Player of the Season / PFA Player of the Year
Gylfi Sigurdson

Top Five Moments
1- Qualifying for the Champions League
2- Winning the Carling Cup
3- Winning 3-0 at Old Trafford
4- Gylfi Sigurdson winning PFA Player of the Year
5- 8-1 Win at home to Aston Villa

As well as Sigurdson's award, Pappis Cisse won the Golden boot, but the manager of the year award went to Paul Jewell! Outraged!!

We've drawn Bayern Leverkuson in the Champions League qualifier, not the easiest but not the hardest draw either

Absolutley devastated :( 90+5 mins with three minutes of added time, want to scream!
1st Leg

2nd Leg

[size=+2]Pre-Season[/size]
Friendlies

Transfers

Transfer Summary
I've let a lot of players go and first teamers too, some although icons had to go due to their age. This being the last year of any re-sale alue for the likes of Cisse. letting Gago Bannan and Pearce go was not easy to do, but in the last year of their contracts I had to let them go now.
Pedro Matias - A great young prospect signed from Arsenal, comes with baggage, but has great great talent.
yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/gipedromatiasoverviewprofp Shared by
Cieran Clark - Despite a fabulous season last season. Our defence was very poor. Clark had an outstanding year last year, and is also a homegrown player.
Jan Stevens - Another young talent. part of my 'getting the house in order' philosophy before i leave Wigan, by signing young future talents it ensures the long term future of the club for when i leave.
yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/47janstevensoverviewprofip Shared by
Scott Carson - No keeper played well at the beginning of last year, I though Lindegaard was the answer but he was poor, so had to bring in Kieran Westwood as an emergency, so last year i started scouting extensively, Carson was a free transfer, with experience and home grown so makes perfect sense.
Kasper Schmeichel - Another free transfer, adds depth and also quality.
Joleon Lescott - Good experienced English defender.
Antonio Valencia - A brilliant signing very good player and a real fan favourite at the DW
Eduardo Salvio - a former 'one to watch' seemed to drop of the radar at Athletico, hopefully he can light it up at Wigan.
Stefan Savic - adds depth and knows the league, free agent.
Sergio Canales - Adds an alternative to Muniain on loan from Madrid.

After the heartbreak in Germany we went into the Europa League, not as luxurious. But maybe a better chance to get further in a european competition
Group

Not the hardest group, but all the away trips will be difficult, im still confident though.​

Season Five - Update One
Summary
Well its been an odd start to the year, qualifying from the Europa League group is fantastic. The league form has deffinetley been hampered by Europe. Losing Muniain to injury has absolutley decimated the plans we made in the summer and a lot of the games we've lost can be attributed to not having him around. We had a diabolical opening schedule, so now we're going to look to press on for the rest of the year. There's been some interesting developments around our club and around europe which i'll post in the next post.
League Table

Europa League Group

Fixtures

Squad Performance

AC Milan also had a tycoon takeover, would be an interesting prospect if that job was availible in the summer.

Closer to home, Wigan are also in the process of a board takeover. Hopefully the new man will back be heavily and force my hand to stay!

The Best result in the clubs history

A horrible match that we should have closed out

This is the tactical switch I made after getting trounced at Old Trafford

Its a tactic i developed very succesfully in a save at Arsenal, England and Barcelona. I didnt think it would be possible to impliment it yet but im having some good results. Feel free to use...​

We've got ourselves a very good Europa League draw, could deffinetley have been tricker!

Update Two - Twenty Match Update
Summary
Well its been an improving month. We've raised ourselves into the top half, the last game against Arsenal was gutting. But our main focus is on Europe if im honest, i'd love to do well with this Wigan side in Europe. I'm continuing to 'get the house in order' before my departure, securing Sven Bender and Emiliano Insua on free transfers for the summer.
League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Dave Whelan an utter legend, trying to hurry up the takeover.

Absolutley Unbelievable Jeff!!
The best performance i've ever had from a side on FM2012. We were Barcelona esc. Just an astonishing performance, Shane Allinson looks like hes going to be a true superstar.

Europa League Knockout - First Round
First Leg

Second Leg

Second Round Draw

Europa League Knockout - Second Round
First Leg

Second Leg

Now this is where the Europa league gets serious the ...
Quarter-final Draw

Update Three - Thirty Match Update
Summary
Well we've continued to press on this month, we've only lost once in the league and that was away to the double champions of Arsenal. I completley wrote off the FA Cup, playing a group of kids away at Sunderland. For the remainder of the year its all about trying to finish 7th and seeing how far we can go in the Europa League.
League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Europa League Quarter-Final
First Leg

Second Leg

A phenominal achievment for our club, still only averaging around 18k fans in the Europa League. Just fantastic to get to the semi-final. Whatever happens now its been a fantastic season again for the club.
Shane Allinson
Shane Allinson also reached a personal achievement, off passing Pappis Cisse's goal total. This justifies letting Cisse go at his age after the fans vilified me for it. I love when a young regen you bring in at a young age goes on to be a top player.

Sem-Final Draw
A great great chance for us to get to the final!