Three-tactic-COMBO (Man Utd): CONQUER PL title! BANG Barcelona 6-2 Aggr! CL finalist!

dzunglv

Reaction score
Three-tactic-COMBO13.2.2 by dzunglv (Man Utd+Leeds Utd)

Best COMBO version ever for 13.2.2 is now release! (22nd Jan,13). 2nd Premier League with Leeds Utd (2nd season) Please scroll down to the end of this post for download link (mediafire link). From now on, 1COMBO is no longer available. COMBO tactics now only include 2COMBO and 3COMBO!

(29th January, 2013) So I decide to restore download link for 1COMBO on OP. However, please notice that COMBO tactics now officially just include 2COMBO and 3COMBO. I just put the 1COMBO link there for anyone who still interested in the old tactic, or anyone that wants to try it (my former testers knew how strong attacking it is). You can use it if you like and you may ask me about it if anything you do not understand, but I not recommend to use it on a regular basis.

In case you want to try it, scroll down to the Download section to get it and please only use at home, against any team you want to destroy, no OI and no Shout please.

1. Introduction
Firstly I want to say thank to these following reference

1) The Defensive Strategy
2) Fm13 in comparison to Fm12

My COMBO stories:

a. MAN UTD 1st season where we won PL and became UCL finalist

View attachment 303816View attachment 303817View attachment 303818View attachment 303819

b. MAN UTD 2ND SEASON WHERE WE WON PL ONE MORE TIME BUT CANNOT WON UCL

View attachment 303820View attachment 303821View attachment 303822View attachment 303823

c. LEEDS UTD WHERE WE GOT PROMOTION!!!

View attachment 303824View attachment 303825View attachment 303826View attachment 303827View attachment 303828

d. LEEDS UTD 2ND SEASON, FINISH 2ND, ONLY USE THE NEW COMBO TACTICS FROM 1ST JANUARY (start EPL season with almost no budget, predicted to be 18th)

View attachment 303829View attachment 303830View attachment 303831View attachment 303833View attachment 303840

Combo now concludes 2 tactics: (1COMBO had been removed! 1COMBO only works for 13.1.3 patch and older patch)

• - 3Combo - Attacking, possession, short passing tactics, prolific goal scoring!
  • - 2Combo - Countering, direct passing, solid defense with a high possibility of launching killer counter.

2. INFO

a. MANUAL GUIDE: (new)

How to choose between 2COMBO and 3COMBO for a match:
1. Home match or Away match, Stronger, similar or weaker team
2. Opponent team report, Tactic face, find the different between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 (2COMBO works similarly to the traditional 4-4-2)
3. Past meeting: What tactic you have used in the past? What was the result?

2COMBO:
View attachment 303837View attachment 303838

View attachment 304229 (*Barca-Arsenal ss credit to tiebreak)
- 2COMBO is useful on Away matches, or games against stronger teams where you want to build the game from the back and launch Counter
- Always start with Shout: Work ball into box. Also, please check my OI guide.
- 2COMBO/Defensive if play against very strong team
- If the goal keeper's distribution hardly reaches your attacker for a long time; change distribution to "Long kick", use shout: get ball forward.

- After about 25-30 minutes of the match, if it does not work, please consider these tips below:
+ Push higher up if waste chances a lot by Long shot. If still not work, increase Strategy gradually: Standard/Control... until your team creates chances but still solid on the back
+ Look for overlap if wingers can reach the byline but cannot cross through the opponent's FB
s
+ If leading just 1 goal, 75', hold on result by removing Work ball into box, use 2COMBO/Contain + play even safer
For more detail instruction: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...lona-6-2-aggr-cl-finalist-33.html#post1681540

My quote:
"This is a strange tactic, I must tell you that. I often see you guys looking for a tactic which can dominant and give you good number of chances and possession percentage. No offense, I understand that nobody want to play the game with anxiety moment. I'm quite sure 3COMBO can give you that. However, in soccer, you cannot always do that. Let see how Manchester United had played against Spurs last week, they only conceded at the very last moment. I mean if you want to run a good season long, you must find for your team a balance style. 2COMBO is the best couple with 3COMBO, it will have you to survive and even conquer the struggled match.

You may see in the following below matches, Away games or Home games against very strong teams, Leeds Utd rarely have a good possession. Our chances are also fewer, but the CCC is better.

View attachment 304168View attachment 304170View attachment 304172View attachment 304174View attachment 304176View attachment 304178View attachment 304181

You will never see 2COMBO to dominate the match for you. The key is to keen, wait for your opponent attack you first, and then you fight back with your wingers and poacher who can individually solve the issue. The opponent's dominance is what you are looking for. They push up their men, and they leave the space behind, and now is your work. Their chances are large in number, but most of them offtarget, or safely easy in your goal keeper's hands

So there are two goals in a match using 2COMBO:
- Solid defense on the back, prevent opponent from scoring
- After doing good with first step, you must be keen waiting for your chance
"

COMBO:
View attachment 303835View attachment 303839
View attachment 304230(*Everton-Anderlecht ss credit to birdman2002)

- 3COMBO is useful on Home matches, or games against weaker teams where you want to dominant and create a lot of chances

- Always start with Shout: Work ball into box. Also, please check my OI guide
- After about 25-30 minutes of the match, if it does not work, please consider these tips below:
+ Increase Poacher's Mentality by 2 knots
+ Increase Strategy to Attack if you feel safe and want to dominate more
+ Increase Run from deep of two Wingers
+ Look for Overlap if Wingers are marked and cannot cross
+ If passing does not work, try this:
Drop deeper + stand on feet + play narrower + pass into space + get ball forward + stand off opponents.
+ Reduce player's tackle if they are booked. Tell them to avoid another book during half time team talk
+ If lead 1-0, 75 minute, switch to 2COMBO, reset OI, Contain+play even safer

For more details, refer to this post: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...lona-6-2-aggr-cl-finalist-34.html#post1682096

b. SHOUT(some useful shout with COMBO)

- Work ball into box + Push higher up: reduce your Long shot
- Look for overlap: support the wingers when they are isolated
- Get ball foward + Pass into space: stop the defenders from mistake passin

c. Player types for COMBO tactics (Check this carefully before using COMBO tactics, especially AML/ML and AMR/MR positions):
(new)

GK: Best GK you can have there.
LB, RB: Best LB, RB you have there. Without ppm "Get forward whenever possible"
CBs: Best DCs you can have there, with height is al least 1m83, Jumping, Concentration, Marking, Tackling, Strength. The other DC's attributes (Composure, Positioning and Heading should be improved through training after you get one)
MCL: Best BWM you can get. Even a typical DC player can be merge into this position and work like a charm (Phil Jones, Agger I have tested so far)
MCR: Best DLP you can get. Goretzka, Hiljemark, Andrea Poli, Carrick... (Marking and Tackling should be improved through training after you get one)

Wingers (Very important!): Same strong foot with the flank you play him (Right foot AMR/MR and Left foot AML/ML). Pace, Accelation > 13 (should be improved through training if <16), Dribbling >12, Crossing>13. Training: Winger.
Better without ppm Cut inside!

AMC: Best advanced play-maker you can get, Passing, Technique, Anticipation, Creativity, Decision, Off the ball. Finish>12, Dribbling>11. Acceleration, Pace are better to >12
STR: Best poacher you get there. Acceleration >13, Pace >13, Dribbling, Finish, First touch, off the ball, Balance. It will even better if this guy is tall and is good at Heading and Jumping.

d. Opposition instruction: (new)

You should try this since I have tested it consistently with COMBO tactics for like almost 2 seasons (with Leeds Utd). Before coming to Leeds, I knew nothing about Shout and OI, so It had taken time for me to confidently post this. Try and make feedback!

Step 1: Ask your assistant for the outline. Several dots will appear beside the opponent players like this. These assistant's instruction should be kept steadily

Step 2. For DR/WBR and DL/WBL: keep the assistant instruction. Add to the position and player instruction (both position and player): Mark Always, Tackle hard, Show on weaker foot.

Step 3: For AML/ML and AMR/MR: Keep assistant instruction but add this to both player instruction and position instruction: Mark always, Tackle hard, show on weaker foot

Step 4: For STRCs (2 striker formation) and STR-AMC (1 AMC + 1 STR formation): Keep assistant opinion, add this to both player instruction and position instruction: Mark always

Step 5: Other players. For other players who your assistant think you should set instruction, you should consider a bit. For good Long shot player (Like Steven Gerrard), player instruction (Only player not position) Close down always. You must carefully use this, since setting instruction for too many opponent players will break your own formation

Step 6: In game, sometimes you will see some opposing player plays remarkably but not in your instruction list. He repeatably dribble the ball forward your goal, and shots it on his own. For these guys: Player instruction: mark always, close-down always, tackle hard, show on weaker foot.

Step 7: With these 6 steps above, you almost shut all the opponent key players. Then their coach will make changes to get his players out of your instruction (DL, DR change to WBR, WBL, AMC to STR, AML to MCL...) My suggestion is that you keep the opponent formation gadget to keep noticing when they change the formation (like the pic below)

2013-01-20_00003.jpg

In this photo, Yarmolenko is sub in and is not marked, so I added him in

2013-01-20_00001.jpg

e. Match training: click link below (thanks apvmoreira for your contribution)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...elona-6-2-aggr-cl-finalist-4.html#post1647109

f. Team talk:
click link below (thanks birdman2002 for your contribution)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...lona-6-2-aggr-cl-finalist-34.html#post1682150
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3a. Screenshots from my own seasons: go here:
Steam Community :: dzunglv :: Screenshots

3b. Screens collected from my brilliant testers (Cheers mates!)

I have removed them when trying updating my OP by mistakes. I will restore them soon.. Sorry guys

4. Download: (Version updated on 22nd Jan,2013) Now only 2COMBO and 3COMBO. 1COMBO is too fixed and cannot flexiblely change during matches, so I decide to remove it. Please use the newest tactics below (mediafire files, 2 seperated tactics). Remember that, on 13.2.2 patch, always use my tactic with at least the Shout: Work ball into box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently I usually cannot maximize the scoring result with 3COMBO. The press keeps telling me that Premier League opponents now know much about how we plays, and they have plan to defend against me. Using 3COMBO we only score 1-2 goals a match. So I decide to deploy back the former 1COMBO for a while (I still have there one free slot for another tactic, so why not) and amazingly we destroyed Everton 4-0 right in the first half.

So I decide to restore download link for 1COMBO on OP. However, please notice that COMBO tactics now officially just include 2COMBO and 3COMBO. I just put the 1COMBO link there for anyone who still interested in the old tactic, or anyone that wants to try it (my former testers knew how strong attacking it is). You can use it if you like and you may ask me about it if anything you do not understand, but I not recommend to use it on a regular basis. The tactic is not consistent on this 13.2.2 patch.

In case you want to try it, please only use at home, against any team you want to destroy, no OI and no Shout please.

If anyone find this post interesting, you may try my tactics in your own risk hehe. Thank for feedback if there is any:$. Cheer, and good game!

Last edited:
Download link not working. New link maybe?

Original link still works on my Browser. However I have added a Mediafire link for support. Sorry for inconvenience! :)

It is a .rar file, 3 tactics included

Nice post mate, with the tactics that United acctualy play. Exited to try out the 4-4-1-1 tactic, looks like the players are performing well.

I use 2 similar ones: Galore V3 at home and Awesome from Raikan away.

The only difference is that at home i use wingbacks.

But good work m8. Btw, do you use shouts at home or away (except the ones to loose time, ofc).

Nice post mate, with the tactics that United acctualy play. Exited to try out the 4-4-1-1 tactic, looks like the players are performing well.

Yeah and don't forget to give me feedback ;)

Actually I'm start the season and very happy that I can make all strikers to perform. Wingers and CMs also provide goals a lot! You know that Man utd have 4 strikers with 4 different styles.

Even Rooney when playing at AMC, he can both score and assist. Profilic beast, just like Nani and Valencia on two wings
View attachment 288248

Last edited:
I use 2 similar ones: Galore V3 at home and Awesome from Raikan away.

The only difference is that at home i use wingbacks.

But good work m8. Btw, do you use shouts at home or away (except the ones to loose time, ofc).

And why don't give my tactic a try hehe.

Thank for your appreciate. My tactics do not need shouts. I have tried but Counter shout, Pressure shout... do not actually work.

I have not looked into it further but until now no need shouts. My tactics can easily change aspects of team performance just like in one click (change the strategy)

And to my surprise, the "Hold on result" shout is really good. Two or three times we make some late goals (even at that time we don't need it, just keep the scoreline and happy). I guess it because the 2combo counter is at its best when your opponent desperately try to score onto you.

Hi guys!

About shouts, you can try it from here: Touchline Instructions | Football Manager 2013 Guide

Scroll down and there are several useful shout combinations. I use it good in FM12 and earlier FM13, but for COMBO, no need.

Anyway I don't know if it is legal to post a link from another website here. Sorry if I'm against the rule anyway. No offense :)

Hi guys!

About shouts, you can try it from here: Touchline Instructions | Football Manager 2013 Guide

Scroll down and there are several useful shout combinations. I use it good in FM12 and earlier FM13, but for COMBO, no need.

Anyway I don't know if it is legal to post a link from another website here. Sorry if I'm against the rule anyway. No offense :)

In another thread of the forum, we are talking about the shouts and by my surprise, it seems that shouts only work if the player/team instructions are set to default.

So, if you tweak everything, shouts will not work.

I will give your tactics a go, one at a time

In another thread of the forum, we are talking about the shouts and by my surprise, it seems that shouts only work if the player/team instructions are set to default.

So, if you tweak everything, shouts will not work.

I will give your tactics a go, one at a time

Is this thread Mr Hough's Shout because I'm now looking into it. Try anything that can improve my tactics!

After 2 good seasons with Awesome AMC tactic the teams in my league started to know my tactic and i started to struggle, tried your tactics as they suit my player positions, AND, won 8/8 matches, a nice 6-2 win agains Juventus in CL knockout was impressive.. Combo2 works great after scoring one goal.

Great post mate, and so far your tactic looks good, im currently testing it on 2 different saves, same team (Leicester city), exctly the same players, but one save with your tactic and one save with your tactic but with all the player instructions unticked so I can use the shouts system to see how it differs. Doing it a game at a time to see how it differs

Lastly, have u tried this with any other team apart from Man U? Just wondering if u feel this will work with say a NPower Lge 1 or 2 team

After 2 good seasons with Awesome AMC tactic the teams in my league started to know my tactic and i started to struggle, tried your tactics as they suit my player positions, AND, won 8/8 matches, a nice 6-2 win agains Juventus in CL knockout was impressive.. Combo2 works great after scoring one goal.

Cheer! Sound like a great start mate!

Any chance you share some of your screenshots with us, .i.e. your team squad. Are you using Man utd, too?

Do you win all 8 matches with 2Combo or all three tactics?

About Juventus win, can you tell the situation which led to 2 goals conceding?.i.e. a set piece or from wing crossing, a counter through ball? Because my aim in creating 2Combo is to prevent opponent to even score a single goal?

Anyway your players seem to adapt well into the tactic. Hope for more good results from you <3

Great post mate, and so far your tactic looks good, im currently testing it on 2 different saves, same team (Leicester city), exctly the same players, but one save with your tactic and one save with your tactic but with all the player instructions unticked so I can use the shouts system to see how it differs. Doing it a game at a time to see how it differs

Lastly, have u tried this with any other team apart from Man U? Just wondering if u feel this will work with say a NPower Lge 1 or 2 team

So what is the 11 first squad line up? Have you brought in any player? And I wonder if you use all of my tactics or not? ^^

However, the idea of unticked tactic test is great. Please update more result, and maybe some screenshots?

But I think you don't need to untick my tactics, because 3Combo is just the default version of 1Combo, and 2Combo itself is almost default tactics (default mean almost no tweak for player instruction). When I start the game with 1Combo, it's a bit hard to change the tactic approach, so 2Combo and 3Combo just solve the problem.

However, sadly my tactic until now is just test for Manchester United, and just one season. I will try to update more to you guys :)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

So there are now 2 testers informed about their starts. I'm so happy (omg excited) because this is like first time my tactics can be test on forum like this, and hope the run can continue :)

I'm upset now because 2 recent days I have so little time on gaming and cannot even step into 2nd season with Man utd, however there are a few updates to the tactics as follows (actually I forgot to tell):

COMBO UPDATE 1.0
- Please make sure your Goalkeeper distribution is set to "Defender Collect" in 1Combo and 3Combo, and "Long kick" in 2Combo
- Except for the case you have some long thrower so it is your choice. If you have no player like this, please set your Throw in to "Short throw" (Otherwise you may concede some stupid losing ball)
- Only when opponent team have only one striker, you may try set opposite instruction for this striker "Mark always" and "Closing down always". Otherwise, you should leave opposition instruction as default. I myself do not have good experience with it, skilful dribbler players like Ronaldo and Gareth Bale can ruin your formation (If someone does try opposition instruction, please share your story with us)
- For people who want to try using Shouts, or immediate team instruction changes during match,you can concentrate on 2Combo (Counter tactic) and 3Combo (Dominant possession tactic). Actually, 3Combo is almost like 1Combo, but set to default for player instruction (However, this is not recommended yet, because 1Combo is still now proven to score a lot more than the other twos)
- DO not use Shout for 1Combo (Thank for apvmoreira information)
- PPM: strikers and wingers should learn to "break the offside trap". AMC should not. MCs and AMCs "try killer ball often"

Also, this update (1.0) I will add to OP. Hope for more feedbacks from you guys. I will try to update my game process soon.

Last edited:
Very good tactic at home, **** tactic away.

Just lost in front of Anderlecht, Kuban Krasnodar. All of them away from home. And in every game away no CCC and just 3-4 shots ..

Very good tactic at home, **** tactic away.

Just lost in front of Anderlecht, Kuban Krasnodar. All of them away from home. And in every game away no CCC and just 3-4 shots ..

Hello k3r0s3x,

So sorry to hear that. I really hope you to help me fix this problem.

Can you upload some analysis detail about losses? What is the overall score table for these matches? How many goals you conceded? And how it happened? Set piece or middle attack or crosses from wings? We should build away games from the back, so can you tell me the percentage of your team's possession (in single match)?

Since I know little about situation I cannot sure what to do. But first suggestion is that you slow down the games and look at your back four a bit. If opponent get too much possession please change strategy to Contain. This should work. And don't forget that the striker should be quick for away match. If he is not, let try him as DLF and make your AMC and wingers come from deep more often.

About too little chances, you may try to change wide play of two wings. Cut inside? If your striker cannot get the ball then untick his target man

Last edited:
Looks good... so many tactics i tried. This is the only one i win Barca both home and away 4-2. :) using man utd too. Please make it even better. Finally a tactic worth mentioning.

Looks good... so many tactics i tried. This is the only one i win Barca both home and away 4-2. :) using man utd too. Please make it even better. Finally a tactic worth mentioning.

Hi duneboi,

Thank for your trying. Can you upload more detail about the match? So I suppose that the familiarity is minimum? What is the result for home match and away match separately? Have you make any changes during match?

And I will be happy if you decide to try my tactics for your next matches :)

I will begin my second season with Man utd today. Any update will come soon. Cheer guys!

Last edited:
Okay so before I go to the new season, let's say how eager we are into the big clash in Manchester this week (totally cannot wait any more) I'm a MU fan boy! Glory Man Utd!