View attachment 278174
A poor, poor result today. We just didn't show up, I was very unhappy we just let them bombard us with long balls today and we did not defend them, the back four had no shape today and that ultimately cost us. We set up today to try and be solid in midfield and had wide players to give us that pace and a bit of flair but it didn't work. I take the blame for throwing in one very young player today and maybe he wasn't ready to play against a side like West Ham away from home, we have a lack of experience in the wings, they are all very young and untested at this level which needs to be addressed. We have had transfer offers accepted for certain players which will be revealed when more has come out of it but unfortunately none are wingers.

View attachment 278161
We set up wanting to try and protect the defence and we conceded more goals this game than we had in the last two, it is very disappointing to play so poorly, I feel we were flat in attack and that as my fault for picking three players that are either inexperienced or not played much football this season.

We're live at St James Park and it is the pre match press conference, we're here live as we speak to Thierry Henry on the news that there has been a new signing

Reporter: Good morning Thierry, we've all heard the news how busy has the last 48 hours been for you and the club?

Thierry: It's been very busy, more than the public know. I have had very little sleep this week, there has been a lot of organising and planning.

Reporter: How exactly do you mean? Well firstly we know of one thing Jonny Williams from Crystal Palace has signed a contract and will be joining Newcastle United when the transfer window opens, what do you see in him that will add to the side?

Thierry: What do I mean? Well we have done a lot more business than you think, we are currently in talks with three players and I am expecting two of them to join but I have my doubts about the other player. Out of respect I won't say who we are looking for looking for but this could be a big big buy for us and would have an effect on shirt sales that's for sure! I have also recently started another coaching qualification, it is another step closer to reaching all of the badges and hopefully I can get this done quick so I can solely focus on Newcastle United.

Jonny is a magnificent little player, he is exceptionally talented on the ball and will add that bit of magic to our game, we already have Remy Cabella and in January we will have another player that can turn a game instantly.

View attachment 278122
Reporter: We have news just in on another signing that has been confirmed, you will know who it is Thierry, James Tomkins. The West Ham centre back will officially join the club in January, the paperwork has been finalised and will join the club, how important of a signing was this for you?

Thierry: It was very important that we completed this, we are short on centre backs and it was a position that was number one for me to complete, I have only just heard it's been finalised now so that is great news to get it over the line.

View attachment 278123
Reporter: Thanks Thierry, that's all for now thanks for the answers.

Last edited:
I am liking the game by game updates, it makes it feel like I'm sharing it to all of you in real time, so if I wrote a pre match press conference, it is actually a pre match thing as I won't have known the outcome of the result yet and not scripted in anyway, I didn't really know how to explain that haha

I agree, similar thing in mine, although I'm actually a couple of games ahead, I just copy and paste what I have saved in a document, which I typed during the game

I agree, similar thing in mine, although I'm actually a couple of games ahead, I just copy and paste what I have saved in a document, which I typed during the game

That's a good way of doing it. this is my first proper attempt on a story and I don't know how to get it right just yet and don't think I've found my style.

That's a good way of doing it. this is my first proper attempt on a story and I don't know how to get it right just yet and don't think I've found my style.

My first one too! We're both learning :) You're doing well so far, keep it up! :D

View attachment 278045
Can't quite believe we managed to pull this off, we have just signed a Brazilian legend and he may not be young but will definitely add a lot of quality and experience to the side, this has to be one of the biggest name signings that I will ever pull off. He as well as the others will join in January.

View attachment 278044

View attachment 278043
We reverted back to the 2-2-2-3-1 today as we plan to beat the team that are currently stuck bottom of the league with a win, being without Daryl Janmaat today might be a bit of a loss but we had to give him the day off as he picked up a knock in the warm up. Ayoze Perez picked up two assists in his last game and was easily one of our better players hopefully he can keep up that form today.

View attachment 278042View attachment 278041
We went a goal down today and I was hoping we could've kept a clean sheet but I am really pleased we managed to hit back quickly, Pérez looked cool as ever as he slotted the ball in the corner, I knew he would be good but not as effective as he has been since I took over. What worries me is that we need to start converting more of our chances, too many times I saw us miss absolute sitters. We won though and the three points is the most important.

Coloccini also got his name on the score sheet and looked solid in defence except for the one slip up to allow Chamakh in through the early stages.

Once we made it 2-1 I didn't want us to stop, I told the team to keep on attacking and to keep pressing high up the pitch, that is what we did but we just didn't get our luck in the end. To be fair to Wayne Hennessey, without him in net it could of got a lot worse for Palace.

Last edited:
View attachment 277729

View attachment 277727We go into this game knowing that it will well and truly be a tough physical battle, Hull are a very direct side and will cause us a lot of problems if we don't work as a unit properly or if we don't defend as a team, the last time we played a direct side we got battered 4-0 by West Ham, I have again gone for a similar looking formation but I have made little tweaks to how I want my team to play, hopefully we can shut out the long balls fired by Hull and make full effect of the quality we have in front of goal.

View attachment 277725View attachment 277724As predicted it was a tough game, we edged Hull though in our performance and I believe we fully deserved the last minute winner by Sammy Ameobi. I am delighted for him, it is his first match back after recovering from an injury that kept him out for two months and repaid my faith in him by collecting a coolly finished goal. We weren't at our best in defence and allowed Alex Bruce to score from a pretty simple corner set piece, I will be putting the boys under some defensive set piece practice over the next few days. Ayoze Perez again today was simply brilliant.

View attachment 277718A very disappointing start to the month as we lost two on the bounce, which I believed last month could've been two very winnable games. I was unhappy with our collapse to Leicester as we went 2-0 up but we threw it away and in the Premier League you can not drop off. We finished the month in style however as we got two 2-1 wins in a row against mid table Hull and struggling Palace. We have a busy schedule next month as we have seven games and play some tough opposition, Aston Villa and Q.P.R are two teams we play at home this month in the league and we should be looking to get three points from those games.

View attachment 277720
We stay firmly in mid table, our players are hoping for Europa League qualification and we would much rather do that by finishing in the top 6 than achieving it by winning a cup, although we do want to win domestic trophies it will be even better if we manage an unlikely 6th place finish.

View attachment 277711
Ayoze Pérez is my player of the month for November, he has been absolutely outstanding. It was close between Moussa Sissoko and Ayoze Pérez but Pérez had that bit extra, he had that ability to put an effect into the result whether it was assisting or scoring goals he did both of them perfectly, he has also been very versatile. This month he has played on the wing, in midfield and up front and has been a very consistent performer, so well done Ayoze.

View attachment 277686

View attachment 277685
This formation is now familiar to Newcastle fans and the players, the players have learned how to use this offensively and defensively, I am full of confidence that we can go out against a good Southampton and beat them, their style is a lot different to our previous opponents and are a dangerously quick passing team, today I haven't set up to stop them from playing, we are here to match their playing ability and to perform better.

View attachment 277684View attachment 277683We won! We got the luck of an early own goal which set us to be fairly comfortable throughout the match, Southampton never felt out of the game but they never truly tested Tim Krul who had a pretty simple game today. We again though completely dominate the game shot wise and we need to score more goals, it's a must. We create the chances but we don't convert many.

I am pleased with how we played today, we passed the ball very well in triangles and at times really stretched Southampton. Janmaat and Haidara were superb they really give us that width when attacking and also track back when defending, they both probably have the hardest job on the pitch and they have been excellent since I came in.

Onto the next one against the big boys Manchester City.

View attachment 277678

View attachment 277677We've used a 4-5-1 a few times away from home now and except for one result we have been comfortable playing like this, I have told the players to do exactly the same as last time player role wise but I have tweaked our style of play slightly, we want to hit City on the counter and hopefully get something on the break, we will be looking very compact today.

View attachment 277661View attachment 277660
We've been robbed! A game we deserved to win by a country mile but as I said after the game last week we need to take our chances! We were not extremely poor in front of goal in fact Joe Hart had the performance of his life but we did waste chances... again and although we deserved something it is not good enough when we should be getting a point or even three.

I shouldn't give the boys too much stick we did play well but we were wasteful that is all, Pérez was a joy to watch at times but was the worst culprit for wasting chances. Cabella and Gouffran who just came back in the side, did very well on the wings. I told Gouffran to cut in more in the second half and take more shots and it almost worked as he hit the post twice with some sweet efforts from long range, my final mention goes to Moussa Sissoko who was an engine today, he definitely is something special for our team and we will be arranging contract talks with him over the next few days.

Next we have Aston Villa at home and hopefully we can get back on tracks.

Last edited:
Good luck with City mate, very tough game. Loving your presentation on this btw, very nice!

EDIT - Gee you got that up quick! :p

Good luck with City mate, very tough game. Loving your presentation on this btw, very nice!

EDIT - Gee you got that up quick! :p

I've played a few games ahead but written all in word before the next matches! Thanks anyway and luck is definitely what we did not have against City, we could've easily beaten them.

*Spoiler alert(ish)*

You will soon see what this team can do

Edit gave the City post a bit more detail

Edit 2: Thanks for the compliment! I think I've found a way to present it in a way I feel comfortable about

View attachment 277658

View attachment 277657
We return with an attacking style today, I don't think Villa are the best defensively and we will look to act on that by throwing 6-7 players at them whilst attacking. Of course though they do have threats like Fabian Delph, Christian Benteke and Jack Grealish so we need to be well aware that they can cause problems at our end if we was to be put under threat.

View attachment 277656View attachment 277655
We dominated a game again, we also had 20+ shots again, we was also wasteful for the majority of the game again. We were the better side but honestly this time we didn't look like scoring at all, we opened the scoring after a mistake by Brad Guzen put Ayoze Pérez through on goal. We did concede to a very poor defensive mistake which they capitalised on, I will be focusing on our defensive positioning before we play Liverpool in our next game.

We did regain the lead and the scoreline rather flatters us with how poor we were in front of goal, Perez was fantastic again today he only had five shots which is not a lot compared to how many we had so I am glad he was prolific this game. Looking at the stats after I am glad that a lot of our players get in goal scoring positions but unfortunately we have been too wasteful. Janmaat also got on the goal sheet and was easily the goal of the match, he was on the right hand side in a crossing position and he absolutely powered it into the top right corner.