sandro is someone we can build around!!!!!!

Alright, you're nit picking, you know what I meant man. Fine, get back playing soon Rafa........

Anyway, back on point, ******* GREAT news re Sandro!!!!!! I was saying earlier of rumours he wasn't settling well to life in London, then the talk of Roma coming in for him over this week, I was concerned. But for the lad to sign a 5 year deal (ok contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on nowadays, but at least we won't lose out in transfer deal for him) that is declaration of intent by both club and the player. Sandro is someone we can build around!!!!!!

Sandro would have seen what happened to Modric this summer, so he would well know not to sign a long term deal if he had an intention of quirking out of it within a year. Fantastic news, my favourite player.

Also good knows on Gallas, Redknapp said he should be back in a couple of weeks, was fearing it could be a long term injury. Parker and Adebayor also to play against Wolves.

We need a win against Wolves to get back on the track.

Adebayor, Parker and Ledley King all start for Spurs.

TEAM NEWS - Harry Redknapp makes five changes from our last outing against City back on August 28. Emmanuel Adebayor and Scott Parker come in for their debuts and Ledley King returns with Michael Dawson picking up an injury. Kyle Walker is in for Vedran Corluka and Jermain Defoe forms a new-look strike partnership with Adebayor. Youngster Yago Falque, on loan from Juventus, is on the bench for the first time.

STARTING XI - Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Kranjcar, Modric, Parker, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe.

SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Yago Falque, Giovani, Livermore, Townsend, Pavlyuchenko.

Lol, poor Dos Santos played two minutes plus extra time... Should be given more time... Anyway, how has Walker been? I wasn't at home and I didn't see the match.
Still, pleased with the three points, also glad to see Adebayor scoring a goal.

- We go back to 4-4-2 and we win away from home, against our bogey team, 2-0.

- We sign a striker, and revert back to two up-front, and suddenly both our strikers score our goals rather than our midfield as usual.

- Ledley King returns to the line-up and we keep a clean sheet. Remember, his last match for us was a 2-0 win over Liverpool; another clean sheet.

Coincidences perhaps, but notice a pattern?