The UK Politics Thread

Calm down gramps, it was just 2 MPs. Getting rid of Corbyn at this point would be suicidal for Labour.

I'm not bothered personally-he's pro getting rid of our nuclear defence so that's an epic sized no no from me. I won't attack him though on a personal level as I don't know enough of him so it would be detrimental on my part. But I'd be stunned if he went after such a short amount of time in being charge

Got to take a special moment to applaud Wales though. Huge benefits from being in the EU, yet they just voted themselves out. Good luck getting 1/10th of that money from the government. XD

Deprived areas in West Wales benefit from receiving high levels of EU aid, with Wales receiving nearly £2.5bn in structural funds between 2014 and 2020.

XD

The same as the farmers voting to leave ..... who's going to give you your subsides now? ..... Oh yeah, it'll come out of that £350 million we (never) have to save rig ..... DOH!

The complete base stupidity of what SO many have done here to themselves is astounding.

Last edited:
The same as the farmers voting to leave ..... who's going to give you your subsides now? ..... Oh yeah, it'll come out of that £350 million we (never) had to save rig ..... DOH!

Then the complete base stupidity of what SO many have done here is astounding.

Move to Dublin Scouse ;) It's full of Liverpool fans anyway, so you'll feel right at home XD

Move to Dublin Scouse ;) It's full of Liverpool fans anyway, so you'll feel right at home XD

Serious question. Where does that leave you and the North now? Presumably borders will have to go back up?

Serious question. Where does that leave you and the North now? Presumably borders will have to go back up?

They will have to have a long look at the implications of putting up a hard border again.
I grew up having to go through a border (in my own country) policed by the British army carrying FN rifles.
I'm certain that neither side wants to see that again (and the inevitable trouble it would cause).

The same as the farmers voting to leave ..... who's going to give you your subsides now? ..... Oh yeah, it'll come out of that £350 million we (never) had to save rig ..... DOH!

Then the complete base stupidity of what SO many have done here is astounding.

But is it stupid? Perhaps from your point of view it is, but quite clearly from theirs it isn't. Take one of my best friends for example, he's a fisherman, he comes from a vast family of fishermen, they all voted to leave. Why is that? Because of policies put in place by the EU, particularly the CFP (Common Fisheries Policy) and they firmly believe that these policies are threatening their livelihoods. Now I'm not saying their vote to leave was the right decision but I completely understand why they voted to leave.

Cornwall can just sod off, just saying. You reap what you sow, end of.

If there's one thing that really triggers me it's arrogance/ignorance

The English league will suffer from this. Mark my words.

The English league will suffer from this. Mark my words.

If this happened few years back, majority of the foreign talent wouldn't be playing right now

Cornwall can just sod off, just saying. You reap what you sow, end of.

If there's one thing that really triggers me it's arrogance/ignorance

"ajt09
icon_supports.png
Nice Guy Gramps "

All lies!

Maybe a blessing in disguise as we'll concentrate more on home grown players??

Not necessarily. Our homegrown talent is already scarce, therefore we've been supplementing talent by looking overseas. BUT-if there is a drop of quality in the leagues, it will be less attractive for world renowned players to come over, which in a way can impact the learning of younger home grown talent. As a result, quality of football drops, less people go to the games and watch on TV instead, revenue drops which impacts clubs who aren't rich and so on. Like a continuous ripple effect.

Not necessarily. Our homegrown talent is already scarce, therefore we've been supplementing talent by looking overseas. BUT-if there is a drop of quality in the leagues, it will be less attractive for world renowned players to come over, which in a way can impact the learning of younger home grown talent. As a result, quality of football drops, less people go to the games and watch on TV instead, revenue drops which impacts clubs who aren't rich and so on. Like a continuous ripple effect.
Yeah I get you. Dark times.

The one thing that this leave decision has reminded me of is just how laughable panicky traders can be. They dumped the pound to 1985 rates overnight (sell, sell, sell!!) but now it's back to February 2016 rates, whilst continuing to climb. All the while the FTSE 100 is back to what it was last week.

You can look at it in another optimistic way. Now that they no longer have the ability to sign kids when they are under 18, EPL clubs have greater incentive to focus on and develop their home-grown talent rather than look for cheap and easy solutions from abroad.

I also doubt that leaving the EU might have much impact on the league. We will still have the best overseas players coming here and hopefully exceptions are made for players of 'immense ability' who have not played the requisite number of games for their national team for whatever reason to get a work permit. Someone like De Gea for example will benefit from this. Sure we will miss out on some underdog stories like Michu or Kante rising to the fore but thats okay.

In return, we have clubs focusing more on developing home-grown talent and bringing them to the first team which will be excellent for the National Team.