I apologise for lack of detail for a derby game, I may change that in the future and may do it differently to entertain you all a little more

How much space did they give Kaka! Think I could of scored given that much time :p

I think Liverpool's formation may contribute to their shocking defence, it seems the game is trying to recreate Rodgers' 3-4-3 formation, but by pushing the wing backs up to midfield the defence is shockingly exposed!

I think Liverpool's formation may contribute to their shocking defence, it seems the game is trying to recreate Rodgers' 3-4-3 formation, but by pushing the wing backs up to midfield the defence is shockingly exposed!

That is true, they never seem to do well for in my save when Rodgers is in charge

Just caught up with this, as a Newcastle fan I am loving the story. Really interesting formation as well!

Just caught up with this, as a Newcastle fan I am loving the story. Really interesting formation as well!

Thanks mate, it's something I've never used before and I was never going to use it until I saw we were playing Arsenal next and felt I'd try something to stop them playing but for us to carry on attacking

Just read this from the start, looks like you've come on leaps and bounds in a short space of time, congrats!

View attachment 276644

View attachment 276643
Today I have tweaked our formation and style, I wanted to try and fit in the younger boys to face against Bradford so I tweaked it by adding some width, Aarons has been in some good form recently so he was a nice option for me to have today and I altered the formation just to fit him in, today we have rotated a bit, I wouldn't call it a weakened side as that is disrespectful towards my players and I believe we have still fielded a strong rotated side.

Our style is different, we today are hoping to use the wings a lot today and want to get balls into the box whenever possible when in crossing positions, we are still however looking to play a good passing game.

View attachment 276642View attachment 276641
Bradford set out today to defend for their lives and try and scrape through with counter attacks and that was fairly obvious from early on but whenever when they tried to counter there was too many of our players already high up the pitch so they were quickly dispossessed. When they did defend they did it as a unit and they restricted us to a lot of long shots which is quite obvious by the scoreline, it didn't have much effect.

I still believed we played well and we didn't stop piling on the pressure, we did try and get a lot of crosses in today but a lot were easily defended or went straight to the keeper, however one cross did work and Rolando Aarons headed it in perfectly into the bottom left, it was a real let off today as we didn't look like scoring and that is not because we were wasteful it is because we just couldn't break down their defence to slip a pass through into the box.

View attachment 276640Next in the FA Cup we have Fulham who are doing really well in the Championship and are third, currently they are four games without a win and we hope they can keep it like that till we face them. It will be another tough game as most games are in this competition, hopefully we can use our home advantage to get us through.

Last edited:
View attachment 276206

View attachment 276201
Today we have set up how we have done quite regularly at home and today is no different, Swansea are not doing very well and have been quite poor recently and I hope we can take advantage of that and get the win. Kaka and Jonny Williams start their first matches together in the same side and I hope they can provide some magic to give us the win.

View attachment 276200View attachment 276199How poor were we today, we were extremely poor and it is one of our worst performances at home and still managed to get a point, we had a lot of long range efforts and had a lot of chances that never were in a really good shooting position, I don't think we had one clear cut chance today so we did not deserve the win although stats may prove otherwise. The stats however do prove that we need shooting practice as we only had 6 shots on target out of 27.

I do expect us to improve next game and I hope we have less half chances and more clear cut chances to lead to goals.

View attachment 276194

View attachment 276193
I'm quite nervous, I am not entirely confident we can go to a very tough place like the Britannia Stadium and get all three points especially as we have looked quite edgy recently and it looks like a bad result is just around the corner. Of course I haven't said any of this to the players and I have told them to keep on going and do their best to get the three points. We have set up to cover the defence and try to counter Stoke today.

View attachment 276191View attachment 276190
Ah this is frustrating, we definitely deserved more today and I am quite unhappy we didn't at least get a point, Begovic was absolutely superb today and we just couldn't beat him. Quite often we were wasteful (yeah I know, again) but today we had some really good chances to win the game and we couldn't get past Begovic as he made some absolutely brilliant saves and it was one of those days we just could not get past him. Hopefully we can improve in the next game and get something out of it but we need to play better overall.

View attachment 276189
Capital One Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

View attachment 276188
I kept confidence in using the 4-1-2-3 today although we did lose last time out, I feel we can perform better than we did last time out so I have full faith in the players to play well. We haven't set to counter today like last time out, we will simply try and play our own game. We have gone through some specific instructions to stop Schneiderlin and Tadic.

View attachment 276186View attachment 276187
We were really poor today and I wasn't happy with our performance, I let the players know. I thought Ayoze Pérez and Moussa Sissoko particularly under performed today which is a surprise as these two players are usually the stand out performers. We really lacked any desire or effort today and that was frustrating, especially in defence. St Mary's is a hard place to come by but I expect better especially when there's the stake of getting to the final.

View attachment 276183

View attachment 276182
I am going for a completely different style tonight and it may be one the fans frown up on, our football will be a lot more direct and long as we look to put the Fulham defence under as much pressure as possible. A flat 4-4-2 will give us balance and should also make us hard to break down. We hope to win by a couple of goals but I will be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win as long as we slightly deserve it as I want to feel that our form will begin to pick up so our season doesn't go on a massive downward spiral.

View attachment 276180View attachment 276179
This game was so dull, if I was a fan I would fall asleep. We did not play how I wanted too and rarely ever gave a Championship's side defence any problems which is really concerning regarding our current form which is really getting quite worrying. We did score though with our only effort on target which came from a corner. Today Fulham deserved the win and we got away with it.

Next time I don't crop images at 4 in the morning -_-

Hahahaha! Lesson learnt! :p

Don't worry mate, im not above some bodgey editing either. Been waiting for someone to point out that there is no such month as Ocyober! LMAO!

Last edited:
View attachment 276177
West Brom away next in the cup and if we play like we have done recently, I can not see us getting much of a result.

View attachment 276176View attachment 276175View attachment 276174

Now I missed out on a couple of these that have happened over the past few weeks, Kaká was firstly injured and will not be available selection for the next few weeks, Adam Armstrong was the next injured and will also be unavailavle.

Facundo Ferreyra became unhappy about the lack of football and we both agreed to terminate the loan.