Update Two - Twenty Match Update

Summary

Well its been another good run of results, we've crusied into the knock-out phases of the Champions League. Into the semi-finals of the Copa Del Ray, using a second string XI.

In the league we have only dropped two points in ten games, but in La Liga, two points is two points too many. We top the table but Madrid have a game in hand, all roads lead to the Bernebau at the end of the season to decide the title.

I've been linked with Mario Gotze and i'm a huge fan, but to get him you have to play a huge premium, if im going to bring him in i'll look to finance the deal with the sales of Iker Muniain and Alexis Sanchez. I know i have a £300m transfer budget, but i like to be as near self sufficient in the transfer market as i can be.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

UEFA Champions League Draw

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona Linked To Gotze

Just thought i'd share some of the player development of the two key guys ive been developing

Shane Allinson

(first signed)

(Now)

Angel

(First Signed)

(now)

Update Three - Thirty Match UpdateSummaryWell its been an unbelievable stretch, dissapointing to drop points in the Catalan derby. But we won every other game and rather convincgly, we've got a one point lead over Madrid which puts the league in our own hands, win every game and the title is ours. The Villareal game was about as close as you get too pure dominance, Their goal coming from an utterly bizzare mix-up between Pique and de Gea

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Villareal Game

Champions League Draw

Match+Schedule+and+Prediction+Real+Madrid+VS+Barcelona+%2528Champions+League+Semifinal+2011%2529.jpg

So we've drawn Real Madrid in the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League. This is the month of destiny for the club facing off against Real away which could potentialy decide the league title in a few weeks, we face them twice in the Champions league and once inbtween in the Copa Del Ray. Four games in one month, one of us will have a great season hopefully its us!

Last edited:
[size=+2][/size]

Summary

Extremley happy as i was able to blood some youngsters, and get over the furore off stripping the nations leading all time goal scorer of the captaincy. Shane Allinson was exceptional and was my MOTM, he clearly already knows the system well. Another stand out performer was Jack Wilshere someone i courted in the summer and was desperate to sign, showed too me just what a star player he is.

Well the 2nd leg nearly gave me a heart attack!

It doesnt bode well for travelling to Madrid for the title decider :/ but i still live in hope

El Classico Part Four - La Liga - Possible Title Decider

el-clasico-image.jpg

Revista De La Liga

After last weeks thrilling El Classico the title is firmly in Barcelona's hands. But the race is far from done with four games to go. Just one slip up and Massamilliano Allegri's men will be in. Here we look at the two teams, their fixtures, styles and who their key men will be.
Revista+De+La+Liga+-+30-08-11%255B%2528007494%252919-42-14%255D.JPG

180px-Real_madrid_logo.png

Manager

63160hp2.jpg

Key Man

Gonzalo%252BHiguain%252BImages%252B02222.jpg

With Socolo suspended after the Classico, the burden off goal-scoring falls onto veteran Gonzalo Higuian. He's led this side to titles before, and he must find his form again to lead his side to be champions.

Tactics

Allegri's tactics are much more rigid than that off Connolly's. Everyone knows their jobs and they do it very well. They have been grinding out away wins recently which are massive in the run in. I think they really have the perfect set-up to go unbeaten in their final four. Their toughest trip will be on the final day away at last years runners up Valencia, they've been too Getafe and closest rivals Athletico in the last few weeks, therefore i see them grinding that one out and laying down the gauntlet too Barcelona.

The Run-In

Real Betis - A
Malaga - H
Athletic Bilbao - H
Valencia - A

220px-FCB.svg.png

Manager

300px-Coach_Eric_Taylor_FNL_S4.jpg

Key Man

Lionel+Messi+celebrates+his+first+goal.JPG

The little maestro has been imperious form since his return from injury in the Champions League quarter-final first leg. His play this year has been on another planet again this season, and four more unstoppable performances will ensure the Catalan giants second succesive titles.

Tactics

Barcelona pass teams to death, the way their sides have always played. Messi plays as a false number 9 and links up into a six man midfield. It is in stark contrast to Allegri's Madrid. An averge of 65% possesion this season shows how dominant they have been, four win is their simple task to close out the title.
Their hardest game in their run-in is away at Getafe get over that and i can see them walking too the championship, we may even see a very very 'easy' game if Athletico decide to help stop Real winning the title.

Run-In

Athletic Bilbao - H
Getafe - A
Cartagena - A
Athletico Madrid - H

Devastation For Barcelona as Messi, Gotze and Sosa Injured for the remainder of the season

I'm absolutley devastated, this could completley wreck our season, cost us the Champions League, Cup and Title

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...1265446473-lgfires-story-templates-header.png

Cruyff: Connolly Will Never Win The Big One
JC.jpg

Dutch legend speaks out after Barcelona's Champions League Exit.

Former Barcelona Player, manager and all round legend Johan Cruyff has lambasted current boss Oliver Connolly and his side after their Champions League exit to Lyon this week. The Spanish giants lost 3-1 away in France after a 0-0 draw at home. Speaking exclusivley to Marca.com Cruyff said, 'The style is there, brilliant for everyone to see. But the desire off some is not up there.' 'I doubt very much if this coach can get them over the big one, in terms off Europe.' he added 'domesticly they have been superb, but i cant see them winning the big prize with this guy.'
This is unlikely to help manager Connolly, the following Cruyff has may turn some supporters who are already very loyal to Connolly.
Reports over his future have intensified this week after President Sandro Rosell admiting contract talks have been delayed to the summer.

Barcelona-s-Xavi-holds-hi-008.jpg

A difficult night for Barcelona has been forced hom by Icon Cruyff

Update Five - End of Season Update

Summary

Well we've done it! Closed out the league title, but we didnt make easy work off it, Madrid losing on the last day made the points gap look bigger than it should have been. But we were clearly the best team over the season. I've remained unbeaten in my domestic Classicos over two years, suffering only one defeat against the old enemy overall. I'm not in limbo what to do with the Barca job, i feel like ive achieved a lot with back to back La Liga's which hasnt happened for a side since 2012. But i havent got that elusive Champions league yet, do i try my look somewhere else? Try and stop AC's dominance in Italy? Move back to the Premiership? Move to France? Or remain at Barca? I need peoples help!

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Copa Del Ray

Fifth 'Classico'

Now i'm finished with Barca for the season and whilst i make my mind up on my club career, its off to Russia for the 2018 World Cup with England. Come on the Three Lions!

Last edited:
hey, great story mate, can i just ask, whats your total game time now? And i'm loving the newspapers, and Messi's form is ridiculous!

Go to Ajax, the biggest club in the Netherlands and make them compete with the largest clubs in Europe.

WOW MAN! I am absolutely in love with this story! Easily the best on the site and how many updates can you do!? I would say stay with Barca for one more year, then Italy.

hey, great story mate, can i just ask, whats your total game time now? And i'm loving the newspapers, and Messi's form is ridiculous!

total gamne time: 7 Days, 1 hour, 20 mins (I leave FM on alot when i go out)
My games still rapid because i constantly remove all the players on the manage subscriptions bit.
Go to Ajax, the biggest club in the Netherlands and make them compete with the largest clubs in Europe.
Sounds like a good plan after spain. I;m still undecided whether to leave Barca without winning the Champions League
WOW MAN! I am absolutely in love with this story! Easily the best on the site and how many updates can you do!? I would say stay with Barca for one more year, then Italy.

Cheers mate, great feedback :D I'm thinking yeah one more year to try and get that Champions league under my belt, but i'm really unsure!