Title bid not over, says Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 4K
Lee
You forgot to add Djimi Traore to that list of terrible Liverpool players.

Someone else who thinks Agger is Liverpool's best centre-back. People tend to say Carragher.

liverpool have only lost two games and your calling for the managers head already!! some truely loyal fans liverpool have your only 3 games in, don`t get me wrong i hate the fat spanish waiter but u have to say its too soon to rite liverpool off thats the same as saying if we beat manu on sat there titles over just all about the 38 games not just 3!
i would also disagree that liverpool haven`t had or got the money the other top 4 have look at that list kris has put up of players brought in by rafa u got to say theve spent alot more than arsenal !imo

I just don't think things are looking very positive for Liverpool at the moment. You hear about all this debt and not being able to afford this new stadium and the lack of funds Rafa seems to be getting.

The depth of the squad is not great and if a key player Like Gerrard,Torres or Skrtel gets injured is there anyone of a similar quality who can slot in ? no in my opinion. Ex Rangers flops wont solve any defensive problems

You look at Spurs and Man City who sure may not have a Torres or a Gerrard but the all round depth of the squad makes me fear for Liverpool when the season really gets going

we seen it with Aston Villa last year with such a small squad they just tired out and fell away.

All right calm down!!!

Maybe if you stopped buying ***** like Pennant and Lee's favourite player of all time, Anthony Le Tallec then you may have a chance.

I agree. :wub: I heard his brother is coming along pretty nicely, maybe we can sign him.

Out of the did a job you Zenden stealing twats. Voronin, what did he ever do apart from have a ridiculous ponytail and Cavalieri, did he ever play? He did a good job being a No2 goalkeeper yes.

Voronin was actually pretty good before he got injured, then after that he was just pretty meh. But if you want a backup for the greatest striker in the world then a cheap & decent player is all you can hope for really.

Cavalieri played a few times, he's looked ok. Hopefully we don't need to call on him too often though.

i'm with james. what job did voronin do. has he even scored?

what could sissoko do if he couldn't pass and he definetly couldn't shoot. i guess tackle maybe but the what would he do with the ball he can't pass, shoot or dribble.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDrQe7c7GzM"]YouTube- LIVERPOOL 8 0 BEŞİKTAŞ CL HD HQ[/ame]
Voronin's greatest performance for us. He was involved with all but one of the goals before he was subbed off.

Sissoko was a ball winner, and a fantastic one at that. What you said is true though, and that's exactly why he was sold when we got ourselves a replacement in Mascherano.

Lee
You forgot to add Djimi Traore to that list of terrible Liverpool players.

Benitez didn't sign Traore. If I was to add all of the terrible players he inherited too then the list would be massive.

i would also disagree that liverpool haven`t had or got the money the other top 4 have look at that list kris has put up of players brought in by rafa u got to say theve spent alot more than arsenal !imo

The numbers don't agree.

Not My Fault I Type Quicker Like That:@

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

No liverpool Are Shitt
No, Liverpool are not. But your typing skill is.......

I have always said this liverpool will be so much better without rafa

Even though I'm a Liverpool fan, I occasionally finds their gameplay & tactics rather boring. Boring in the sense that they play mostly defensive tactics but their defense is still not good, their attacking is not threatening enough like Man Utd or Chelsea, especially in the last 15 minutes of the game when a goal is needed. Everything is concentrated in the middle, and if their midfielders are useless, then they almost always lose.

but these americans dont know what they're doing
it a businees to them

Yea true, However think the American owners have a clue at Manchester United? Think the Manchester City Middle east have a clue. Of course they don't its up to the Manager to deal with transfers. As far as I'm aware Rafa Benitez deals with transfers. However he has signed a rack of *****. Bellamy being one of my major issues. Firstly Bellamy ability is minimilistic and isn't any better than the likes of Anthony Stoke or Dave Kitson [No offense] hes unprofessional. When up in Scotland he would say to players "Your nothing, I'm earning tripe what you make" and attacked a liverpool teammate with a golf club. If I was the manager he would be made to rott in the reserves and suspended pay.

Shouldn't have sold John-Arne Riise. He was a good wing-back.

Not My Fault I Type Quicker Like That:@

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

No liverpool Are Shitt
If you feel Liverpool are "Shitt" then why go onto a thread which is clearly about them. If you want to call teams ****, maybe you should address Man Utd's loss at Burnley, but as always there's no way a Man Utd fan would admit something against there team... Liverpool aren't out of it end of, it's 2 games, they just need to win loads at home, and they're back in it.

I have always said this liverpool will be so much better without rafa
He's not a terrible manager. But I admit, I sometimes wish we had someone of Mourinho's calibre to lead us into a Premiership title. Here's to hoping we do get it in a few years.

I have said it for a few years now i just don't think Rafa is the man to win them the league. If you take Torres,Gerrard and Srgnt Pepe out of that squad is it really top 6 material?

i hate when people say that do it to every other team
man u:
vidic
ferdinand
rooney would be **** without

chelsea:
Lampard
Drogba
Terry AWFUL

Arsenal:
Fabregas
Van Persie
Arshavin

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

crouch was a big loss imo
lfcshould star while aqualani is out
reina
jono carra skrtel/greek guy insua
benayoun gerrard mash riera
torres kuyt

man u:
vidic
ferdinand

chelsea:
Lampard
Drogba
Terry AWFUL

Arsenal:
Fabregas
Van Persie
Arshavin

With these 3 examples, and the one about Liverpool in an earlier post, I honestly think Chelsea would have the strongest squad even if they lost the 3 mentioned players.

man u:
vidic
ferdinand

chelsea:
Lampard
Drogba
Terry AWFUL

Arsenal:
Fabregas
Van Persie
Arshavin

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

crouch was a big loss imo
lfcshould star while aqualani is out
reina
jono carra skrtel/greek guy insua
benayoun gerrard mash riera
torres kuyt

Hmm i don't think so some how.

Man Utd prove time and time again they have enough depth to compete. when they lose ferdinand/vidic they Bring in Evans. If rooney is out they have Owen,Marcheda,Welbeck

Yes Lampard is key for Chelsea but having Ballack and Deco isnt bad replacements

as for Arsenal they have been lucky to have Van Persie fit the last few years so i dont know where thats coming from and Arshavin has only been there half a season

They didnt have Ferdinand or Vidic for large spells last season but yet they seem to be the Champion so thats your bollocks arguement out the window Irish Scouse.

Liverpool only had Gerrard and Torres playing together on 12 (I think) occasions last season and still pushed Man Utd to the end. Says something about our lack of depth.

Hmm i don't think so some how.

Man Utd prove time and time again they have enough depth to compete. when they lose ferdinand/vidic they Bring in Evans. If rooney is out they have Owen,Marcheda,Welbeck

Yes Lampard is key for Chelsea but having Ballack and Deco isnt bad replacements

as for Arsenal they have been lucky to have Van Persie fit the last few years so i dont know where thats coming from and Arshavin has only been there half a season

but if they didnt have those players like if lfc didnt have torres gerrard and pepe they would also be in a bad situation

arshavin has proved himself as one of the best arsenal players imo scoring nearly as much as van persie in half a season

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Liverpool only had Gerrard and Torres playing together on 12 (I think) occasions last season and still pushed Man Utd to the end. Says something about our lack of depth.

EXACTLY
why do people say we are nothing without them

without both and we beat man u

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

They didnt have Ferdinand or Vidic for large spells last season but yet they seem to be the Champion so thats your bollocks arguement out the window Irish Scouse.

but when one was out the other was there if they7 didnt have both who would play
evans and brown
hardly a good enough partnership to push for silverware

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

It wasnt much of a push tbh

they were sh****ng themselves
rafa lost it for us with stupid team selections and mouthing off to press

Back