Tips, Hints and Links To Make A Better FM Story

you download it mate! it says at the bottom of the article and then attach it when you post your story!

Hope I helped

You should convert your videos made on FRAPS using DMC (google it - digital media convertor)

It will shrink the file size, otherwise it will take hours to upload to YouTube.

Thanks for the post Redders :) I'm still working on how to save the highlights and upload them. You do the FRAPS option Redders?

My story uses a lot of things in this thread but there are a few things I will definately add, thanx fourfourtwo another great thread.

Thanks for commenting :) You have a great story so far!

Thanks for the post Redders :) I'm still working on how to save the highlights and upload them. You do the FRAPS option Redders?

FRAPS to record, DMC to convert, Youtube upload.

Thanks fer the advice :) im going to restart my Worthing utd story again, my PC broke so I have to start again :(

I think one of the bigger problems as well is interaction in each others stories. People seem happy enough to read through the story but they don't actually comment on it meaning that people think no one is following - And obviously in turn this leads to a lack of motivation. Just look at Danny's Monaco story, it was a really good story and obviously had followers, just people didn't comment (Not singling you out Danny, yours was the last story I looked at) but I think people should interact in each others stories more, this means that they continue updating as they think people are enjoying the story and this results in a better story. All of this at the price of 60 seconds to write a comment.

It also helps if the screenshots are of a size that can actually be displayed properly in the thread without the need to pop up the picture viewer or a new tab.

Also, a lot of screens are 80% wasted space (like short transfer lists and match reviews), so cropping them down to size keeps the thread tidy.
Can be done by anyone with simple and free solutions like this
(load image, press C, mouse-drag area to crop, press enter, save).
Five seconds of work and a nice clean thread.

I think one of the bigger problems as well is interaction in each others stories. People seem happy enough to read through the story but they don't actually comment on it meaning that people think no one is following - And obviously in turn this leads to a lack of motivation. Just look at Danny's Monaco story, it was a really good story and obviously had followers, just people didn't comment (Not singling you out Danny, yours was the last story I looked at) but I think people should interact in each others stories more, this means that they continue updating as they think people are enjoying the story and this results in a better story. All of this at the price of 60 seconds to write a comment.

Couldn't agree with you more Alex. I comment on peoples stories when I enjoy them but I don't get many comments myself :mad:

Ok, I got one more:

* proof-read before you post.

it doesn't take a lot of time to read your post through and check if it all makes sense when reading, if you use the right "there/their/they're" etc etc etc.

I agree here, I often think samilyroy is my only follower as nobody but him leaves comments consistently

I whipped up a quick custom newspaper in my lunch break that I'll start using for my own story pretty soon.
Feel free to use it if you like, guys.

It takes a bit more knowledge than the website solutions, but not too much.
Works as well with free editors like pixlr.

Just replace my logo with the newspaper of your choice, change the date, paste a picture in the frame and replace the lorem ipsum with your own text.
Works best if you use 60-80% opacity on the text/image/whatever so you get a bit of the paper shining through.
It's not prefect, I know, but I don't have that long a break at lunch....

(The image is just a preview, you need to download the zip file with the photoshop version.)

Note: I just noticed that the online picture editor I linked to collapses the text layers, making them unchangeable - I guess you do need photoshop or any other proper software to use this

Last edited:
Im using that program you recommended downloading but it says that the format the videos start in isnt recognised :S

On the create your own kit. Is it possible to save it to the game and actually put it on a team once you've edited it in photoshop ?

I am unable to convert my video and upload...
its in .pkm format..
Any help will be acknowledged!!!

I alos have this problem. Which kind of format must i convert it to?

i cant find ANY .pkm converter on the internet. and i have FRAPS, used that, and it doesnt just save highlights it saves the whole game even your cursor/mouse if someone gets injured etc (i dont like that). on top of that it saved 3 files (the whole match was divided into three files) and together they are 11GB LARGE! someone please help me find a converter, i doubt youtube even can hold a 11GB file. even if it does its even more work to find a program to piece them together and figure out how to "cut" and only use segments that we would like to use.

there has to be a converter for .pkm files or FM10 wouldnt have used this file type if it doesnt work. can someone please help me and the other million users that are "stumped" thanks in advance.