This game is **** fm get it sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop failing, stop blaming the game for your stupid errors tactically. You people get on my wic. Take some time out from trolling forums with this **** and read some tactic guides.

Stop failing, stop blaming the game for your stupid errors tactically. You people get on my wic. Take some time out from trolling forums with this **** and read some tactic guides.

i have read tactic guides.
partly right bout the errors tactically and the game is not ****, it is brillant

it was a heat of the moment thing, i mean come on lee bowyer had just scored twice! :)

yeah, only go all out attack if you are losing last 20 mins or something

Since my penultimate jump in tactic understanding, it's the computer who more often suffers that. AI needs several shots to get the goals while I can win with just a few. I have one screenie like that in the frustration thread.

As I say, there's one point of truth, bit it's not exactly that. Yes, you see several **** clear chances missed by your team and equal opportunities got in with way more percentage when it favours the AI. That much is true, but the problem lies elsewhere and is what is implied by my bolding of apparently clear chances. It would rather seem that when highlighting your best chances, the AI instead of highlighting best chances that are not good, in which the striker hits well marked or from awkward angles, it still picks a play in which you see the player alone against the goalkeeper, same as when the AI gets real clear cut chances. And that is what I'd say is the real problem, giving you a graphical representation that doesn't fit the actual worth of the attack when the play is the best the team had but still no good.

In a note that I don't pretend to address the point, as the point is actually more addressed by the above, the Barcelona-Chelsea matches had some so clearly cut chances by world class Drogba and Eto'o, where the goalies should not had any chance, yet they missed. It doesn't address because those were like the 3 in 1000 chances like that they miss while in FM you see players missing 750 in 1000 or so.

The thing is: it's not the AI doing any cheating, is the AI not knowing how to correctly translate into graphic what is what play would be happening.

The aforementioned screenie comes to show (from memory, can be slightly off):

Portsmouth (my team):

8 shots.
3 on target
3 off target.
2 blocked
2 clear cut chances.
40% possession.
2 goals.

Manchester United:

25 shots
13 on target
9 off target
3 blocked.
5 clear cut chances
60% possession.
0 goals.

My goalkeeper stopping a lot of shots that I was already thinking "oh damnit, there goes my match/my victory/my safe advantage (depending if during 0-0, 1-0 or 2-0, obviously)"

I have a few that I returned at the AI those matches of cursing at the AI goalkeeper.

One of these days soon, I'll try to dig some interesting thread from here and some years ago that helped me make the tactical jumps from my "AI cheats like **** it does" days until now.

sooo is this trying to say the game has bad graphical rep or that for u its shows most chances and for ai shows only best, cos the large amounts of words hurt my head :'(

maybe smaller paragraphs XD

Well don't play an all attack tactic. If you think they're going to score, put your team to more defensive, maybe even a few more defensive midfeilders.

Not saying it didnt suck, or that it may not be hapening to you too often, but it does happen in real life as well...

sonnor, I say: it may have a part in the choreography looking like a better chance it really is, though considering some other parts of the game I don't think that's is too likely. In fact, when I watch some rl match there's a lot of such easy chances missed.

And yeah, should try simpler paragraphs and simpler phrases, being english not my native language and knowing my english grammar is not too good, and sometimes sucks a lot.

I was A.C milan havin the same problem, playin attackin aswell.
i was dominatin then last 20minutes especially away from home i was concedin goals so i just set my tactics to normal usually around the time imakemy first sub, and things are goin well.

i have read tactic guides.
partly right bout the errors tactically and the game is not ****, it is brillant

it was a heat of the moment thing, i mean come on lee bowyer had just scored twice! :)

Yes, and?

As long as Lee Bowyer was on the pitch, I don't see the problem. Are you saying its physically impossible for Lee Bowyer to score twice in a match?

i had that but i chage me tatic right nw i am winning all the time but not all the time
4 me best team ive played with grimsby town in league 2 iwas useing 4-4-2 nd i was doing **** soo ive chaged it to 4-5-1 now i am in league 1 soo that mad the differect

oo yer bye the way i was 18th in league 2 when i was useing 4-4-2
soo that my tactic for league 2 nd 1

there are some annoying bugs about fm09 such as the amounts of longshots always scored but it seems your tactics aren't good. Surprised you only lost 2-1 though. I can't stop looking at JP Woody's profile pic

Hi new to the forum, thought I would mention an experience where the AI would have been cursing at its self, if possible :S

I'm Llenlli in the Welsh premier (gunna do a few seasons here to build up reputation to maybe jump straight into a league 2 job or just go BSP and work my way up :D )

and as some of you may know they are basically of League 2 - BSP standard.

I had Bradford in a pre season friendly which i was tipped to loose heavily too, I won 2-1 with 2 shots on target they had loads cant remember exactly how much and had a pen saved. Squeaky *** time for 45 whole minutes i can tell ya!!

Next game is Dinamo Tblisi in the CL 1t qualifing round.

Again tipped to loose heavily they go 1-0 up after 5 mins so Im thinking o dear a drubbing. as the game goes on they shoot, it goes over repeat 13 times!! then 81st min i had 1 shot it goes in :D end game 1-1 happy days thinking i was just lucky

Next game is Dinamo Tblisi again but im at home this time. Cut a long story short i won 7-0 in a match my fans were not expecting to win nor was I!!! I really dont know how this happened every shot I had went in.

Next game is billercay town pre season i expect after my heroics i will get spanked by them :D funny old game this but when the AI does seem a bit dodgy it can go in your favour too!!

i dunno though this game does seem pretty ridiculous sometimes like i play a lot of championship teams and the amount of times some awful DM dicks my whole team and blasts it in the top corner from 20 yards and i lose 1-0 when they have 1 shot on target and all my players with 19 finishing cant put away from about ten one on ones. it does seem raaaaaaaaaather biased against me too many times for it to just be coincidence

u have 100% got that right. this game is so predictable it really frustrates me at times. with qpr pellicori has 17 finishng and zaki (who i bought) has 14 i think. yet both miss chances that are rarely missed in real life. and this is at 3rd in table after 18 games so morale is soaring. also have you noticed that every time one of your players gives the ball away it results in a goal. this game has parts that are good, but the predictability ruins it, and i cant stand this **** any more- rant over.

u have 100% got that right. this game is so predictable it really frustrates me at times. with qpr pellicori has 17 finishng and zaki (who i bought) has 14 i think. yet both miss chances that are rarely missed in real life.

Wouldn't that make the game unpredictable?

Anyway, thats football. Having high finishing doesn't mean that the player will score every chance, just like real life. Football is not a logic

also have you noticed that every time one of your players gives the ball away it results in a goal. this game has parts that are good

Haha! Are you serious? So you must let in like 20 goals per match

Why is an FM2009 thread being brough back up?

u have 100% got that right. this game is so predictable it really frustrates me at times. with qpr pellicori has 17 finishng and zaki (who i bought) has 14 i think. yet both miss chances that are rarely missed in real life. and this is at 3rd in table after 18 games so morale is soaring. also have you noticed that every time one of your players gives the ball away it results in a goal. this game has parts that are good, but the predictability ruins it, and i cant stand this **** any more- rant over.

this is an fm09 thread, not sure why its been resurrected.

anyway. finishing is not the only attribute needed to score a goal. composure and technique are just as important. (which is why claude makelele was able to score one on ones for fun on my fm07 game, when he was at the peak of his powers with a composure stat of 20)

if a player is buckling under the pressure of a one on one often, he will most likely have a poor composure stat. use a control tactic to draw the opposition out of defence, be more patient, passing the ball about and retaining it, eventually create a chance that requires an instinctive finish, rather than a 20 yard run onto a through ball resulting in a one on one, meaning a lot of time for the striker to think about (and then fluff) his shot. try time wasting more so they take their time a bit more in a 1 on 1 situation.

technique is important for fully utilising a players finishing skill when in an awkaward position, ie off balance, acute angle, under pressure from defender etc.

Last edited:
this is an fm09 thread, not sure why its been resurrected.

anyway. finishing is not the only attribute needed to score a goal. composure and technique are just as important. (which is why claude makelele was able to score one on ones for fun on my fm07 game, when he was at the peak of his powers with a composure stat of 20)

if a player is buckling under the pressure of a one on one often, he will most likely have a poor composure stat. use a control tactic to draw the opposition out of defence, be more patient, passing the ball about and retaining it, eventually create a chance that requires an instinctive finish, rather than a 20 yard run onto a through ball resulting in a one on one, meaning a lot of time for the striker to think about (and then fluff) his shot. try time wasting more so they take their time a bit more in a 1 on 1 situation.

technique is important for fully utilising a players finishing skill when in an awkaward position, ie off balance, acute angle, under pressure from defender etc.
both players i mentioned have composure of at least 14, technique of at least 14, and if you are saying that makelele scoring one on ones time and again is realistic- you are a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.