Theo Walcott

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 6K

Calum

Reaction score
If you were the Arsenal manager would you sell Walcott.

I would as all he can do is run fast he cant cross or finish and is always injured
i think personely SWP and Ashley Young are better than him and one of them could be his replacement

He can finish he just can't cross. I'd like to see him be given a chance to play up-front.

i belive arsenal should have sent him out on loan for a few years ago.

I would hang on to him for a season or two longer, to see if he does improve. If he does, slightly, Arsenal will get a bit of dosh for him, possibly £7-8M. If not, sell him at a reasonable £5M. Still young and got a lot to learn.

Wow, Calum learnt to use capital letters in his thread names

In the voice of Borat

"High-5"

It has to be remembered that Theo is only 21 years old.Ashley Young,Aaron Lennon and Shaun Wright-Phillips are older and more experienced than Walcott,with him not having as much experience as them.He is still learning,so I would say another season or two to see if he'll gain more experience,but if not,sell him off.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Wow, Calum learnt to use capital letters in his thread names

In the voice of Borat

"High-5"

Roflmao.

Well played :)

theres no end product with walcott. Hes average at best. Speed can hurt opponents but only if he runs at the keeper. If he runs down the wing, his crossing lets him down 90% of the time. Like Ben,i would like to see him up front before i totally rule him out as a bad player.

he needs to get his head, and get a final product. even if played up front he still needs to add more to his game if he wants to fufill his potential as a top class player. but first and foremost both he and wenger need to decide want kind of player hes going to be

he needs to get his head, and get a final product. even if played up front he still needs to add more to his game if he wants to fufill his potential as a top class player. but first and foremost both he and wenger need to decide want kind of player hes going to be
agreed. He definately needs guidance on what he will become. But arsene should be the man to do it. I cant think of many better managers for nuturing young talent

does it really make a difference. A young player is a young player. He's spent time in the arsenal youth teams. Therefore he will have worked with the same coaches as fabregas etc. Foreign players still have a mind, two legs and a head, just like us. Anyone can be taught new skills at a young age.

He lacks something the others have, confidence... Simple, all the names above dont have a great end product, swp cant cross neither can lennon and young has been on 50/50 form for a good season or so. Also can arsenal afford to spend £30mill on young or lennon? Clearly not seeing how you need a whole new backline, though i think eduardo + walcott could tempt a few managers.

Last edited:
Just saying, Wenger has yet to develop a domestic talent into a regular Arsenal first teamer.

Ive always believed he's biased towards foreign players.

He lacks something the others have, confidence... Simple, all the names above dont have a great end product, swp cant cross neither can lennon and young has been on 50/50 form for a good season or so. Also can arsenal afford to spend £30mill on young or lennon? Clearly not seeing how you need a whole new backline, though i think eduardo + walcott could tempt a few managers.
all true but lennon cuts inside as he knows he cant cross. SWP also comes inide and has a shot or lays it off. Young has a good cross, agreed he is out of form at the mo but that wont last forever. Young also has a mean free kick. What i am trying to say is that the others find ways around their poor crossing whereas theo still tries to run to the line and swing one in. When he was amazing against croatia, he came inside and shot. Proving that he CAN do it, he just needs to decide whether to improve his crossing or, come inside more often and adapt his game to become similar to Ronaldo (ie coming in off the wing and shooting, not headers)

Just saying, Wenger has yet to develop a domestic talent into a regular Arsenal first teamer.

those he could have brought through like bentley,pennant, showed poor attitude.

Or maybe foreign players are just better? Walcott has been given a chance 20+ appearances for the last three years and 11 England caps and he is still **** and I can't really see him getting better; well he's certainly isn't good enough for Arsenal/England.

Villa havent scored off a direct free kick all season but i know what you mean, against mexico when lennon came on he did what walcott never had the mentality to do; take a risk in an advanced position.

To be honest, Gibbs was on the verge of breaking through last year and would have featured more this season if it wasn't for his injuries.

Future England left back.

Villa havent scored off a direct free kick all season but i know what you mean, against mexico when lennon came on he did what walcott never had the mentality to do; take a risk in an advanced position.
exactly. Theres nothing wrong with pace. It gets you past players easily. But after passing them, walcott goes for the line 90% of the time, he doesnt mix it up at all. Too predictable imo. And he doesnt play to his own strengths enough.

its too early to write walcott off but he needs to take control of his own career and development, this summer he should decide what he wants to be. does he want to be a quicky tricky winger, or a lethal, intelligent striker. i think he could, and should, be the latter

Back