Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

The 'Unknown Superstar' Challange

Reaction score
"This kid... his different. His not the best striker, midfielder or defender. Many other players are better than him technically. But his one of the most hard-working, determined and most importantly, ambitious youngster I have ever seen. He doesn't just want to be a player, he wants to be the BEST player. A born-leader. I would keep an eye on him. His going to be special one day with a mentality like that."
-Oliver Bierhoff, probably the best scout on FM 11​

-------

As the new recruits to the Nottingham County under 21's come in, one player shines out of the rest. Not because he can score 30 goals. Not because he can always provide that pin-point pass. Not because he can tackle and always be successful. But because he is the most hard working youngster out of the group. He is special; if you give him the right path, he can become a world-beater. And it's your job as the manager to give this lad the path.

So, who is this kid I'm talking about? Steven Ball. Here's what one of the coaches rates his abilities:

The challenge is how far you can develop this gem. Because I don't want everyone doing a straight-forward CM all the time, I have made a list of positions you can be. Here are the positions:

LB:
CB: LgsLord32
RB:

RW: dwight369
CM: ajr18
CDM: AnIrishTrueBlue
CAM: I7IDanny
LW: huggleman

ST: Wilko_Wolves
ST: The Genie

Please if you want to take part in this challange, choose one of the open spaces.

Here's the save game - HERE

The challenge finishes when the player reaches the age of 26. When that happens post a screenshot with his stats, history and coach/scout report.

If you ever move clubs BUY THE PLAYER ASAP. I would advise you not to but just in case you do, buy the youngster. Otherwise there won't be the point of the challenge..

Every year (game time), please update us with the player and playing stats and the specific training screen that the player has improved on the most.

Finally, enjoy. This is a long-term challenge but I wanted to make it fun and something different for a change.

Leagues Loaded - England (Up to Blue Square Premier), Spain (Up to Liga adelante), Germany (Up to Second Divison), Portugal (View-Only), Italy (View-Only), France (View-Only)

P.S. Can anyone help me with the scoring? I can't figure how to score the outcome of this challange :$​

Last edited:

Sid

Reaction score
Very good and imaginative challenge, I'll think of a position in a sec

Sid

Reaction score
I suggest the next person to be sweeper cos thats his natural :)

Reaction score
Anyone else participating? Oh and Sid post a update on his stats every year

Reaction score
I'll have the Striker position Sid, great idea btw
Alright then Sam, one striker position to you :)

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Anyone else want to join in the fun? :)

Complete Legend
Reaction score
Looks like a good challenge, nice idea mate. Unfortunately I don't have the time, bu I'll keep an eye out to see how everyone progresses. I would have chosen RW and moulded a new Park/Kuyt though

Reaction score
HI, im going to the most obvious, can i be a CM?
OK, your on the list :)

Looks like a good challenge, nice idea mate. Unfortunately I don't have the time, bu I'll keep an eye out to see how everyone progresses. I would have chosen RW and moulded a new Park/Kuyt though
Thanks mate, if you ever get the chance just check back to see if there's any space left

Can I change to left wing please :)
Yup, I've changed you now

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, just a little question, i´m doing my own team ,in the editor, of youngsters created by me, can i put him in these team or i need to keep him in Nottingham County?

Reaction score
Hi, just a little question, i´m doing my own team ,in the editor, of youngsters created by me, can i put him in these team or i need to keep him in Nottingham County?
Please don't make things hard and keep him in Nottingham County :)
Thank you!

Reaction score
Can I have CAM? Next Scholes there, determined leader.

Reaction score
Can I have CAM? Next Scholes there, determined leader.
Yup, don't forget to post back some updates every season!

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Anyone else wanna join?