Title bid not over, says Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 4K
Liverpool only had Gerrard and Torres playing together on 12 (I think) occasions last season and still pushed Man Utd to the end. Says something about our lack of depth.

yh they did play TOGEHTER only 12 times, but they still played 30 odd times each, and thts more then rio played for utd. and another thing how can you say TIME WILL TELL WITH LUCAS, 2 years not enough, when berba is being slated for 1 bad season when he still scored alot of goals

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote:
<TABLE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 10px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Lee
Liverpool only had Gerrard and Torres playing together on 12 (I think) occasions last season and still pushed Man Utd to the end. Says something about our lack of depth.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
"EXACTLY
why do people say we are nothing without them

without both and we beat man u"
hard to see where you coming fromas they both scored, against MAN UTD LAST YEAR

I think that if we lose its not so bad, but we MUST not draw as much as last year..
If we lose i dont mind as long as we keep winning, we MUST win our next 4 games - Hull,Burnley,Bolton and Birmingham i think?

It seems so far like what I said in some of the prediction threads: it feels Liverpool will have a poor first leg that will bury his chances for title and could even end below tenth position

Lucky for you lot, you don't have to get beat 2-0 by Boro this season

i'm with james. what job did voronin do. has he even scored?

i hope benitez is sacked soon. i don't know why as the replacement would probably be better.

what could sissoko do if he couldn't pass and he definetly couldn't shoot. i guess tackle maybe but the what would he do with the ball he can't pass, shoot or dribble.
Voronin has scored more than Anderson, Anderson is truely a waste of money
Why would you hope hes sacked if you a Utd fan? Its not like anyone else could do a better job with our squad..HIS squad

Also, DeathBall - Below 10th place? Your an idiot

Voronin has scored more than Anderson, Anderson is truely a waste of money
Why would you hope hes sacked if you a Utd fan? Its not like anyone else could do a better job with our squad..HIS squad

Also, DeathBall - Below 10th place? Your an idiot
voronin is a striker and has no redeeming qualities. like work rate, creativity, passing ability and dribbling

Anderson is a midfielder who is normaly played in quite a defensive role. it is not his job to score. and unlike voronin he makes up for his lack of goals with his other qualities.

THE TITLE RACE IS NOT OVER ITS ONLY THE 3RD GAME :p

They are far from Rubbish. Voronin is a good player...maybe not Liverpool quality but would do a job for most sides outside the top 5-6

Anderson is a great wee player i don't know where all the stick is coming from.

He is still very young aswell. Most Central Midfielders don't peak in there early 20's

Ronaldo wasnt that amazing untill a few years ago. Give the lad time and he might prove himself. If he could add goals to his game he would be a regular starter i feel

thanks kris. i couldn't be bothered deffending him because i knew they won't change their mind.

i think some people just know about his abysmal goalscoring record and assume he is ****.

They are far from Rubbish. Voronin is a good player...maybe not Liverpool quality but would do a job for most sides outside the top 5-6

Anderson is a great wee player i don't know where all the stick is coming from.

He is still very young aswell. Most Central Midfielders don't peak in there early 20's

Ronaldo wasnt that amazing untill a few years ago. Give the lad time and he might prove himself. If he could add goals to his game he would be a regular starter i feel

do u beleve anderson is a 20 mill player say compared to aqulini? not having a dig i just don`t think hes value for money in the same way nani isn`t worth that just like keane wasn`t u look at torres they paid what 27mill and hes like one of the worlds best strikers thats only 7mill more.Arshavin cost like 11mill and although he`s 27 is twice the player and made twice the impact at nearly have the cost just my opion!(A)

Vorinin Scored in every pre season game last year and had about 7 goals (competitive) before going out on loan
One of the top scorers in germany last year
And if playued more often he would score more
Man u fans think macheda is God he scored twice and Vorinin Scored more than that off the bench as did dave n'gog

Well it's too early to be over..
all rafa needs to do is bring in a quality centre mid/ holding mid, who can slip that bit of creativity into the liverpool team to get gerard and torres alive and the team should click into place, becuse mascherano is class, but is the brute stength just need the flare.

Well it's too early to be over..
all rafa needs to do is bring in a quality centre mid/ holding mid, who can slip that bit of creativity into the liverpool team to get gerard and torres alive and the team should click into place, becuse mascherano is class, but is the brute stength just need the flare.

U mean like alonso or Aquilani?

well alonso was like that yh but i dnt knw why he signed aquilani he looks alright but he's not a permanent fix plus he's a winger you need the flare upfront (torres) then they have gerrard who prefers to be there behind him, and then they got mascherano back which brings solidity but no flare. where as aloso may not of had flare but he had a good eye for passing, and a killer shot. and just saw passes but i dnt feel mascherano can do that, they need to find a fix soon. otherwise i can see their team only scraping wins. and i can see teams with youthful excuberance tearing into liverpool more often than usual. but no matter what liverpool are still a big threat. a player like jenas maybe, or someone like that could slot into liverpool well i think

anderson excells at attacking mid but saf keeps playing him central mid not giving him the freedom to float into space but for the current man utd system anderson preferred position he doesnt fit in thats why he hasnt been playing well.

well thats my opinion.

well alonso was like that yh but i dnt knw why he signed aquilani he looks alright but he's not a permanent fix plus he's a winger you need the flare upfront (torres) then they have gerrard who prefers to be there behind him, and then they got mascherano back which brings solidity but no flare. where as aloso may not of had flare but he had a good eye for passing, and a killer shot. and just saw passes but i dnt feel mascherano can do that, they need to find a fix soon. otherwise i can see their team only scraping wins. and i can see teams with youthful excuberance tearing into liverpool more often than usual. but no matter what liverpool are still a big threat. a player like jenas maybe, or someone like that could slot into liverpool well i think
Aqualini is a CM..?
In my opinion if we get a QUALITY right winger like Lennon,Young,Silva etc then we'll be a complete team as Kuyt can then be used as the 2nd Striker and become a permanent partner for Torres and allow Gerrard to roam freely and not have to be right behind torres

do u beleve anderson is a 20 mill player say compared to aqulini? not having a dig i just don`t think hes value for money in the same way nani isn`t worth that just like keane wasn`t u look at torres they paid what 27mill and hes like one of the worlds best strikers thats only 7mill more.Arshavin cost like 11mill and although he`s 27 is twice the player and made twice the impact at nearly have the cost just my opion!(A)

anderson wasn't 20 million. more like 16 million.

Vorinin Scored in every pre season game last year and had about 7 goals (competitive) before going out on loan
One of the top scorers in germany last year
And if playued more often he would score more
Man u fans think macheda is God he scored twice and Vorinin Scored more than that off the bench as did dave n'gog

i don't know why you brought macheda into this but just so you know his goals per game ratio was miles better than ngog's and voronins in the season he was at liverpool.

no man united fans think macheda is god.

better than ngog. yes.

better than voronin. right now it's probably pretty close as macheda is only 18 but in the future he'll probably be much better.

macheda is a great prospect in my opinion.

i don't know why you brought macheda into this but just so you know his goals per game ratio was miles better than ngog's and voronins in the season he was at liverpool.

N'Gog goals per minute is higher though. I think.

Back