The UK Politics Thread

I honestly think this bit has been blown out of proportion. It doesnt look good that he's back tracked but I think this whole idea was just worded wrongly in the first place.

By not being in the EU, we are supposed to save £350m a week. So theoretically this £350m COULD be spent on the NHS. That was their point. The NHS was the biggest stand point they could use, but they worded the whole thing wrong. The whole of that £350m each week isnt going to go to the NHS, but lets say £150m a week did, with £100m on schools and £100m on housing. Just examples but you get my point.

When everything dies down, and new links to Europe are put in place, lets see where all this money goes. If it does go into the NHS and School's, and we can actually see a difference the money is making in normal average person terms (getting hospital/GP appointments quicker, children getting their first choice school places, tighter immigration), then people will be a lot happier.

The fact that you genuinely seem to think any of this might happen is quite sad. This wasn't a vote for change, this wasn't a vote to stop being stomped on, it was a vote on which colour boot you wanted to do the stomping. It's a simple devolution of power from the EU back to our own government, who have demonstrably proved themselves to be utter *****.

There is literally a champagne brunch going on at the Mandarin Oriental right now where people are laughing at you for this actually falling for this bullshit. PRs are ordering magnums of the stuff, unable to believe that the general populace is genuinely this stupid. The worst part is, it actually is sort of funny, in a dark way. The vast majority of the people that voted for this are the ones that will get shafted by the negative consequences, all so they could feel the illusion of control.

Last edited:
But here is the thing their wont be any money, or if there is it wont be anywhere near the sum of 350m, it was all based on a lie and misinformation. Putting what we paid in and got back out in trade and subsidies for just a moment the renegotiation of the trade bill with Europe will cost money and given what Norway paid when they renegotiated their trade deal we will pay not far off the same what we pay now except we will have none of the say in Europe.

We also won't have tighter immigration if we sign up to a new trade deal with Europe as one of the pre-requisites for signing up is that you sign up to have the freedom of movement within your nation, also take this from someone who has seen first hand what is going on in the NHS you wont get appointments quicker because we have left Europe, that has zero impact on it. The reason people struggle with healthcare is because of the blue bastards in charge not because a polish person came here to work in a factory and pay tax into our system.

England/Britain is one of the most powerful countries in the world. Just because we have voted out of the EU shouldnt change the fact that countries will still want to be our "friend" and keep good relations. I think its all being blown out of proportion. Countries will still want to trade with Britain, EU or no EU. Countries will still want to align themselves with Britain, EU or no EU.

Why cant we base a new trade deal on OUR terms? The pre-requisites shouldnt apply. If we still want to trade with Europe, and Europe still want to trade with us, there will be a deal that suits all parties surely.

The biggest share price losses were Wimpy Taylor & Barclay Homes, at ~40%, which means the markets are expecting a housing crash

Oh ****, I might finally be able to afford to buy a cupboard of my very own. Silver linings and all.

Oh ****, I might finally be able to afford to buy a cupboard of my very own. Silver linings and all.

I'll be getting new ones soon-can just send you my spares. In pretty good nick. Only £20 lol

Seriously? National Health Service

I'm sorry, I'm not from the UK... You hurt my feelings mate :(:(:'(
Just trying to keep up to date what the people from the UK think about this.

Anyways, I heard that Scotland, N-Ireland and Wales? all voted to remain, is that correct?

Got to take a special moment to applaud Wales though. Huge benefits from being in the EU, yet they just voted themselves out. Good luck getting 1/10th of that money from the government. XD

I'm sorry, I'm not from the UK... You hurt my feelings mate :(:(:'(
Just trying to keep up to date what the people from the UK think about this.

Anyways, I heard that Scotland, N-Ireland and Wales? all voted to remain, is that correct?

Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain, Wales voted to go.

Got to take a special moment to applaud Wales though. Huge benefits from being in the EU, yet they just voted themselves out. Good luck getting 1/10th of that money from the government. XD

Deprived areas in West Wales benefit from receiving high levels of EU aid, with Wales receiving nearly £2.5bn in structural funds between 2014 and 2020.

XD

England/Britain is one of the most powerful countries in the world. Just because we have voted out of the EU shouldnt change the fact that countries will still want to be our "friend" and keep good relations. I think its all being blown out of proportion. Countries will still want to trade with Britain, EU or no EU. Countries will still want to align themselves with Britain, EU or no EU.

Why cant we base a new trade deal on OUR terms? The pre-requisites shouldnt apply. If we still want to trade with Europe, and Europe still want to trade with us, there will be a deal that suits all parties surely.

Unfortunately not. Britain has always been a country that has historically punched far above its weight in the international arena. A large reason why they were able to do so is because they were one of the leaders in the EU and had the backing of a bloc of European countries. An FTA with Britain will not be very high on the priority list for most countries as Obama already mentioned and without the EU, Britain has very little bargaining power as well.

We also won't have tighter immigration if we sign up to a new trade deal with Europe as one of the pre-requisites for signing up is that you sign up to have the freedom of movement.

Indeed. Its laughable that despite this, people still fell for the whole 'we will limit immigration' line from the Leave campaigners

Great speech from the Scottish First Minister.

That's them gone from the Union then.

YAY for the 'stronger' UK!

[video=youtube;dqG6xtWnUXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqG6xtWnUXI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jeremy Corbyn is now paying the price for this.

A motion of no confidence has just been issued

I really like Corbyn i'll be very disappointed if he goes, too many people put too much stock in the red top assassination of him (the main culprit being owned by a tory party donater go figure). Politics in this country has devolved into this ****** Americanised system where it all goes on personality and x-factor, when really it should be about policy. He was trying to get Labour back to the left where they belonged, if he goes god knows who comes in but we cant have a Blairite centre/centre right Labour party again that would just be too much to stomach

Last edited:

Calm down gramps, it was just 2 MPs. Getting rid of Corbyn at this point would be suicidal for Labour.