Theo Walcott

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 6K
Just saying, Wenger has yet to develop a domestic talent into a regular Arsenal first teamer.

Ive always believed he's biased towards foreign players.

Didn't Ashley Cole come from Arsenal? XD

He did, and he's the only notable English character to have come through the ranks. He did spend a year at Crystal Palace though I believe which did him wonders as he put Sylvinho and van Bronckhorst out of the first team a season later (though GvB played in centre mid afterwards).

I'm watching SSN and the back pages are covered with Theo saying how it's a shock he's not picked. Is it really? I mean Lennon and SWP are of a much higher standard why do the media love Walcott so much?

had forgotten about that got so used to thinking of him as a chelsea player, when actually he was quality at arsenal, after coming in for sylvinho

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

I'm watching SSN and the back pages are covered with Theo saying how it's a shock he's not picked. Is it really? I mean Lennon and SWP are of a much higher standard why do the media love Walcott so much?
cos the media are morons. they remember croatia and think thats all he's had to do, and eventually he'll do it again.

To be honest, Gibbs was on the verge of breaking through last year and would have featured more this season if it wasn't for his injuries.

Future England left back.

:wub:

Something I have said for a while. Forget Wilshere and Walcott, the more talked about prospects, it's all about Ramsey and Gibbsy :)

Gibbs was really showing form, and if he stayed fit, he could have even taken out number one left back slot, yet injury denied him a possible world cup place IMVHO ;)

Back on topic.

I don't think we should sell Walcott. I think he needs a sustained run of games without injury. Plus, with the quota of 8 (?) home grown players needed, he could be essiential.

:wub:

Something I have said for a while. Forget Wilshere and Walcott, the more talked about prospects, it's all about Ramsey and Gibbsy :)

Gibbs was really showing form, and if he stayed fit, he could have even taken out number one left back slot, yet injury denied him a possible world cup place IMVHO ;)

Back on topic.

I don't think we should sell Walcott. I think he needs a sustained run of games without injury. Plus, with the quota of 8 (?) home grown players needed, he could be essiential.
looking forward to wilshere, very intelligent footballer, future england player

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Gibbs :wub:
this

Henri Lansbury looks like a good prospect, he was out at Watford this year and did well considering he's only 19, maybe a part of the first team next year?

What happened to the Hoyte brother's; Gavin & Justin?
I remember there being huge hype surrounding Gavin saying he could run the 100 metres in like 5 seconds.

What happened to the Hoyte brother's; Gavin & Justin?
I remember there being huge hype surrounding Gavin saying he could run the 100 metres in like 5 seconds.

Well Justin moved to Middlesbrough a couple seasons ago. Think Gavin's been on loan. **** though.

I think Theo can make the Henry style move, obviously not with the same quality that Thierry provided, but the winger to striker move.

To be honest Theo does not fit the "Arsenal style of play" out wide, guys like Roskciy, Arshavin and Nasri are all guys who made their neither either up front or in the middle, and have essentially been turned into wide players who still have all the skills of an attacking central midfielder.

He's 21. He'll learn. Look at how football nouse improves with the vast majority of players as they age. Pretty sure Walcott will be the same.

Henri Lansbury looks like a good prospect, he was out at Watford this year and did well considering he's only 19, maybe a part of the first team next year?

Wenger said I think, that he is in the plans for first team.

He needs to start now, he's at that age where he needs first team football to progress his talents. Nobody on here can say that Walcott is ****, anybody remember his hat-trick against Croatia? if he starts alot more next year i expect some people to be changing there minds about Theo.

the person who made this thread must not be a true arsenal supporter ... you will all be chanting his name when does somthing big for england or arsenal but the moment he has a ruff patch " all he can do is run" same with glen when he done somthing special he is a gr8 player when he had a ruff patch all he can do is attack

Last edited:
See to be fair, everyone knows he can't cross. So why is he always trying to cross from roughly 18 yards.
Capello and Wegner should just say: "Look, son. Yeh cannae cross, just get tae the byeline." (In Fergie's Scottish dialect :P)
He has the pace and skill to be the defender then just cut it back for tap-ins, hence could get about 15-20 assists a season by doing that.

See to be fair, everyone knows he can't cross. So why is he always trying to cross from roughly 18 yards.
Capello and Wegner should just say: "Look, son. Yeh cannae cross, just get tae the byeline." (In Fergie's Scottish dialect :P)
He has the pace and skill to be the defender then just cut it back for tap-ins, hence could get about 15-20 assists a season by doing that.

amen :wub:

we should give walcott some time as he's still relatively young. if i remembered right, lennon used to have problems crossing a few years back but he's obviously much better now. walcott seems to have the same problem as lennon at the moment but im sure he'll improve over time :)

I think Theo needs to be a bit more selfish sometimes, i know it's not really Arsenal football, but like Wigan, he had a great game, running of the shoulder of the last defender and he scored a goal, i think before the Croatia hat-trick this is what Beckham said to him, just that when he gets into such a dangerous area just shoot, across the keeper, so if he saves it someone will get the rebound, and now he tells him to play it into space when he crosses - "it's not his fault if someone doesn't get there, they need to make runs". In answer to the question, no i don't think we should sell him as he'll improve and he has moments of brilliance like the goal against Burnley, the hat-trick and the goal vs Barca (though lucky he was making a run!).
Off topic slightly I think after this season - if Eduardo doesn't improve we should think about offloading him, though its a great pity that it has come to this simply because of his injury.

Back