Time To Take on the Special One

A Fantastic occasion for the club, an unbelievable feeling into the Europa League final. We will face Manchester City at ibrox, a side romping to the english title, it couldnt be more difficult, but its one game and nighty minutes and we'll see whay happenes. Just great for the club to get there.
Europa League Semi-Final First leg

Second Leg

Absolutley Unbelievable
The greatest night in this small clubs history! A stunning display at Ibrox after going 1-0 down in five minutes. The Premier League dealt us a great hand, with a title decider at the Etihad between Man City and Chelsea just three days before. A fantastic display and a fitting way for me too sign off as Wigan manager.

End Of Season Update
Summary
A fantastic, fantastic season. A stunning way to sign off. Winning the Europa League was special. The performances of the players have been simply outstanding. Shane Allinson has been on another planet at his age, and where ever i end up he will deffinetley be my top target. To leave this reign at the DW with a win over West Brom was also a very nice feeling.
League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Well some big big developments that I need peoples help with, as i said at the start of the year this was to be my last year with Wigan and i have duely left the club.

I've left them held in very high regard, and i will deffinetley return one day. Being considered a 'legend' at the club is phenominal

The man chosen to follow me...

Jewell's a true Wigan icon. so a good fit to follow on my good work. Now the hard part of choosing where next to go!
The jobs that are on the table at the moment for me are.

Barcelona
Pro's
What an opportunity to follow an idol at a club I adore. To go there and chalk off one of the Champions Leagues im chasing would be a dream before moving on.
They have already signed Neymar this summer.
Con's
Some would say not the most difficult challenge, but i wouldnt remain there long. Time to rebuild after the 2nd coming of the dream team (Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi)
The England National Team
Pro's
A great opportunity to be the 'prime minister' of football, still hold some sour grapes that i wasnt even approached when the FA went for Sam Allardyce.
All the pieces are in place for a great attack at Russia 2018. Including my good old friend Shane Allinson already knowing my system.
Con's
International management is very stagnated, a lot of stopping and starting and large gaps between matches.
Manchester United
Pro's
Huge club with a huge following. A giant off the game, the name says it all really.
Con's
As a born a bread Liverpool fan it is really not appealing!
I also never wanted to leave Wigan for another english club
Chelsea
Pro's
They've been in for me before so clearly want me. Have never one the Champions League so would be a great achievement if i was to win one with them.
Con's
Alot of rebuilding needs doing, players like Terry and Lampard still command huge wages within the squad and would be very difficult to move on.
Again another english club.​
So there's the offers and i need your help! cant continue to see if i get anymore offers, because for seem reason you can't delay national team job. so thoughts??

Well as mentioned above boys there was simply only one club too pick. That was of course FC Barcelona

I simply could not turn it down. As i said at the start i will play it like a proper manager, and i will not take a part - time role internationally. In the future i will deffinetley take the England job, but for now i just want too enjoy getting a Champions League under my belt and a couple of La Liga titles, whilst building the third 'dream team.'
The squad does need reshufling there are players hanging on from the last squad, and i will shake it up.
Interestingly after taking on Barcelona, Roberto Mancini was taken on by England. This meant that the special one swapped Spain for England and Manchester. This has made my job slightly easier in my eyes. Still top players, but i wont be going up against Mourinho.

Summer Update
Well I arrived to late for the frendlies, so i was straight into competitive football, but i was able to shape the squad, bringing in players who could play 10+ years for the club.
Transfers

(I have blanked out the two players i've signed in January for future updates)
Being able to move on big players such as Mascherano, Valdes and Pedro was big for the club, thank god for the super rich AC Milan!
I of course brought with me the man with a huge huge future, Shane Allinson, i brought him too Wigan for £1.6m from Southampton and then with me to Barcelona for £25m giving a nice little helping hand to my former employees. i was doing my best not to 'gut' Wigan of all my stars e.g. Gylfi, Romario (although they did let him go to Liverpool)
Shane Allinson

Two others players im excited about:
Angel

Just £2.2m allows us to let him develop, being tutoured by Messi i have very high hopes for this young fella.
Jemal Musoti

A very good prospect again, big transfer fee will hang on him. Will rotate with Busquets this season and a guy who can anchor the midfield for 10 years.​

Season Six - Update One - Ten Match Update
Summary
A good start to life at Barca, of course implementing my ideas, and the players have to gel. Some dissapointing results with home draws v Sevilla and Zaragoza. of course losing to Wigan was not ideal but it was only the Super Cup. My first Classico was fantastic to get under my belt and a 4-1 win at the Bernebau was sensational to start the season with.
our Champions League group
Marseille
Celtic
Lazio
League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

El Classico

Two good games, the first against Espanyol in the Catalan derby. Shane Allinson scoring a hattrick was a fantastic moment. Against Zaragoza we had silly amounts off possesion and chances, both clear cut and half, but somehow we just couldnt score.
Espanyol

Zaragoza

My Tactics
These are the tactics im using at barca. (not the sides picked, this is after a Copa Del Ray game) The first is the one i used at Wigan with some slight alterations to creative freedom as well as a slower tempo. The 2nd is based on a barca tactic my mate found, like the one Pep used at home this season, it keeps a lot of possesion and doesnt concede to many despite only one centre back.

Update Two - Twenty Match Update
Summary
A fantastic stretch of matches. We won the World Club Championship, of course we were expected too but nice to get it anyway. We are performing brilliantly in the league, winning the 2nd Classico by a huge margin, we're in a prime position with a game in hand and still having Valencia to play at home.
Losing too Madrid in the CDL, was horrible, but i was using a 'B' team so it wasnt too bad.
The little maestro is in just scintilating form, he's just unstoppable.
League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

UEFA Champions League Draw

World Club Championship Final

La Liga vs Tenerife

Phenominal display, La liga's biggest ever win!
Second 'El Classico'

A great performance. Got very worried when they drew level at 2-2, and they really put the pressure on. But that man popped up again to destroy Allegri's men.
Messi's Performance

Breaking his own record only halfway through the season. WOW.​

Update Three - Thirty Match Update
Summary
Well its been a massive month, seeing us fly to the top of the league, two massive games in a week against the two other title challngers Valencia and Athletico Madrid, were dealt with, with almost ease. That's put us well in the clear, I thought if we beat Bilbao away then that would essentially be the title won. Losing angered me, but we're still well on course with a very easy run-in. My target off 100 points, to break the La Liga points record (level with the real life one) is still very achievable. My issue is that CM are dropping like flys, forcing me to promote under-19's. But that is the Barca way! Winning the title is almost straight forward from here, but the Champions League looks extremley difficult, here's hoping!
League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Arsenal Second Leg

We face Manchester City in the next round, in a monster Champions League tie.​

UEFA Champions League
Not happy at all, we dominated the first game and should have put them to the sword instead they hit back in the blink of an eye and its 2-1. At the Etihad, we had no central midfielders and had to play youth players, and you know thats not a good sign.
I'm gutted, and Mr.Mourinho's got one over on Barca again!
First Leg

Second Leg

End Of Season Update
Summary
Well a brilliant season, my first domestic title, and a record breaking season. The most points ever, the most goals ever. Highest ever goal difference. The most goals by a single player. (messi, who else)
A phenominal league campaign, i am very dissapointed that we could reign at Murrayfield and win the Champions league. I will go for another year with Barca and try and bag myself Old big ears.
In terms of where the league was one, it was the two game home stretch against Valencia and Madrid, after that it was all about getting to 100 points, we cruised there despite one game against Mallorca where we almost wanted to throw it away!
League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Mallorca Game

Back