Title bid not over, says Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez insists his side's Premier League title challenge is still alive despite their 3-1 defeat by Aston Villa at Anfield.

More...

Well it is early days but if we keep gettin results like this it will soon be all over!

Yeah ur right about that i think yous will miss alonso just as much as we will miss ronaldo imo

Embarrassing. Liverpool should not be conceding 3 goals at Anfield.

Yes very

Still early lets hope we can sort it out and get back to winning ways

Liverpool have already lost the same amount of games at they did the whole of last season,but they did draw an awful lot last season so if they can turn those into wins they will soon be back in the hunt.Shocking start though.

Still think I'm outrageous for suggesting Tottenham finishing 3rd.

Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham
Arsenal

Definiately not over yet, but liverpool need to start playing well, and someone was said "you can't win the title in the first 5/6 games, but you can lose it"

they was embaressing tonight really torres is a little whinger and needs to sort his self out they are all over dramatic i dont think they have got a chance of winning the league this year they will struggle to get top 4 they will miss alonso

I have said it for a few years now i just don't think Rafa is the man to win them the league. If you take Torres,Gerrard and Srgnt Pepe out of that squad is it really top 6 material?

I have said it for a few years now i just don't think Rafa is the man to win them the league. If you take Torres,Gerrard and Srgnt Pepe out of that squad is it really top 6 material?

totally agree kris, i think liverpool missed a big chance when mourinho was talking his way into tht job.

I'm 29 yrs old & have been a Liverpool fan since i was 8 and i've never seen a manager buy so many players & then sell 'em on just proves that Rafa Benitez aint gotta clue what he's doing.
He's been the manager for around 5 years & still his zonal marking system isn't working!
As you can prob tell i aint a huge Benitez fan but the thing that really makes me angry about him is his
consistant selection of Lucas!!! The guy can't even cross the road let alone the ball!
Anyways rant over!! lol

Still think I'm outrageous for suggesting Tottenham finishing 3rd.

Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham
Arsenal

How can Chelsea win this year? They have no width. Man Utd will struggle if Rooney gets injured or has an off game. At the start of the season, my bets were on Liverpool/Arsenal to win, now, it's Arsenals for the taking.

My prediction:
1st: Arsenal
2nd: Chelsea
3rd:Man Utd
4th: Liverpool (Just)
5th: Man City
6th: Tottenham. I support Liverpool by the way...

SO wot happens on a wet december night, when the pitch is bobbling, WHERE THE EXPERIENCE PLAYERS OR THE PLAN B FOR ARSENAL. THT IS WHY ARSENAL WONT WIN THE LEAGUE

Back