The Truth About Cristiano Ronaldo That Few Know

Got nothing against him particularly, but i think a lot of people used to dislike him

If its because of WC 06 and Euro04 then havent you heard of forgive and forget?

It just shows that footballers are just like you and me, they are real people that have real values.
The real ***** of football, will still have huge hearts in the right place.
Absolutely fair play to him!

I remember seeing a story a few years ago about Ronaldo, and that he dedicates every goal to his dad, and it means so much to him when he scores every goal. The first thing he thinks about is his dad, the pointing to the sky is a tribute.

I think we all get too encapsulated with the football side of football at times.

lots of players are different off the pitch than on it. good on him. touching story.

Most footballers are decent guys off the pitch. On the pitch he's a little ***** and it rubs off on people that that's how he acts all the time.

most people hate ronaldo because they jealous he was brought up in such a rough area and now has made a name for him self people should think before you judge hes a top player top idol r.i.p Brandon

the ****** i mean the winker lol and driver and that coming from a man utd fan

Last edited:

For the above reason oO)

99% of footballers do stuff behind the scenes that they don't get credit for (and most don't seek credit for it).

For example, Eric Cantona, in the middle of the kung-fu kick nonsense, went out of his way to meet my brother in hospital who had cancer and it made his day. It didn't make the papers at the time for obvious reasons but the King is a true legend. Brucie was there too. Legends.

Ronaldo put a smile on a face of someone who was dieing. Did you even take 10 minutes to read the ****** thing?

Before I read this I thought the guy was a total ******, and as I footballer I still think that. But my opinion of him has a person has changed. Not many people would have done what he did, fair play to him.

For the above reason oO)

99% of footballers do stuff behind the scenes that they don't get credit for (and most don't seek credit for it).

For example, Eric Cantona, in the middle of the kung-fu kick nonsense, went out of his way to meet my brother in hospital who had cancer and it made his day. It didn't make the papers at the time for obvious reasons but the King is a true legend. Brucie was there too. Legends.

Spot on that. There's players who do a lot of community work off their own bat - managers too. Rafa bought a local community project a minibus out of his own pocket, Dirk Kuyt does so much work for so many good causes - his wife still works as a nurse too, Carra goes out of his way to help people out (one Liverpool fan got stuck in Japan during the World Club Championship and Carra organised a whip round amongst the players to pay for him to get home), both Fowler and Macmanananananaam donated a lot of money to striking dockers etc. etc.

Nice to see Ronaldo is human too and is willing to do a little bit for other people.

Oguchi Onyewu gave up a years wages,
Matt Le Tissier is constantly going to Africa to help people
Abdi Ibrahim, Shaun Wright Phillips, and roque santa cruz recently went to The slums of manchester to help less fortunate kids, it happens all the time, not taking away ronaldos credit though

Maybe to do with the fact he sent a sick kid, some signed matchday boots, his signed shirt from the game versus Chelsea and also a message from Ronaldo saying how sorry he was to here this. But we must remember footballers get remembered mostly for what they do `on the pitch` so in my idea everytime he plays against English fans he will get boo'd.

You know I don't appreciate this. I was just fine thinking he was a ****. :p

Well, let me just say that what he did was really really classy and honestly has changed my opinion of him. What a genuinely good thing he did there.

I agree with everyone saying that a lot of other footballers and sportsmen and women do it too, but for me, what makes this incredible is that he does it almost entirely off his own back, as in a lot of footballers get together and help out in the community with disabled or less fortunate children, but usually that's because the club has a charity it sponsers every year (like Arsenal's this year is Ormond Street Hospital and they had an auction where players bought things like a signed Jay-Z shirt for £25,000!!!) not because they feel the genuine, perhaps random need to help people, but obviously it's still really good that in a sport which has been globalized so much, and can get quite ugly at times on the pitch, or off it with rumours and corruption (Italy) etc. there are people who go and help behind the scenes, whether its a club project or an individual thing..

To be honest, the same would probably happen to anyone and there idol if there idol was contacted...Unless their a complete evil **** that is. **** me all he did was sign some stuff make a telephone call and send a text, from his "busy" schedule and now you speak of him like hes new founded saint.

I read this a week back, I wanted to post this when someone opened thread to condemn him but was not arsed to prove anything here. Many players told him how good he is, but lot of people believe Media bullshit rather than the one who worked with him and voice their opinion.

Most footballers are decent guys off the pitch. On the pitch he's a little ***** and it rubs off on people that that's how he acts all the time.

I wouldn't say most footballers tbh, especially the younger players.

Anyway, well done Ronaldo, good on you.