Reaction score
i was man city playing west ham
as usual i dominate 1-0 up on all out attack 30 minutes left
8 shots 5 on target

20 minutes to go 2-1 w.ham
2 shots on target, 2 goals LEE BOWYER

one a 40 yard run with top corner shot
every 2nd shot the opposition has seems to go in

any1 else having same problem, happens all the time 2 me i can accept losing jut not in same stupid way all the time

SPORTS INTERACTIVE PLEASE SORT IT QUICK

sort ya tactics out you cant expect to win every time just because your man city, play realisticly be a non league team

If you play all out attack all game your gonna get done.

All out attack * for me anyway) is when its the last 10minutes and your 2 goals down and you may aswell just go for it. A whole game thou...

i dunno though this game does seem pretty ridiculous sometimes like i play a lot of championship teams and the amount of times some awful DM dicks my whole team and blasts it in the top corner from 20 yards and i lose 1-0 when they have 1 shot on target and all my players with 19 finishing cant put away from about ten one on ones. it does seem raaaaaaaaaather biased against me too many times for it to just be coincidence

are you joking mate? your playing all out attack, of course you losing all the time.

why cant you accept the fact that this game is a good representation of football today. Sometimes strikers dont score, championship teams beat premiership teams, thats football.

exactly torquay united (BSP) beat blackpool, and should outplayed coventry, 2 championships sides outplayed by conference teams thats how football is

I was Newcastle and got beat by West Brom 4 - 1 - they only had ONE shot all game and that was a penalty, 2 of em were own goals and the 4th went straight in off a corner, I'd had 62% possesion 26 shots, 17 on target, hit woodwork 4 times & 2 goals ruled out for offside!!! Glad it never happened on my laptop otherwise that would've gone straight out the window!!!

The match engine models your players getting frustrated and sloppy if they have lots of possession but can't score. The problem with 'chances' tend to be that they aren't quite as easy as they look - if all your chances are coming from through balls, then you should on average only score 1 in 4 of them at best. Get the ball wider and cross it to make easier chances.

If you go all out attack you're going to be left open at the back so West Ham playing you on the counter attack are going to get you then. Maybe your half time team talk wasn't as good as West Ham's. I find going "attacking" works better than "all out attack" unless you're playing someone like Glapwell Town then you can just go All Out Attack and you wont be in any danger

Its an extremely realistic game. You get out of it what you put into it. I have only lost 2 games this season (it now being December). I am 2nd in the Premiership and those teams who beat me are 17th and 19th. However I sent out a ghost team and spent no time studying them before hand. I assumed that as my players were better I would win. I have claimed lots of big scalps over the seasons by approaching the game carfeully not by picking most valuable XI and going all out attack. Whenever I do that out of laziness or arrogance I find it often doesnt go well.

Yea its extremely realistic , i put 20 perfect crosses into the 6 yard box per game because i have the best wingers in the world and my world class striker rarely latches onto them , they just wizz right across the field.
Its extremely realistic , it takes me 5 clear cut chances to score one or two goals( with world class strikers) .
Its extremely realistic , it takes the computer opponent less clear cut chances with worse players to score.
Its extremely realistic, if you attack a counter attacking team you have 60 percent possession , dozens of chances/shots ( playing wide or narrow) , yet they score on most of their breakaways usually with a garbage player. In fact even if you play defensive against a (counter attacking side) they score on the break according to the msg box.
Its all in the game, as the saying goes.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Its true that the game does have sensitive controls , if you get lazy or arrogant you can lose to inferior sides. I dont care if its in the Bible though , my shots/clear cut chances to goals ratio is higher than the computers ( ive played 600 games) , you can torture/opress/subjugate me i wont change that veiw.

Get yourself an XBox and a copy of LMA Manager,i think that would be more your cup of tea.

Since my penultimate jump in tactic understanding, it's the computer who more often suffers that. AI needs several shots to get the goals while I can win with just a few. I have one screenie like that in the frustration thread.

As I say, there's one point of truth, bit it's not exactly that. Yes, you see several **** clear chances missed by your team and equal opportunities got in with way more percentage when it favours the AI. That much is true, but the problem lies elsewhere and is what is implied by my bolding of apparently clear chances. It would rather seem that when highlighting your best chances, the AI instead of highlighting best chances that are not good, in which the striker hits well marked or from awkward angles, it still picks a play in which you see the player alone against the goalkeeper, same as when the AI gets real clear cut chances. And that is what I'd say is the real problem, giving you a graphical representation that doesn't fit the actual worth of the attack when the play is the best the team had but still no good.

In a note that I don't pretend to address the point, as the point is actually more addressed by the above, the Barcelona-Chelsea matches had some so clearly cut chances by world class Drogba and Eto'o, where the goalies should not had any chance, yet they missed. It doesn't address because those were like the 3 in 1000 chances like that they miss while in FM you see players missing 750 in 1000 or so.

The thing is: it's not the AI doing any cheating, is the AI not knowing how to correctly translate into graphic what is what play would be happening.

The aforementioned screenie comes to show (from memory, can be slightly off):

Portsmouth (my team):

8 shots.
3 on target
3 off target.
2 blocked
2 clear cut chances.
40% possession.
2 goals.

Manchester United:

25 shots
13 on target
9 off target
3 blocked.
5 clear cut chances
60% possession.
0 goals.

My goalkeeper stopping a lot of shots that I was already thinking "oh damnit, there goes my match/my victory/my safe advantage (depending if during 0-0, 1-0 or 2-0, obviously)"

I have a few that I returned at the AI those matches of cursing at the AI goalkeeper.

One of these days soon, I'll try to dig some interesting thread from here and some years ago that helped me make the tactical jumps from my "AI cheats like **** it does" days until now.

You mean

i am **** i need to get it sorted :p

i know if i play all out attack teams will get chances
complaining bout people like lee bowyer scoring twice in the way he did
and the amount of times the opposition score with either their first shot or first shot on target

i was man city playing west ham
as usual i dominate 1-0 up on all out attack 30 minutes left
8 shots 5 on target

20 minutes to go 2-1 w.ham
2 shots on target, 2 goals LEE BOWYER

one a 40 yard run with top corner shot
every 2nd shot the opposition has seems to go in

any1 else having same problem, happens all the time 2 me i can accept losing jut not in same stupid way all the time

SPORTS INTERACTIVE PLEASE SORT IT QUICK
Just get over it. that what football is all about. Using your ****** brain. No team can get away with playing all out attack in a league game. ever. unless your playin against 10 year olds it will NEVER work!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.