Things to do before a football match

Masturbation before the game will help, Alex is 100% right. You will be way faster. Also try not to be nervous.

eat 2.5 or 3 hours before the match
if you eat just an hour before the match, you will feel some pain in your stomach

Last edited:
I've got enough strength as it is but thanks for the info ;)

Play PS3? I just did earlier :p

how long before the match would it be reasonable to eat pasta? & Jaffa cakes it is :D

how long before the match would it be reasonable to eat pasta?

Over an hour, I'd say.

My matches are generally at 3 and I have something filled with carbs at about half 1, nothing much though just a small bowl/plate.

how long before the match would it be reasonable to eat pasta?

If it's a midday kickoff, the night before. Or really, really early in the morning.

*Eat WHEATABIX

*Watch football and watch the player that plays in your position and pick up on things that he does and try and add them into your game

*Stretch before leaving the house as you dont want to be stretching out in the cold

*Take LUCAZADE SPORT with you. Make sure its not fizzy Lucazade as it will leave gas in your stomach while playing

*When on your way to the game get your head into the game. Think about what position you are playing and things you should do durin the game

*RELAX

I ate lamb this night. Also I will forget the pasta, as matches are usually around 11.

Thanks everyone for advice, I'll be nipping off now.

eat 2,5 or 3 hours before the match
if you eat just an hour before the match, you will feel some pain in your stomach

Thanks for your nutritional insight there.

You put food experts such as Gillian McKeith to shame with that logic.

Eat pasta 3 ours before or 2 if pushed but I have played football for years and have captained my team.
I have breakfast watch TV then focus mentally
I take part in the teams warm up and then im ready to go

*Eat WHEATABIX

*Watch football and watch the player that plays in your position and pick up on things that he does and try and add them into your game

*Stretch before leaving the house as you dont want to be stretching out in the cold

*Take LUCAZADE SPORT with you. Make sure its not fizzy Lucazade as it will leave gas in your stomach while playing

*When on your way to the game get your head into the game. Think about what position you are playing and things you should do durin the game

*RELAX

I eat weetabix every day apart from weekend. It does get me going! As for watching how someone plays in position i play, I have Robben as mine ;)

Also try and have a laugh or a bit of banter with one of your team mates. Our team often go on fairly long bus journeys and we generally have a laugh and a bit of a sing-song. One lad fell asleep once on the back of the bus and after the manager clocked him he stopped the bus and ordered us all off in the middle of nowhere. We got off the bus he closed it all up and threw a stone at the window. The lad got up absolutely ******** himself, was hilarious. So yeah try and relax, I know before our games, especially away ones we try and spend as much time with the manager and team. Try not to isolate yourself and think about anything negative.

Haha sounds like a right laugh! My coach would do something like that. Plus I am very determined and highly ambitious, nervous is the last thing. I imagine every match like a training session and that'a how i motivate myself :)

Never know. Do well enough, follow all the advice, you may end in FM in the future lol

The key is to relax, i played for semi pro team for little bit and was just nervous beyond words... i don't know how prem players cope !!

Also eating 2 hours before match is good, just stay calm mate good luck :)

Haha sounds like a right laugh! My coach would do something like that. Plus I am very determined and highly ambitious, nervous is the last thing. I imagine every match like a training session and that'a how i motivate myself :)

Shouldn't that be the other way around ?

Never know. Do well enough, follow all the advice, you may end in FM in the future lol

I already am you know! Im a manager. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

(A)
Shouldn't that be the other way around ?

I know what you mean. I stand out in training sessions, as I am always putting my full effort and bagging plenty of goals. Thinking like that will make me try and do the same. If i think too seriously, I tend to get nervous.