Top 5 SPL Best and Worst signings of 2010/11

Best

Izaguirre
Jelavic
Eremenko
Commons
Hooper

no particular order. If I had to choose a stand out one, it would be Eremenko, due to players around him not being as good thus having work harder. Izaguirre and Kayal were both massive coups but them wanting to leave now is lame :/

Flops

Beattie
Ljungberg (even though he is old)
Murphy
Healy
Juarez

Best
no particular order. If I had to choose a stand out one, it would be Eremenko, due to players around him not being as good thus having work harder. Izaguirre and Kayal were both massive coups but them wanting to leave now is lame :/
Eremenko didnt work hard ;) one of the laziest players I have ever seen but I know wheat you mean.

Izzy has made no noises about leaving at all.
Kayal has hired a new agent which isnt good but he hasnt publicly said he wants to leave.

Even with eremenko he been lazy at times he still shown out to be different class from the SPL. That itself shows es a much better player, if he wasnt as lazy he would me amense!

Alexei Eremenko - loan - Metalist Kharkiv > Killie

Personally I think Eremenko is overrated, wouldnt stand out at Rangers or Celtic.

Davis is a better passer of the ball imo. Eremenko plays a free role at killie which makes him look better than he is and leaves the other midfielder with a lot of work to do. He was one of the better players in the SPL this season but there are a few ahead of him.

All-Blue Supporter is a buffoon. He is an okay player... not outstanding at a mid-table Ukrainian team. I think Medhi Taoul is better.
And as for Rangers... didn't you see our last 10 games last season?

1.Kris Commons(300k)
2.Darren McGregor(free)
3.Darren Randolph(free)
4.Alexei Eremenko(Loan & breath of fresh air!)
5.Vladimir Weiss(Loan)

1.Efrain Juarez(3mil)
2.Daryl Murphy(1.5mil)
3.James Beattie(1 mill n nearly £20k a week)
4.El hadj Diouf (loan waste of breath and 12k a week)
5.Paul Hartley( free but big wages for a team like Aberdeen?)

Based this on value for money not performance otherwise Jelavic and Kayal would have been on it,thought of Izaguirre as well but cost 600K and i think the others represented better value? ( although some of you on previous posts clearly disagree!)

Id just like to point out that Hooper has scored 20 goals in 26 games for Celtic (0.77 goals/game), Jelavic has scored 16 in 23. (0.70 goals/games) Hooper also cost £1.6million less than Jelavic.

Id just like to point out that Hooper has scored 20 goals in 26 games for Celtic (0.77 goals/game), Jelavic has scored 16 in 23. (0.70 goals/games) Hooper also cost £1.6million less than Jelavic.

Hoopers a good player and Celtic definately got value for money for what they paid but this is a subject that will divide old firm fans because i'd rather have Jelavic simple reason i think he's a better all round player?

I think Jelavic is Stronger,better in the Air,technically better n maybe a better link-up man?
Hoopers quicker,better finisher and undoubtably a good player,but that's my reasoning?

The 2 would probably compliment each other better than any of the strikers at their current clubs?

Last edited:
Hoopers a good player and Celtic definately got value for money for what they paid but this is a subject that will divide old firm fans because i'd rather have Jelavic simple reason i think he's a better all round player?

I think Jelavic is Stronger,better in the Air,technically better n maybe a better link-up man?
Hoopers quicker,better finisher and undoubtably a good player,but that's my reasoning?

The 2 would probably compliment each other better than any of the strikers at their current clubs?
I agree Jelavic is a better rounded player and will be very useful in Europe this season for Rangers. But last season I think that Hooper preformed better than him.

Yeah I wouldn't disagree with that,both had injury problems that probably impeded them having even better seasons so I'm looking forward to seeing who comes out on top this year?(provided they're not sold?)