TheCodfather's Simple 4-4-2 ► 114 Points and 2 cups ◄

• Thread starter Thread starter TheCodfather
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 233K
View attachment 460215View attachment 460214View attachment 460213View attachment 460212

Thank you so much for your tactic :)
These are the result of the first season with Fiorentina :)
I guess that this year it's really important that the players learn the tactic perfectly, otherwise it doesn't work AT ALL.
I managed to win the Tim Cup (former Italian Cup) and Europa League (3-2 overtime against Tottenham) (****! I hope this will happen for real this year :D)

I didn't take a screen of my players but I used to play with:

--------------Gomez - Rossi------------------

Ilicic -----Borja Valero ---- Onazi -------- Cuadrado

Compper - Gonzalo Rodriguez - Musacchio - Roncaglia

-----------------------Neto------------------------

Gomez got the Golden Foot with 29 goals :)
Rossi didn't actually play so well (just 10 goals in total)

It's not the result, because I know: you win some, you lose some, but the final stats where:

Galata - Bilbao
Shots: 25-3
CCC: 5-0
Possesion: 67%-33%

As I said, the prediction before the game said that I'm huge favorite. I was on a 13 winning games streak, so the morale was good.

I will play more..

Changing the tactic mid season right before a game after you have been on a 13 game winning streak seems a bit unusual to say the least.

Thank you so much for your tactic :)
These are the result of the first season with Fiorentina :)
I guess that this year it's really important that the players learn the tactic perfectly, otherwise it doesn't work AT ALL.
I managed to win the Tim Cup (former Italian Cup) and Europa League (3-2 overtime against Tottenham) (****! I hope this will happen for real this year :D)

I didn't take a screen of my players but I used to play with:

--------------Gomez - Rossi------------------

Ilicic -----Borja Valero ---- Onazi -------- Cuadrado

Compper - Gonzalo Rodriguez - Musacchio - Roncaglia

-----------------------Neto------------------------

Gomez got the Golden Foot with 29 goals :)
Rossi didn't actually play so well (just 10 goals in total)

I am glad you are enjoying it and hope next season you can win the Champions League and Serie A :D

I think Rossi would benefit from playing the Left Striker role more but then Gomez isn't really suited to the other side so it's a difficult one, he has the strength but not the creativity as he is more of a goalscorer not a provider.

Good luck next season.

Does anyone else using this tactic get dominated by the other team possession-wise?
It's is completely fluid for my team, apart from formation and width which are at accomplished. Played my first PL game against Blackburn (I'm Bolton), and lost 3-1 with only 36% possession.

I am glad you are enjoying it and hope next season you can win the Champions League and Serie A :D

I think Rossi would benefit from playing the Left Striker role more but then Gomez isn't really suited to the other side so it's a difficult one, he has the strength but not the creativity as he is more of a goalscorer not a provider.

Good luck next season.

Ditto! Sometimes in fact I played with Gomez and Rossi's backup, Domenico Berardi. I am pretty sure he will be in a few years a top player.

I am about to start the second season... I am curious to see how things will go, since this year I start with your tactic from the beginning (last year I started using it in October). I just think that this year in FM it really takes ages for the players to learn the tactic!
I'll keep you updated about the results!

Does anyone else using this tactic get dominated by the other team possession-wise?
It's is completely fluid for my team, apart from formation and width which are at accomplished. Played my first PL game against Blackburn (I'm Bolton), and lost 3-1 with only 36% possession.

Hmmmm that does seem very low possession wise, whilst this tactic isn't huge on possession I do normally slightly edge the possession stat with low 50's and against bigger teams will sometimes be in the 40's but I havn't been in the 30's as of yet.

The tactic is more about getting the ball into space in dangerous positions.

If you carry on to use it I hope things improve for you.

Ditto! Sometimes in fact I played with Gomez and Rossi's backup, Domenico Berardi. I am pretty sure he will be in a few years a top player.

I am about to start the second season... I am curious to see how things will go, since this year I start with your tactic from the beginning (last year I started using it in October). I just think that this year in FM it really takes ages for the players to learn the tactic!
I'll keep you updated about the results!

I will be really interested to see how that second season goes, with a good pre-season hopefully you will win more silverware.

Berardi looks really good, I may have to keep an eye on him myself, he looks like he could play the Advanced Striker role really well, he has signed for Newcastle on my save and has scored 2 goals in 4 appearances for them so far.

View attachment 459796View attachment 459795View attachment 459794View attachment 459793View attachment 459792View attachment 459791View attachment 459790View attachment 459789View attachment 459788View attachment 459787View attachment 459785View attachment 459784

Very good tactic, first season with the team and I am one of the top managers of my country. is crazy! change some things in the tactics for the right striker influenced more on team play and I think that was decisive in some games. Werner was the best player for me, gave many decisive passes and 3 or 4 goals in one game for the team classified to next phase of Europa League.

diegofr; said:
Very good tactic, first season with the team and I am one of the top managers of my country. is crazy! change some things in the tactics for the right striker influenced more on team play and I think that was decisive in some games. Werner was the best player for me, gave many decisive passes and 3 or 4 goals in one game for the team classified to next phase of Europa League.

That's a cracking achievement, you have done really well.

What changes did you make to the Right Striker if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Back