Title bid not over, says Benitez

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 4K
I'm 29 yrs old & have been a Liverpool fan since i was 8 and i've never seen a manager buy so many players & then sell 'em on just proves that Rafa Benitez aint gotta clue what he's doing.
He's been the manager for around 5 years & still his zonal marking system isn't working!
As you can prob tell i aint a huge Benitez fan but the thing that really makes me angry about him is his
consistant selection of Lucas!!! The guy can't even cross the road let alone the ball!
Anyways rant over!! lol

who else other tahn lucas do we have?
and clearly rafa does know what he is doing
would u prefer torres or cisse?
johnson or arbeloa?
diuof or kuyt?
each year we make small steps towards a better team
if anyone is to blame, its those tightarse yanks

who else other tahn lucas do we have?
and clearly rafa does know what he is doing
would u prefer torres or cisse?
johnson or arbeloa?
diuof or kuyt?
each year we make small steps towards a better team
if anyone is to blame, its those tightarse yanks

You live & die by your signings! So if you buy players then sell them on it tends to look
like you don't really know what kind of player your looking for!Maybe Rafa could've saved the money & bought players that he was prepared to stick with.
Speaking of sticking with players would Lucas get into any other premier league team? I doubt it! I grew up watching midfielders like John Barnes,Ronnie Whelean, Jan Molby,Steve McMahan,Graeme Souness etc etc so to see someone like Lucas attempting to play football in a Liverpool shirt nothing but an aberration but that's my personal view.
I will agree with you though that the yanks at liverpool are not doing us any good!

we are like 3 games in and people are allready talking about the title christ this season is gonna be so tight as you got 6 maybe 7 teams who realisticly think they could challenge i honestly believe we are going to see one of the lowest point tally of a winner ever

I'm not saying the title race is over.I think that would be foolish i just don't think Rafa & his squad are any good apart from a few.

if we were in may then things maybe over that was the 3rd game of the season a people are writing teams off don't write anyone off until the end. but the way Liverpool have been playing I think Burnley have more chance of winning the league lol

People wrote off Villa after first game claiming theyd be lucky with mid-table, liverpool havnt had a brilliant start to the season but it is only the start and Aquilaini (spelling |)) could be a beast when hes fit and totally change the dynamic at liverpool. Also dont forget Man Utd lost to Burnley so i assume they too have no chance of winning the title...

Rafa Has To Go Hes A ******* ****** That Cant Manage For **** He Doesnt Have A Clue Wat It Takes To Win The Prem United Have Let Go There Two Best Players Of Last Season And Its Shown We Aint A Two Man Team If Liverpool Let Gerrard And Torres Go Id Say Top 10 At Most And You Shouldnt Of Sold Alonso Coz You Havent Got A Replacement For ME Rafa Has To Go

My Eyes Hurt After That Post Of Over-Usage Of The Shift Key.

Rafa Has To Go Hes A ******* ****** That Cant Manage For **** He Doesnt Have A Clue Wat It Takes To Win The Prem United Have Let Go There Two Best Players Of Last Season And Its Shown We Aint A Two Man Team If Liverpool Let Gerrard And Torres Go Id Say Top 10 At Most And You Shouldnt Of Sold Alonso Coz You Havent Got A Replacement For ME Rafa Has To Go

A typical Utd fan showing their inteligence.....sorry lack of!

Not My Fault I Type Quicker Like That:@

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

No liverpool Are Shitt

I want benitez out
and as ive always said lucas is not a top 4 sideprem quality

I want benitez out
and as ive always said lucas is not a top 4 sideprem quality

Well Liverpool aint a sacking club(only sacked 2 managers in their history) so Benitez won't be sacked but as he has all control at Liverpool it'll be pretty hard for him to convince the board not to get rid off him if Liverpool either fail to win the league or a decent cup comp.

I'm 29 yrs old & have been a Liverpool fan since i was 8 and i've never seen a manager buy so many players & then sell 'em on just proves that Rafa Benitez aint gotta clue what he's doing.

That just shows you don't have a clue really, Benitez has never had the money (or the squad) to just be able to buy one world class player a year like Ferguson does. Benitez has had to buy players for little to no money to improve the squad, and then sell them on for a profit and buy a better replacement.

Would you rather have Baros, Cheyrou, Pongolle, Biscan, Dudek, Hesky, etc. playing alongside Torres? Or would you rather have Mascherano, Aurellio, Reina, Alonso, etc.?

Rafa has built a pretty impressive squad over the last few seasons on an incredibly small budget in comparison to our rivals. Not to mention the overhaul to our youth system, which hopefully in a few years will start producing a few players for the team or to sell on.

He's been the manager for around 5 years & still his zonal marking system isn't working!

Seriously, you could be a pundit on Match of the Day or something. There is nothing wrong at all with the way we set up for set-pieces. Our record at conceeding from corners & freekicks is one of the best there is.

Whether you use Zonal or Man Marking for set-pieces. If a goal is conceeded it is always because of an individuals mistake and has nothing to do with the system.

As you can prob tell i aint a huge Benitez fan but the thing that really makes me angry about him is his
consistant selection of Lucas!!! The guy can't even cross the road let alone the ball!
Anyways rant over!! lol

Please actually start watching Lucas play instead of just scapegoating him. He's a tidy player, who will improve over time. Sadly he's probably going to be sold pretty soon because no matter what he does he's never going to win over the idiot fans.

That just shows you don't have a clue really, Benitez has never had the money (or the squad) to just be able to buy one world class player a year like Ferguson does. Benitez has had to buy players for little to no money to improve the squad, and then sell them on for a profit and buy a better replacement.

Would you rather have Baros, Cheyrou, Pongolle, Biscan, Dudek, Hesky, etc. playing alongside Torres? Or would you rather have Mascherano, Aurellio, Reina, Alonso, etc.?

Rafa has built a pretty impressive squad over the last few seasons on an incredibly small budget in comparison to our rivals. Not to mention the overhaul to our youth system, which hopefully in a few years will start producing a few players for the team or to sell on.

Seriously, you could be a pundit on Match of the Day or something. There is nothing wrong at all with the way we set up for set-pieces. Our record at conceeding from corners & freekicks is one of the best there is.

Whether you use Zonal or Man Marking for set-pieces. If a goal is conceeded it is always because of an individuals mistake and has nothing to do with the system.

Please actually start watching Lucas play instead of just scapegoating him. He's a tidy player, who will improve over time. Sadly he's probably going to be sold pretty soon because no matter what he does he's never going to win over the idiot fans.

I am entitled to my opinion!! So hopefully your implying that i'm a idiot fan!
I have actually seen Lucas play so i think i'm intitled to my opinion about him also!
Yes i will agree with you about the finance's at Liverpool aren't as good as the other so called top 4!
Like said earlier i am intiled to my opinion & that's what makes it the greatest game on earth 'coz everyone has an opinion about it!

I think people are over reacting here,if you look at the match stats Liverpool absolutely battered Villa over the 90 mins but just couldn't put there chances away,9 times out of 10 Liverpool would of won,they were just very unlucky on the night.Its only 3 games gone,judge them after 10-15 games,im sure they will be right in the mix.

lee,

Fair enough he does not have the fund Fergie has had over the last few years and he has had to rebuild a team left by Hoola Hoop but with the money he HAS had he has signed some class players like Masch,Torres,Reina but he has wasted some amount on players who are just not good enough to win the league

Fernando Torres
Robbie Keane
Ryan Babel
Xabi Alonso
Dirk Kuyt
Albert Riera
Andrea Dossena
Peter Crouch
Lucas Leiva
Jermaine Pennant
Martin Skrtel
Craig Bellamy
Luis Garcia
Jose Reina
Dan Agger
Mohammed Sissoko
Fernando Morientes
Yossi Benayoun
Diego Cavalieri
Alvaro Arbeloa
Sebastian Leto
Jose Miguel Gonzalez
David Ngog
Scott Carson
Mikel San Jose
David Martin
Antonio Barragan
Besian Idrizaj
Krisztian Nemeth
Andriy Voronin
Nikolay Mihaylov
Lauri Dalla Valle
Charles Itandje
Philipp Degen
Robbie Fowler
Javier Mascherano
Miki Roque
Nabir El Zhar
Fabio Aurelio
Jan Kromkamp
Boudewijn Zenden
Mauricio Pellegrino
Martin Kelly
Ronald Huth
Jordy Brouwer
Francisco Manuel Duran
Emiliano Insua
Antonio Nunez

I did take out alot of the young players he has brought in but when you look at that list he has wasted alot of money on players who are simply not title contenders

That is my biggest beaf with Rafa

Well Liverpool aint a sacking club(only sacked 2 managers in their history) so Benitez won't be sacked but as he has all control at Liverpool it'll be pretty hard for him to convince the board not to get rid off him if Liverpool either fail to win the league or a decent cup comp.

but these americans dont know what they're doing
it a businees to them

Awesome
Fernando Torres
Dirk Kuyt
Dan Agger - When he's fit.
Javier Mascherano - :wub:
Jose Reina
Xabi Alonso 19.7

Pretty Good
Martin Skrtel
Albert Riera
Fabio Aurelio - :wub:
Yossi Benayoun
Alvaro Arbeloa
Glen Johnson
Luis Garcia (-2.0)
Mohammed Sissoko 2.6 - If only he could pass, he would be a great player.

Reserves/Youth
Jose Miguel Gonzalez
Mikel San Jose
David Martin
Krisztian Nemeth - Was hoping this would be his season to step up but he's just been loaned out to AEK.
Nikolay Mihaylov
Lauri Dalla Valle - :wub:
Miki Roque
Nabir El Zhar
Martin Kelly
Ronald Huth
Jordy Brouwer
Francisco Manuel Duran
Besian Idrizaj (0.2)
Antonio Barragan 0.5

Still Time
David Ngog - Looks really good this season.
Emiliano Insua - Looks promising.
Lucas Leiva

Did a Job
Boudewijn Zenden
Robbie Fowler
Andriy Voronin
Diego Cavalieri
Scott Carson 2.25
Peter Crouch 4.0
Craig Bellamy 1.5

Wastes of Money
Andrea Dossena - Hopefully he can prove himself a little this season.
Ryan Babel - At the moment he's been a complete let down, hopefully he can pull his finger out. If not he'll probably be sold for a fair bit.
Paletta (0.8)
Fernando Morientes (3.3)
Jermaine Pennant (6.5)
Sebastian Leto 1.5 - Poor guy couldn't get a work permit.

Terrible
Mauricio Pellegrino - Free, but terrible. At least he's our coach now.
Charles Itandje - A joke.
Jan Kromkamp - Terrible.
Philipp Degen - Still not played yet, worse than Aurellio for injuries.
Robbie Keane (3.0) - Sulked too much, shame really because he's a decent player.
Josemi (0.3)
Antonio Nunez 0.5
Mark Gonzalez 2.0

There's also his other big signing of the summer, Alberto Aquilani. Hopefully he won't flop.

I am entitled to my opinion!! So hopefully your implying that i'm a idiot fan!
I have actually seen Lucas play so i think i'm intitled to my opinion about him also!

I couldn't care less if you think he's ****. I don't think you're an idiot for that, the idiots are the ones who will never come around to him and turn a blind eye to all of the good he actually does.

Last edited:

All right calm down!!!

Maybe if you stopped buying ***** like Pennant and Lee's favourite player of all time, Anthony Le Tallec then you may have a chance.

I heard Tuncay Sanli is for sale :(

And Lee -
Dirk Kuyt is called Dirk ***** for a reason. Agree with the rest of the awesome players.

Also agree with the Pretty Good players.

David NGog will become a good player, so will Insua

Out of the did a job you Zenden stealing twats. Voronin, what did he ever do apart from have a ridiculous ponytail and Cavalieri, did he ever play? He did a good job being a No2 goalkeeper yes.

Last edited:
i'm with james. what job did voronin do. has he even scored?

i hope benitez is sacked soon. i don't know why as the replacement would probably be better.

what could sissoko do if he couldn't pass and he definetly couldn't shoot. i guess tackle maybe but the what would he do with the ball he can't pass, shoot or dribble.

Last edited:
Back