TheHig's Lower League Adventure...EXCELLENT!!!!!

December 2011

Walsall 1-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Bowyer

Basingstoke 0-1 Darlington (L1)

Carlise 0-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Snodin (pen)

Basingstoke 3-1 Rotheram (L1)
Radal,Novak,Snodin

Scunthorpe 3-3 Basingstoke (l1)
Jovanovic,Subotic(2)

HA, this month turned out alright, my last post was after the darlington I was sulking like mad, but next game stand in skipper Snodin dragged us to a 1-0 away win, a crucial 3 points.
Then Vs fellow strugglers Rotheram it was no contest, we outplayed them all game for once.
And what a game to end the year, a relegation game again, a 3-3 thriller, they scored in the last kick of the game to nick a point.

Player Of The Month - Joe Dolan - If you remember I released after I gained promotion to League 2, he was out of contract after a spell at Wycombe so I re-signed due to my injurys worrys.
Well he's done a very job and made his landmark 100th appearance for the club

Current League Position 16th

not bad hig, with a run of say four or five without loosing a game, you'll put serious distance between you and the red zone.

well dom mate :D, nice to see people taking smaller clubs into the Big Time

what is a parent team and what does it do?

They pay your club an annual fee to be affiliated with them, they loan you players (sometimes) and they have the option to match a bid anyone else makes for one of my players, and I have to accept

kool. hig, can u carry on putting you'r results on. anyways at the beggining where you did you'r in and outs, the players that came in i can't find most of them and some of the out's arn't in the basingstoke squad.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

pm me.

that would be because they are horribly spelt wrong

I'm struggling hard too in L1, the jump between l2 and L1 was a great leap, keep us updated. And check mine maybe you can give me some advice, I'm halfway through season.

January 2012

Basingstoke 2-2 Blackpool (L1)
Snodin(pen),Bowyer

Brighton 2-2 Basingstoke (L1)
Novak,Perkins

Rochadale 4-4 Basingstoke (L1)
Judge,Jovanovic,Snodin(pen),Novak

Basingstoke 0-2 Watford (L1)

Burnley 0-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Jovanovic

Basingstoke 0-1 Leicester (L1)

Port Vale 0-2 Basingstoke (L1)
Novak,Subotic

A busy month with lots of Fixtures, but some amazing games and good results. An absolute Thriller 4-4 with Rochdale, I seem to involved with very high score draws, my defense are reckless this season, but attack quite lethal so I'm quite happy.
The 3 points a turf moor I'm Very Proud of, we worked really hard got our goal on 40 minutes then shut them out for the game.

Player Of The Month Lee Novak, my big singing paying me back this month with some important goals

Current League Position A safe 15th for now

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

February 2012

Basingstoke 1-0 Crewe (L1)
Snodin(pen)

Pylmouth 0-1 Basingstoke (L1)
Roberts

Basingstoke 0-2 Hudderfiled (L1)

Basingstoke 4-0 Leyton Orient (L1)
Novak(3)Perkins(pen)

Brentford 1-2 Basingstoke (L1)
Novak(2)

4 wins in 5 games, this is by far the best I've played all season, I'm on 46 points now from 35 games, in a safe mid table position.
I'm not going down, I'm about 13 points away from 6th place, if I keep playing like this who knows were I'll be.
My form has been great due to nearly no Injurys in the last 2 months, only a 2 day injury on one fringe player.

Player Of The Month - Lee Novak has been amazing, starting to look a class act and becoming a Stoke Favorite

Current League Position 12th

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Championship outfit QPR offered me a contact, ????????? hmmmm

<smacks TheHig round the face with a wet fish> Don't you dare jump ship to QPR!!!!!!!:O

How could you even consider another team after all the sweat and tears you have put into this team? On the other hand, it'll be nice to have a team with decent money to spend! No...what am I thinking? Please stay with the 'Stoke...I am enjoying reading about your progress even more than playing my own game...mainly cos you have done better than I did :p

Anyway, glad to see you are having a successful season. I think its better to spend at least 2 seasons in the same division to allow you to strengthen for the higher League. As you will recall from my thread, I went from League 2 to Championship in successive seasons and was then absolutely dismal cos my team weren't good enough for a jump up that quick. Keep at it and maybe you could sneak into the play-offs. That would be awesome to see:D

Here is a little something I done, its for February, please have a look its like a web page l (using sky sports) about the recent events of my game for month.
Nursemorph and Luis Arogones look at the top of it, I just put a random bit about other peoples updates at the top.
I might do this on every few months update, not every month it takes ages to do.
Tell us what you think, weather this adds to the immersion and enjoyment of my update thread.

Brilliant mate! how dyu go about doin this ?? in the sky sports type screeny ??

All I used was MS paint, took ages and was very fiddly, but if it helps the quality of my update I'll do it lol
Look at this one instead, right hand corner smoothed out on this looks a bit better

bit thick wen it **** to this sort of thing mate. lol. ms paint ?? how did u get the whole layout n that ??

Thats a nice touch :) no mention of the mighty Braintree breaking into the Football League though :)

Absolutely sick TheHig I like the Camara bit very well executed.

haha thanks, got another in working progress now, it will change the way I do my updates.
I wont be using the Sky Sports Background for it though, more like a Custom Basingstoke page, should really good and be a better read for anyone who looks at this,

Look out for March 2012 update, will be posted more than likely after Barca Chelsea game

Here is a little something I done, its for February, please have a look its like a web page l (using sky sports) about the recent events of my game for month.
Nursemorph and Luis Arogones look at the top of it, I just put a random bit about other peoples updates at the top.
I might do this on every few months update, not every month it takes ages to do.
Tell us what you think, weather this adds to the immersion and enjoyment of my update thread.

Yeah.....I noticed that:p. I think doing your news like that is a good idea

have not been able to get on the site for a few days, so I'll just briefly update the rest of that season

Final League Position 14th
Johnstones paint - rubbish
FA Cup - Rubbish
League Cup - Rubbish

A ordinary season of consolidation, some of my players improved a bit over the season, and I bought in 6 new faces, for my nest season in league 1.

Player Of THe Year - Ian Snodin - How he has upped his game each division is amazing, he's 25 so his stats will more than liklleyt not improve again, at a push he could stay with me in championship. He played 44 scored 12 from CM this season.

Now I'm currently in December 2012, sitting top of league with 42 points from 18 games.
Next update I will do will be a summary of this season, then things will be back to normal for 2013/2014