Theo tipped to emulate Henry

Sure.

Honestly I'm not here to argue with people about whether Theo will be great or not, I think he can be and if he does it will have a great impact on our team. On the other hand, if he flops, its not going to be a defining moment in our history so I don't really care, we still have RVP and Chamakh along with other great potentials.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Well if you can't make the links then I suggest you visit your GP.

Okay, I'll pop down in a bit if it makes you feel better ;).

You obviously just go on forums to say stupid things to get reactions so I'll let you carry on. I hope you dont ever have a kid with Downs because you may not find it as easy to say ridiculous things like that. I honestly thought after your first Downs comment you were about 13 but i see your 20 and should really know better.

Oh well, good luck to you sweetheart (K)

P.s, Walcott can be good, not Henry good.

Okay, I'll pop down in a bit if it makes you feel better ;).

You obviously just go on forums to say stupid things to get reactions so I'll let you carry on. I hope you dont ever have a kid with Downs because you may not find it as easy to say ridiculous things like that. I honestly thought after your first Downs comment you were about 13 but i see your 20 and should really know better.

Oh well, good luck to you sweetheart (K)

P.s, Walcott can be good, not Henry good.
I didn't use downs as an insult, so this whole sob story about "you should know better" is nothing, I merely made the link between you misplacing words and down syndrome #sorrytotakeyouoffyourhighhorse

And it's quite funny how you try to liken me to a troll. Look at your first post - it has troll written all over it.

Last edited:
I don't see why it's stupid. You don't have to be the same person to reach the same heights. As I said, I'm not really bothered to argue about this, especially with someone making definitive statement about things that they can not possibily know.

Lets be honest, Henry is possibly one of the greatest if not the greatest player to pull on an Arsenal jersey. You look at Theo Walcott, in all honesty, is he going to as big a success? No, he will not. I'm not denying he has great potencial and can be a great player. But to achieve what Henry, sorry, the simple answer of just no is justified.

I didn't use downs as an insult, so this whole sob story about "you should know better" is nothing, I merely made the link between you misplacing words and down syndrome #sorrytotakeyouoffyourhighhorse

And it's quite funny how you try to liken me to a troll. Look at your first post - it has troll written all over it.

Ok dearest, as long as your happy.

Anyway, was Henry not voted the premierships best striker or somthing, or am I imagining it? Cant see Walcott ever being that

Lets be honest 'Cloud~' its a stupid thread and I don't think that anyone apart from a few Arsenal fans will agree with you.

kthanksbye.

Lets be honest 'Cloud~' its a stupid thread and I don't think that anyone apart from a few Arsenal fans will agree with you.

kthanksbye.

This. I doubt anyone will agree with you on this.

kthanksbye.
How is it a stupid thread? The thread is a link to an article, which usually leads to people voicing their opinions, it's not just me saying THEO WALCOTT WILL BE THE GREATEST.

Anybody that has just stated their opinion I haven't argued against. People that claim their opinion is fact, try to be witty and fail or say stupid things that have already been outlined in the article (you by the way) I will argue against, but now I can't because I have a lecture.

How is it a stupid thread? The thread is a link to an article, which usually leads to people voicing their opinions, it's not just me saying THEO WALCOTT WILL BE THE GREATEST.

Anybody that has just stated their opinion I haven't argued against. People that claim their opinion is fact, try to be witty and fail or say stupid things that have already been outlined in the article (you by the way) I will argue against, but now I can't because I have a lecture.
Chill mate. It's just a matter of time that Walcott will or will not become a footballing legend.

I hope your lecture is more enjoyable than your thread. :wub:

There's arguing and then there's saying someone has Down-syndrome.

BTW. This definitalely is a pointless thread

Theo is already better then what Henry was at 21 so i dont see why he cant become as good if not better and have as much impact as Henry did. thing is when Henry played the whole Arsenal team was brilliant thats why he won so much.

Sorry, wikipedia copy here as its easy. Theo is a good player, but will he ever "Emulate" Henry like this -

Individual (Henry)
And a goal record at Arsenal of 369 apps, and 226 goals (92 assists)

I know thats not the exact object of Wengers points, but for all I can tell the main similarity is that Wenger bought them, used them on wings then made ( / making) them into a striker role.

I'd say this is just Wenger trying to give Theo a confidence boost, and using what Henry has achieved in slightly similar circumstances as an objective for him.

I cant see Walcott being a consistant 20 goal + a season striker, but you never know.

great, its not even midday and we've got the insults going.....

Walcott is a far better athlete IMO. Just by being a burner he could have a significant impact if he ever gets it together. He won't ever have to be as technically good as Henry (who in his prime along with Fat Ronnie were the only the strikers I could think of that had defenders on panic stations even when they were deep in their own half). He won't even come close to scoring as many goals as Henry but he'll be potentially just as important as Henry in his prime because his pace always makes him a threat. Being a threat, someone to be game planned for is pretty significant.

Theo is already better then what Henry was at 21 so i dont see why he cant become as good if not better and have as much impact as Henry did. thing is when Henry played the whole Arsenal team was brilliant thats why he won so much.

* Henry was named the French Young Footballer of the Year in 1996, and in the 1996–97 season, his solid performances helped the club win the Ligue 1 title.[5][6] During the 1997–98 season, he was instrumental in leading his club to the UEFA Champions League semi-final, setting a French record by scoring seven goals in the competition.[2][7] By his third season, he had received his first cap for the national team, and was part of the winning team in the 1998 World Cup *

More wiki I know :$. He was a good player, just not well known here like Theo is. Must admit I cant remember hearing of Henry before he was at Juve, but it seems he did well in the period prior to the move.

Generally can't see it myself, but we'll see. :)

Last edited:
this is exacly what i was saying the other day, Theo is a striker not a winger but even still he will never reach the hights Henry did with Arsenal.

How much time has Walcott spent injured? Anyone know? Only ask because every time I see him it the commenty says hes returning from an injury.

Might just be me imagining it though!

How much time has Walcott spent injured? Anyone know? Only ask because every time I see him it the commenty says hes returning from an injury.

Might just be me imagining it though!

Alot mate and its the same with Fabregas and Van Persie and ill tell you why. Every time a big player is coming back from injury Arsene throws them into the team to early and moans if they pick up a knock again. Take the game against West Ham i heard Fabregas say the 1st half was one of the most difficult he has expirenced because the pain he was feeling from his hamstring(it might have not been his hamstring) was huge, but they strapped it up at half time and it wasen't as bad!!! I bet he felt it the next day and even now because i believe he is out of the game tonight yer??

Its pretty sad to see all this insults flying around... ok agreed Henry was a class apart but I cant see why Theo does not have the potential to have a major impact on the team maybe not as large as Henry's but he has the potential to do alot, when C.Ronaldo was signed my Man Utd, did anyone know he will go one to become one of the best players in the world? Its the same with Theo, he has just come into the spotlight a bit too early and after having a bad season the fans are already calling for his head