guardian-logo1.jpg

Connolly Steps Down As England Boss
I'd love to do it again in the future

Steven+Gerrard+England+Training+Press+Conference+hU-UselGjbWl.jpg

Former Assistant Gerrard is the bookies favourite to replace Connolly

Barcelona boss Oliver Connolly today allowed his short term England contract to expire. He steps down after being the only England manager along with Sir Bobby Robson and Sir Alf Ramsey to lead an England team into the semi-finals of a World Cup. Connolly had always said that he felt taking charge of the team after they were left in disary by former manager Roberto Mancini was a 'national duty' and that it would be 'the world cup and no more.' But sources inside the FA today confirmed they had hoped Connolly would extened his role with the side, and in doing so take it on a full time basis. 'We were hoping he would get a taste for it in Russia and that he wouldnt want to leave the great work he's started.' 'After he signed a new contract with FC Barcelona three days ago we knew he would confirm to us what he had said all along.' 'He confirmed to us in a short meeting that it is something he would be very excited to do in the future, but for now he is concentrated on club football.'

Connolly leaves the national set-up in a far better state than he found it, the country confirmed as the third best team on the planet. In a tweet yesterday captain under Connolly Phil Jones said 'I'd like to thank Ollie for the honour he bistowed on myself and the whole camp.' 'For me he can be the best England manager ever, and I hope he realises that sooner rather than later.' Our FA source also confirmed that in their meeting Connolly has advised that Steven Gerrard be promoted from his role as national Assistant Manager to the Head Coach position. 'He was adament that most things remain the same.' The source claims. 'The whole coaching set up with Steven promoted to manager and Phillipto assist him.'

Last edited:
How come there are so many tycoon takeovers?

With Barca i dont think its a tycoon, i think its just an immense revenue stream, the only others are Almeria (who withdrew funding) and AC Milan so not too many looking at the current football climet e.g. PSG, Malaga, Juventus, Man City.
Also looking at their transfer history they havent spent much so im guessing its the culmination off like eight seasons off £100m+ transfer budgets not being spent

With Barca i dont think its a tycoon, i think its just an immense revenue stream, the only others are Almeria (who withdrew funding) and AC Milan so not too many looking at the current football climet e.g. PSG, Malaga, Juventus, Man City.
Also looking at their transfer history they havent spent much so im guessing its the culmination off like eight seasons off £100m+ transfer budgets not being spent

Oh right. I know Barcelona isn't a tycoon but I was just reading back and saw Almeria and Lecce and AC Milan I think in the first few years but I've almost never seen a tycoon takeover on my saves :(

Oh right. I know Barcelona isn't a tycoon but I was just reading back and saw Almeria and Lecce and AC Milan I think in the first few years but I've almost never seen a tycoon takeover on my saves :(

yeah look of the draw i guess :/ i've not had any i think till this save. The AC Milan one was the odd one, a tycoon buying Milan when they were already winning the league? their money i guess haha

Pre-Season Update

Transfers

Transfer Summary

Hammouche - A good young prospect Keeper, looking to sell on De Gea or ter Stegen for a big profit

Toni Kroos - A great deal, transfer listed by request for just £18m. Dzagoev didnt light it up at the Camp Nou so to swap him for Kroos with some profit was a fantastic deal.

Jack Robinson - Losing Sosa to a leg break at the end of the season really cost us when i had to move Bale to left back, the best availible back-up LB was the young Jack Robinson, and with all the money i went and got him.

Daniel Periera - One of the many young french prospects signed this season. brought in the next crop of Barca stars this summer, when im gone they will continue to promote youth players through with these young lads

Guilleme Guillot -

Romain Martel -

Jean Mercier -

I'm delighted with my transfers, i had all that money to spend but decided to stick to my principles and move one in move one out, we even ended up in profit. The young lads from last season Musoti, Albert and Alex can replace gaps left by Busquets and Dzagoev.

Fixtures

Season Eight - Update One - Ten Match Update

Summary

Well its been a great start. 10 games unbeaten winning 9 of them, probably should have been ten. We've been destructive infront of goal. We've already notched off the Spanish Super Cup, seen of Massamilliano Allegri and qualified for the second round of the Champions League, looks like a great start for us.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

First 'El Classico'

There have been some interesting changes in management to say the least, following a dismal start to the season Massamilliano Allegri was sacked by Madrid, two years without a league title and what looked like a long way of this seasons was too much for Florentino Perez and co.

So who did they turn too.... Thats right, The special one! Time to take him on head to head atleast for one season!

Former Barca legend Pep Guardiola has taken over from Jose at Manchester City, that stops him breathing down my neck.

Despite his abysmal performances at both Chelsea and Manchester United. Arsenal have taken the gamble on Andre Villas-Boas

And the man chosen to take England forward. Who the ****!

Could have never of imagined that a manager newgen would have got the England job! Good start by the way mate.

don't know if this is just my computer, but can anyone see the transfers from the end of the 1st season ????