Theo Walcott

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 6K
there's no need to sell him now, he'll want to prove capello wrong after the world cup, plus i can't see anyone paying a good fee for him anyway, so wenger may aswell keep him for a season or two, i don't think he's good, he should still be a regular for the england u21's, eriksson threw him into the england squad to early, he can be good on his day, but he needs to be more stronger and more positive, he doesn't have much of an end product either, if it was on fm, he should play as an 'advanced forward' irl.

watched him at the emirates cup this weekend. always looks sharp but his final ball is terrible. time and again he made wrong decisions. its not the first time ive watched him either and it seems to be a trend. although having said that yesterday was a friendly, therefore he may not be 100% match fit. also he does well to get in the positions, he is lightning quick, and does cause defences major problems. basically im sitting on the fence. but i think he has to prove himself this year, so far he just hasnt done it and if he fails to produce this season i think we have to acknoledge he just isnt up to it

Last edited:
Liking the English talent coming through.

Wilshere, Lansbury, Gibbs, Lasnbury, Thomas, Frimpong, Bartley and obviously Theo.

The one thing I have noticed about Walcott is that he seems to run faster then most of the other players so that is an advantage, Good Luck Theo.

Liking the English talent coming through.

Wilshere, Lansbury, Gibbs, Lasnbury, Thomas, Frimpong, Bartley and obviously Theo.

Lansbury is pretty good ;). I'd hardly say Gibbs is a young talent coming through anymore! More like the suitably named Tom Cruise.. Gibbs has been second choice LB for a while now, not to say he isn't good though. I really hope Theo gets his act together this season, he was woeful against Celtic on Sunday, despite two assists (one of which was a shot, the other was him, as usual getting confused in the box and Nasri picking up the pieces.)

The one thing I have noticed about Walcott is that he seems to run faster then most of the other players so that is an advantage, Good Luck Theo.

Another incisive comment from SuperDude... Jack Wilshere ftw

Walcott cant cross,we know that much and I really belive that he should stick to being a Striker,I remember him playing against Burnley last season and he kept on cutting in from the wings into more central positions and was lethal and he scored a great goal

He will never be a natural goalscorer, but does not mean he cant be efective upfront. I play him upfront and train his as striker. Get him to learn from main striker ie Van Persie. For me he does improve with time and the right players around him

Back