The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might accept as we have Gibbs

Real Madrid and Arsenal are considering a swap deal involving full-back Gael Clichy going to Spain in exchange for forward Karim Benzema.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

I wouldn't, who have we got covering Gibbs? Cruise? We don't need attackers, we need defensive players.

Arsenal in pole position to land Freiburg's £10m striker Papiss Demba Cisse

Arsenal have emerged as leading contenders to sign £10 million-rated SC Freiburg striker Papiss Demba Cisse

Cisse, who wants a move to a Championshttp://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-pole-position-to-land-freiburgs-10m-striker# League-calibre English club next summer, is joint top goalscorer in the Bundesliga this season with 13 goals.

But the Senegal international, 25, has set his sights on a move abroad.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...n-pole-position-to-land-freiburgs-10m-striker

Arsenal in pole position to land Freiburg's £10m striker Papiss Demba Cisse

Arsenal have emerged as leading contenders to sign £10 million-rated SC Freiburg striker Papiss Demba Cisse

Cisse, who wants a move to a Championshttp://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-pole-position-to-land-freiburgs-10m-striker# League-calibre English club next summer, is joint top goalscorer in the Bundesliga this season with 13 goals.

But the Senegal international, 25, has set his sights on a move abroad.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...n-pole-position-to-land-freiburgs-10m-striker

Don't believe stories on Goal....

What is so bad about Goal.Com ? Its the website I use for football but more about the Articles they do on the matchs and also the special articles about whats going on in football at that time,

But I don't read to much into their transfer rumours as some of them are laughable

Tottenham being linked with every player and their pet cat I see.

Isnt goal like some soppy football film set in newcastle?

Movie : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal!_(film)

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

What is so bad about Goal.Com ? Its the website I use for football but more about the Articles they do on the matchs and also the special articles about whats going on in football at that time,

But I don't read to much into their transfer rumours as some of them are laughable

Goal.com isn't a bad website about football, but it's not reliable, sort of speak ..

It does write good technical articles about crucial arguments like offside law and transfer policy, but transfer wise its best to look elsewhere due to amount of 'sewage' pumped into their transfer section, which is why I stick to ESPN
Basically magazine wise I'm more of a Four Four Two kind of guy (H)

I might accept as we have Gibbs

Real Madrid and Arsenal are considering a swap deal involving full-back Gael Clichy going to Spain in exchange for forward Karim Benzema.
Full story: caughtoffside.com
With Kieran's injury record, we would be needing to bring in another left back as well.

Don't need Benzema anyway, already have enough good strikers.

PSV forward Ola Toivonen has said he would love to play for Newcastle, amid speculation over a possible move to England next month.SkySports

The question is just what the underlying reason, but Red Bull Salzburg announced Tuesday that Thierry Henry coming to the club in Austria. The former Arsenal striker and Barcelona will be coming to Salzburg during a press conference in more detail.

Media in Austria to keep in mind that the French star player may temporarily for Red Bull is football, Henry is under contract with sister club Red Bull New York in the United States, but after the winter break to do nothing because the competition in North America for has ended.
The club from Salzburg has already announced that a final transfer will be absent, but it is possible that Henry is playing football some time in Austria, in March begins again until the next edition of the Major League Soccer on. David Beckham, playing for Los Angeles Galaxy, made the past two seasons, a similar step and played briefly for AC Milan.

IN dutch http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=131589

Dani Alves To Premiership?

As Dani Alves’ contract talks have broken down, it could be either of the two Manchester clubs that benefit. Alves – one of the premier right backs in the world – is contracted until the summer of 2012 but in negotiating an improved contract extension, it seems that Alves has lost faith in the Barca boardroom to satisfy his demands. And as he hasn’t yet ruled out an exit from Barcelona, could United or City derail Barca’s march to Champions League glory?
With rumours of Pep Guardiola’s possible departure from the Catalan giants next summer, it looks as if Alves may look for pastures new and the allure of the Premiership, and with City being able to tempt him away with a huge pay packet and tempt Barca to sell with a huge transfer fee it could be too hard to resist. Could he go the same way as Yaya Toure? And does this signal a power shift not only in Manchester but in world football, as Man City overtake their close rivals and Barcelona, the world’s best club?
If it’s down to football, it seems like a no-brainer. Stay at Barca Dani, it doesn’t get better than that. Or if you want to come to England, join Utd and don’t join City. The latter are a flash in the pan and once the oil runs dry and the money runs out, they won’t be around forever. If it’s money you want, then welcome to Eastlands (H)
Dani_Alves.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:45 AM ----------

Here is some confirmed movement with article links:

Athletico seal a move to sign Mendes, a 25 year old corinthians defender who holds a couple of brazil full caps to his name- Here

Real Mallorca have confirmed they have signed Japanese midfielder Akihiro Ienaga on a five-year contract- Here

Top striker Doumbia has already stated his intent to join the premier league after failing to settle in the russian capital- Here

Young belgian prospect Eden Hazard again re iterrates his desire to join Arsenal either in January or at the end of the season, his current contract is thought to be a timeline of which the club decided and they will be accepting offers in the summer to recoup their investment and rebuild the team with the immenent departure of their big stars- Here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back