They'll be dancing in the streets of TNS tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Without screenshots so most of you will not read/like this!

TNS

Basically the best team in Wales, but this isn’t about the short term this is a long term project to challenge the super powers of Europe.

This wont be a blow by blow account of my game or a story based post, mearly an extended review of the season!
Screenshots wont be uploaded unless requested (in which case someone will have to tell me how to upload them ;-) )

Start of game Info
League Rep: 35
Club Rep: 2100 (12 league teams with me being the highest rep and bala being the lowest at 1200)

European Quals: 1 champions league premlims and 3 Europa league prelims.

Season 1 – 2010/11
Board expects win everything!
Players in: 10 (3loans) £10K
Players out: 12
Noteable Players: Giffton Noel-Williams
Nicky Featherstone
Chris Anderson
P 32 W 21 D 5 L 6 GF 62 GA 34 PTS 68
10 points clear of second place never looked like losing it at any point. 'Nuff said!
League cup: Very poor lost in 1st round but whereas I wasn't bothered the board whined about it all season long!
Welsh FA Cup: Won it 2-0 beating Prestatyn. 15:3 in goals scored/conceded.
Champions League Qual 2: Only good point to this is the £300,000 you get for participating!! Hapoel Tel-Aviv – They came, they saw , they conquered! 8-0 on Agg.
Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – Bangor City
FA Cup Winners - TNS
Top Scorer – Rhys Griffiths 16 (Llanelli)
Manager of the Year – Gavin Chesterfield (Haverfordwest)

Season 2 – 2011/12

Board expects win everything except Europe of course
Players in: 13 (1 loan) £12k but this was a loan fee only
Players out: 5 £0
Noteable Players: Nathan Rooney
Lubomir Michalik
Aaron Martin

P 32 W 21 D 6 L 5 GF 62 GA 28 PTS 69
Almost identical to last season but conceded fewer I was 15 points ahead of 2nd place.
League cup: Beat Haverfordwest 3-2 aet all domestics cups now won
Welsh FA Cup: Lost in the semi-finals to Barry Town 2-1. Poor result especially as Barry ended up getting Relegated.
Champions League Qual 2: Came up against the power house of Polish football that is Polonia Warszawa. They beat us 4-1 at our place but we earnt a credible 2-2 away draw but alas to little too late.
On a side note Park hall has a capacity of 3000 but due to FIFA/UEFA rules can only hold a max of 1000 as we only have 1000 seats which is annoying as we only average 250 in the league so the board wont add more seating.

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - Haverfordwest
Top Scorer – Lewis Codling-19 (aberystwyth)
Manager of the Year – ME!

Season 3 – 2012/13

Players in: 8 (2 loan) £36k but this was for the loan fees only
Players out: 6 £0
Noteable Players: Gary Gardner
James Hurst
Kerry Morgan

P 32 W 22 D 5 L 5 GF 70 GA 28 PTS 71
Again an improvement on last season with more goals scored.
League cup: Played five games 1 conceded. Won the final 1-0 against
Welsh FA Cup: With a record of 17:2 including a 7-0 3rd round victory against non-league opposition. Won 3-0 against Bangor in the Final. My 1st treble.
Champions League : Wow just wow
Qual 2: Metalurgs (Latvia) coasted through 7-0 on aggregate with a 4-0 away win.
Qual 3: TPS (Finland) won 2-0 at home so, to, the away leg they raced to a 3-0 lead after about 50 mins then in the 71st min scored an away goal and held on (from experince I knew this game was worth at least £2million
Play offs: Win this and its Champions League Group stage lose and its Europa League Group Stage so either way it was a win-win situation.... And then I saw I was playing Club Brugges (Belgium) so Europa League here we come..... lost 5-0 on aggregate, brave effort but always going to be really tough.
Europa League Group J consisted of Deportivo La Coruna, Fenerbache & NEC Breda. !st game at home to Deportivo went 2-1 up before losing 3-2 these 2 goals were the only 2 I scored in 6 games and conceding 17!!!

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - Haverfordwest
Top Scorer – Rhys Griffiths 19 (Llanelli)
Manager of the Year – Craig Harrison (Airbus)

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Season 4 – 2013/14

Players in: 7 - £140k Most of this on a 17YO cb
Players out: 2 - £10K 1st fee received
Noteable Players: Tom Taylor (the 17 YO cb)
Freddy Eastwood
Nathan Craig

P 32 W 29 D 3 L 0 GF 83 GA 17 PTS 90
Almost a perfect season. 35PTS clear of 2nd place. Didn’t drop a single point after a draw on 8/12/13
On the opposite side Goytre got relegated having won only 6pts (1win)!!!
League cup: lost in the Quarter Final against Aberystwyth 1-0
Welsh FA Cup: Lost in the Final against Neath 4-2
Champions League : Oooops I did it again!!! I did have to play 1 more round than last year.
Qual 1:Tre Penne (San Marino) 6-0 on agg saw us comfortably through
Qual 2: Maccabi Haifa (Israel) arguabley a V. big team 1st leg won 3-0 at home and held on to a 0-2 defeat away from home.
Qual 3: Domzale (Slovinia) Comfortably won both legs 2-0 H & 4-0 A to book our (at least) £2million Match
Play offs: Tough. Handed a Very difficult (When arent they at this stage!) tie agianst FC Cluj (Romania) and were dispatched 7-2 with ease.
Europa League Group stage consisted of Braga, Club Brugge (again!) and (the chav-tastic plastics hmmmm yeah real life bias here) Chelski. Safe to say Bottom of group 0pts (and a 4-0 whooping away at the bridge, though this was my worst defeat) scored 1:13 conceded!

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – Carmarthen
FA Cup Winners - Neath
Top Scorer – Freddy Eastwood 25 (TNS)

Season 5 – 2014/15

Board expects win League and FA cup. League cup based on other results and learn from europe.
Players in: 4 - £0
Players out: 9 - £0
Noteable Players: Harry Keane
Conrad Logan

P 32 W 24 D 2 L 6 GF 79 GA 29 PTS 74
Won it but were ****.
League cup: Beat Port Talbot 2-1 in the final (Comp record of 13:4)
Welsh FA Cup: Beat Port Talbot 3-0 in the final (Comp record of 17:2)
Champions League : Hmmmmm I was spoilt in the last 2 seasons....
Qual 1: Qormi (Malta) 10-2 on agg This is getting easy!!!
Qual 2: Vojvodina (Serbia) Won 1st leg 2-0 away from home Eastwood did miss a penalty but hey that wont matter with the 2nd leg being at home... Comfy yay 2ng leg can you guess yes you ****** can a 3-1 home defeat sees me knocked out on away goals not happy!

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - TNS
Top Scorer – Freddy Eastwood 23 (TNS)
Manager of the Year – Mark Jones (Port Talbot)

On a side note I notice at the end of this season the following messages in my inbox:
the Welsh PL moves up 121 places to 260th
TNS move up 87 places to 280th
The WPL moving up is entirely me as I don’t think another Welsh team has won a game let alone a tie!!!
Season 6– 2015/16

Board expects win League and FA cup. League cup based on other results and learn from europe
Players in: 13 - £42K for loans. The loans are to boost my number of under 19's in the squad for league rules.
Players out: 3 - £0K although I loaned a few out during the season
Noteable Players: Leigh Griffiths (The best player I have ever had!!!)
Adam Clayton

P 32 W 26 D 4 L 2 GF 105 GA 37 PTS 82
Scored over a ton in the league and 42 were scored by Griffiths he was AMAZING!
Bridgend became the worst ever team with no wins & only 3 draws conceding 99 goals.
League cup: Beat Carmarthen 2-1 in the final
Welsh FA Cup: Lost in the 3rd round 1-0 to non league Nefyn not great.
Champions League : The greatest season I have ever had!!!
Qual 2: Flamurtari (Albania) comfortable 7-1 aggreagte win
Qual 3: FC Vasuli (Romania) won 6-1 on aggregate scoring 3 goals in both legs.
So one game away from the Holy Grail of the group stages
Play offs: Omonoia (Cyprus) I thought if I was going to get through then this would be my best chance of doing so. 1st leg beat them 4-1 hoping that the away goal wouldnt come to bite my back....of course it did as in the 2nd leg they stormed into a 3-0 lead before I scored but alas they scored again meaning the scores were level at 90mins so extra time they scored imidiately and I was heading out until I got the away goal and held on for an away goals victory and £6.5million prize money....
Champions League Group stage: I was awarded with a group which consisted of;
H A
Olympiakos 0-5 1-2
AC Milan 0-3 0-6
Real Madrid 0-5 0-3

Soo *** whoopings all round 1:24, and to insult to injury I only won 2/6 domestic games after Champions League action, including my 1-0 cup defeat after being spanked 5-0 by Real!
Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - Neath
Top Scorer – Leigh Griffiths 42 (TNS)
Manager of the Year – Tomi Morgan (Carmarthen)

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Season 7 – 2016/17

Board expects win League and FA cup. League cup based on other results and learn from europe
Players in: 9 - 65K for loans.
Players out: 6 - £0K
Noteable Players:Joe Mattock
Giles Barnes
Boaz Myhil
Leon Newell – Didm't look overly good but played very well with Griffiths

P 32 W 26 D 5 L 1 GF 105 GA 29 PTS 83
23 points ahead of 2nd place
Cwmbran Celtic were relegated with 5 points conceding 105 goals
League cup: Beat Neath 5-0 in the final record of 14:3
Welsh FA Cup: won 2-1 against Carmarthern in the final, record 13:4
Champions League :
Qual 2: Santa Coloma (Andora) 3-0 Away & 4-0 at home gave an easy route through to;
Qual 3: Red Star (Serbia) lost 1st leg 3-1 away from home but I was hopeful due to my away goal but alas it wasn't to be and altough I won 4-2 at home I was denied buy those **** away goals.
So I thought that was that until I realised I was put into the hat for the 4th Qualifying round of the Europa League WooHoo …. Until I saw who I got....
Europa League 4th Qualifying round: Schalke (Germany) Oh well
1st leg away damage limitation or so I thought battling like Trojans we beat them 2-1 so to the 2nd leg at home held them at 0-0 for 3/4s of the game and they looked like scoring but we nicked a goal to win the tie 3-1 on agg.
Soooooooo........
Group L H A
AZ 0-1 0-3
Bordeauz 0-2 0-1
Newcastle 1-2 0-3

Better results but still no win or any points in a group stage so disappointing really.

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - TNS
Top Scorer – Leigh Griffiths 40 (TNS)

Season 8 – 2017/18

At the start of the season the WPL was up to 119th (1 ½ stars) in the rankings
And TNS were up to 134th
The Europa League seedings were better for meaning the other Welsh clubs could now get knocked out without winning at a slightly later stage!!

Board expects win Blah Blah Blah
Players in: 15 - £500K on a young scottish winger. Most of the other signings were squad players
Players out: 10 - £5K
Noteable Players: Jim Brash (Young Winger)
Kieran Richardson

P 32 W 29 D 2 L 1 GF 105 GA 23 PTS 89
A ridiculous 36 points ahead of 2nd place.
League cup: Beat Aberystwyth 2-1 in the final record of 11:4
Welsh FA Cup: won 4-0 against Carmarthern in the final, record 22:0
Played non-league Caerau Ely in the semi's and narrowly beat them 8-0!!
Champions League :
Qual 2: WIT-Georgia (Georgia) 1-1 Away & with a squeaky *** eventually eased as we dispatched them 4-1 at home
Qual 3: Levadia (Estonia) 5-2 aggregate win gave us a tie which guaranteed group stage football, but in which competition.....
Play offs: As we drew RB Salzburg it was the Europa League which we were destined for as they beat us 2-5 away in the 1st leg and although we won the home game 2-1 this wasn't enough and bang we were out.
Group E:
So game number one at home in front of 1000 fans we took on the might that is Barcelona 1-0 we went getting excited until bang 2-1 down at half time and fearing the worst. Until bang 2nd half we found our selves 4-2 up and in injury time they pulled one back but it wasn’t enough and we triumphed in what was our 1st victory and points in a group stage although in the return leg at the Nou Camp were got massacred 8-1 oops.
Aslo in the group were Braga (H 3-1 A 1-0) & Kaiserslauten (A 0-0 H 4-2) so with a grand total of 13 points I progressed to the 1st KO round where we were drawn against FC Lorient (France) now I usually take 1 game at a time and dont get to optimistic but I did think that this wasn't the worst draw we could get so typically they battered us 2-7 on agg but hey-ho great achievement and something to build upon.

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - TNS
Top Scorer – Leigh Griffiths 30 (TNS) slowly getting worse!!
Manager of the Year – Neil Gibson (Prestatyn)

Season 9 – 2018/19

Board expects, We do not torelrate failure
Players in: 9 - £8K
Players out: 15 - £150K Sold Leigh Griffith wouldn't stop moaning contract running out wouldn't re-sign so sold him

P 32 W 23 D 8 L 1 GF 75 GA 18 PTS 77
Still cant seem to go the whole season with out defeat. Too many draws but hey I still won the league.

League cup: Easily beat Prestatyn 4-0 in the final
Welsh FA Cup: Lost on Penos to Llanelli after a 2-2 draw

Champions League :
Qual 2: Marribor 4-1 agg
Qual 3: NK Dinamo only won 1st leg at home 3-2 so was rather nervous going into the 2nd leg however I shouldnt have been as I dispatched them 3-0 away to progress
Play offs: Young Boys (Switzerland) lost away 0-1 and in the home leg battered them but alas they kept a clean sheet so did we boom and we are gone into the Europa League]
Europa League Group G

Shamrock Rovers 4-1 0-3
Bordeaux 0-0 0-3
Benfica 1-1 0-3
3rd position wasn't too bad. Also we were seeded 3rd for the 1st time!

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - LLanelli
Top Scorer – George Farmer 24 (Bangor)
Manager of the Year – Gavin Williams (Afan Lido)

Season 10 – 2019/20

Board expects!!
Players in: 13 - £825K on a DMC and AM L/R
Players out: 12 - £425K starting to think ahead(its about time) and get rid of players sooner who wont renew their contracts.

P 32 W 26 D 4 L 2 GF 76 GA 20 PTS 82

League cup: Beat Air bus (now managed by my former CB & Captain Lubomir Michalik) on penalties after a 0-0 draw
Welsh FA Cup: Lost to Llanelli (yet again & they are getting closer in the league) in the 1/4's

Champions League :
Qual 2: Suduva 2-0 & 2-0 saw us easily through
Qual 3: Linfield lost 2-4 away in the 1st leg but held on in the 2nd leg to win 2-0 and go through on away goals!
Play offs: Domzale this tie was wrapped up at home with a brilliant 6-0 win and after coming from behind we beat them 2-1 in the return leg to send us through to the UCL group stages
Bordeaux 0-4 1-3 (6times in total we have played these and without spoiling! We play them next season to!)
Man City 0-1 0-3
Sporting 0-4 2-2
Crashed out 4th again but I do feel that we are competing better

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - TNS

Some good progress! Hopefully you have a few youngsters coming of age now that are good enough for europe. Well done.

Its the one country I can't take a team in FM- Wales. Once you get to the top, thats it. You just win, win and win- And then have to be prepared for trashings in the CL. Basically, the Welsh League is the some bog-standard as the Blue Square South- Its very poor, too easy and too boring.

Wow. The achievements you have made are astounding. Congratulations.

Its the one country I can't take a team in FM- Wales. Once you get to the top, thats it. You just win, win and win- And then have to be prepared for trashings in the CL. Basically, the Welsh League is the some bog-standard as the Blue Square South- Its very poor, too easy and too boring.

Yeah it is chuffing boring but the aim is to stop getting the spankings in europe which is slowing down. Its very tedious but ive got alot of time on my hands!

Why did you post this?! Just inspired me to do something similar. :'(

Why did you post this?! Just inspired me to do something similar. :'(
Good luck it will sap your life. But its worth it when.... 1. You win your 1st league 2. You win your 1st Euro tie 3. Qualify for a group stage 4. Beat a BIG team .... thats as far as ive gone!!!

I really don't have the patience for this , I think by the time I'd built a Europe-quality team I would have pulled all my hair out!
But really congratulations on managing this , a fantastic achievement!

In accordance to the thread name; Is TNS a city?

well there full name is The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club

so their based in Oswestry

In accordance to the thread name; Is TNS a city?

No heres an explanation lifted from Wiki

On the Sky Sports football show Soccer Saturday, TNS's name is gently mocked by the programme's main presenter, Jeff Stelling. At the end of the day's classified check (in which the Welsh Premier League is always the last set of results given, and in which TNS are often alphabetically last), if TNS have played and won at home, Stelling invariably uses his now famous catchphrase "They'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!"

Any more seasons done? Please post update when you have time!

No heres an explanation lifted from Wiki

On the Sky Sports football show Soccer Saturday, TNS's name is gently mocked by the programme's main presenter, Jeff Stelling. At the end of the day's classified check (in which the Welsh Premier League is always the last set of results given, and in which TNS are often alphabetically last), if TNS have played and won at home, Stelling invariably uses his now famous catchphrase "They'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!"

Jeff nicked it from Sam, who said it by accident:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Leitch

Read this in community fm and a very good achievment

Wow mate, this is **** hot! I tried this with Llanelli (my closest team) and didn't get this far XD but I'll be sure to try again. Keep it up.

Season 11 – 2020/21

Board expects everything including the league cup!
Players in: 15- £300K 4loans & £250K on a 17YO DMC
Players out: 11 - £425K My “star” DMC was sold he was moaning contract up etc but main profit came for an out of contract M/AM L clinging on in my ressies who was snapped up for £350K

P 32 W 26 D 4 L 2 GF 90 GA 25 PTS 82
Was 27 points clear of 2nd (Yawn) but its getting closer at the bottom with the newly promoted teams actually putting up a fight.

League cup: Beat Carmarthen in the final 2-0 at the Millenium Stadium in front of a massive 4201 people!
Welsh FA Cup: Finally another treble!!! and what a place to do it... Nuevo Malecon in Torrelavega SPAIN!!! So a convincing 3-0 win over brigen and I topped up my tan at the same time!

Champions League :
Qual 2: Olimpi Rustavi (Georgia) 1-0 Away, 3-1 Home better than pre season friendlies!
Qual 3: Impuls Dillijan (Armenia) 3-1 away form home and a 7-0 home win gave us an agg score of double figures!
Play offs: Vardar (Macedonian ) completed our Qualifying trip of eastern Europe and over the two legs we beat them 8-0 on agg!

So another group stage and guess who should be in my group again.... not only Bordeaux but Man City aswel, how many times....! Oh and to make thing better AC Milan!

So it goes a bit like this Game .1 City at home lost 3-1

1. Bordeaux away 3-1 defeat
                  2. AC Milan at home 2-1......... VICTORY Get in the the Geoff in
                  3. AC Milan at the San Siro 1-1 Mwwwwwahahahaha
                  4. City 3-1 …... defeat. Oh well I needed a draw from my home fixture with Bordeaux to go in to the Europa League knockouts
                  5. Brodeaux Home a weak limp wristed 2-0 defeat high disappointing

Season Review:
League Winners - TNS
League Cup Winners – TNS
FA Cup Winners - TNS
Top Scorer – Ritchie Snowden 22 (Aberystwyth)
Manager of the Year – As Chesney Hawkes once sang “I am the one and only!”

AND so you dont think im making it up!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...0/screenshots/

LOL you've beaten Milan!? That's something to be proud of!

Status
Not open for further replies.