TheHig's Lower League Adventure...EXCELLENT!!!!!

After one consolidation season in league one finishing 14th, then this season I failed to make play offs, I resigned as Basingstoke Manager believing I took the club as far as I can take them.
I say my goodbyes and I hit the job centre

I have been unemployed for a few months, on the 23rd of August 2013 I take over Russian First Division side Metallurg-Kuzbass Novokuznetsk a moth full hey , here a little info on my new club
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Metallurg-Kuzbass_Novokuznetsk

I arrive at the club 25 games into the season, the team are not a good position take a look at the table

woah 5 teams relegeted out of 20 :O
its gonna be tough keepin em up but good luck anyway:)

Thats a little harsh, the team is really good, qaulity wise they should be challenging for promotion, most the players are skilled, willing toi work hard but unhappy, hopefully I change that, with me having a decent rep too (basingstoke 5 years, 2 years in League 1) I shift morale enough get the players to perform

sorry didn't mean it that way:(, its just that im not too familiar with the Russian First Division. i was just surprised that 5 teams get relegated
im sure you have the managing capabilities to keep em up (due to your amazing work with basingstoke) nd possibly win it next season if they have the quality players that you say they do. :)

sorry didn't mean it that way:(, its just that im not too familiar with the Russian First Division. i was just surprised that 5 teams get relegated
im sure you have the managing capabilities to keep em up (due to your amazing work with basingstoke) nd possibly win it next season if they have the quality players that you say they do. :)

it was a typo i meant the russian division is harsh making 5 teams go down lol

oh right lol :), well good luck ur only 4 points off safety with 13 games left and if u can make your home ground a fortress you'll be sorted

Had my first game.........

Metallurg Kuzbass Novokuznetsk 1 v 0 Rotor (RD1)

A poor game of football, with both teams near the bottom of the table it was to be expected. Rotor only 4 points above the drop zone themselves.
Long balls and fouls were exchanged for the first 45 minutes, no chances created by either team.
Second half I was forced to make two changes due to injury, in a very physical match.
On 61 minutes a long range shot by druganov was parried by the Rotov keeper, into the path of my right mid pesegov who slotted the ball into an empty net :D.
A nervous ending to the match as Rostov were hoofing more dangerous long balls up than me, but a poor match ends 1-0 to me :)
Thats the end of August 2013, so I can go back to my normal update format for september 2013.

good start, it sounds like 1 of those games where it could have gone either way and whoever scored their chance would win it luckily for you it went the right way.
by the way those basingstoke website thingy's you have done are absolute genius, brilliant idea

thanks, I might do a Metallurg Kuzbass Novokuznetsk, but eeeeh, I'm not sure how long I'll be with the club. If they go down then they will be in a non active league meaning I cannot carry on manage them.

hmmm wat would you do if you kept them up, do you think this is gonna be a temporary job just till the end of the russian season or do you think this team has potential to get somewhere?

I'm not sure yet, I'll post some of the team screenies soon, the team are mostly young (under 21) with some decent potential, and the clubs balance is 1.1 million quite big for the standard of players I think I need to take the club forward.
I'll see how the rest of this season pans out and how I like Russia lol

New update, includes all results and events in september 2013, the format is based off the Metallurg Kuzbuss website.
So this update is

September 2013

:':)':)'(I hadn't been on the site since the day before yesterday so I was shocked and saddened to see that you had quite the 'stoke. Although I will continue to follow your progress and wish you good luck, it won't quite be the same.

Yeah I just got fed up because the board would give me any more money, My budget was not good enough to strengthen the team, so really I knew I could not take further. I'm sticking to this save though and I'm at least sticking with Metallurg Kuzbass until the end this current Russian season.
Then I'll keep and eye on what jobs are available, so far it looks like I'm on course for keeping Kuzbass up.

well done on stearing them out of relegation and if u keep this up u could be looking at a mid table finish :)

Last edited:
is there anyway of making ure own team or players on fm 09? pls reply

good read, just read what you've wrote so far

i was engrossed by it

Well done.
I've just started a new season with Southend. It's much more boring when you go good clubs I like a challenge. Like getting people promoted all the way to the prem.

Good luck

From That scouse boy