TheCodfather's Simple 4-4-2 ► 114 Points and 2 cups ◄

• Thread starter Thread starter TheCodfather
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 233K
Do you change anything against harder opponents?

No I keep it the same for every match, I did once try counter very early on when I was in league 1 against a Premier League side but I also kept it the same against bigger sides and have won so no change needed in my opinion.

Going to give this ago with my spurs team, how do u do screenshots?

Good luck hope it goes well with Spurs, you are probably better off googling how to do screenshots as my explanations on how to do things like that are terrible and I'll probably end up confusing you :/

press on your team (next to your manager name on top and competition) - all the way to the right click on report (next to squad, tactic, training etc..) you can then see summary... 'most successful formation' and 'most vulnerable to facing' and in tactics .. and in there go on tactic faced.. you can see there who you faced and how many goals scored/conceded etc..
Thanks!

press on your team (next to your manager name on top and competition) - all the way to the right click on report (next to squad, tactic, training etc..) you can then see summary... 'most successful formation' and 'most vulnerable to facing' and in tactics .. and in there go on tactic faced.. you can see there who you faced and how many goals scored/conceded etc..
Thanks!

Aha nice one :P

here you go

View attachment 458997

A quick update, I'm 8th in our first season back into the Premier League with 24 games played, our squad isn't very good tbh :( the board cut my wage budget last season by 62k and gave me very little to spend so I couldn't renew any contracts and started the pre season with about 6 or 7 players and had to get in free transfers and loans as best I could :/

just started using this with spurs and its really turned my season around, i was 19th when i started using it now Im 8th and into the knockouts of the europa league.

just started using this with spurs and its really turned my season around, i was 19th when i started using it now Im 8th and into the knockouts of the europa league.

Nice one :D glad it is helping and hopefully you can kick on and get into the Champions League next season.

I will be really interested to see how that second season goes, with a good pre-season hopefully you will win more silverware.

Berardi looks really good, I may have to keep an eye on him myself, he looks like he could play the Advanced Striker role really well, he has signed for Newcastle on my save and has scored 2 goals in 4 appearances for them so far.

Yes... I guess Berardi is one of the best young forward in the game this year.
At the moment I am about to finish my second season... ATM I am first in the ladder, 6 points on ****** Juventus. Out of Italian Cup in the semifinal, and have to play versus Man Utd in Champions League final. Everything is going great :) I will post the results as soon as I finish the season. Gomez is going great...he scored more then 35 goals. Still the same problem with Rossi.
Just one problem.. there are too many fouls... and by consequences I keep on getting heaps of yellow cards (same problem last year actually), especially the central midfielders and central defense men.. How can I solve this problem? Thank you :)

Yes... I guess Berardi is one of the best young forward in the game this year.
At the moment I am about to finish my second season... ATM I am first in the ladder, 6 points on ****** Juventus. Out of Italian Cup in the semifinal, and have to play versus Man Utd in Champions League final. Everything is going great :) I will post the results as soon as I finish the season. Gomez is going great...he scored more then 35 goals. Still the same problem with Rossi.
Just one problem.. there are too many fouls... and by consequences I keep on getting heaps of yellow cards (same problem last year actually), especially the central midfielders and central defense men.. How can I solve this problem? Thank you :)

Glad to see it still working for you, looks like you are going from strength to strength, regarding the yellow cards I'm not too sure really as I think any tweak to try and stop it would maybe kill the tactic slightly, funnily enough I have only had 2 red cards in near enough 4 seasons but I do get opposition managers complaining saying my team play a physical game. I guess taking off hassle opponents and get stuck in would lower this but like I say the tactic would probably die.

I just starting to use this tactic after my promotion in Sky Bet League 2 with Bristrol Rovers... Only little problem, I do win games, but I get like 23 shots on my goal... Is it normal?

This tactic helped my Sunderland advance to my 1st ever UCL final, beating RMadrid in semi!!! Tried this tactic for few matches only, looks promising. Need more matches. brb.

Dear OP, I do not know what u instil inside your tactic but ur tactic propelled my Sunderland to treble in year 2017!!!!!

I just starting to use this tactic after my promotion in Sky Bet League 2 with Bristrol Rovers... Only little problem, I do win games, but I get like 23 shots on my goal... Is it normal?

Sorry for the late reply, is the tactic fully fluid and do you have match preperation on def positioning?

Dear OP, I do not know what u instil inside your tactic but ur tactic propelled my Sunderland to treble in year 2017!!!!!

Excellent stuff :D glad you are enjoying it and hopefully you can carry on doing well, let me know how you get on.

Back