Things to do before a football match

saroy94

Reaction score
I am going to play my first game for my club tomorrow afteroon, but I don't really know how to prepare for it. Apart from warming up and a quick session with the team right before the match, what else should I do? What food is best to eat? I run alot so plenty of energy will be needed, thanks.

best food - in my opinion is pasta it gives you energy and it's my favourite food

Don't eat crappy/junk food...... Dont drink alciii b4 the match....

Matches are normally at 12:30, sonetimes earlier, so pasta woudn't be ideal.

Just make sure you have a proper breakfast cereal or something, take a few chocolate bars with you for half time so that you can eat it to build up Lactic Acid in your legs which keeps you going for longer.

Pasta's full of carbs and will give you a slow release of energy. Best food probably.

Wank. A lot. Get all un-needed ***** out of your system as it'll weigh you down. You'll be so much quicker if you pulse one out about 45-60 minutes before kick off.

Hope it helps :)

Coco Pops, orange juice and a banana. And that's coming from an unfit lad :p

EDIT: Make that around 9:00am, then about an hour before, just drink a Lucozade Sport (or something of relatively equal energizing) consistently, small and constant swigs rather than mouthfuls at a time. :)

Wank. A lot. Get all un-needed ***** out of your system as it'll weigh you down. You'll be so much quicker if you pulse one out about 45-60 minutes before kick off.

Yeah, or that, I guess.

Dude I'm quite unfit myswlf but thanks xD

Alex, you do know masturbating makes you lethargic if done too much? That's the last thing I need.

Just make sure you have a proper breakfast cereal or something, take a few chocolate bars with you for half time so that you can eat it to build up Lactic Acid in your legs which keeps you going for longer.
You dont want lactic acid when playing..

Good luck in the game. Hope all goes well :)

You dont want lactic acid when playing..

I got it wrong, what I mean tto say was it stops the build up of lactic acid XD as it fills up the muscle in your legs again.

Apologies :p

Knew someone would say it XD

I am going to play my first game for my club tomorrow afteroon, but I don't really know how to prepare for it. Apart from warming up and a quick session with the team right before the match, what else should I do? What food is best to eat? I run alot so plenty of energy will be needed, thanks.

Try to eat carbohydrates, pasta is good, I always eat half a pack of jaffa cakes before a game and at half-time, they give you a little energy boost. I drink water although, Lucozade sport, Powerade etc are good, don't drink anything fizzy, or coffee, nothing like that.

Most of all though, believe in yourself :)

Dude I'm quite unfit myswlf but thanks xD

Alex, you do know masturbating makes you lethargic if done too much? That's the last thing I need.

It will build up your muscles but make sure u use both hands to allow both arms to bulk up. Will make you stronger and able to shoulder barge players off the ball

Thanks :) I need the luck, we're rock bottom of the league.

It's alright no worries.

Masturbating does make you lethargic. I'm already strong and fast enough so don't give me that bullcheese xD

I'll be drinking some lucazade ;)

lol, to be honest i just chill, play PS3 dont get to stressed otherwise i cant play right :L

Thats a point-heard about a few prem players who eat jaffa cakes too

Well you'll build up arm muscles then, exert a bit of strength. Or if like myself, you ********* prematurely then you'll have no problems.

Knew someone would say it XD

And let's be honest, it was always going to be me.

It will build up your muscles but make sure u use both hands to allow both arms to bulk up. Will make you stronger and able to shoulder barge players off the ball

WHS ^