Three-tactic-COMBO (Man Utd): CONQUER PL title! BANG Barcelona 6-2 Aggr! CL finalist!

Won the League Cup, 1-5 against City :)
Won 0-3 against Juve
Won 1-0 against Juve

Used Combo 2 away, combo 1 at home.

This where the hardest, but i have won all. Congratz for this m8.

Btw, i left my assistant the Oi and it works pretty well.

Thank you apvmoreira, you try it well on my tactics and even come back with valuable sharing.

Anyway I'm still testing on Goalkeeper distribution so I cannot make feedback to you at this moment as promised to you. You get the point when saying Long kick will reduce our possession in 2Combo. However I think it will be different between when the Goalkeeper is forced by the opponent to kick long and when he does it on purpose. Like Van der Sar, he did great on long kick.

So maybe it will also depend on the keeper. About the formation, sometimes my defend playing high so I think it is a bit dangerous to "Defender Collect" on Away match. I have seen defenders lost ball right after receiving it from keeper anyway.

However I think you got good result with your distribution so make feedback to me when you come here next time, okay?

View attachment 288649

i gotta tell you mate, this tactic is SICK! oh my god! unbelivable results! destroying everybody at home! abit weaker away from home, naturally, but still works fine.. The 4-4-1-1 also great so far, used it away to Everton and Spurs ( 2 very tough games ) and it performed great.. the 1 loss came from my mistakes at picking the team, started with 3 new players that i bought in the january window, and also used the attacking tactic so.. still owned the game with 5 CCC`s.

i think im gonna build my tactics from these ones here, they are really awesome! Congrats!

Congrat Runeaa!

Can you tell me who have you got in strikers, AMC, AMLs, and AMRs positions. Have you tweaked them? They are quite in mood in your save!

On Spurs game, I guess you concede from cross balls. Same thing when I played Man utd and Arsenal. Tottenham is really good at hugging touchline and cross. Their corners are always dangerous. Not mentioning here that you should also be careful when facing Chelsea. Their throwing set-piece is cracking my game!

Anyway, feel free to make my tactics your own, mate! Just don't forget to come back and tell me. Eager for your tweaks! ;)

View attachment 288823

here`s my first team, and from what i can see, its a very very strong team so, results will come!

morale is from good results and man-managment, keep the players happy with praise, good results and challenges!

i havent done one single tweak, the results have been the same, im almost done with the season now, knocked out Bayern in the quarter finals by winning 2-1 away and winning 3-0 at home. i use attacking for general training and use either attacking movement or defensive positioning for match training, depending on who i play. now and then, against teams like tottenham, stoke etc i train defensive set pieces for match training.

i have to say this tactic is highly impressive mate, i havent come close too loosing once since i started using it. the defence if tight, the attack is amazing! this is how i wanna see a 4-2-3-1 tactic work, with the striker and the amc in the center of attention! offcourse i have sick squad, but without a good tactic i wouldnt get the results i have been getting.

i hope more people will try this tactic, and are happy with it.

offcourse, the right man managment and dialog with the squad is extremely important aswell.. ill keep you posted, i only gonna make 1 transfer this summer, ill sell Strootman and Kagawa and bring in Lamela from Roma, Pastore from PSG or Gøtze from Dortmund, they will be perfect to rotate with Isco in the AP position.

PS: Neymar is the best player on FM13, buy him every day, pay whatever, he is leathal!

Last edited:
Neymar is for sale on mine, for 60 Million euro.

As i only play British/Irish players and wonderkids (more than 190) i can't buy him... :(

tactics got me of to a good start, playing as Cardiff and had a friendly against st etienne, won 5-1! it looks really good!

View attachment 288823

here`s my first team, and from what i can see, its a very very strong team so, results will come!

morale is from good results and man-managment, keep the players happy with praise, good results and challenges!

i havent done one single tweak, the results have been the same, im almost done with the season now, knocked out Bayern in the quarter finals by winning 2-1 away and winning 3-0 at home. i use attacking for general training and use either attacking movement or defensive positioning for match training, depending on who i play. now and then, against teams like tottenham, stoke etc i train defensive set pieces for match training.

i have to say this tactic is highly impressive mate, i havent come close too loosing once since i started using it. the defence if tight, the attack is amazing! this is how i wanna see a 4-2-3-1 tactic work, with the striker and the amc in the center of attention! offcourse i have sick squad, but without a good tactic i wouldnt get the results i have been getting.

i hope more people will try this tactic, and are happy with it.

offcourse, the right man managment and dialog with the squad is extremely important aswell.. ill keep you posted, i only gonna make 1 transfer this summer, ill sell Strootman and Kagawa and bring in Lamela from Roma, Pastore from PSG or Gøtze from Dortmund, they will be perfect to rotate with Isco in the AP position.

PS: Neymar is the best player on FM13, buy him every day, pay whatever, he is leathal!

Look like Isco did it for you. I bought him for 15m this season. Also caught Vladimir Weiss for free. I also bring in a CM guy who I forget his name now. I am about to make a recommended players for each position in Combo tactics so let me say I really encourage you guys to tell me your best performers! :x

tactics got me of to a good start, playing as Cardiff and had a friendly against st etienne, won 5-1! it looks really good!

Let me tell that if my tactics can make it for Cardiff until the season ending it will be the best thing ever. Cardiff is one of my fav. Hope that you still kept Jordon Mutch on your squad ;)

about to start my 4th season with United, played one game and it was alarming, lost 3-2 too Arsenal in the charity shield. i hope this isnt a sign that the tactic is allready familliar too other teams and i have too start all over again, thats gonna make me puke..

about to start my 4th season with United, played one game and it was alarming, lost 3-2 too Arsenal in the charity shield. i hope this isnt a sign that the tactic is allready familliar too other teams and i have too start all over again, thats gonna make me puke..

That's the beauty of it, or else you would just get and endless winning game!

Btw, can you post a ss of Steerling from Liverpool for me in the 4th season? tks

results are still amazing, if familliar to other teams, but team are simply too good ;) will post SS when i get from work.. Anyone else delighted by United`s win yesterday!? ;) :) ;) :)

results are still amazing, if familliar to other teams, but team are simply too good ;) will post SS when i get from work.. Anyone else delighted by United`s win yesterday!? ;) :) ;) :)

No!

As it goes I'm City atm after finishing in Europa with Crystal Palace and my tactics seem to be worked out now and even though I won the league by 10 points I lost against Madrid and knocked out by Sheffield Wednesday of the cup. Going to try this and will let you know how I get on.

Here's my first couple of games this season, think I'm going to have a FM rest now as I'm playing it nearly all day...addicted is not the word! View attachment 289730

UPDATE 1.1

Hi everyone,

Days no see you. How are things going on here? Any testers left?(H) I'm working and learning at the same time so sometimes I just cannot go online frequently.

However, I have updates for you on tactics. This get my Man Utd 25 unbeaten games in second season so far. However I have not finished updating so try them at your own risk. Here are updates for 1Combo and 2Combo. I also update in OP.

The updates have been deleted because they do not work it

Last edited:
So I started using these tactics 20 games ago. Not keen on combo 2, combo 1 was good at home but I've now decided to use just combo 3 both home and away and chane the mentality based upon my opposition's mentality. Its worked very well, won every league game bar 1 which was a draw with Man City, I went down to ten men and 2-0 down, changed to contain and knicked 2 goals. Lost league cup semi final to City 2-1 but pasted them in return leg. Lost FA Cup away at Arsenal 3-2 in a game I should have won.

Just to put this in to perspective I play with Sunderland. I am in my 3rd season though so it is not the Sunderland team one begins with. For training I use defending on average for general then either def pos or att movement on match prep based upon opposition/home/away.

My 1st choice striker is left footed so I encourage that you make the dlp the mcl left and bwm as mcl right if you have a left footer up front.

Oposition instructions seem important, as I have defenders good in the air I will show wingers down the wing if opp have only 1 up front and tight mark striker. I do no hard tackles apart from on a full back such as Maicon, someone like Baines I will close down. Depending on oppo mentality I will close down both their mcs, however, if they play counter or def/contain I will close down just their support/att minded mc.

Team talks, I always start calm with for the fans or variant of, passionate in big games or against tough teams when I'm home team. If I'm losing I may go aggressive at HT but normally assertive not good enough, show me something else etc. If I want team to keep it up I always go assertive but if I want "capable of better" I stay calm. Always praise wins but unconvincing wins should be "good win for us." I always stay calm when praising wins even if its a cup final win. I never congratulate on winning cup, I just say good win or happy with performance.

Hardest team I find is Man City, very hard. Their formation is difficult to beat and their frontline of Tevez, Aguero, Nasri etc oozes quality. Watchout if you are winning as Mancini goes 3412 or 352 and you will need to go contain or counter here. Apart from City I haven't had any probs putting 5 past Man Utd, 5 past Liverpool, 4 past Arsenal (loss to them in cup was rotated team.)

All in all a great tac based upon my team.

The devil of course is in the detail so my team is (right to left)

Stockdale, Mallo, Boyata, Hangeland, Digne, Wanyama, Colback, Walcot, Moussa Dembele, Adam Jonson, Abel Hernandez.

Ps, the set piece instructions in this tac do not work for me but I never use match prep of training att set pieces so that is probably why.

Last edited:
Any sort of key attributes for each position that you prefer? I don't want to spend money on players that don't fit the criterea.

But anyways, really nice tactic so far. Although I did have to make some tweaks to it in the Team and Individual instructions to fit my team more (although not much).

I did notice that the Combo2, the away tactic, does not always need to be played in away games. I usually just play them against big teams or mid-table teams away. I use Combo1/3 against weaker (lower table) teams away. Working great for me so far doing just that.

I've just finished using your tactic for one full season on my Newcastle save, and it's brought me great success.
I'll try and upload some screenshots later.

So I started using these tactics 20 games ago. Not keen on combo 2, combo 1 was good at home but I've now decided to use just combo 3 both home and away and chane the mentality based upon my opposition's mentality. Its worked very well, won every league game bar 1 which was a draw with Man City, I went down to ten men and 2-0 down, changed to contain and knicked 2 goals. Lost league cup semi final to City 2-1 but pasted them in return leg. Lost FA Cup away at Arsenal 3-2 in a game I should have won.

Just to put this in to perspective I play with Sunderland. I am in my 3rd season though so it is not the Sunderland team one begins with. For training I use defending on average for general then either def pos or att movement on match prep based upon opposition/home/away.

My 1st choice striker is left footed so I encourage that you make the dlp the mcl left and bwm as mcl right if you have a left footer up front.

Oposition instructions seem important, as I have defenders good in the air I will show wingers down the wing if opp have only 1 up front and tight mark striker. I do no hard tackles apart from on a full back such as Maicon, someone like Baines I will close down. Depending on oppo mentality I will close down both their mcs, however, if they play counter or def/contain I will close down just their support/att minded mc.

Team talks, I always start calm with for the fans or variant of, passionate in big games or against tough teams when I'm home team. If I'm losing I may go aggressive at HT but normally assertive not good enough, show me something else etc. If I want team to keep it up I always go assertive but if I want "capable of better" I stay calm. Always praise wins but unconvincing wins should be "good win for us." I always stay calm when praising wins even if its a cup final win. I never congratulate on winning cup, I just say good win or happy with performance.

Hardest team I find is Man City, very hard. Their formation is difficult to beat and their frontline of Tevez, Aguero, Nasri etc oozes quality. Watchout if you are winning as Mancini goes 3412 or 352 and you will need to go contain or counter here. Apart from City I haven't had any probs putting 5 past Man Utd, 5 past Liverpool, 4 past Arsenal (loss to them in cup was rotated team.)

All in all a great tac based upon my team.

The devil of course is in the detail so my team is (right to left)

Stockdale, Mallo, Boyata, Hangeland, Digne, Wanyama, Colback, Walcot, Moussa Dembele, Adam Jonson, Abel Hernandez.

Ps, the set piece instructions in this tac do not work for me but I never use match prep of training att set pieces so that is probably why.

Hi prescottrh,

Thank for your sharing on opposite instruction. This may help me a lot!

I'm happy that 3Combo works well for you. So how many away matches you have played with 3Combo, are the results still good so far? I also notice that sometimes, 3Combo works well for away matches, and sometimes, 2Combo works well for Home matches. I think it maybe depend on how good your opponent at heading, and how quick their tempo, and closing down.

Please, notice also about the pitch size for Away match:
View attachment 290139

Your defenders both are very good at Ariel attack, so maybe your set piece problem comes from the feeders. Try good corner attributed players on that duty, and Right strong foot from Left corner, and vice versa.

My Sunderland also played very good, back in FM2012. At that time I have successfully bring in my squad many good players from Arsenal and Man utd: Evans, Smalling, Jones, Wilshere, Chamberlain. Ofcourse It take many seasons and high reputation enough to persuade them. Anyway, I think you should find replacement for Hangeland soon.

Last edited:
Any sort of key attributes for each position that you prefer? I don't want to spend money on players that don't fit the criterea.

But anyways, really nice tactic so far. Although I did have to make some tweaks to it in the Team and Individual instructions to fit my team more (although not much).

I did notice that the Combo2, the away tactic, does not always need to be played in away games. I usually just play them against big teams or mid-table teams away. I use Combo1/3 against weaker (lower table) teams away. Working great for me so far doing just that.

I've just finished using your tactic for one full season on my Newcastle save, and it's brought me great success.
I'll try and upload some screenshots later.

I am working on key attributes so maybe it will available soon here. If you want players for specific position, maybe tell me and I can make some suggestion. Remember: Poacher should be pacey, AMC should be the key of scoring. AML/AMR of course must be quick, also should be good at crossing. 1 MC can run with the ball and 1MC can hold it back, just like Man utd in real life. 4 defenders just snap the best ones you can.
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/10...wing-so-many-shots-on-their-goal-this-season/"An interesting feature of United’s 4-4-2 last season was the use of one calm, intelligent passing player who would remain in front of the back four (Carrick or Paul Scholes) and a runner who would break forward (Darren Fletcher or Anderson). Ferguson was reluctant to use two passers or two runners together."

However, can you tell me what tweaks you have made? Maybe upload your tweak tactic here?