iJoseph

Reaction score

attachment.php

Shearer returns

Alan+Shearer+Takes+Over+Newcastle+United+Manager+4_nYbZoXP0xl.jpg

The former England captain and Newcastle’s all-time record goalscorer had turned down several approaches to take a coaching role with the team he represented for 10 years, but he has agreed to become manager in place of Alan Pardrew.
The club will make an annoucement on Shearer's appointment later today. According to Sky Sports, Iain Dowie will be joining his coaching staff. Pardrew resigned after owner Mike Ashley agreed to sell Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £35,000,000. Shearer has returned to Newcastle for his second stint as a manager after he managed Newcastle in 2009 but couldn't keep them in the Premier League but this time he says he will.

' I am going to make Newcastle big again. I failed to keep them up in 2009 but now they have a better squad and i cant wait to start working with them, i think we will miss Carroll as he is a very good and young footballer but he did whats best for him as he wants to be playing European football. Me and Ian will be talking about possible signings in the next few days and i hope we can bring in some talent so we can push on and make ourselves an established Premier League club. I will also miss Match of the Day very much indeed and i hope maybe one day i can do some more shows with Alan and Gary

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i hope you continue to follow

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

attachment.php

Paul-Robinson-001.jpg

Here at BBC Sport we will have a look at Newcastle United transfer dealings in August

Transfers In

Bobby Zamora - £7,750,000
Sergio Araujo - £2,500,000
Humberto Suazo - £2,800,000
Pablo Zabaleta - £4,300,000
Marco Verratti - £1,200,000
Christian Romaric - £1,300,000
Fabian Monzon - £2,400,000
Paul Robinson - £10,000,000
Ivan - £5,000
Marc McNulty - £60,000

Transfers Out

Ryan Donaldson - Loan - Southampton
Jeff Henderson - Loan - Morton
Paddy McLaughlin - Loan - Livingston
Shane Fergusan - Loan - Morecambe
Paul McNulty - Loan - Shrewsbury

Arsenal 1 - 1 Newcastle
60' Walcott 63' Gael Clichy (Red Card) 66' Laurent Koscielny (Red Card) - 75' Zamora

theo_633567241240156250.jpg

Robinson
Monzon - Coloccini - Campbell - Taylor
Ben Arfa - Nolan - Ireland - Verratti
Zamora - Suazo

I was thrilled at our second half performance, we fought and fought until we got the goal and i am delighted for Bobby scoring on his debut. Arsenal are a very good team and are one of the best in the world and it didn't help them having two red cards, Arsene wasn't happy with the ref but this will give our team the confidence we need going into our next game.

Newcastle 1 - 0 Bolton
53' Ben Arfa

toon-celebration.jpg

Robinson
Zabaleta - Coloccini - Campbell - Monzon
Ben Arfa - Nolan - Ireland - Verratti
Zamora - Suazo

The scoreline flattered Bolton in this game, we was all over them. We had 15 shots, 9 of them on target, Monzon hit the bar and Bolton were no real threat to us at all. Hatem Ben Arfa got his first goal for the club after cutting in off the right wing and curling one in he far corner of the net.

Port Vale 2 - 5 Newcastle
55' Fraser 73' Richards - 4' 82' Ben Arfa 38' McCombe OG 75' Romaric 88' Zamora

article-1284972893025-0B3F4245000005DC-302593_636x300.jpg

Robinson
Taylor - Coloccini - Campbell - Monzon
Ben Arfa - Ireland - Romaric - Verratti
Zamora - Araujo

Although this was only the second round of the League Cup i was showing no mercy, the squad needed to gel and thats what they did today, credit to Port Vale though as they did pull it back to 2-2 after a magnificent strike from Richards but we had the better mental and physical strength to win the game comfortably.

Manchester City 1 - 4 Newcastle
37' Tevez - 24' Ben Arfa 44' Araujo 49' Verratti (Pen) 65' Zamora

Bobby-Zamora_creativeforward.jpg

Robinson
Taylor - Coloccini - Campbell - Monzon
Ben Arfa - Ireland - Romaric - Verratti
Zamora - Araujo

I was delighted with the boys today, they showed real passion and commitment towards the game. The fans turned out in there numbers once again to scream the players name and they even have a song for me.
'Alan Shearer's black and white army
Alan Shearer's black and white army
Alan Shearer's black and white army'
That brought a tear to my eye, the Toon faithful had faith in the team and me, i felt on top of the world beating the richest club in the world.

Last edited:
Some good signings there but Robinson looked expensive Krul is a steady performer so maybe the money could have been used elsewhere!

attachment.php

Charlie Adam joins Newcastle

Charlie_Adam_1640778c.jpg

Blackpool's Charlie Adam has today rejected a move to Aston Villa to join newly promoted Newcastle United. Adam has had speculation all around him this window with Newcastle, Liverpool and Aston Villa all putting bids in for the player. Adam decided to choose Newcastle because of the promise they have to break into Europe in the next few years, Adam joined Newcastle for a fee around £5,750,000. Newcastle United had been interested in Manchester City's winger Shaun Wright - Phillips but at 5pm on deadline day they had the bid rejected for £10,000,000.

This is what Adam had to say;

I am delighted to be at this magnificent club. They have a great squad a great manager and a great stadium, but most of all they have one of the best fan base in the Premier League. I left Blackpool with a heavy heart as i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them, i loved my time there winning promotion but now my head is with Newcastle trying to push on for the Europa League, they are 2nd in the league and thats amazing to say they have only just come up but its early days yet

Good Signing, im sure you can finish high up the table with this team!

I was going to sign Charlie Adam too... XD Don't mind if I still do, do you? Brilliant story so far mate by the way.

I was going to sign Charlie Adam too... XD Don't mind if I still do, do you? Brilliant story so far mate by the way.

Thanks, and buy who you want

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Newcastle 4 - 1 Fulham
11' Zamora 15' 78' Ben Arfa 83' Araujo - 7' 30' Al-Qahtani

Hatem-Ben-Arfa-300x266.jpg

Robinson
Zabaleta - Campbell - Coloccini - Monzon
Ben Arfa - Adam - Nolan - Jonas
Zamora - Ameobi

I was very pleased with the performance on a whole and the squad are finally working well together. Bobby was happy at scoring against his former club and so was i, Qahtani caused some problems but we could cope with him in the second half. Ben Arfa added to his tally once more and he is on fire, we are still going strong at 2nd place and maybe we could get into Europe.

Millwall 2 - 1 Newcastle
53' Trotter 62' Dunne - 57' Zamora

Millwall-Kit-10-11.jpg

Krul
Barton
Ben Arfa - Nolan - Jonas
Zamora - Lovenkrands

I am disappointed with the lads after this result, i tweaked the tactics a little and i know that is my fault but i also made changes to the squad and they just didn't click at all, Zamora carried on his fine goalscoring form but all credit to Millwall they wanted it more than us and they got the result.

Newcastle 1 - 0 West Ham
36' Zamora

Bobby-Zamora-006.jpg

Robinson
Zamora - Araujo

I was adamant we picked up our form from early on in the season as we need to be winning these sort of games by a bigger margin, neither team turned up today and we was lucky to get the three points, however we was sat at the top of the league over the moon. I let the lads have a day off tomorrow and i made it clear that they shall not go drinking out in public as it would make our team look bad and also our next game was against our rivals Sunderland.

attachment.php

Newcastle duo transfer listed

AlanSmith2.jpg

Today Newcastle United manager Alan Shearer has transfer listed Alan Smith and Shola Amoebi with immediate effect after the two were spotted out in various nightclubs getting drink when they were under strict instructions not to do so. Smith and Ameobi haven't featured in Shearer's plans so far this year and have been reportedly unhappy at the club. Just days after Shearer took over at St.James's park he told the whole squad if anything like this happened they would be on there way out of the club and Shearer has stuck to his promise. Shearer had this to say;

Well... I am truly shocked at there behavior. They have shown disrespect to me and Newcastle as a club. They have set a bad example for the younger generation who look up to them and thats why i can not have them at this club any longer. I will be letting them leave in January even if they reject all offers then they will be without a club because i will release them for free, i despise this behavior and let this be a warning to any other players in my squad.

Tyne and Wear derby

Sunderland 2 - 3 Newcastle
3' 30' Gyan - 27' 70' Zamora 84' Ben Arfa

bartonMOS1011_468x476.jpg

Robinson
Araujo
Zamora

I was delighted with the lads today we showed real commitment and passion to beat off our bitter rivals. Not one player stopped running as they understood how much this meant to the fans and our club. But credit to Bruce's men as they did put up a real battle but just didn't have that little extra to win and thats why i believe we won the game. There was a few scraps but i expected that and i am pleased there was no sendings off or injuries and it was a great game for everyone.

Good story and excellent results!

Zamora seems to be doing well for you. :)

Wigan 0 - 4 Newcastle
18' Adam (Pen) 43' Ben Arfa 45' 72' Araujo

sergio-araujo.jpg

Robinson
Ben Arfa - Adam - Nolan - Verratti
Zamora - Araujo

A great result. We dominated all the game and they only looked dangerous when Hugo was on the ball. Araujo was delighted at scoring a brace and so was i, he is a very good player for his age adn he finally seems to be developing to the Prem. Charlie got his first goal from the spot with a trade mark pen whic even i would of been proud of.

Newcastle 3 - 2 Woves
30' 43' Araujo 74' Monzon - 54' Fletcher (Pen) 90' Griffiths

chinoaraujo.jpg

Robinson
Zamora - Araujo

It was a dramatic match for us, in truth we were dominated and in all honesty deserved it, but we got through and i was pleased the lads, they showed the correct temperament and showed loyal commitment to the game. Now we were gelling as a squad and were getting the results together. I was hoping we could of won by a few more but i am not that fussed, at least we won, that is the main thing.

Newcastle 2 - 3 Liverpool
8' 18' Suazo - 49' 77' Gerrard 54' Cole

2007111922431186878163.jpg

Robinson
Zamora - Suazo

I wasn't too fussed about this game, 'Pool had amazing talent in there squad with Suarez and Gerrard and dare i say ? Yes. Andy Carroll, you could see the hunger in his face to get a goal, but our defence were not going to let that happen. Suazo had been on the bemch after he failed to impress but an Araujo injury forced him to start and my word he showed me why he should be in the first 11, a brace after only 18 minutes and we were flying. Until Gerrard came on, he changed the game completely, pin-point passing and amazing finishing ability killed us off.

Good stuff mate, could you check out my Athletico story please? :)