Definitely looks like a squad that can challenge at the top of the league!

Definitely looks like a squad that can challenge at the top of the league!

It's the most complete my squad has felt so far, and I have a couple of loanees that would improve it further. Another CB would be good, but I'd need to shift one first I think.

Having sold Memeti, my first priority had to be replacing him as my lead striker. I did have a list of around 4 or 5 targets, all of which would have been suitable, but for the most part were out of the price range I was prepared to pay. However, I did decide upon a tried and tested method - a Belgian at Everton.

View attachment 1007009

View attachment 1007010

Meet Zeno Lievens. Everton's demise was to our benefit, as we snap him up for just shy of £20m. Belgium have a luxury of good talent, and Lievens plays second fiddle to Vandecasteele for the most part, a striker at Milan, once of Liverpool.

Mentally, Lievens knows what he's doing, and he's no slouch on the physical department either. With a bit of training, I'm confident I can turn him into the all-round package I was looking for all summer.

Meanwhile, we continue to push for superb youth players, as we are joined by Czech international Miroslav Zeleny. Whilst for the immediate future he will play backup to new signing Neira, Zeleny will see a decent amount of game time, and the 5m signing from Jablonec should turn out to be good. In the short term, I've asked him to work with Eric Dier, who can show him the ropes.

View attachment 1007014
Do you let your scouts find you your foreign players? or do you pick them out yourself?

Combination of both. All my scouts cover a set country or two, and I regularly check international teams for young caps. In addition, never neglect the agents, that's how I found Sanchis, who is my best centre back.

Just to clarify, I have 6 months worth of updates to add here, but no WiFi to do it with. I'll update when I can.

August 2026

Transfers dealt with, it was high time the season started. We kicked off away at QPR, in what promised to be an early test of our credentials this season. In truth, we never really got into the game, but super-sub James Wilson brought us home the 3 points with a well timed late finish. Not the most glamorous of starts, but we'll take it none the less.

View attachment 188739

Our first home game of the campaign was our Europa League playoff with Sheriff Tiraspol. With a reasonably rotated side, we did the business, racking up a comfortable 3-0 victory with a dominant display of force. That win should see us safely through barring a major upset.

View attachment 188734

Our first league match at Sincil Bank was against Bournemouth, a side who like us, were challenging for European position. We sucker punched them twice, as they dominated for large parts, and not even a second half goal could see them deny us the points.

View attachment 188726

We followed that dodgy performance up with another quality one, smashing 4 past Sheriff to see us home. Zeno Lievens played his first game for us, and scored 4. I'm excited to see what comes next.

View attachment 188724

First though, the Europa League group draw. Remember me saying big names like Atletico and Bayern were joining me this year? Well...

View attachment 188721

******. Rosenborg and Dinamo Moscow are manageable, but Bayern is rough for us. I wanted top spot in the group this year, but it seems I may have to settle for 2nd this time out. Either way, it will be invaluable experience.

Our last game of the month was a trip to Wales, and Cardiff. Lievens continued to impress with a solid display and two goals, whilst Nathan Redmond even chipped in. We did lose the clean sheet, but that's a minor problem.

View attachment 188720

In terms of the table, it leaves us 3rd and unbeaten. As far as a start to a season goes, I can live with it. Next month should be more of a challenge though, as we face Europa League, Capital One Cup and Premier League matches all jumbled up. Can we handle the pressure?

View attachment 188719

Aside: I'm now in late April on the file, so there will be many an update to come. Thankfully with the WiFi restored, updates will come thick and fast.​

September 2026

Following on from a solid start to last month, we had an international break to deal with. Whilst I was away with Chile (more on them in October), my chairman confirmed that by the start of next season, Sincil Bank would go up to 25.8k capacity. Any extra revenue is always welcome.

View attachment 188666

Our first game after the break signified a tough week for us - Utd, then Bayern at home. Thankfully, United proved less of a challenge, as we blitzed them en route to a 3-1 win. Gino Baack's finish was one of top quality; smashed home from 22 yards and unstoppable.

View attachment 188664

The German juggernaut rolled into town next, and we somehow came out of the match disappointed. For a first encounter with Bayern, a 4-4 draw would be good. When you consider we were 3-1 up, not so much. Either way I'm still incredibly proud, Bayern are way above us in terms of reputation and possibly quality, so it was a hard earned point.

View attachment 188662

From the sublime to the pathetic. We remained unbeaten after our game with Fulham, but only just. We were smashed from pillar to post, and a draw was not deserved at all.

View attachment 188661

Sheff Weds had the potential to be a banana skin, but we just about scraped through that one. Sampaio and Redmond did just enough to get us into the 4th round, and further on into a competition that I had had great success in.

View attachment 188660

An early red card often changes a match, but Arsenal were completely overrun. Think Liverpool/Arsenal from a few years back under Rodgers. It was that kind of match, as we tore the defence to pieces. Benali hit two, but provided others, whilst the right flank of Almeida and Michalek proved too hot to handle. A stunning result for us.

View attachment 188657

Our last game of the month was important for two reasons. One, we beat Rosenborg, and go top of the EL group. Two, Mark Morrison made his senior debut for us. He may not have set the world alight in that match, but he had chances, and played well enough to demonstrate his obvious potential. Remember the name folks.

View attachment 188652
View attachment 188651
View attachment 188650

Meanwhile, we sit top of the table. Given how far off the top 4 we were last season, this feels wonderful.

View attachment 188648

Last edited:
October 2026

Another busy month beckoned, and with the start of it, I reached my 600th game in management. A feat I am quite rightly proud of, but my one piece of silverware is hardly awe-inspiring. Plenty of time to change that though.

View attachment 188119

As it happened, my 600th was one to remember. West Ham were roundly beaten as we ran amok. Once again our right flank was simply unstoppable, and Almeida collected another POTM. That win kept us up top.

View attachment 188118

We then had an international break, and I went off to Chile for a couple of weeks. We'll check in on them later in this update. We returned to face Liverpool, who just about took a point. I'm slightly miffed we let it slip, but a point at Anfield is always respectable.

View attachment 188117

We let out our frustration in the next match though. We were expecting a close match with Dinamo Moscow, but it turned out to be the biggest win of my reign. Once again, Lievens hit 4 in a match, whilst Michalek and Almeida were on point down the right. We're definitely in the driving seat at this stage in the group.

View attachment 188116

Our European exertions did show though, as we could only pull out a 0-0 draw with Southampton. We face them in 3 days in the Capital One Cup as well, so we could do with scoring against them next time out.

View attachment 188115

Before that though, time to deal with Chile. I've been there a year, but I've not posted any matches, as we haven't had a competitive fixture in my reign. In fact, the last action Chile has was to finish 10th in the World Cup qualifying, so I can't go much worse.

Back to the point, or more specifically, the Copa America. This year we go to Uruguay, and the groups are thus:

View attachment 188114

Not ideal, and I would imagine the game with Paraguay will decide who gets 2nd. From this point though, my Chile matches will also be documented with the monthly updates.

Back to Southampton though, as we beat them second time out with a rotated squad. It means we progress in the Cup once more.

View attachment 188113

City at home in the next round. Yay.

View attachment 188112

We continued the goal-fest this season with a stupendous match against Forest. Definitely one for the neutrals, it was an end to end match, but it was testament to the quality in our squad currently that we pulled off the win. Baack scored yet another screamer, as his wonder season continues, and the free signing from Schalke just gets better and better.

View attachment 188111

So, how do we stand then? Pretty well off is the answer. We are second, yes, but by a point from the dominant City. No surprise given the stupid amount of money they have really. Or the strikers, Choros, Acevedo and Bergmann. Think MSN at the Etihad.

View attachment 188110

Meanwhile, a win in Moscow qualifies us for the next round in Europe. First place is still up for grabs, but we'll need to win in Munich, or at least not lose. Given the form we are in, anything is possible for us right now.

View attachment 188108

November 2026

With another busy month on the cards, we look to try and secure ourselves across three fronts. To start that chaos, we travel to Russia, and Moscow, as we play Dinamo in the 2nd leg.

It turned out to be a dour game, but we still won it, as an early goal from Michalek sealed the 3 points. A confidence boosting win by all accounts, and one that secures our place in the next round.

View attachment 187205

As is becoming typical though, a poor performance straight after saw us drop points to WBA. It was a tense game by all accounts, but we can still feel annoyed.

View attachment 187204

At this point, I departed the country, and went to Serbia to meet up with the Chilean international team. As promised, with the groups drawn, it's time to document what happens in the build up.

View attachment 187203

Ok, so Serbia aren't a bad team, but we crushed them. Saccani scored twice, and the former Argentine continued to take to international like a duck to water. Hugo Fernandez also finished two, and the on-loan Lincoln centre midfielder impressed in front of his club manager.

Japan away finished our fixtures for the year, and a solid display saw us bring home some more pride. A few more games like that, and we may stand a chance in the summer.

View attachment 187202

Those results also see us move up to 41st in the world. Given the players they have, this is a massively low position for Chile to be in still.

View attachment 187201

Back to business, and more points for Lincoln. We are very much the irresistible force currently,scoring with abandon, but our defending could be better.

View attachment 187200

To the Allianz next, and a game that will decide top spot in the group. Thankfully, we exacted revenge on Bayern with a smash and grab performance late on that got us a point. Unbeaten against Bayern in two games is incredibly satisfying really, and a sign of how we have progressed as a team.

View attachment 187199

Unfortunately, the unbeaten run had to end sometime, and we lose it to City. It's frustrating, we give ground to City in the early title race and we concede 4 at home. A pretty poor day for us really.

View attachment 187198

We'll just accept I was right and move on...

View attachment 187197

So, what do the tables look like? Well, the Premier League still looks reasonable. 3rd and 6 off top is still manageable so far, but based on the season so far, we can do much better still. However, Champions League is still the priority, and will remain so this season.

View attachment 187196

Europa League rests on the last game. I'm confident we can beat Rosenberg and grab 1st from Bayern, but given how the group is going, I'm not resting on my laurels just yet.

View attachment 187195

December 2026

December is usually crammed full of games, and once again, ours was no different. We did start by exacting some revenge though, as we ditched City out the Capital One Cup on penalties. In truth, it was a highly entertaining game despite the scoreline, but we did enough from the spot to get us home.

View attachment 186868

That result sees in the draw for the semis, where we'll be facing a Derby County team that is going great guns in the Championship. Come January, they should be two great matches, and we have a massive chance of reaching the final.

View attachment 186865

Having celebrated my overall 600th game recently, I then celebrated my 600th Lincoln match with a end to end match away at Stamford Bridge. Super-sub Sampaio snatched the points at the death for us after a late Chelsea comeback looked to have ended our chances of winning. Once again, our away form has dramatically improved, and we are starting to look much better as a team.

View attachment 186857

View attachment 186856

Gah...

View attachment 186855

Our last Europa League game saw us needing to beat Rosenborg to top our group over Bayern. For a while I honestly thought we had blown it, but after having a goal ruled out, Lievens buried one from the spot to take the points. The result gives us a chance at a favourable draw in the next round, so here's hoping we can go far this year.

View attachment 186854

The Europa League hangover continued though, as Spurs managed to take a point away from the bank. After a blistering start to the season, we are starting to falter ever so slightly. Having a smaller squad than most isn't helping, but I'm not rushing out for signings for the sake of it.

View attachment 186853

We're off to Portugal again! Not the easiest draw in the world, but in reality, it could have been so much worse. Braga have struggled in the league this season as well, so it isn't unreasonable to suggest we can get the tie over quickly. Should we go through, Shakhtar or Atletico await. Joy.

View attachment 186852

Back to the league, and Brentford gave us a pretty good game. They may be struggling, but there is hope yet on this performance. A Pereira and Benali wondershow kept us on top though, and we take 3 points from the Bees.

View attachment 186851

Sheffield United in comparison were easier to deal with. Our attacking players enjoyed themselves as we scored 4, and kept the pressure on City at the top. We also continued our winning rivalry over the Blades.

View attachment 186850

Meanwhile, Old Trafford sees an old favourite return...

View attachment 186849

Our last games of the month sees a tight victory over Palace. Poor game, but we'll take the points happily. QPR followed, and were dispatched with aplomb to finish a highly successful month, and year.

View attachment 186846

View attachment 186845

Pogba cleans up with the World Golden Ball and World Player of the Year Awards.

View attachment 186844

View attachment 186843

2nd in the table at this stage is fine with me. We do need to cut out the drawn games though, they are holding us back currently, and who knows, a point may make all the difference come the end of the season.

View attachment 186842

January 2027

January promised to be a chaotic month as well, with 3 competitions to fight for, and having to fend off various transfer bids an inevitably. We start with the Capital One Cup though, and a narrow victory over Derby puts us in control of the tie. We were surprisingly poor, but we still won anyway, so we move on.

View attachment 186768

Our first business of the window sees Gustavo Alexandre depart to the Ukraine. He had become a liability when playing, and with the emergence of Bryan Santos this season, I was more than happy to take the money and run.

View attachment 186767

We carried on, and dispatched Bournemouth easily enough. We lost the clean sheet at the end, but we keep the pressure on City, and our midfielders just keep on dominating games for us.

View attachment 186766

This deal hurts for a number of reasons. One, because I couldnt shift the release clause. Two, I have no right wingers left. Three, Almeida and Michalek have destroyed teams this season, and I just lost half the dynamic duo. The 71m does soothe the pain a touch though.

View attachment 186765

The post-Michalek era begins with a draw in the FA Cup to City. We'll be seeing them again soon.

View attachment 186764

Very soon in fact, as we lose the replay 1-0. I hate City.

View attachment 186763

To replace Michalek, I bring in Hans Tello, a player I know well from my Chile squad. Listed at Dortmund, he should fit in very well on the right flank, and the talented Chilean should be able to hold that flank down.

View attachment 186762

View attachment 186761

Our rough run continues with a draw at Old Trafford. A fairly chaotic match somehow ended level, and whilst last season I may have been pleased, now it feels like a missed opportunity.

View attachment 186760

Normality resumed with a solid 2-0 win over Watford. We need to gel quickly after a couple of departures, or we run the risk of losing more ground on City. Thankfully, this was more like our old selves.

View attachment 186759

We finished off Derby easily enough to seal our 2nd appearance at Wembley in a final. We'll be playing Sheffield United, in what promises to be a very close encounter, but one we should be confident of winning.

View attachment 186758

Our last act of January is to bring Mabika Arnaud in on loan from Monaco. He's just cover for Tello on the right, and whilst I have an agreed future fee of 15m, he'll need to impress me for me to pay that.

View attachment 186757

Still 7 down on City. This could yet go to the wire, but we need to pick it up a little. Winning our game in hand would also be a good start.

View attachment 186756

Season 2027 Finale

My plan was to do individual months as with the previous, but I'm miles behind now, so time to catch up very quickly. So, let us begin with the Premier League:

View attachment 186389

We blew it. City win the league by 5 points. We could have stolen it from them at the end, but we didn't have enough left in the tank after a grueling season. I'm thoroughly gutted. In fairness, City did have the two top scorers, but we were right in it to the end.

What it does also mean though, is that we are entering the Champions League for the first time in the clubs history. Given it screwed me with Bayern last season, I'm looking forward to a ridiculous group this year.

So, with the league finishing without silverware, what about Europe?

View attachment 186388

It's 0 for 2. Chelsea best us in the Semi Finals, after we knock our At Mad and Marseille. Once again, we fall just short. Rather satisfyingly, Chelsea did lose in the final to Sevilla, so I did enjoy that at least. Still no silverware though, what was promising to be a superb season has slowly unraveled for us.

Last but not least for Lincoln, the Capital One Cup. Surely we couldn't blow this as well?

View attachment 186387

WE WON! My second trophy in charge of Lincoln, and it was the same as the first one. This was back in late Feb though, so we were still in decent form. Our Wembley experience counted for a lot, as we crushed Sheff Utd in the final. It also gave us European qualification, not that we needed it in the end.

Our team of the year?

View attachment 186386

Pretty standard really. Pereira at CM is a bizarre choice, but he was quality on the left with Benali, so they both deserve to be in there. Santos shone alongside Sanchis in his debut season, whilst Michalek's early season form sees him in the team for the last time. Tello will look to have that spot from him next season.

Speaking of Tello, join me next time where we join him and his Chilean teammates in Uruguay for the Copa America. With Chile in good form under Kerry, it promises to be an exciting tournament.

Consistently one of my favorite reads here! Looking forward to next season in the champions league!

Just read it right from the beginning and I really loved it mate! Was such a brilliant read can't wait for the next update, hats of to you.

Just got through the whole story and I have to say how great it is. You have turned Lincoln into a real force. KIU

Just read it right from the beginning and I really loved it mate! Was such a brilliant read can't wait for the next update, hats of to you.

Just got through the whole story and I have to say how great it is. You have turned Lincoln into a real force. KIU

Thanks guys, it's been a long old journey, but it's finally starting to pay dividends